The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank 'em Top 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-24-10, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank 'em Top 10"
1. Lauren and Dominic Tessandra Chavez Lyrical hip hop

I usually don't like these soft hh routines but the story was so compelling and Lauren really did improve a lot from last week (isn't that weird that TPTB chosen one got this routine--no way is it a random draw imho) I watched this again Dominic was very good in this surprisingly

2. Cristina and Pasha JMG Paso Doble (sp?)

This was the best danced routine of the night but L/D routine was more compelling to me bc of the issue. I had my eyes on Cristina for most of the dance. This is her element and I hope she sticks around to do it again.

3. AdeChike and Allison Mandy Moore Contemporary

I loved this. Allison really is the best woman dancer they've ever had on the show (glowie ) AdeChike I think did well and did a lot better than last week, however, TPTB want a guy to leave tonite and it might be him, unfortunately, imho

4. Ashley and Mark Travis Jazz/Contemporary

I liked this but didn't love it. I did love the leap she made thru Mark's arms. She sort of had the Lauren vibe from last week, saying yes no matter what the jidges said and smiling. She may be in trouble in b3 but the jidges will save her. I wonder what Travis was mumbling....

The next 3 are interchangeable to me. They have absolutely no worries about even being in B3 tonite

5. Billy and Comfort Lil C Krump

I really liked this and I thought Billy did a good job for this style. I laughed and clapped all the way thru like last week with Kent's Cha Cha. I really think Billy is a tweener fave (heck he looks 12) and will be here til the finale

6. Jose and Kathryn Nakul Dev Mahajan Bollywood

Again I was laughing and clapping the whole time. Jose was so cute with the hand movements. Kathryn is beautiful and amazing..I did not give her the proper due in Season 6

7. Kent and Courtney Tyce Jazz/Real Jazz

This was good not great but Kent is my pocket boy...I want to pick him up and put him in my pocket. He has a great personality and knows how to entertain. I did appreciate the jidges' comments about not being Kent all the time in dance and losing himself. Funny how he gets the pimp spot (last week he was 2nd to last) and Courtney has gotten it 2 times in a row...omh..they are trying to push Courtney as the winner this season

8. Robert and Anya JMG Argentine Tango

I still don't know what the heck a good Argentine Tango looks like. Qpie I commisurated (sp) with you watching this. Imho, Robert should be in b3 and go instead of AdeChike if they want to sacrifice a boy this week. He did adequate and he looked very good but it was off.

9. Alex and Lauren Tyce Broadway

I don't know Fosse either but I did not like this at all meh. Is Lauren going to do nothing but Broadway? Isn't there other choreo besides Tyce to do this? Alex is in no danger of being in B3 though

10. Melinda and Ade Stacey Tookey Contemporary

EGad what was she wearing? I thought white wispy dress would have been better and Allison and AdeChike should have gotten this routine. I did not like Melinda and she looked clunky to me She should be the one to go imho

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank 'em Top 10 LFJ 06-24-10 1
 RE: Rank 'em Top 10 aethelstan 06-24-10 2
 RE: Rank 'em Top 10 DoodleBug 06-24-10 3
   RE: Rank 'em Top 10 MKitty 06-24-10 4
   RE: Rank 'em Top 10 Glow 06-24-10 6
       RE: Rank 'em Top 10 DoodleBug 06-24-10 11
           RE: Rank 'em Top 10 Glow 06-25-10 13
 RE: Rank 'em Top 10 Glow 06-24-10 5
   RE: Rank 'em Top 10 MKitty 06-24-10 8
       RE: Rank 'em Top 10 DoodleBug 06-24-10 10
           RE: Rank 'em Top 10 Glow 06-25-10 14
 RE: Rank 'em Top 10 djandy 06-24-10 7
 RE: Rank 'em Top 10 Belle Book 06-24-10 9
 For emydi qwertypie 06-24-10 12
 RE: Rank 'em Top 10 iltarion 06-26-10 15
   RE: Rank 'em Top 10 qwertypie 06-26-10 16
       RE: Rank 'em Top 10 Sagebrush Dan 06-27-10 17
           RE: Rank 'em Top 10 qwertypie 06-27-10 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-24-10, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
"I don't know Fosse either but I did not like this at all meh. Is Lauren going to do nothing but Broadway? Isn't there other choreo besides Tyce to do this? Alex is in no danger of being in B3 though"

I think this was Tyce's mistake. Fosse was a hard-drinking, chain-smaking, womanizing choreographic genius with a very distinctive style (that was why all Mia could say to describe it was SSSSSSSSSS - see All That Jazz). There wasn't much, if anything, "Fosse" going on there.

"10. Melinda and Ade Stacey Tookey Contemporary"

I wasn't wild about this either, but when are the other finalists going to tap dance?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-24-10, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
I saw the episode last night but not in the best way and I can't seem to find the dances on the net like I used to. I thought that overall they were very close in quality.

1. Cristina (Pasha). It was a good routine. Not the best pasa doble but a good one.

2. Ashley (Mark). Another good routine by Mark. oh, right, and Ashley.

3. Kent (Courtney). I liked this. I thought Kent showed a bit more maturity than last week so he's able to act it well.

4. Lauren (Dominic). This was nice. I don't think Lauren quite got to where she needed to be for the second half of the piece but it was nice.

5. Alex (Lauren). I liked this just fine. I guess I'd have to watch Fosse to see what they are talking about. It will be interesting when Alex gets either HH or Ballroom next week.

6. Robert (Anya). I thought that Robert pulled this off pretty well.

7. AdeChike (Mandy). I agree with the judges, it was dance, pause, smile, dance, smile. The steps were just fine though.

8. Melinda (Ade). Nice concept but didn't do anything for me.

9. Jose (Kathryn). I thought it was fun but I also think that they deliberately gave 'safer' dancer to the girls this week.

10. Billy (Comfort). I kept thinking that they could have changed the track, made the movements lyrical rather than hitting, that it would be a decent contemporary routine.

(SYTYCD PTTE)

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-10, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
1. Lauren/Dom - I love lyrical hip hop and this one ranked up there with Katee and Josh. Lauren made me like her again.

2. Ashley/Mark - loved their dancing and performance - so what if wasn't jazz

3. Cristina/Pasha - wonderfully danced - I found myself drawn to Cristina which is a huge compliment considering Pasha was her partner

4. Alex/Lauren - for technique, performance was lacking but so was the choreography

5. Kent/Courtney - Kent is stuffed and sitting on my shelf with a pull string so I can hear him say "cool!" all day

6. Robert/Anya - I thought he did a pretty good job, shouldn't have done that fake throw up thing at the end though (weird)

7. Adechike/Allison - Adechike was barely a glimmer next to Allison's brilliant glow

8. Billy/Comfort - wrong on so many levels but I'm sure he'll be safe.

9. Jose/Kathryn - I thought he had some good moments, but something about his bothers me

10. Melinda/Ade - I found a clip of this online since the storm was blowing through and I missed it live - I didn't really miss anything, did I?

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-24-10, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
yeah, what the heck was the fake throw up thing that Robert did? Dude, if you want people to vote for you you cannot come across as a: weird, b: arrogant, c: pathetic., etc.. He was definately doing the "weird" thing .

My ranked Ten:
1. Alex: Still love him. Despite his lack of Fossee-ness
2. Lauren: good on ya girl for not being too smiley
3. Christna: smoking hot..but it is her style afterall (isn't it?)
4. Ashely - had a hard time noticing her because of , pant, Mark, but I think she did a great job.
5. Jose - love him., love him, love him. I hope he can step it up technically as I just love his personality
6. Billy - love him too, and recognize that this was way beyond his comfort zone.
7. Kent: Love my farmboy...so hopefully he can develop more into a man than keeping the "aw shucks" boy forever
8. Adechike - much better dude...but still need to see some more personality
9.Robert - dude, stop being weird. You are a great dancer, don't blow it with the weird faces and all...
10. Melinda. This was just "meh" for me last night.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-10, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
10. Melinda/Ade - I found a clip of this online since the storm was blowing through and I missed it live - I didn't really miss anything, did I?

uh yeah, you did. Ade.

06-24-10, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
Can't argue with that.

Did you see I put Allison and Glow in the same sentence?

06-25-10, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
I did not pick up on that.

I thought Adechike and Allison looked stunning together.

06-24-10, 03:31 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
Can't. I liked them all quite a lot (except Jose's Bollywood) for different reasons. All I can do is this:

Top:
Cristina (Pasha)
Ashley (Mark... he's smokin' hot)
Adechike (Allison)

Middle:
Alex (Lauren)
Lauren (Dom)
Kent (Courtney)
Robert (Anya)

8. Melinda (Ade) - I was debating whether to put this with the middle pack or at the bottom and then realized I didn't like it as much as any of the ones above it. So there ya go.
9. Billy (Comfort) - I appreciated that he put so much effort into this. Like Comfort said, it was buc considering where he was coming from.
10. Jose (Kathryn)

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-24-10, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
Your comments reminded me...

I really liked the ways the "all stars" came to the defense of their newbies last night. I thought that was sweet. I also like that they can now wait with their newbie onstage rather than being sent off immediately.

Summarized by the Capn!

06-24-10, 07:16 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
ditto - I saw an interview with Nigel and he said he didn't like the all star running off after the performance so I figured this change was coming.

06-25-10, 08:46 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
I did like them standing by. I thought Dom was going to make me wish him away but he was tolerable. I'd have rather seen Twitch but evs.
Courtney was adorable about Kent's "sexiness" and Anya was as amazing and gracious as always. Loved Comfort coming to Billy's defense. I'm liking this new format more and more every week.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-24-10, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
1.) Cristina & Pasha Paso Doble - Great dance and beautiful lines. Cristina is a Salsa dancer, which does not always translate to Latin Ballroom, but she did a good job.

2.) Ashley & Mark Contemporary - It was a beautiful Contemporary, and they did awesome with what they were given. Nigel, next time you don't like choreography, speak with your Choreographer off camera (let alone referring to it multiple times on-air) and leave your gripes out of your judging of the CONTESTANT.

3.) Lauren & Dominic HH - Reminded me of the Bleeding Love HH, except Chelsie & Mark's faces were more expressive. Good job.

4.) Adechike & Allison Contemporary - Allison really is great. Adechike was a good dancer, but he needs to have facial expressions other than wooden and cheesy smile.

5.) Kent & Courtney Jazz - Cute Kent makes me smile so much I don't care if I didn't see Sexy Kent.

6.) Jose & Kathryn Bollywood - Isn't Kathryn exquisite? She is a great Pro. Jose bounced around up there and looked like he was having a good time. He'll be in trouble with more technical dances, though.

7.) Billy & Comfort Krump - I thought it was an admirable effort.

8.) Robert & Anya AT - He did look tentative during the dance, until he went OTT gross when they were interviewing him.

9.) Alex & Lauren Broadway - Bad choreography, but he also looked too balletic (is that a word?), where you could tell he was a ballet dancer trying to do Broadway.

10.) Melinda & Ade - I thought she looked awkward and very hesitant and jerky. She should be gone unless a boy gets in the bottom 3 and they keep her just to keep the numbers more even.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-24-10, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
Here are my rankings:

1. Cristina & Pasha, paso doble -- really fierce and fiery! But it was in Cristina's comfort zone.

2. Lauren & Dominic, lyrical hip-hop -- really enjoyed the performance and loved the message in it.

3. Robert & Anya, Argentine tango -- was appropriately sexy but was way behind the first two dances on my list.

4. Alex & Lauren, Broadway -- with Alexie out, Alex is my new favorite. And although he wasn't great, he wasn't bad either.

5. Jose & Kathryn, Bollywood -- I enjoyed the performance and really thought he did well in it.

6. Kent & Courtney -- pretty good but Kent isn't terribly convincing as a lady-killer.

7. Adechike & Allison -- Adechike was better this week but his performance skills still need improvement.

8. Ashley & Mark -- nice performance but it wasn't really jazz, it was more jazz/contemporary and Travis should've made it clear.

9. Melissa & Ade -- she was better than last week but that's not saying a whole lot.

10. Billy & Comfort -- this wasn't a hot mess but it wasn't great either.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-10, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "For emydi"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-10 AT 08:35 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-24-10 AT 08:24 PM (EST)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMWTG-x8LsM&feature=related

Not the clip I was looking for (I had a file of links just for this occasion, but can't find it )

The picture quality gets better towards the middle, I appreciate the lack of shirt on the man. Unfortunately, my player craps out at the last 20 secs of the piece. Piazolla is not the easiest to listen to when he is jazzy.

I'll search more for the other links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=142FjGbCZTk&feature=related this was totally improvised

And Gustavo Naveira -- it's a tango vals (waltz) but I always enjoy watching him. Again, I think this is not choreographed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eq-VPlSIiY

Last one (for now) I promise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD3urDKYZas

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-26-10, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-10 AT 01:20 AM (EST)

Not a memorable week for me.

1. Ashley (Mark)- Beautiful choreography and well-danced. Ashley is sexy and graceful with little effort. Choreography not being jazz wasn't the dancers' fault.

2. Alex (Lauren)- It wasn't Fosse. Again not the dancers' fault. But it was unique, and I liked it. Liked the outfits, thought Lauren was great, like her old self, liked about everything about it, except the judges talking about nothing.

3. Cristina (Pasha) - I have seen so many paso dobles. It was good, nothing spectacular, like most the rest.

4. Adechike (Allison) - I thought it was better than the judges did. Didn't hurt that Allison is fabulous.

5. Lauren (Dominic) - Lyrical hip hop typically isn't my thing, and this routine was no exception. I didn't get much out of it. Maybe I should see it again.

6. Jose (Kathryn) - He looked like he was faking it, not good, but I love the style and Kathryn IS a genie.

7. Kent (Courtney) - Uninspiring routine. Good dancing though.

8. Billy (Comfort) - I thought it was a great routine for krump. I thought Billy was pretty convincing, myself. Judges did not agree.

9. Robert (Anya) - Argentine Waltz is where contestants go to die. Judges thought it was good. I did not agree.

10. Melinda (Ade) - Never should have made the show. Point blank. In any style but tap, she can not keep up with the others. Made the show for looks and novelty.

>

06-26-10, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
I would be happy if they pulled Argentine tango from the line up (especially if they are not going to get real AT instructors in to teach/choreograph). They could go a long way to shut me up by just renaming it "Show Tango".

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-10, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango

*deep breath*

show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango show tango

06-27-10, 10:59 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Rank 'em Top 10"
One of the many reasons I adore you so! SMOOCH!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •