The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"RE: Camping Recipes"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-19-09 at 10:14 AM
When I was a co-leader of Bre's Girl Scout troop we did a lot of camping - we still do but the cooking is not so dessert laden .

Banana Boats
1 banana
1/2 chocolate bar
Peel back one side of banana peel. Carefully cut a well into the middle of the banana and save the removed piece of banana. Break 1/2 chocolate bar into small chunks. Fill crevice with chocolate chunks. Cover chocolate with the removed piece of banana. Wrap banana in foil and allow for handles on the ends. Place on grill or coals and cook for 10-20 minutes until chocolate is melted and banana is warm.

Baked Apples
apples
brown sugar
pat of butter
cinnamon candy

Core out the top half of an apple. Fill with brown sugar. Place pat of butter on top of sugar, and place cinnamon candy on top of butter. Wrap in foil and place in coals, candy-side up, for about 15 minutes. Take out of coals, let cool, and enjoy.

Breakfast on a stick

Cut day-old unsliced (loaf) bread into 2-inch squares
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 box shredded coconut

Place bread squares on a stick. Dip squares in sweetened condensed milk, then in coconut. Toast over fire.

Coffee Can Ice Cream

1 - 1 lb coffee can with lid
1 - 3 lb coffee can with lid
duct tape for lid
crushed ice
rock salt

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
chopped nuts, or pieces of fruit - optional

Combine ingredients in a clean 1 lb coffee can with a tight fitting plastic lid. Tape lid for added security. Place 1 lb coffee can in 3 lb coffee can. Pack crushed ice around the smaller can. Pour almost 1 cup of rock salt over the ice. Replace lid on 3 lb can. Roll the can back and forth on the floor or sidewalk for 10 minutes. Remove the inside can carefully. Keep salt solution out of the small can. Remove lid of small can and stir ice cream with a rubber spatula. Replace and retape lid. Drain ice water from larger can and place smaller can inside. Repack with ice and salt. Roll back and forth 5 - 10 minutes more depending on how firm you like your ice cream. Makes about 3 cups

I bought the icecream ball last year, which works much better, but back then the girls had a ball decorating their own ice cream cans.

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •