The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada Top 18"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-02-09, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada Top 18"
Mary Murphy guest judges. Overall an excellent show last night. It was obvious how they stacked the deck though as almost every couple danced in the specialty of the other partner (the partner that didn't get their style last week).

Another annoyance of the Canadian version? The product placements and advertising. But, hey, Jean-Marc has finally learned that the expression is "Give it up for ..." and not "Give it away ..." He also forgot to give the necessary shout out to the choreographer but Tre saved him.

The routines:

Melanie M & Cody - Krump (Li'l C) Cody's the hip hopper but Mel outdanced him. Melanie Mah-chine is a good nickname for her. It was a good start to the night.

Tara-Jean & Everett - Salsa (Melanie and Tony) The judges absolutely loved this. Mary put them (or at least her) on the hot tamale train. There was a part of this routine that looked awkward and we didn't like at all but the rest was good. Better than last week when many of their transitions were not fluid.

Emanuel & Kim - Theatre (Sean Chessman). This was surprisingly good. They are both good performers and she's quite strong.

Amy & Vincent - Contemporary (Blake McGrath). A good routine, performed very well. The choreo seemed to be a bit derivative stealing (inspired?) from 3 or 4 routines from the US season 5 but still a good routine.

Jayme & Daniel - Dance Hall (JaeBlaze). Another good routine. Lots of fun and energy here. This is the only pair that hasn't danced in either's style yet.

Anthony & Corynne - Paso Doble (Tony & Melanie). There was a table prop. I think it was to cover for Corinne's dancing. Anthony had a number of strong moments. He plays the part well but everything was overshadowed by a fall during a lift. Anthony recovered faster than Corinne but they lost 10 seconds or so.

Nicholas & Jenna - Hip Hop (Sho Tyme). By this time, I was able to predict the dance styles they would get. Decent routine. Judges were fairly harsh on Jenna.

Danny & Natalie - Jazz (Melissa Williams) Another quite good routine. Costume was a bit distracting but I thought they danced it well.

Austin & Melanie B - Smooth Waltz (Danny Quilliam) This was probably the worst routine of the night and in a night where the standard was high, this could be fatal. The judges were especially hard on Melanie. I did appreciate Jean Marc saying that the difference between Latin and standard ballroom is as big as the difference between hip hop and B-boy.

Bottom 3 prediction.

Austin & Melanie B.
Nicholas & Jenna
Anthony & Corinne

I think that Melanie will probably go. Austin's at risk, too, as this would be his second week in a row in the bottom 3. By contrast, Nicholas seems expendable as they have a couple of other male hip hoppers.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18 whimsey 09-02-09 1
 RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18 qwertypie 09-03-09 2
   Results aethelstan 09-03-09 3
       RE: Results MKitty 09-03-09 4
           RE: Results crs3192 09-04-09 5
               RE: Results MKitty 09-04-09 9
 RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18 qwertypie 09-04-09 6
   RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18 MKitty 09-04-09 8
 RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18 djandy 09-04-09 7
   RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18 aethelstan 09-09-09 10
       RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18 djandy 09-11-09 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

whimsey 4402 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-09, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18"
Playing catch-up on line, but I like this season so far. Will be checking in from time to time. Thanks, aethelstan, for the threads.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-09, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18"

Again, I missed the results show (at least they don't cram it with filler)

09-03-09, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Results"
These were followed immediately by the 15 best routines of SYTYCD (US) history. A little tease in anticipation of season 6.

I was completely right with the bottom 3 predictions:

Girls: Melanie B, Corynne and Jenna Lynn with Melanie going home. She was angry and said so in the show. "I think this is wrong!"

Guys: Austin, Anthony and Nicholas with Anthony going home. I guess competition is so tough that one fall is all it takes. Also, there was still another ballroom guy in the competition.

Next week: I expect to see a hip hop guy and a contemporary girl go home, just based on the numbers.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-03-09, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Results"
I was glad to see Melanie go...she seemed like such a surly beotch! I thought it was incredibly rude, not to mention ingracious, to say how "she" shouldn't have gone home...suggested it should have been one of the others. How rude! I am shocked about the bad behaviour of the last two girls that have left...all the crying and "I should have stayed" crap. Well, honey, get over it..someone had to go and you clearly sucked in your Tuesday performance!!

*Summerized by Agman*

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-04-09, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Results"
LOL Not only did her performance on Tuesday suck...but both her solos from the Wednesday nights (last week AND this week) sucked!! She was clearly the worst solo-ist of the three. She was all over the place!
Plus, her attitude was awful. I'm tired of this crap after the last two weeks have been girls who have acted like divas as they left.
Did you hear about Tatiana's E-Talk interview? She said she thought people voted by looks! Even after the judges said that if she looked up "sexy" in the dictionary, the picture would be of her!

I also find it hilarious reading comments online from their fans after they get kicked off. They all say "F--- SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE!!" or "You were the best! The judges are stupid and need their eyes checked!" These people are clearly delusional and blinded by their connection to these dancers. I hate when people can't admit that their favourite didn't dance very well.

09-04-09, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Results"
So glad you agree! I was afraid I was being harsh..so good to know that I was not the only one who thought that!!! LOL...

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-04-09, 02:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18"
Yeah, I finally saw Melanie's exit interview. Absolutely dreadful.

09-04-09, 06:06 PM (EST)
8. "RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18"
Hey you

I didn't see either Tatiana's or Mel's exit interview..but just was judging by their body language and how they handled themselves on stage after being cut. I am afraid to watch the interviews...maybe I should go on these other boards that are mentioned and put in my two-bit's worth!! LOL...

*Summerized by Agman*

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-04-09, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18"
Does anybody have any You Tube or other links for the Top 20 and newer shows? I was able to find them last year, but this year I can only find the auditions and the pick the Top 20 dancer episodes. Thanks!

09-09-09, 09:58 AM (EST)
10. "RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18"
Try here:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=mrduckbears6#play/uploads

There is a ton of stuff there. It looks like he gets an episode up one or two days after it airs.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-11-09, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SYTYCD Canada Top 18"
Thanks, aethelstan!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •