The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"Very good ! A taste adventure ..."
Posted by Karchita on 03-27-11 at 11:01 PM
I made this tonight because I had most of the ingredients on hand. I had some salmon in the freezer and a half a bottle of pinot noir and figured I could ad lib the rest. I served it with brown rice and brussels sprouts.

This came out quite tasty. The sauce was thick and almost like a barbeque sauce, but much better (imho) and with a fancy French name. Oooh la la! It complimented the flavor of the salmon well, though I liked it over the rice nearly as much. I love the taste of fresh salmon, but, sadly, that is not what I had available tonight. Personally, I would not put this sauce on delicious fresh fish, but on aged freezer fish, it made a bad thing much better. I thought the brussel sprouts were a perfect accompaniment.

Tweeks:
• I used half the sugar and twice the balsamic vinegar.
• I used a ton of garlic and no rosemary (though I did put some in the rice).
• I added 2 cups of beef broth and then had to thicken it with some corn starch.
• To cook the fish, I preheated the pan with canola oil, put the fish in, covered it, and by the time I remembered to check it, it was done perfectly.

Thanks for a culinary adventure, frofro! I'd like to try it again with chicken next time.

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •