The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 20 Rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-16-11, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 20 Rankings"
GAH the pimping and anti pimping is awful this year. Nigel is a slug

1. Nick/Iveta--quick step Jason Gilkinson

WOOT I picked this pairing and it worked out great. Yes Iveta was leading a bit, qpie, but he did very well. I hope they get tap next week..I'm sure Iveta is one of 4 tapper gals.

Nick is my dancer bf

2. Miranda and WOO Robert- Jive Jason Gilkinson

I loved this dance and Miranda is quirky. I hope people voted for them because Nigel threw them under a PAT bus (glowie )

I love Jason

3. Jess Clarice-broadway Tyce Diorio

I loved Jess in this Clarice did well too. they danced together well and Jess/Clarice is the cute little couple!

4. Ashley Chris-Hip Hop Chris Scott

I loved this Nice fast good partnership

Oh, I am in love with Chris Scott, he's my new bf, move over MC!! How do I get to the antique shoppe?

5. Missy Wadi Jazz Sean Cheeseman

More because of Wadi, loved his flipping off box. I think he may win this thing. Missy is too harsh...I agree with you Tummy But I think she sails to top 10 with Wadi as her partner

6. Ryan and Ricky Lyrical Hip Hop Chris Scott

She bothers me but this was very well danced good moves in lyrical hip hop. My bf is so talented as a choreographer

Ryan is overpimped

7. Melanie and Marko Contemporary Travis Wall

Ok this was way way way overpimped. Standing O, meh, emmy nomination, meh. Melanie is hyperpimped and I don't like it or her. I like Marko alot though.

8. Caitlyn/Robert/Mitchell Jazz Sonia Tayeh

This was ok. I really do not like Robert. Caitlyn is a cutie, she reminds me of Lacey

9. Jordan Tadd AfroJazz Sean Cheeseman

This was just ok for me. I forgot about it by the end. They are a good couple though I like them.

10. Sasha Alexander Contemporary Travis Wall

Sasha is overpimped too and not all that. Alexander I think is the weakest dancer overall and should go tonite. I really liked the choreo and the story line though Travis is amazing. When are we getting invites to the wedding Tribey

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 20 Rankings qwertypie 06-16-11 1
 RE: Top 20 Rankings aethelstan 06-16-11 2
 RE: Top 20 Rankings tribephyl 06-16-11 3
 RE: Top 20 Rankings udg 06-17-11 4
 RE: Top 20 Rankings Belle Book 06-17-11 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-11, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 20 Rankings"
I am sure the wedding invites will be out as soon as Tribe finishes the tongue bath
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-16-11, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 20 Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 06-16-11 AT 01:46 PM (EST)

To be edited as I only saw the last 6 dances.

The worst dance for me was the Ashley Chris Hip Hop. It didn't grab me at all and I didn't think the dance was nearly as challenging as the others. Of the dances I saw, this was the one that cried 'bottom 3' to me.

Robert Woo Man. It's interesting but Nigel only said what was on my mind just 2 minutes before "He's nice but if he doesn't tone down that WOO, he's going to drive me crazy." My spouse also said that he has a lot of charisma.

Melanie. I really liked her audition but then she was completely hidden in Vegas. However, I think that in one of the first two or three dances there was an aside where Nigel said "She's the best so far" and it was pretty clear that it was about Melanie. I also kept thinking that if Alex Freakin' Wong is one of the all-stars, and it had been Alex instead of Marko, this dance would have been better still. As it was, it was one of my favourites of the evening.

I was also impressed with the two Hip Hoppers who were out of their styles: Wadi and Robert. I thought they partnered really well and I enjoyed the dances.

My top 10:
1. Miranda and Robert. I just enjoyed the feel of the piece.
2. Melanie and Marko. I think she's top 4 material. We'll see.
3. Iveta and Nick. The safest and easiest way of disposing of the quickstep ever: a 10-dance champ and a quick footed tapper. They enjoyed dancing it rather than being worried about getting all the steps right. Lots of closed position. One of the best QS all time for SYTYCD.

gap

4. Jordan and Tadd. I love African Jazz pieces and am so glad they are included. There's only so much ballroom, broadway, HH and contemporary one can take and Afro Jazz bears no resemblance to the others. Had issues with this dance. I thought Jordan forgot the steps once and they seemed slow at another point but it was fine.
5. Wadi and Missy. I didn't think that Missy was up to Wadi's level. I think Wadi's safely in the top 10 but can't say the same for Missy.
6. Caitlynn. She was fine in this but it wasn't overly memorable. Robert isn't an asset for this.
7. Sasha and Alexander. I thought based on Vegas that Sacha was top 4 material. Not so sure after this piece. Was nice but there were bits that didn't work for me.
8. Clarice and Jess. Frankly, a Tyce Broadway is as much of a dance of death as Quickstep. There's something about broadway (at least Tyce's) that automatically throws up a wall between me and the dancers and that their forced to do exaggerated, corny steps. I won't say that it wasn't danced well, it was. It's just broadway rarely leaves me feeling wow.
9. Ashley and Chris. Didn't grab me.
10. Ryan and Ricky. I really didn't understand why she had such a huge smile all the time.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-11, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 20 Rankings"
I'm trying to think of a way to split them into groups according to how well they did. My typical Great, Good, Poor won't do.
I hate to claim that any of them did poorly as they were all great and in many respects ANY of them could beat a majority of past contestants.
Alas, as compared to each other (and since this is a competition), obviously some had a special moment during their performance last night while others did not.

Amazing:
Melanie/Marko
: Mel's been a favorite of mine since auditions. Marko really really impressed me. So far, my favorite coupling.
Sasha/Alexander: Sasha is fun to watch. Alexander actually appeared on my radar screen. He's my biggest surprise.
Jordan/Tadd: They rocked it. I liked the Sonyaesque routine of Scott's.
Missy/Wadi: Hmmm...even though I wasn't a huge fan of the staging of their piece, the performances were right on. These two could be a major power couple.

Enjoyable:
Ashley/Chris
: OMG These two are cute. I don't think they have the legs to stay in the competition for long but they both impressed me with this routine.
Clarise/Jess: He bugs me a bit but I have to admit he stole the performance. Clarise could be safe for much longer than she need be due to Jess' likeability.
Iveta/Nick: This final performance was a slap in the face to the "randomness" of the dance style picks. Please, Tap and Ballroom tackling a Quickstep? I did fall for it though. Iveta rocked and Nick showed great promise. Had they both gotten Hip-Hop, I feel the results would be much different.

Lacking a little something:
Miranda/Robert
: I DO NOT like Robert. The Woo has ALREADY worn out it's welcome in the tribe household. My fear is that the wooer endears himself to the Tween-girl fanbase. Their performance certainly was fun though.
Ryan/Ricky: The dance was great and I LVOE Ryan but she was just weird during this. Ricky Rocked it.
Caitlyn/Mitchell: As much as I LVOE All-Star-Robert, specially a shirtless one *shivers with delight*, This routine left me feeling very ...un-hot. It seems a little foregone conclusion at the moment. In my opinion Mitchell should NOT go on. Perhaps an offer for a free ride to Vegas next year.

Oh and as to the wedding...
Travis and myself will most likely be eloping. It's the only way we can be together, according to our significant others.
So, perhaps a secret-destination wedding (and life)? Anyone have an acre off the beaten path and off the american mainland?

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-17-11, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 20 Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 06-17-11 AT 01:47 AM (EST)

1. Melanie/Marko (Stone) - Yes, it was pimped, but I liked it anyway.

2. Iveta/Nick (Quick Step) - Great! He totally benefited from her expertise. Work ethic for the win!

3. Sasha/Alexander (Stupid) - Great chemistry. Great timing. Well done!

4. Ashley/Chris (Forget You) - Ashley looked like a B-girl. Great!

5. Jordan/Tadd (Afro Jazz) - I don't like her at all, but they did well last night.

6. Caitlynn/Mitchell (Robert sub) - With Robert dancing, it couldn't be bad. Nothing special. We'll see how she does when Mitchell comes back.

7. Clarice/Jess (Broadway) - Middle of the pack. Didn't stand out. I think his personality is going to hurt her in the votes.

8. Ryan/Ricky - Ryan has been way over pimped, so that detracts for me. Last night, her lines were way too pretty for hiphop, and her Big Enthusiastic Grin was glaringly out of place.

9. Missy/Wadi - I like Wadi, but their timing was off most of the song. I'm going to blame it on Wadi last night.

10. Miranda/Robert (Jive) - They both seemed in over their heads. I really wanted to love it. The concept & costumes had me, but they couldn't pull it off.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-17-11, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 20 Rankings"
Here are my rankings, beginning with:

1. Sasha & Alexander, contemporary -- loved Sasha! She's so FIERCE! However, Alexander needs to improve.

2. Iveta & Nick, quickstep -- very enjoyable, and since Iveta is a ballroom expert, it wasn't the kiss of death.

3. Melanie & Marko, contemporary -- it was lovely but it just didn't move me as much as the first one did.

4. Ashley & Chris, hip-hop -- very enjoyable. However, Ashley outshone Chris -- and he was in his own genre!

5. Caitlynn & Robert, jazz -- would've been a lot worse with Mitchell, that's for sure!

6. Ryan & Ricky, lyrical hip-hop -- nice performance but Ryan's smile wasn't appropriate for the piece.

7. Clarice & Jess, Broadway -- very enjoyable but I liked the other routines more.

8. Jordan & Tadd, African jazz -- just really didn't do much for me.

9. Missy & Wadi, jazz -- very weird! Didn't like it.

10. Miranda & Robert, jive -- just okay.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •