The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"Marinated Flank Steak (for the grill)"
Posted by Asrai on 05-15-09 at 10:55 AM
Ingredients:

*1-2 medium sized flank steaks
*1/2 cup cooking oil
*16 oz soy sauce
*2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
*1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (this is flexible, I like more)
*2-4 tablespoons minced onions or onion flakes

Directions:

*Whisk all ingredients except the flank steaks
*pour 1/4 into a large container that has an air tight lid
*add steaks
*pour remaining mixture over the steaks
*cover container and let marinade overnight in the fridge

Grilling Instructions:

*grill over medium high flame for 20-30 minutes each side
*brush (I use a spoon to insure maximum onion flavor) mixture on steaks during grill time
*let set before slicing across the grain in small strips.

*due to the oil, you'll need to be at the ready for flare ups, but the grill can be closed with the proper venting*

I prefer mine to be 'done' with a nice crust, but you can grill to your specifications on a trial and error basis! My GF and her family prefer it a bit pink, so I always double the recipe and get theirs off the grill first. We always serve over rice and add some grilled asparagus or grilled corn on the cob. Add a nice salad and it's a great 'fancy' backyard bbq/cookout summer meal.

This is a family recipe and I was sworn to secrecy. Please don't bust me out!!

Face time with Slice

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •