The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD-10 Top Twenty"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-25-13, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD-10 Top Twenty"
This is it, we get to vote, who will be carried on far too long by a popular dancer, and who will leave way too soon because well, some people get carried far too long.

Keep it all here until the show airs on the West Coast.

I gots a headache so I can't promise more than the couple, style and song. But at least it will be a framework for discussion.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Starting Backstage Snidget 06-25-13 1
   RE: Starting Backstage tribephyl 06-25-13 14
   RE: Starting Backstage udg 06-27-13 27
   RE: Starting Backstage aethelstan 06-27-13 39
 Dancing in as Couples Snidget 06-25-13 2
 Mariah and Carlos Snidget 06-25-13 3
   RE: Mariah and Carlos tribephyl 06-25-13 15
   RE: Mariah and Carlos Sagebrush Dan 06-26-13 26
   RE: Mariah and Carlos udg 06-27-13 28
 Jasmine M and Alan Snidget 06-25-13 4
   RE: Jasmine M and Alan tribephyl 06-25-13 16
   RE: Jasmine M and Alan udg 06-27-13 29
 Malece and Jade Snidget 06-25-13 5
   RE: Malece and Jade tribephyl 06-25-13 17
   RE: Malece and Jade udg 06-27-13 30
 Jenna and Tucker Snidget 06-25-13 6
   RE: Jenna and Tucker tribephyl 06-25-13 18
   RE: Jenna and Tucker udg 06-27-13 31
 Brittany and BluPrint Snidget 06-25-13 7
   RE: Brittany and BluPrint tribephyl 06-25-13 19
   RE: Brittany and BluPrint udg 06-27-13 32
 Alexis and Nico Snidget 06-25-13 8
   RE: Alexis and Nico tribephyl 06-26-13 20
   RE: Alexis and Nico udg 06-27-13 33
 Makenzie and Paul Snidget 06-25-13 9
   RE: Makenzie and Paul tribephyl 06-26-13 21
   RE: Makenzie and Paul udg 06-27-13 34
 Jasmine H and Aaron Snidget 06-25-13 10
   RE: Jasmine H and Aaron tribephyl 06-26-13 22
   RE: Jasmine H and Aaron udg 06-27-13 35
 Hayley and Curtis Snidget 06-25-13 11
   RE: Hayley and Curtis tribephyl 06-26-13 23
   RE: Hayley and Curtis udg 06-27-13 36
 Amy and Fik-Shun Snidget 06-25-13 12
   RE: Amy and Fik-Shun byoffer 06-25-13 13
   RE: Amy and Fik-Shun tribephyl 06-26-13 24
   RE: Amy and Fik-Shun udg 06-27-13 37
 RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Twenty tribephyl 06-26-13 25
   Rankings udg 06-27-13 38
   RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Twenty aethelstan 06-27-13 40
   RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Twenty aethelstan 07-02-13 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-25-13, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Starting Backstage"
Puttin' on the ritz.

Malece gets the front center position in the final bit of the group number.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-13, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Starting Backstage"
Holy Cow that opening group number was awesome!
Great seeing all the faces from past seasons joining in with Mary and Nigel and the choreographers to introduce the new cast. Great job everyone! Loved seeing Travis, of course.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-27-13, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Starting Backstage"
Absolutely LOVED the opening number! I'm watching it again right now.

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-27-13, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Starting Backstage"
Great opening number. One of the best. Loved that version of Putting on the Ritz too. May have to buy it on iTunes.

06-25-13, 08:06 PM (EST)
2. "Dancing in as Couples"
Nappy Tabs did the opening number.

Your Jidges...

Mary Murphy
Nigel Lithgoe (who did animation in the opening number)
Wayne Brady.

Get to know them packages, get 10 seconds each.

06-25-13, 08:13 PM (EST)
3. "Mariah and Carlos"
Jason Gilkison's Jive

Get It Right
Fantasia

Mary- Super Sonic Speed, that was fast. You coped, you got through it, it was labored. Mariah feet turning in, good way to start the night off. Good job.

Wayne- Entertainment viewpoint it was great. Did look a bit frantic, needed to have more fun. You are so gifted. You are great. Mariah, awesome, 1960's bombshell.

Nigel. Debbie Harry look nonstop were lacking in the style, if the public are voting on energy and performance you are safe.

So that means they are doomed?

06-25-13, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Mariah and Carlos"
Yeah, just didn't grab me.
I do have to give it to Mariah for being a quick-jivin' fembot, though.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-13, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Mariah and Carlos"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-13 AT 02:27 AM (EST)

No chemistry between the two. I thought Carlos was incredibly talented and more in control than Mariah was.

But, I got sidetracked when I switched to PBS during commercials by the story of Henry Ford on American Masters. Didn't come back. From what I'm reading, the rest of the show was better. Still enjoyed the Henry Ford story, though.

06-27-13, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Mariah and Carlos"
It didn't FEEL fast to me, and I think the reason why is that there wasn't much JIVE in it. Or, rather, there were lots of little, 2- to 6- measure chunks of Jive split up by other stuff. So, not the best dancers nor the best choreography of the night.

06-25-13, 08:23 PM (EST)
4. "Jasmine M and Alan"
Travis Wall, contemporary, Love is Blind.

Can't Help Falling In Love
Ingrid Michaelson

Some of those blind leaps and falls at the end were scary.

Wayne. Beautiful from the get go. Never worried about you. even with the blindfolds, you were in such control. You always had each other. Trust Drop, beautiful, you are amazing.

Nigel. Never danced, asked to be in love and then Travis makes it twice as hard. Danced it very well indeed. Don't always see emotion, but did from you Jasmine.

Mary. You danced this beautifully, the quality of your work Jasmine, Alan she did have trust in you. The chemistry there is a connection. The lead and following, congratulations to both of you.

06-25-13, 11:24 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Jasmine M and Alan"

That was pretty darned passionate and hot. The chemistry was amazing.

06-27-13, 01:33 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Jasmine M and Alan"
OK, that was incredible. I'm sure they could see through the blindfolds, though maybe not quite as well as without them, but I don't care. That was awesome. Amazing choreo, danced well. Possibly best dance of the night!

06-25-13, 08:35 PM (EST)
5. "Malece and Jade"
Travis Wall Jazz Routine.

Moviestars just getting their reviews from their movie that just came out.

Silver Screen
Felix da Housecat

Nigel. Saw this in the dress run, you danced it poorly, my god you've changed it this evening, fantastic this evening. Don't now what you've done. Malece you were striking in that. Jade you've never partnered anyone, you were strong you were there and you were behind her and supporting her.

Wayne. Jade--so you think you can pimp. You both were great. You were amazing (and saw it in the dress run, too). Jade your lines are really important, you have to step that up. Malece you were beautiful.

Mary. Jade when you got it you've got it. Confidence in doing this routine way outside your style, not shy about anything. Malece, you got in touch with your diva.

06-25-13, 11:36 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Malece and Jade"
hmmn.....Long form voguing.
I dunno.
I still like both of them but so far that might be my least fav number of the night.
I love Travis but that was just a weird and gruesome ending.

06-27-13, 01:37 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Malece and Jade"
Putting this after the Blind/Love dance was not kind. I wonder if Travis spent more time on the other dance. The plot didn't come through at all, even having heard it explained in the pre-crap.

Malece was, I think, the most over "scored" girl of the night. I thought Jade out danced her and played the character better that she did. The dress rehearsal must have REALLY sucked, if the judges thought this was good by comparison.

06-25-13, 08:46 PM (EST)
6. "Jenna and Tucker"
Tyce the Oreo routine.

Team Tuna??

That's All
Kevin Spacey

Mary-fun playful flirtatious. Made me happy. It was so fun, look like broadway stars, in every moment.

Wayne. Speachless, stuttering, remind me of Donald O'Conner. Jenna took it old school. Your legs and extension, picture perfect.

Nigel. Fun routine, a power couple, no question about it.

06-25-13, 11:44 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Jenna and Tucker"
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-13 AT 11:45 PM (EST)

Cute number.
Tucker has HUGE moves.
I immediately thought of Tony winning choreography after witnessing the number and lo and behold, Mary brings up Broadway.

06-27-13, 01:39 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Jenna and Tucker"
This dance wasn't helped by the props, but it was still better than the previous dance with Malice (I may start calling her that).

06-25-13, 08:58 PM (EST)
7. "Brittany and BluPrint"
Sean Cheesman Afro Jazz Routine.

Drumming Circle
Professor Trance

They looked mismatched to me.

Cat has Wayne all cracked up.

Wayne-BluPrint carrying on the fine tradition, you are just a, and you go I'm all this. Who knew. Brittany so strong. I didn't expect you to have the motherland in you.

Nigel. you looked at home in the jungle. BluPrint that is possibly one of the best routines a non-trained dancer do. It isn't your ethnicity, this is something really special. There isn't any nerves in your body, amazing. Really proud of you.

Mary. Thought it would be a train wreck, but it is on the train.How loose your neck and back was. Amazing to watch you grow in this way.

06-25-13, 11:55 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Brittany and BluPrint"
Monster A+ for effort and chemistry. There were a couple really cool moves in there and their timing was right on.
However when they were doing their own thing the routine fell to pieces. Great partnership. Bad individually.

06-27-13, 01:44 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Brittany and BluPrint"
That was pretty good. I was surprised how well Blueprint did with the choreography. There was only one time when I really SAW him THINKING about what comes next. Brittany was gorgeous. That genre is still a bit of a mystery to most of the audience (myself included), so I think that's a disadvantage. I hope that doesn't cost them votes.

06-25-13, 09:11 PM (EST)
8. "Alexis and Nico"
Pimping National Dance Day.

Funny or Die video as well.

Christopher Scott Hip Hop, goofy and fun.

Last Time
Labrinth Katy Perry Remix.

Nigel. Alexis stunning tapper, favorite performer, Nico never thought this format would catch you both out. I don't think you felt that routine. Just accepted you don't do swag. Wasn't right on you. Didn't work for me. Find a way to adapt as you are both great dancers.

Mary. It was pleasant hop, didn't sit right. Tutting wasn't squared off. was well synchonized, wasn't sitting down in those pockets.

Wayne. Good job, learn to adapt, and don't fall back on what is comfortable.

06-26-13, 00:09 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Alexis and Nico"
Sloppy Tutting. Not very shwaggy. I like Nico too. shoot.

06-27-13, 01:48 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Alexis and Nico"
Alexis blew Nico out of the water. Should have put her with Jade and stuck Malice and Nic together as the two weakest links. It would be a shame if they voted out either pair based on the bad partner (LIKE USUAL).

06-25-13, 09:21 PM (EST)
9. "Makenzie and Paul"
Jason Gilkinson Viennese Waltz.

I'm With You
Avril Levine.

Mary- Romantic, fairy tale movement, couldn't have been easy in court shoes. Did a gorgeous job Paul your first time, I would have never known. Seemed at ease, first lift was floating on air.

Wayne, should be on a wedding cake. Grace belies the strength to make everything look so fluid.

Nigel. Most romantic, this was very modern. Roman Holiday, it was beautiful, rise and fall beautiful.

06-26-13, 00:23 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Makenzie and Paul"
Getting a Vietnamese waltz usually is a kiss of death for a first episode but that was beautiful.
Eh on their technicality (postures weren't high enough) but it was fun to watch. Mycket Romantiskt!

06-27-13, 01:50 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Makenzie and Paul"
Lovely. Looked easy and natural and beautiful. One of the better dances of the night, even if it was a waltz!

06-25-13, 09:33 PM (EST)
10. "Jasmine H and Aaron"
Sonya Tayeh Jazz routine.

Two tallest competitors.

Bottom Of the River
Delta Rae

Wayne-Creepy Old man warning. Jasmine where were you when I was 20. So strong. Lil C impression. Aaron, I think I know your Daddy, you dance like your father sings. To move like that as a big dude, you are a sexy cat.

Nigel. So happy to see you on this program. Jasmine, your legs go on forever and then some. They were put to good use. Another power couple.

Mary, with your legs Jasmin dang got some legs. The intensity of how you move the technique is incredible. Aaron. you are more than just a tap dancer.

06-26-13, 00:33 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Jasmine H and Aaron"
Wow!
Jasmine's ummm extensions are ... wow.
She spent nearly half of that routine with her legs in splits. Splits in the air, splits sideways, splits over Aaron's head, splits on the floor, splits behind Aarons back, flipping splits around the area, aerial splits into half split kicks.
Aaron rocked it too.

06-27-13, 01:53 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Jasmine H and Aaron"
Dear Costume Department: The pants you gave Aaron "work" for HipHop and maybe even AfroJazz. Not so much for regular Jazz. Don't do that ever again. Couldn't see what he was doing with his legs most of the time.

Choreography: Where was the dance? It was just a bunch of lifts and tricks.

Jasmine looked great, but the dance wasn't good.

06-25-13, 09:45 PM (EST)
11. "Hayley and Curtis"
Chris Scott Hip Hop.

Go
Delilah

Didn't work for me, but could be the headache talking.

Nigel-that is the attitude I wanted them to have. You were both tremendous, swag what you need to have.

Mary. So much stage presence. Amazing. You are a vixen. Tore up that stage. Curtis right in there.

Wayne- Curtis I remember being at your audition. I feel like I saw you grow up. If you are going to dance with women you gotta keep up.

06-26-13, 00:44 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Hayley and Curtis"
That should have been hella hotter.
awkward prop work and strange chemistry.

Nigel is wrong. Mary is wrong. Good dancing, bad everything else.

06-27-13, 01:57 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Hayley and Curtis"
Could have been worse, but the end didn't work for me. She walked away too quickly, and I hadn't noticed him set down the briefcase at the beginning, so I was really confused when she grabbed it. They did have more swag than Nico.

06-25-13, 09:55 PM (EST)
12. "Amy and Fik-Shun"
Sonya Tayeh contemporary routine.

He is her problems.

Elsa
The Valerie Project

Jidges on their feet.

Mary. Holy smokes you are on fire (sonya) Amy one of the best dancers. Fik shun, what is it like to do what you just did and I thought you weren't strong enough in your own style.

He says he was 100% committed.

Wayne when I want people to see my serious side I take my cloths off and dance with white girl too. I thought this was what you did.

Nigel. Amy is a beast. Control is ridiculous. Fik Shun who are you.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-13, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Amy and Fik-Shun"
Amy is a beast, but after watching all the episodes thus far this season I am still not sure I have actually seen her eyes!

I am not surprised at all that Amy and Fik-Shun - two producer favs - got the first pimp spot.

06-26-13, 00:55 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Amy and Fik-Shun"
Chemistry? Check.
Musicality? Check.
Technicality? Yup, Check.
Believability? Check.
Who were these two? Amy and Fik-Shun and don't you forget it.
If I were to critique I would say they both appear a little immature, however I didn't notice it during the dance, so what do I know.

06-27-13, 02:02 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Amy and Fik-Shun"
Looked great. I don't think it challenged Fikshun much. It was slow, and there wasn't as much content for him as there was for some of the earlier men. But, the dance itself was great. Amy was amazing, and if Fik handles more challenging choreo as well as he did that, I'll be REALLY impressed. (Also, nice bod!)

06-26-13, 01:08 AM (EST)
25. "RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Twenty"
Overall, not a bad night.
Judging was a bit candy coated but there were a great number of enjoyable acts.
My top 3 were...
Jasmine M and Alan
Makenzie and Paul
Jasmine H and Aaron

and my bottom 3 were...
Hayley and Curtis
Alexis and Nico
Mariah and Carlos

I hope Nico makes it through, I'd hate to lose him so soon.

06-27-13, 02:15 PM (EST)
38. "Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-13 AT 02:15 PM (EST)

Based solely on my impressions from Tuesday night.

BEST
#1: Puttin' on the Ritz group number. <3
#2: Jasmine M and Alan (Blind Love)
#3: Makenzie and Paul (Waltz)
#4: Amy and Fik-Shun (Contemp)

MIDDLE of the PACK
#5: Brittany and BluPrint (Afro-Jazz)
#6: Hayley and Curtis (Hip Hop)
#7: Jenna and Tucker (Laundry)

NOT GREAT
#8: Mariah and Carlos (Jive)
#9: Jasmine H and Aaron (Jazz)
#10: Malece and Jade (Silver Screen)
#Last: Alexis and Nico (HipHop)

06-27-13, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Twenty"
Have only had a chance to watch the first 5 dances so far but it seems to me that Amy, Jenna, Malece and Jasmine H were promoted heavily so I can't see them going soon. Wasn't Amy the one they called 'the Truth?' But I thought that Alexis and Nico were part of their top 10 too based on the reaction from their audition.

I can see Curtis or Carlos leaving. I think they'd give Mariah a chance to do something closer to her style so it could mean that Hayley's at risk.

07-02-13, 05:38 PM (EST)
41. "RE: SYTYCD-10 Top Twenty"
After finally watching the remainder, I thought about the same as you. Just swap out Mackenzie and Paul and put it either the Afro-Jazz routine or Fik-shun and Amy's and it's what I've got.

We'll see who goes tonight. I'd rather have Carlos or Curtis and Hayley go. I'd like to see Alexis and Mariah last another week.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •