The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"RE: OTCC - Ginger Lime Chicken Salad with Sweet Potato Fries"
Posted by thndrkttn on 03-01-10 at 09:25 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-10 AT 09:27 AM (EST)

I made this yesterday afternoon. I cannot even begin to express how much we enjoyed it. It was out of this world. My favorite recipe thus far. I know everyone keeps describing it as tasting ‘fresh’ and it does! Crisp, creamy, deep flavor but still very light. My DH had no interest in the recipe at all. It’s just not up his alley...until I made him try it. Not only did he have a sandwich for lunch, he had a bigger sandwich for dinner --the same day! I kept asking him if he would change anything and he kept saying “No, it’s perfection.”

This is the type of recipe that you would serve at an informal baby/bridal shower or bring to a summer outing to impress the attendees. I liked it so much that since I have leftovers of the majority of the ingredients, I’m making it again this week. I just need to pick up some more chicken.

We made the fries seperately as I didn't have time before the game. I was a little leary of the whole egg white thing but follwed the recipe anyway. We used Tastefully Simple's season salt (waves to weltek) and they turned out REALLY well. We did cook the whole potatoes in the microwave for a couple of minutes first. We also put the baking sheet in the oven beforehand so when the fries hit the pan they started to cook and crisp immediately. Mmm! We didn't make the dipping sauce because we were pooped by that point.

I have a bunch of pics that I still have to upload. I’ll do that tonight. I was trying to make this, do laundry and get everything done in time to watch the hockey game which is why my ipod went through the wash.

Thank you qwertypie. It was truly wonderful and something that I NEVER would have tried on my own (or my DH for that matter.) In addition, I have decided to start an herb garden so I will have everything on hand to make this whenever. DH even pulled all the seeds out for me last night.

OTCCers, make this! You will not be disappointed. Pics to follow...

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •