The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada -Top 20 Performances"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-26-09, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada -Top 20 Performances"
They followed the US model of giving everyone a easier first week. Each ballroom dancer was given a ballroom, the hip hop numbers were given to partnerships with a hip hopper, etc.

A decent first week but some dances were sub-par.

The biggest problem with the Canadian version of this show is the lack of replays during the judges comments. There were many times when a judge would talk about a specific move and I wish they'd have show it. Another issue is Jean Marc is trying too much to be a cross between Nigel, Li'l C and Mary. He needs to take a cue from Luther and keep it short and simple. His best critique may have been for the jive where he complimented the dancers, the choreographer and then said, "if you get jive again, you need to work on A, B and C" - that's constructive!

Tara-Jean and Everett - Jive (Melissa Williams). I thought this was pretty average.

Amy and Vincent - Samba (Tony & Melanie). This had the serious misstep on the lift. Another dance that didn't grab me.

Kim & Emmanuel - Hip hop (Sho-Tyme). This may have been the worst routine of the night. The choreo was very simple even if they were channeling the 90s MC Hammer feel. It just felt repetitive.

Melanie M. and Cody - Contemporary (Stacey Tookie). One of the best of the night. Cody did well enough but Melanie has a little something extra in each of her steps and moves.

Natalie and Danny - Hip hop (Sho-Tyme). A good routine. I thought Natalie was great in this. Her audition was a little weak but she hit harder and harder as the Toronto (finals) week went on.

Corynne and Anthony - Waltz (Pierre Allaire). There were parts of this routine that looked out of place but the lift was nice. I'd like to see Anthony do well but Corynne could go this week and it wouldn't bother me.

Jenna Lynn and Nicolas - Disco (Melissa Williams). This may have been the least disco-y disco I have seen. Jenna Lynn is incredibly cute and spunky and Nicolas couldn't possibly have a bigger smile. The routine itself though was so-so.

Jayme Rae and Daniel - Afro Jazz (Sean Chessman). That's three straight great Afro Jazz routines by Sean. They could use him south of the border. Along with Code and Melanie M's, my favourite routine of the night. Great job by both.

Tatiana and Austin - Capoeira (Paul Decker). As long as Paul choreographs nothing else, I'll be happy with him doing this style. I enjoyed this dance but was expecting more martial arts moves. I loved the trick at the end. This is definitely a camera friendly couple too.

Taylor and Melanie B. - Tango (Tony & Melanie). This was another good dance. She, as would be expected, totally outdanced him though. She had the facial expressions going and Taylor was just trying to keep up.

Bottom 3 for me (maybe because I don't remember them so well as they were all early):
Kim and Emmanuel
Amy and Vincent
Tara-Jean and Everett.

I think Corynne and Anthony could be B3 as well.

Going home? I'd say Emmanuel and Corynne or Kim.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada -Top 20 Performan... strid333 08-26-09 1
 Well I'm shocked aethelstan 08-27-09 2
   RE: Well I'm shocked qwertypie 08-27-09 3
       RE: Well I'm shocked aethelstan 08-27-09 4
           RE: Well I'm shocked qwertypie 08-28-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-26-09, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada -Top 20 Performances"
I pretty much agree 100% with your bottom 3 and the comments about Jean-Marc. I think the language barrier is why he is trying to imitate other people showing enthusiasm. But I can tell he loves dance and that is a good thing.

Emmanuel could be an interesting mix. He would have already existing figure skating fans. But I also know figure skating fans who did not really like him (me for example).

Three is the perfect number.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-27-09, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Well I'm shocked"
Not only was I 1 for 3 for the bottom 3, they got rid of someone that I thought would last longer. And boy was she pissed about it too! I don't think they cast any cannon fodder this year so it was a really hard cut right off the top.

Kudos to the Canadian version for keeping the results show to 30 minutes with no filler at all.
Thumbs down to the constant pimping your own version of the show as the best thing since they put the pocket in the pita.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-09, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Well I'm shocked"
I missed yesterday's show, who was bottom three and who got booted?

Yes, I could look it up but my computer doesn't like downloading the CTV website.

08-27-09, 03:01 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Well I'm shocked"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-09 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

Bottom 3 girls:

Tatiana, Amy and Melanie B with Tatiana leaving

Bottom 3 guys:

Austin, Vincent and Taylor with Taylor leaving.

I have a feeling that it was 50-50 between Tatiana and Melanie but Jean-Marc had the tiebreaking vote and wanted to save the ballroom dancer but I have nothing to go on except my gut feeling.

ETF. grammar

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-09, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Well I'm shocked"
WOW. Thanks for the update!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •