The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/Results ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-12, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/Results ECST"
*taps mic* Is this thing on? Will anyone else remember this starts back up after the Olympics.

I think we are at 14 left, still one night a week with eliminations at the end, if I remember that right.

Well at least maybe the British accents will help with the Olympics hangover.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Who glued little felt bits Snidget 08-15-12 1
   RE: Who glued little felt bits byoffer 08-15-12 9
   Mia Michaels Group Routine djandy 08-15-12 10
 Eliana and Cyrus Snidget 08-15-12 2
   RE: Eliana and Cyrus Snidget 08-15-12 3
       RE: Eliana and Cyrus byoffer 08-15-12 11
   RE: Eliana and Cyrus djandy 08-15-12 12
 Tiffany and George Snidget 08-15-12 4
   RE: Tiffany and George Snidget 08-15-12 5
   RE: Tiffany and George djandy 08-15-12 14
   RE: Tiffany and George byoffer 08-15-12 15
 Amelia and Will Snidget 08-15-12 6
   RE: Amelia and Will Snidget 08-15-12 7
   RE: Amelia and Will byoffer 08-15-12 18
   RE: Amelia and Will djandy 08-15-12 25
 Janelle and Dareian Snidget 08-15-12 8
   RE: Janelle and Dareian Snidget 08-15-12 13
   RE: Janelle and Dareian byoffer 08-15-12 20
   RE: Janelle and Dareian djandy 08-15-12 22
 Audrey and Matthew Snidget 08-15-12 16
   RE: Audrey and Matthew Snidget 08-15-12 17
   RE: Audrey and Matthew byoffer 08-15-12 23
       RE: Audrey and Matthew byoffer 08-15-12 26
   RE: Audrey and Matthew djandy 08-15-12 31
 Witney and Chehon Snidget 08-15-12 19
   RE: Witney and Chehon Snidget 08-15-12 21
   RE: Witney and Chehon byoffer 08-15-12 28
   RE: Witney and Chehon djandy 08-15-12 32
 Lindsay and Cole Snidget 08-15-12 24
   RE: Lindsay and Cole Snidget 08-15-12 27
   RE: Lindsay and Cole djandy 08-15-12 34
       RE: Lindsay and Cole byoffer 08-15-12 36
 Results Snidget 08-15-12 29
   RE: Results Snidget 08-15-12 30
   RE: Results Snidget 08-15-12 33
   RE: Results byoffer 08-15-12 37
 Saving... Snidget 08-15-12 35
   RE: Saving... byoffer 08-15-12 38
   RE: Saving... djandy 08-15-12 39
 All-Stars! djandy 08-15-12 40
 RE: SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/... qwertypie 08-17-12 41
   RE: SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/... JessicaRN 08-17-12 42
       RE: SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/... Snidget 08-17-12 43
       Iconic performances djandy 08-17-12 44
       RE: SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/... udg 08-18-12 45
       RE: SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/... byoffer 08-20-12 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-15-12, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Who glued little felt bits"
All over Cat?

Top 14 dancing us in.

Or are those feathers? There are some sequins as well.

Whole show dedicated to one choreographer. Mia Michaels. All classic Mia routines from previous routines.

On top of that, reveal the top 10. Only saving one out of the bottom three.

Top 10 on the tour.

Jidges.

Nigel.
Mary
Debuting. Micheal and Billy, the Ballet Boys.

SYTYCD app, NappyTabs were busy. London Riley was born.

New Mia Michaels Group Routine.

Hanging On
Active Child

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-12, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who glued little felt bits"
what a wild opening routine. I liked that!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Mia Michaels Group Routine"
That group routine with the ropes really highlighted Eliana, who is probably used to using ropes in the Circus. I enjoyed it.

08-15-12, 08:16 PM (EST)
2. "Eliana and Cyrus"
Most inspiring moment from previous seasons.

Cyrus. Bryan, the small robot boy, now Cyrus' roommate.
Eliana, the Wade Robeson Peace Solo each of the ten did.

Katie and Twitch's Door Dance.

Mercy
Duffy

08-15-12, 08:22 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Eliana and Cyrus"
Cyrus is no Twitch, Eliana did a good job but it would be much better with a better partner.

The audience will not shut up.

Nigel. Be difficult to disassociate from the original people. Dancer bring something of themselves. Two hip hop guys, Cyrus you were really twitching when you got to that door, adding something to it. You need to lower your shoulders, very tight. Eliana was so strong in this relationship, in real life she would kick you out. You really show us you can be great in creating these characters and keep the technique, you could have beaten him up.

Mary. I thought it was great. Such a simple prop. Eliana you were swaggeroucious. So believable, the energy, style and technique. Cyrus brought your own kind of thing. That smile at one point prices.

Michael. Never seen any of you, or this choreography before. I thought both strong performers. Eliana will have had me begging for mercy. Loved the way you used the props.

Billy. Love genres that shouldn't work that does work. I'm excited for tonight.

08-15-12, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Eliana and Cyrus"
She's great, but I hated the Amy Winehouse look. That distracted me.

Not as good as Twitch and Katee, but the second time is never as good as the first, right?

08-15-12, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Eliana and Cyrus"
Other than Cyrus' twitching up the door, he was no "Twitch". Eliana is being held back by Cyrus. At least next week she'll be with another partner, one way or another.

08-15-12, 08:33 PM (EST)
4. "Tiffany and George"
Dance Day Videos.

George. Ramalama by Wade Robeson.

Tiffany. Ellen's duet with Twitch in the finale.

Hometown Glory, Katie and Joshua. The running step, assisted run.

Hometown Glory
Adele.

08-15-12, 08:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Tiffany and George"
Mary--They murdered this routine. Be careful of overperforming, George you elevated this role.

Michael. Very different from the first number, match up. Emotionally you try so hard, he stops having to partner you. Watching two solos rather than a duet.

Nigel. Don't think we have seen the best of George, yet, but maybe tonight we did. Didn't let me down. Maybe a little two much, over egged the pudding. Much prefer that way. Excellent job.

08-15-12, 09:04 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Tiffany and George"
Tiffany is no Katee, but then nobody is. Tiffany did a line of leaps instead of an assisted run. George did a good job. It's hard not to compare them (unfavorably) to the original dancers.

08-15-12, 09:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Tiffany and George"
sorry, that was good but they blew the signature assisted run (or the camera blew it) and that killed it for me.

08-15-12, 08:44 PM (EST)
6. "Amelia and Will"
Will. Nigel kidnapped in the top 20 group dance.
Amelia. Total Eclipse of the Heart, jump into arms.

The Butt Dance.

They might have to pad her butt.

Koop Island Blues
KOOP

08-15-12, 08:50 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Amelia and Will"
So far, I am not impressed, not a good way to get me back in the swing of thing.

Nigel. Tough to critique, remember the original, Randy's Butt on my mind. Never guess this was the same choreographer.

Nigel says the opening was the 50 shades of grey routine. Mia seemed horrified.

Nigel, could have brought more character. Danced it well, just required more than dancing. Especially when so much for the original dancers. Will was trying to bring something else. It was OK.

Mary. I liked it. I did feel a little over the top and big. Was he believable, he was entranced by her bum. Amelia exquisite to watch dance, playing coy but need to look at the audience a bit. I loved seeing the two of you.

Billy. Hint of criticism. Had nothing to compare it to. In character, places a little subtlety wouldn't' go amiss.

08-15-12, 09:14 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Amelia and Will"
I expected to dislike this, because Amelia is not Randy, and I loved Evan from the original. Amelia is still not Randy, but I thought she did okay, and I actually thought Will did great.

08-15-12, 09:30 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Amelia and Will"
Amelia didn't have the off centered butt action like Randy did. I enjoyed Will's overreactions.

8. "Janelle and Dareian"
Janelle...Chelsea and Mark Bleeding Love.
Dareian. Kent and Neil's dance by Travis.

Bed routine. Kerrington and Twitch.

Dreaming With A Broken Heart
John Mayer.

08-15-12, 08:59 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Janelle and Dareian"
Michael. Heard about it. Worried about the line with his feet, everything is there. Young Lady. I found myself looking at your hair rather than the choreography. Still both great performers.

Billy, whoever this Titch guy is, had some great movement

Nigel. Tell a story in 1 minute 30. Dareian first time got personality, almost a solo piece. Not given a great deal to do. Without shaking your hips you don't stand out. Dareian, added th little spin on the bed, better technique than Twitch.

Mary. What they brought was raw emotion, but this time the hair, overacting. So much emotion in Dareien, like off a trampoline, tremendous, if you could ever fix those feet.

08-15-12, 09:20 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Janelle and Dareian"
that was awesome. Dareian is a better dancer for that sort of thing that Twitch. Loved his part. Janelle truly showed her emotion. I really enjoyed that.

08-15-12, 09:22 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Janelle and Dareian"
Did like Dareian's leap off the bed and his twist. Janelle was pretty boring.

08-15-12, 09:07 PM (EST)
16. "Audrey and Matthew"
Audrey, season one Disco Nick and Melody.
Matthew, Mandy's 80 Jazz routine.

Lacey and Neil..Time Mia's Dad piece.

Time
Billy Porter

08-15-12, 09:12 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Audrey and Matthew"
Mary. First time I couldn't talk, still having a hard time. Neil and Lacey brought a dignity to it. I have to say Matthew I didn't feel the passion and truth, fabulous dancer, Audrey a shinging star.

Billy. So much pressure Audry nailed that pirouette. Matthew, in your performance. and you have to catch her, and it drops. Have to disguise the effort.

Nigel. Asking about Mia's Dad. He was a song and dance man, Neil had a little bit of that, you needed to bring fun in. Too focused on the dance steps. Didn't come across, both lovely dancer, more than just dancing now.

08-15-12, 09:27 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Audrey and Matthew"
I didn't see that routine in the past. It felt a little clumsy. The tossing of the flower was off, and then when he was to cover her eyes at one point it seemed more like he was clubbing her. Not great for me.

08-15-12, 09:31 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Audrey and Matthew"
Despite what I said above, Nigel was harsh quizzing them on Mia's past. I understand what he was trying to get at (understand your role) but he could have done this without putting them on the spot on national TV. IMO he was setting them up to cut them.

08-15-12, 09:37 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Audrey and Matthew"
Too much concentration on not slipping on the props, and not enough emotion.

08-15-12, 09:16 PM (EST)
19. "Witney and Chehon"
Whitney, Melanie's audition.
Witney. Travis' fake audition

Bench routine. Heidi and Travis.

First time Chehon saw this show was this dance on you tube.

Calling You
Celine Dion

08-15-12, 09:21 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Witney and Chehon"
Nigel. Pleased with this, technique showed as well as the story. This is not about dancing, about story telling. Passionate as well, favorite routines as all time.

Mary. Hypnotic, entranced, you pulled it off. Chehon your center's the best. Let go just a little bit more. Everything is so controlled, but let it go a little bit more. Witney, remarkable, fearless when you took this jump.

Michael. Witney, you are a Salt Lake Girl, you are great, great studio on every corner. Chehon you always have a job with us.

08-15-12, 09:33 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Witney and Chehon"
Chehon was awesome! Whitney was a bit invisible to me.

08-15-12, 09:40 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Witney and Chehon"
I thought they were both great in the most famous SYTYCD routine of all time. Since every other routine tonight has compared unfavorably to the original, that's saying a lot.

08-15-12, 09:27 PM (EST)
24. "Lindsay and Cole"
Cole--Marc, same dance studion in Hawaii.
Lindsay--Tranji Hip Hop routine.

Addiction piece. Kayla and Kapono.

Gravity
Sara Barellis.

08-15-12, 09:32 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Lindsay and Cole"
I think that was the only one of the night that did it for me.

Billy. Very impressed, don't have particular genres could not have told you. Versitilty is so important and you have it in bucket loads.

Mary. Mia's best routine. Loved you the best tonight. Cole, quirky and it worked for you. Loved every second. Lindsay, my God was she good tonight. You are just fantastic.

Nigel. A little disappointing, choreography and you have to take the part, gotta go in. Makes sense to test you and you two came out on top. Cole, there was something psychotically mental, unemotional and destructive, quite chilling.

08-15-12, 09:52 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Lindsay and Cole"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-12 AT 10:35 PM (EST)

Better than the original! Cole's jerky movements and intense expressions were very dramatic, and Lindsay did great too. The two Ballroom girls really did great Contemporary tonight.

08-15-12, 09:55 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Lindsay and Cole"
Cole is a freak, and in a good way. I really enjoyed that!!

08-15-12, 09:36 PM (EST)
29. "Results"
Eliana and Cyrus.

Eliana you are safe
Cyrus you are safe too.

Tiffany and George

Tiffany you are in the top 10
George you are in danger.

Amelia and Will

Will you are in the top 10
Amelia you are in danger.

Janelle and Dareian

Janelle you are not safe
Dareian you are in danger two.

Looking for one more guy and one more girl.

Audrey and Matthew

Find out after

Witney and Chehon

Find out after

Lindsay and Cole

The final two dancers in danger are.

Matthew and Lindsay.

08-15-12, 09:36 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Results"
Everyone does a solo after the break.

08-15-12, 09:48 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Results"
Solos

Amelia
Falling Slowly

Janelle
Inta Omri

Lindsay
Hip Hip Chin Chin

George
So Long Lonesome

Dareian
It's a Mans Mans World

Matthew
Delicate

For me, Amelia and Dareian won the solos.

08-15-12, 09:58 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Results"
Without looking below:
Girls
- I hope Amelia goes
- Close between Janelle and Lindsay. I prefer Lindsay, but not sure he solo was great.
Guys
- Dareian has to be the keeper!!

08-15-12, 09:55 PM (EST)
35. "Saving..."
Girls...Lindsay.

Guys...So tough. tonight will save George.

08-15-12, 10:02 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Saving..."
Well I picked one of them. Dareian was fantastic, in my books, despite the feet. I am happy about Lindsay though.

08-15-12, 10:28 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Saving..."
I am glad about Lindsay. I had both George and Matthew high up in my PTTE, so either way I was in trouble.

08-15-12, 10:41 PM (EST)
40. "All-Stars!"
Can't wait for the All Stars next week!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-12, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/Results ECST"
No matter what Nigel says, I'm just not lovin' this new format.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-17-12, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/Results ECST"
The new format is odd and as I watch the show, I kind of forget that someone will be going home that night. Then, when the last performance is done, there is a mad scurrying to get them all back on the stage. Am I wrong in thinking that this format was not Nigel's decision, but the networks?

The Ballet Boys were odd. It was probably good that to have someone there who had not seen the past performances, but it was pretty bad that they couldn't even get the names right.

I don't think the whole re-dancing of "iconic" performances really worked.

08-17-12, 07:45 PM (EST)
43. "RE: SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/Results ECST"
I'm pretty sure this was the networks idea. Although I don' think the dating shows are doing better than the results show did.

08-17-12, 11:59 PM (EST)
44. "Iconic performances"
I agree, most of the re-do's of the iconic performances were real let-downs because hardly anybody (except Cole) could live up to the beloved former dancers that the dances were tailored to. Another budget cutting move to save money on new choreography?

What's even worse than the new format is having the show off the air for 1 to 2 weeks here and there, so it's hard to remember when it will and won't be on. And I don't like having to cut 4 people at a time. It really makes drawing a bad style / choreographer that much worse. Fox has really managed to mess up the show with all its changes.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-18-12, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/Results ECST"
Nothing worked for me this week.

The format wasn't so bad for the first two weeks (at least everyone got two dances in!), but it just doesn't make sense long term.

Recycling old routines was a bad idea, too! It served only to make this season's dancers look bad by comparison.

My local Fox station kept scrolling warnings that the 15th was their last day airing on Dish unless, blah, blah, call them, blah, blah, and I wasn't even put out at the idea that I might miss SYTYCD next week.

08-20-12, 10:00 AM (EST)
46. "RE: SYTYCD #9 Top 14 Performance 2/Results ECST"
I assumed that they changed the format because of a network decision. The results shows had become a lot of filler (did that cost money to bring in that filler?). I know they cancelled tha Canadian SYTYCD because of production costs, although the ratings, as I understand, were pretty good. But I certainly agree the new format seems weird with people who are virtually eliminated from the previous week still competing again.

I thought the Ballet Boys were great. That they hadn't seen the routines before and that they didn't know the names was why they were great. They were giving very pure and excellent critique of the performances without comparing to the previous. My son (who is a dancer) really enjoyed their comments.

My son also had not seen a few of the original routines, so he was not comparing. And he really enjoyed almost all of the routines. He loved the door, the park bench, and the bed (he even had a dance on a bed last year, and knew how hard that was).

So IMO while many of us "old regulars" found some repitition this week, the show did present some amazing routines that despite the previous performances were fun to see again.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •