The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performance"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-08-09, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performance"
Sean Cheesman and Melissa Williams guest jidge this week. Thoughts?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performa... qwertypie 09-09-09 1
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performa... aethelstan 09-09-09 2
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performa... trigirl 09-09-09 3
       RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performa... aethelstan 09-09-09 5
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performa... MKitty 09-09-09 4
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performa... qwertypie 09-09-09 6
 Results aethelstan 09-10-09 7
   RE: Results MKitty 09-10-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-09-09, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performance"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-09 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

Well, I thought the routine where Jaime Rae "went down" on Daniel a bit much. Actually more than a bit much. I usually watch this with my daughters and I am so grateful that they missed this routine.

I was really disappointed tonight.

etf stupid homonym.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-09-09, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performance"
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=mrduckbears6#play/uploads mrduckbears6 has a ton of SYTYCD Canada on youtube. Everything from the auditions on. I didn't see week 3 up there yet, though.

Well, to start, I failed to mention in earlier weeks that the elimination night group numbers were very good. Top 20, they had Janet Jackson's choreographer do a Michael Jackson tribute and Top 18 they did a Bollywood number done by the choreographer from Slumdog Millionaire. I was very impressed that the back-to-back leaps were completely on time and in sync.

This week. Well, it had to happen. They couldn't get genres inside one partner's comfort zone anymore so it's no surprise that this week wasn't as good as previous weeks. We saw this in season 5, the top 18 night wasn't as strong as the top 20 night for the same reason.

The two best numbers of the night were the two most risqué. I'm wondering whether I'm going to show certain routines to my kids. I certainly could have done without that one section in Jamie Rae and Daniel's routine. The routine didn't need it.

Kim & Emanuel - Jazz (Blake McGrath) Song: Love, Sex, Magic. They certainly put the last two of these into this routine. Ver entertaining. I love the magic trick at the end. Very surprising.

Amy & Vincent - Hip Hop (Flii Stylz) It was ok but not as hard as it could have been. A good effort.

Corynne & Austin - Contemporary (Stacey Tookey). I'd say #3 on the night. Tookey's a great choreographer. I note that Austin's been the kiss of death for the girls though. This is his third partner in as many weeks.

Everett & Tara-Jean - Quick Step (Pierre Allaire). Their third ballroom dance in a row (Jive and Samba the others). A good effort but it could have been better. It's a tough dance. Danny & Allie did considerably better as did Vitolio and Karla in theirs.

Melanie & Cody - Mambo (Gustavo Vargas). This, to me, was a bit of a train wreck. The judges gave a lot of critiques but managed to do it w/o getting booed which means they did it the right way.

Daniel & Jayme Rae - Hip Hop (Luther Brown). One of the most entertaining dancese of the night, despite the gratuitous move in the middle. They hit this hard. They are a power couple so far.

Nicholas & Jenna Lynn - Hustle (Benji Schwimmer) Kudos to Benji for being able to choreographs these older styles. This would be #4 for me. I liked it but the judges gave lots of critiques.

Natalie & Danny - Rumba (Gustavo Vargas). This, to me, was better than the mambo even though the judges gave a lot of critiques again. Jean-Marc called out his warning again (he did last week with Melanie) but I think this will just mobilize the east coast voters - Natalie is from Halifax.

Bottom 3:
Melanie & Cody - Cody at serious risk because they still have Nicholas and Daniel in B-Boy/ Hip-hop. Melanie is going no where.
Everett & Tara-Jean.
Amy & Vincent - Vincent isn't going anywhere. He's the only ballroom they have left.

This would be a nightmare for the judges because it's three of the best girls in the show. If Corynne, Natalie or Jenna Lynn make the bottom 3, I think they'll go but they have to be in the bottom 3.
If Austin's B3, surely, he's run out of lives. Though he could be saved at the expense of Cody.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-09, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performance"
I think it is time for Amy to go. Her solos are amazing and Blake put her on a pedestal saying she wasn't top 20 material...she was top 4....but she is a terrible partner and can't seem to day any other style than contemporary. Vincent needs a new partner!

09-09-09, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performance"
Agreed. If I'm right with my B3, I think it should be Amy to go.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-09, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performance"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-09 AT 11:52 AM (EST)

Well, so far, my favourite couples are Kim and Emmanuel, Cody and Mel, and Jamie Rae and Daniel. Usually Mel is my favourite "beast" , but I didn't think she hit it hard enough this week. I definately think that Cody outdanced her...and I quite like his smooth style.

I LOVE Emmanuel. I hated him from his audtion last season as I thought he was too over the top, but now I just see strength and power and grace..and I am just blown away by him.

I LOVED the racy Jamie-Rae and Daniel dance (I don't have any young daughters to worry about! ) I also loved the Kim and Emmanuel magician dance..wow...

There are still some dancers that seem invisible to me. And, I feel the same as Trigirl about Amy, and about Danny...again, fairly invisible to me.

I really love Corynne. She is just the cutest think and dances like an angel. I hope that her and Austin make it work as I think he is a good dancer and was held down by his bad partner last week... I hope they are NOT in the bottom three this week...

Well, we'll see how it goes tonight!

*Summerized by Agman*

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-09-09, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 16 Performance"
Leah Miller really needs to go. I wish she would try and channel Cat rather than Ryan Seacrest for giving the results.

09-10-09, 08:57 AM (EST)
7. "Results"
In the Top 18 thread, I said that we'd lose a hip-hop boy and a contemporary girl this week. I was not far off at all.

Bottom 3 girls:
Jenna Lynn, Melanie, Amy with Jenna Lynn leaving

Bottom 3 guys:
Nicholas, Cody and Vincent with Nicholas leaving

Once again, the guys seem awfully more stoic at hearing the news that their time is done. However, the group does seem to be rather close knit judging by the amount of tears every time one of them is told their journey has ended.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Results"
I totally loved Nicolas...so was sad to see him go, but on the other hand, couldn't imagine either of the other two going either. I really thought it might be Cody....as I think he is hanging by a thread.

As for the girls, I was ready for either Amy or Jenna Lynn...but certainly not my favourite mini-Beast, Mel. I love Mel!! So, I was fine to see Jenna Lynn go, and she seemed to take it better than the last beotch form last week!! LOL...

*Summerized by Agman*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •