The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mia's "apology""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

altpeach 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-09-10, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail altpeach Click to send private message to altpeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mia's "apology""
This is the second time (that I know of) she has had to apologize for remarks to a dancer she obviously is not fond of. I don't buy her "I love you, just passionate" bull. I am hoping for Mary to come back. I prefer her screaming more than Mia's obnoxious crap. Mia is a wonderful choreographer but a terrible judge. There are professional ways to critique, she does not know how to do that without getting personal. Please, Mary, come back (I can't believe I am typing that request) and Mia just choreograph. Just my opinion.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mia's "apology" DoodleBug 07-09-10 1
 RE: Mia's "apology" DrKegel 07-09-10 2
 RE: Mia's "apology" iltarion 07-09-10 3
   RE: Mia's "apology" LFJ 07-09-10 4
   RE: Mia's "apology" dragonflies 07-13-10 11
       RE: Mia's "apology" Nume 07-13-10 12
           RE: Mia's "apology" finallytyping 07-13-10 13
 RE: Mia's "apology" DrKegel 07-09-10 5
   RE: Mia's "apology" iltarion 07-10-10 6
 RE: Mia's "apology" EmmaHead 07-10-10 7
   RE: Mia's "apology" Sagebrush Dan 07-11-10 9
 RE: Mia's "apology" djandy 07-10-10 8
 RE: Mia's "apology" Youngblood 07-12-10 10
   RE: Mia's "apology" Sagebrush Dan 07-14-10 14
       RE: Mia's "apology" vicky100 07-14-10 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-09-10, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mia's "apology""
I wish they had a guest judge. I'm ok with Adam, and Nigel really isn't going anywhere. I do kind of miss the hot tamale train, I must admit.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-09-10, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mia's "apology""
LAST EDITED ON 07-09-10 AT 02:37 PM (EST)

I don't buy it either.

Mia is a bull moose, fat witch. And what the heck did she do with her face - and that make-up!!! She's going for something she's never going to be!

She is a talented choreographer. That's it! Where she gets off slamming people like she does - I have no idea. And what people she's watching - I have no idea. Half her comments are delusional and have nothing to do with what actually happened on stage!

Mia should get over herself. I'm not sure I want Mary back, but there's got to be someone out there that has the credentials, pedigree and the temperament to sit there and fairly judge dancers that are dancing their hearts out! And for what? For a fat heifer to be telling them they're no good when they are?

She's bitter, jealous and it's all about her. The fact she and Adam picked that pigeon-toed no talent tapper over Christine is an indication that her taste is non-existent!!!

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-09-10, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mia's "apology""

I have been saying from the beginning that this show needs Mary Murphy as a judge. How can you have no tickets on the hot tamale train? It is a debacle. I greatly felt her absence last night when Alex was let go. She would have had some great emotional things to say. No one was better at making the dancers feel appreciated or got more attached to the dancers than her.

I saw no reason for Mia to apologize. I'm guessing it was because she said Adechike's Bollywood looked "African." In this PC world, that was probably enough to draw criticism. Ironic because as the dance was happening, I told my wife it looked more like an African tribal dance than Bollywood.

In my opinion, the judges need to be more critical, not less. They are giving out far too many passes because they "love" people.

>

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-09-10, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mia's "apology""
Amen to that.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-10, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mia's "apology""
I think the part she should have apologized for was the part where she said she so missed Alex, basically writting Adechike off as a non entity. I agree that it was more African than Indian, and that he didn't do a great job. But there are better ways, more constructive ways, of criticizing than slamming him personally. Her critique didn't give much for him to learn from.

I agree there needs to be more constructive critism.

Nume 109 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-10, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Mia's "apology""
I think when she said that though she was saying she wanted to see what that dance looked like originally with bot Adecheke and Alex, because with that other girl it just wasnt the same. With both it probably would have looked much more exciting, and both would have looked better, not just Alex. If anything I thought while watching it that she was saying its too bad for Adecheke that he had to perform with a new person at the last second because it wasnt as good as it could have been if it would have gone as planned.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-10, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Mia's "apology""
I also think Adecheke was a bit spooked from Alex's injury, which happened at the last second on the final rehearsal. Adecheke had a look on his face of fear right before he began the big jumps at the end. I'm sure the routine would have been better had they both been there, relaxed and showing off. That is in no way Adecheke's fault, though I guess a weathered professional would be able to block the fear and relax.

I'm not too fond of Mia this season, and it seems her Jokeresque visage makes her comments sound quite a bit more evil...

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-10, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mia's "apology""

I saw no reason for Mia to apologize. I'm guessing it was because she said Adechike's Bollywood looked "African." In this PC world, that was probably enough to draw criticism. Ironic because as the dance was happening, I told my wife it looked more like an African tribal dance than Bollywood.
unquote
----------

I didn't see the dance nor her comment so ... don't know.

All I do know is that I've heard her stupid remarks all during the season! And they're all inaccurate, vindictive and laced with arsenic! It's why I turned off the show and didn't see the dance - it's because I can only stand so much.

=================

In my opinion, the judges need to be more critical, not less. They are giving out far too many passes because they "love" people.
unquote
----------

I think they need to be fair. They give some people passes while not dumping on people that need dumping on. I don't think anybody's pointed out that Robert DROPPED his freakin' partner on her butt during the Ken and Barbie routine!!! The only thing said? A veiled comment from Mia about working more cleanly! And Nigel had his speech prepared and after this sloppy partnering actually gave the speech anyway! It was the one about how he didn't understand why Robert kept being put in the bottom and that the viewing public was delusional!!!

Is he nuts? He said that AFTER Robert dropped his partner? Rule number one: PROTECT YOUR PARTNER!!! Just a week or so ago the judges reamed somebody out about not protecting his partner, and he didn't even drop her! But Robert? The SCRIPT was written to indicate the public not vote him out so that's what they did. Follow the script and not say what the routine was about.

I wish somebody writing this script for SYTYCD would just come forward and confirm that they have the winner in mind and just trash people as needed to get them off and not give the winner too much competition.

Think that example proves your point about them not criticizing when they should!

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-10-10, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mia's "apology""

Exactly...

The "judges" don't seem interested in doing much judging this season.

They seem more interested in being defensive about the dancers, the choreographers, and the format.

Format was good for the first week when we got to see some old faves again. Since then, it got old fast. Let the contestants dance with each other. Chemistry was always part of this show. They amputated it.

I ranted about Robert in the rankings list. He failed to properly partner with Kathryn twice. Any amateur could see it. Yet, the "judges" had nothing but praise for Robert, like they didn't even watch the routine. Maybe Robert is a great guy who really works hard, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he just stunk on national TV. If I had paid to watch his performance, I would have wanted my money back. Completely unprofessional.

>

EmmaHead 161 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-10, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EmmaHead Click to send private message to EmmaHead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Mia's "apology""
I greatly prefer the show without having to listen to Mary's screaming. I had to mute it every time she talked to prevent my ears from bleeding. I don't have a problem with Mia's critique's but have definitely noticed the bias on the part of ALL the judges this year. I don't think they are judging very fairly this season.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-10, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Mia's "apology""
Agree about Mary. I had the mute button at my fingertips lest she open her yap.
I prefer rotating judges, just keep Mary away from a mike.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-10-10, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mia's "apology""
This is why I prefer the rotating judges. It gives the judges a greater chance of giving an honest critique, and a lesser chance of pimping their favorites. I would love to hear the views of some of these newer choreographers. I'd make all 3 judges rotating if it were up to me, because pervy Nigel is back with his inappropriate comments about 18 year old Lauren.

Youngblood 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-12-10, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Youngblood Click to send private message to Youngblood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mia's "apology""
I totally agree about Mia. She is mean spirited and doesn't even pretend to hide it when she dislikes a dancer - and, by the way, where IS Mary? At least she's a good judge. Will Mia be there the whole season?

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-10, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Mia's "apology""
Mary is supposed to be choreographing this season. Haven't seen her work, though.

vicky100 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-14-10, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vicky100 Click to send private message to vicky100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Mia's "apology""
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-10 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-14-10 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

I am getting so annoyed with Mia and her tearing down dancers. I am not seeing the need to rip these guys/gals apart. Yeah it is a tough business, sure, but they are not auditioning for anything, they are competing for our votes. Oh yeah what do they win anyway besides $$$$$.
In regards to Mia..I do love her choreography and I think that is where her "tough love" should come in.Rip them apart in practice where her "tough love" may improve their performance..I dont know, I think she is a bit full of herself!
If you have to take back what you said, Mia, then it shouldnt be said to begin with and you really need to think about what your saying.. Ripping them apart/apologizing next night..well, It just makes you look even more catty and one begins to not take your opinions (for what they are worth) seriously.
I say, bring back Mary..yeah she is loud, yeah it is annoying at times, but I do not recall her ever having to apologize on air for what she said in her critique, I have heard her say, last week I said.......... but this week you proved me wrong. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! <train arm pump)
Speaking of Mary, I didnt know why she wasnt a judge..I would love to see what she comes up with..I hope they dont wait to long for her to show us what she can do with her choreography!
I am so sorry that Alex is gone though..
I cant wait for tonight!!!
Vicky

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •