The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-09, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
*doing the happy Qwerty dance*
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... aethelstan 08-11-09 1
   RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... qwertypie 08-11-09 2
   RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... Snidget 08-12-09 5
       RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... aethelstan 08-12-09 6
 RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... strid333 08-11-09 3
   RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... qwertypie 08-11-09 4
 RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... aethelstan 08-13-09 7
 RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... Bar Belle 08-13-09 8
   RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... qwertypie 08-13-09 9
   RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... aethelstan 08-13-09 12
       RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... Bar Belle 08-20-09 17
 RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... Glow 08-13-09 10
   RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... qwertypie 08-18-09 16
       RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... Bar Belle 08-20-09 18
           RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... trigirl 08-20-09 19
               RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... Ahtumbreez 08-23-09 20
 RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... trigirl 08-13-09 11
 RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada star... djandy 08-17-09 13
   Top 20 trigirl 08-18-09 14
       RE: Top 20 djandy 08-18-09 15
 Top 20 aethelstan 08-24-09 21
 Editing aethelstan 08-24-09 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-11-09, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
tonight?? I thought it started tomorrow night!

*checks*

Yikes!! I need to change my taping schedule.

But the key question is this: what will ctv do on Sept. 9th?? We who don't have cable and watch SYTYCD on CTV need to know!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-11-09, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
Hopefully we will have cable by then (because I do not trust CTV not to make a completely boneheaded decision). I cannot wait to watch the routines without snow or waving lines everytime a plane flies overhead

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-09, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
What's going on in Canada on Sept 9th?

if that is the invade the US date I want to be prepared.

08-12-09, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
Actually, I should have said Sept. 2. I forgot that SYTYCD season 6 was moved up a week.

The problem is this: SYTYCD Canada runs 2-hours on Tuesdays with a 30 minute result show on Wednesday. But season 6 will be 2-hours on Wednesdays and result on Thursday. So there will be some serious overlap but it turns out that it isn't as bad as I initially feared (I thought the performance night for both would air on the same day).

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-11-09, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
So far the show is good. I really hope that Emanuel Sandhu is honestly eating the humble pie. I never really did like him as a figure skater, preferring Elvis Stojko, Kurt Browning, and Jeffery Buttle much more. Emanuel just seemed ... I dunno ... cocky, even though he could hardly ever skate two clean programs in a row.

Three is the perfect number.

08-11-09, 11:37 PM (EST)
4. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
Time will tell. Loved his choice of music

08-13-09, 09:23 AM (EST)
7. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
I've only been able to watch the first half of the Toronto auditions so far but that girl (Vicky Luo) who did the traditional Mongolian dance was amazing!! I hope she makes it.

Bar Belle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-13-09, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bar%20Belle Click to send private message to Bar%20Belle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
I don't know how much I'm enjoying this season so far, granted it's only been two episodes.

While I appreciate that they spend, what seems like, much more time on each dancer than the US version, I think it's too much time. I don't know if they try to get us emotionally invested early to translate to votes or what the strategy is.

But when they spend 10 minutes between saying "Look! It's this person from last season!" (Which seems like they all are) And then an extended solo (It seems way longer than Dance For Your Life) Plus extended judging... I get bored in those 10 minutes and flip to something else.

I'm hoping by "Finals" (which strikes me as odd because it isn't really the finals, the show is the finals) the show will have picked up some speed as I did enjoy it last season.

08-13-09, 12:48 PM (EST)
9. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
I thought their choice of "finals" was odd too.

08-13-09, 02:34 PM (EST)
12. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
We're finding it long too. They can easily cut it to one or two judges comments. There doesn't seem to be as many quick montages of successful/unsuccessful candidates. I didn't see the US auditions so I don't know how they differ.

With regard to the use of the word "Finals", they have little choice really. They can't tell those who auditioned in Toronto: "You're going to Toronto, baby!!" like they say "You're going to Vegas" so they are kind of stuck with this.

08-20-09, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bar%20Belle Click to send private message to Bar%20Belle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
I might be wrong but I think they tell the U.S. contestants that they're going to Vegas... even when they're located close to Vegas.

Any other words that might work? Semis? You're advancing...?

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-09, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
I am not jealous.

In case you were wondering.

08-18-09, 03:55 PM (EST)
16. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
Of course not. Did you see our Drool worthy Nico?

08-20-09, 01:17 PM (EST)
18. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
I could be wrong, but I swear I saw him on a yogurt commercial! He was dancing with a women that I didn't recognize but mmm he looked way mroe yummy than the yogurt.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-09, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
I heart Nico and will start watching Yogurt commercials with a vengeance!!!!

Natalie is in Nelly Furtado's video. She looks pretty hot but her dancing is a bit stiff. Kind of surprising!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-09, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
Nico was one Canadian I wanted to import.

08-13-09, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
I just found I was FF'ing through the audition stuff. It is beginning to feel like filler.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-17-09, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: WA and HOO - SYTYCD Canada starts tonight!!!!"
When does the Top 20 start?

08-18-09, 11:48 AM (EST)
14. "Top 20"
According to the show desciptions on the PVR....'finals' in Toronto are on Thursday and the Top 20 start next week on Tuesday (Aug 25th).

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-18-09, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Top 20"
Good, then I'll try and find the dances next week online.

08-24-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
21. "Top 20"
Here they are:

Top 10 Girls:

Amy Gardner, 21, Calgary, Alta. Contemporary

Corynne Barron, 18, Edmonton, Alta. Classical Contemporary

Jayme Rae Dailey, 21, Montreal, Que. Contemporary

Jenna Lynn Higgins, 18, Toronto, Ont. Jazz/Lyrical

Kim Gingras, 23, Montreal, Que. Hip-Hop (Vincent from last year's girlfriend)

Melanie Buttarazzi, 22, Woodbridge, Ont. Latin Ballroom

Melanie Mah, 19, Richmond Hill, Ont. Contemporary

Natalie Lyons, 23, Halifax, N.S. Hip-Hop/Krump!

Tara-Jean Popowich, 20, Lethbridge, Alta. Contemporary

Tatiana Parker, 21, Toronto, Ont. Hip-Hop

Top 10 Guys:

Anthony Grafton, 24, Calgary, Alta. Ballroom

Austin Di Iulio, 19, Mississauga, Ont. Contemporary

Cody Bonnell, 19, Unionville, Ont. Hip-Hop

Daniel Dory, 23, Montreal, Que. Hip-Hop/House

Danny Lawn, 21, Brockville, Ont. Contemporary

Emanuel Sandhu, 28, Vancouver, B.C. Contemporary/Ballet

Everett Smith, 25, Glen Morris, Ont. Tap!

Nicolas Bégin, 24, Quebec City, Que. B-Boy/Hip-Hop

Taylor James, 22, Vancouver, B.C. Contemporary

Vincent Desjardins, 20, Trois-Rivières, Que. Ballroom

08-24-09, 10:04 AM (EST)
22. "Editing"
I took a quick look at the Toronto audition show after they announced the top 20 and I noticed that everyone they spent time on were either in the top 46 or had a very particular story (like cultural dance). I wonder if this was as a result of the complaint of SYTYCD Season 5 where many didn't feel that they connected with any of the top 20 because they hadn't been featured.

I certainly don't think anyone's been overly hyped at this point though I think there are a couple of cannon-fodder picks. I haven't really seen a TCO but there was one that they said they thought she was top 4 material.

So far, I'd say Tara-Jean and Melanie Mah have been among the most impressive based on the constant positive feedback they've got from the judges.

I'm happy a tapper made it in as well as a female krumper. Adds a nice variety to the ubiquitous contemporary dancers.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •