The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD-10 Top Sixteen ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-23-13, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD-10 Top Sixteen ECST"
We skipped a week from some sport thingie or other, so will the extra preparation/rest help or hurt this week?

Two more go home tonight, keep all dances, outfits, lighting weirdness, jidging and home sending here until the West Coast has a chance to see if for themselves.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Intro Snidget 07-23-13 1
 Solos Snidget 07-23-13 2
   RE: Solos udg 07-24-13 12
 Alexis and Nico Snidget 07-23-13 3
   RE: Alexis and Nico udg 07-24-13 13
 Jenna and Tucker Snidget 07-23-13 4
   RE: Jenna and Tucker udg 07-24-13 14
 Mariah and Blu Print Snidget 07-23-13 5
   RE: Mariah and Blu Print udg 07-24-13 15
 Malece and Alan Snidget 07-23-13 6
   RE: Malece and Alan udg 07-24-13 16
 Hayley and Curtis Snidget 07-23-13 7
   RE: Hayley and Curtis udg 07-24-13 17
 Amy and Fik-Shun Snidget 07-23-13 8
   RE: Amy and Fik-Shun udg 07-24-13 18
 Makenzie and Paul Snidget 07-23-13 9
   RE: Makenzie and Paul udg 07-24-13 19
 Jasmine H and Aaron Snidget 07-23-13 10
   RE: Jasmine H and Aaron udg 07-24-13 20
 Going Home is... Snidget 07-23-13 11
   RE: Going Home is... udg 07-24-13 21
   post show thoughts tribephyl 07-24-13 22
       RE: post show thoughts JessicaRN 07-25-13 23
           RE: post show thoughts Snidget 07-25-13 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-23-13, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Intro"
Group number. New World the Irrepressibles. Very red.

And now in beige/grey undies.

Again, I miss Wade Robeson.

Stacey Tookie and Peter Chu routine.

Jidges. Nigel, Mary, Carly Rae Jepson.

Cat: Nigel we don't like to blow our own trumpets
Nigel: Oh yes we do. 7 nominations.

Dancing us in, the top 16

6 dancers in danger, recap of last week.

Step forward

Mariah
Alan
MacKenzie
BluPrint
Jenna
Curtis

Back row safe.

Which Guy and Girl send to safety. Relevance of Dancing for their lives. Important as it reminds us of their own genre and why here. Not ask Jenna, she is safe. Everyone else dance for us. Not saving a guy at this point.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-23-13, 08:17 PM (EST)
2. "Solos"
Mackenzie

Clair de Lune
Laura Sullivan

Alan with a cape

Return of the the King
Xray Dog

Curtis

Used to Love U
John Legend

Mariah

Set It Off
Kardinal

Blu Print

Illusion of Choice
Gramatik

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-24-13, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Solos"
I'm just watching this ep right now. Mariah had the worst solo by far. Blu Print was good, but Curtis & Alan were better.

07-23-13, 08:29 PM (EST)
3. "Alexis and Nico"
Pimping out National Dance Day.

Reintroductions, what doesn't America Know about you.

Alexis, Dance Olympics
Nico, Soccer player, lots of yellow cards.

Dancing the Jive. Lots of tricks. Brought in a stunt team to show them the tricks. Tony and Melody

Mayhem
Imelda May

Not jive enough for me, was that a samba roll?!?

Nigel. Started off well. Double bounce, flick kicks. That feel, you lost it half way through, klunky with the lifts. Hope they don't forget you by voting time. OK, not great.

Mary. Enjoyed the routine. Retractions like you had honey boo boo's go go juice. Did beat yourself up in rehersals. Tough lift going up. Going into the triple steps need an extra retraction. Keep feet under you body. Good job on the dancing end of it.

Carly. So impressed, out of your element. Love the dress. Nico loved your face expressions.

Alexis has some foot problems says Cat.

07-24-13, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Alexis and Nico"
I actually agree with Nigel. It started strong but got messier toward the end.

07-23-13, 08:42 PM (EST)
4. "Jenna and Tucker"
Contemporary, Travis Wall.

Jenna loves baking. Have a cup cake business.

Tucker, the kid in weird costumes. lots of mouse costumes.

Jenna lost all self control, a puppet on a string. He is bringing hope and light.

Hangin' by a thread
Jann Arden.

She is actually attached to the ceiling with strings.

Mary. She's choked up. Memorable moments at the end of the season. Do something really great. They need that moment. And you just had it. Tucker, you are strong and soft when you need to be. The nurturing, so gentle to Jenna. Jenna your vulnerability. Can't yell you are on the hot tamale train but you are.

Carly. So emotional really beautiful.

Nigel. Nominated for last years work, and why he is with this routine. So many nuances I love. Contemporary for routines that aren't contemporary, got to come from a classical base and this did. You are a ballroom dancer, you have just lifted the game Jenna. Tucker we could have stayed on Jenna and you did some magnificent things. The clever thing she was strong enough to release herself. Why I stood and applauded.

Cat says they only got those strings today. Those don't actually lift up at all. He has some guns.

07-24-13, 12:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Jenna and Tucker"
Hmmm. I liked that, but I didn't feel the emotion of it. Maybe that was the music?

07-23-13, 08:52 PM (EST)
5. "Mariah and Blu Print"
Mariah is a girly girl cheerleader.

Blu Print he does pencil drumming.

Greek Goddess fallen for a mortal man.

Foll into the Sky
Zedd and Lucky date.

So they went from over-emphasizing who the choreographer is and sometimes I don't even find out who these days. didn't recognize this one by face.

I did not like that. Seemed just a bit off.

Carly. So fun. Energetic. Nervous at that lift at the end. Powerful.

Nigel. Not sure what part dropped off. Lost a cuff. Brian Freedman. Jazz can borrow from anywhere, hip hop flavor. When you do your homework, do you look on you tube. So much history that you can see there, was hip hop of it's day. A non stop style. Clunky into the last lift. That was good-ish.

Mary. Spectacular in those outfits. Love the beginning, the music picked up and you hit it hard. Spot on synchronization. Enjoyed it, lacked in the second half, but 3/4 was spectacular.

07-24-13, 12:40 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Mariah and Blu Print"
"Spot on synchronization"

Maybe in rehearsal, Mary, because that clip was not what we saw on stage live. I noted how they were NOT in sync and their bends were really uneven in the dance I watched.

07-23-13, 09:03 PM (EST)
6. "Malece and Alan"
Malece can out eat a man twice her size.

Alan he is a huge crybaby.

Hip Hop stolen by aliens, dancers sent to bring it back.

Bassline
Chris Brown

that was odd, the story line didn't quite work for me.

Nigel. Malece you are a mean little alien. Alan, you have to wear the different styles like a mantle. Cape routine a different person. When you do hip hop you gotta put that music on, and put on the swag. Aggressive and confident was missing. You were stiff. You didn't get down to the ground, pants didn't help. Give you little legs.

Mary. Not crazy about those pants either. Doesn't have to do with how you dance. Didn't grab onto the style, was strong, but didn't sit in the pocket. Did not help with Malece, you were on fire tonight. Getting your groove on. Dropped right down, so many nuances. Star shining bright.

Carly. Malece you are adorable. Alan did a great job, hard to take my eyes off Malece.

07-24-13, 12:43 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Malece and Alan"
And again Malice was over scored by the judges. Poor Alan.

07-23-13, 09:16 PM (EST)
7. "Hayley and Curtis"
Contemporary

Hayley is a beauty queen. First runner up.
Curtis would be a professional basketball player if he wasn't a dancer.

On there voyage to the top. They have to climb a ladder. 15 feet high.

Don't Let Go Yet
David J Roch

Mary. Love this number by Dee. creative and love the combination. all the little transitions. Top of the desert. Curtis you have to watch your shoulders. Pull back down, it will create such a presence. Partnering skills spot on. Hayley, you are spectacular. Never have guessed you had issues, that is a wiggly ladder. You made it look easy.

Carly. Partnership amazing, so much chemistry.

Cat heard about a date night. Took her for sushi to work on their connection, he paid and everything.

Nigel. Congrats to Dee as well. Pair of you will be climbing that ladder for the rest of your lives. Curtis disappointed about the shoulders. Ruined by your shoulders. Bring down your entire thoughts into your core. Have no strength there what so ever. Would not have been able to lift her. Disappointed with your solo. In this you did a good job in your performance emotionally. Hayley you were magnificent.

07-24-13, 12:48 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Hayley and Curtis"
There's the emotion I didn't get with Jenna and Tucker.

I think Hayley might be my favorite girl.

07-23-13, 09:28 PM (EST)
8. "Amy and Fik-Shun"
Hobo Jazz. Tyce the Oreo

Amy, loves fishing with her dad.
Fik Shun does martial arts, black belt.

Under the Bridge
Triplets of Belleville

Carly says something worthless.

Nigel. Can't say you grow in stature, gave you one of the best routines you grew enormously. Couple to beat. Personalities and dance. Amy they can do anything with you. Fik Shun, they will name the baby after you. The pair of you light up the stage.

Mary. Sweet as the Twinkies comeback. So adorable. How to tune into the couple and hit it out of the ballpark (to Tyce). Fikshun growing in performance every week. Amy whatever you need to be, fabulous dancer. Hobos need some transportation on the hot tamale train.

Nigel. shows the talent you need to choreograph on this show.

07-24-13, 12:53 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Amy and Fik-Shun"
I liked that a lot. DD didn't. *shrug*

07-23-13, 09:37 PM (EST)
9. "Makenzie and Paul"
Hip Hop Dave Scott

Makenzie, James Franco fan

Paul, first love is art.

1930's model and photographer, she starts off shy.

Pretty Lil Heart
Robin Thicke

Nigel. Trying to get my head around, I'm going to try to make her sexy, didn't have to try hard. Sexiest routine, new style of hip hop. Seemed more of the twenties, you are on my hot tamale train.

Mary. Right for once. She is driving the train. Been great every week. Paul who knew you had soul with those hip grinds. Makenzie, you just took one step and you are sexy and classy. Just the look you protray, it was everything up there.

Carly, something useless.

07-24-13, 12:59 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Makenzie and Paul"
Something about the 1920s + HipHop just did NOT work for me. It was hard to pay attention to how well they actually danced because of that dissonance. I got the impression it wasn't as good as the judges thought it was.

07-23-13, 09:49 PM (EST)
10. "Jasmine H and Aaron"
Quickstepping. Tony and Melody

Jasmine was a tomboy
Aaron loves music

About the Roaring Twenties.

Pencil full of lead
Paolo Nutini

Mary. I love the fact you just went for it out there. Weren't afraid, lot of tough stuff. Sometimes weren't quite as comfortable in closed and need some work on frame. In that part where you were I got this I own it. Jasmine, that last leg lift thing, lot of trust. Lots of things could have gone wrong. It is alive and kicking.

Carly...so worthless as a judge, so very lacking in anything meaningful to say.

Nigel Clever thing, was allow the personalities to dominate any lack of technique. Still used your legs, put you together because of your height.

07-24-13, 01:06 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Jasmine H and Aaron"
Quick Step + 1920s = MUCH better!

07-23-13, 09:57 PM (EST)
11. "Going Home is..."
Dance competition, have to let two go.

More difficult with the guys.

Alan step forward. What you brought in your solo, didn't bring in your partner work, have to do that. Find the different performances. Step back

Curtis. How many times do we give you the note. step back

Blu Print, magnificent at what you do, discipline will help you in your life. Lady wrote to me a tweet, "bow to the past, dance in the present, and leap high into the future" want you to leap high, you won't be staying with you this week. We will see you in the finale.

Mariah, Makenzie cemented her place with her work tonight, Mariah you will be leaving us tonight.

Cat you have been warriors on this show.

Recappage

07-24-13, 01:10 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Going Home is..."
*phew* That was definitely the right decision. Thank goodness!

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-13, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "post show thoughts"
The night finally got going with the last three numbers.
Amy & FikShun's Hobo dance was great fun, Mackenzie & Paul totally rocked their retro-hip-hop routine and thankfully, the curse of the quickstep ends with Jasmine H and Aaron.

I completely agree with both Mariah and BluPrint as bootees.
Love them as people and as dancers but they we're definitely the one's most in need of being removed from contention for America's Favorite Dancer.

I'm guessing Curtis will be next (unless he somehow misses the bottom 3) and with the girls it's getting much more difficult to pick out the worst of the bunch.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-25-13, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: post show thoughts"
Carly was so worthless, it was almost uncomfortable. She must have something to promote with Fox.

Mary was on WWHL and said the hardest guest judges were the Ballet Boys because they were so critical and lacked energy.

She also said that the first SYTYCD wedding is coming up - Twitch and Allison.

07-25-13, 04:00 PM (EST)
24. "RE: post show thoughts"
There is a reason I stopped transcribing the words that fell out of Carly's mouth.

I mean some of the guest judges don't have much technical to say but do a good job of describing the experience and what worked or didn't work for them.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •