The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale - make your predictions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-31-09, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale - make your predictions"
Now that we know who the final 4 are, how do you think they will end up? Sure, this is before we see them compete for the last time, but let's speculate anyway.

Top female - Kayla vs Jeanine:
Both are lovely and obviously strong dancers. Kayla is probably better for the camera in a Hollywood sort of way, but I think Jeanine has way more fans (and sort of a Maryanne hotter than Ginger sort of appeal). Jeanine has also shown to be a better choreographer for herself on solos. I pick Jeanine for the top girl.

Top Male - Evan vs Brandon:
Both have been negatively pimped right to the finale. Brandon got negative comments from Mia and Lil C before even making the top 20 (incredible that they were so wrong, IMO). Evan was an easy pick to the top 20, and then the voters have kept him safe all the way to the finale. Quirky charm? On pure dance ability I have to think Brandon will win the vote over Evan, especially if he picks up a bunch of Ade voters, which I assume he will.

Overall winner:
- The previous 4 seasons have had 3 male and 1 female winner. I only started last season, so can't comment on all the winners, but suspect this show has a hugely female viewing demographic, and probably a bias towards a male winner.
- Kayla has been near the bottom of the vote many times, so seemingly doesn't have a strong fan base (relative to the others). Does that give Jeanine an advantage overall as her gender competitor is "weaker"?
- All that aside, to me it is a coin toss between Jeanine and Brandon, but my guess is that Brandon will win the season.

Your thoughts?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale - make your predictions grit 07-31-09 1
   RE: Finale - make your predictions Snidget 07-31-09 3
       RE: Finale - make your predictions grit 07-31-09 7
           RE: Finale - make your predictions sharnina 07-31-09 10
   RE: Finale - make your predictions Glow 07-31-09 4
       RE: Finale - make your predictions Farmie 08-01-09 11
 Insta Snidge-Predictions. Snidget 07-31-09 2
 RE: Finale - make your predictions Glow 07-31-09 5
 RE: Finale - make your predictions Maroonclown 07-31-09 6
   RE: Finale - make your predictions shaneperry 07-31-09 8
 RE: Finale - make your predictions djandy 07-31-09 9
 RE: Finale - make your predictions DoodleBug 08-01-09 12
 RE: Finale - make your predictions KeithFan 08-05-09 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-31-09, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
I don't vote - I just watch. I've only watched Season 2 previously - that was the only season with a female winner. Do you think SYTYCD will mess around with the votes to get another female winner? I think you're right that SYTYCD has a huge female viewership, which might mean another male winner.

Right now, I think we're looking at a Brandon win. He's got the talent and of the remaining 4 contestants, he probably gets the most squeals from the audience. That's probably a good sign. I can handle a Kayla or Jeanine win as well. They're both very good.

The only win I won't be able to tolerate is an Evan win. He's cute. He's quirky. He's moderately good at what he does. But he's not good at anything else they've thrown at him. There's a laziness to his dance moves. The only time I saw him shine was Wednesday night in the guys dance routine. He actually stepped it up and pretty much matched Ade and Brandon (most of the time). But I don't think he should win.
Now I'm going to put on my protective gear - I think some other peeps are going to come in and start beating on me!

I got sliced!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-09, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
Benji's a girl?

Man that makes that sexy latin dance with her cousin Heidi even more disturbing

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-31-09, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
Then it must have been season 3 because Lacey was after Benji.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-31-09, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
LOL - and it wasn't Lacey that won. It was Season 3 and the winner was Sabra over Danny.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-09, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
I can see where you'd be confused. A girl SHOULD have won season 2 (Allison or Natalie) and TPTB ignore season 1.

Farmie 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-01-09, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Farmie Click to send private message to Farmie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
LOL...I thought I was the only one to remember season 1.

Since all my favorites are out - Jeanette, Melissa, and Ade - I'm predicting a Jeanine win.

Farmie

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-09, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Insta Snidge-Predictions."
Kayla will have all the best choreographed routines.

The only contemporary/jazz routine Jeanine will get will be with Kayla. In it Jeanine does next to no dancing and Kayla does amazing leg extensions all around her.

Evan will be thrown under the bus and the train and any other transportation they can think of. Both Kayla and Jeanine will end up in stripper heels when they dance with him rather than regular dance shoes to ensure he appears as short as possible.

Kayla will do the same solo she does every week and will told it is the most original bestest solo ever done on the show.

Kayla may become completely transparent by the end of the show. She will not be cast on DWTS because she is dangerously allergic to spray tan.

Brandon will be barely clad for at least one dance.

I really do think Jeanine has the better story arc and hope she wins over Kayla.
Evan vs Brandon is a toss up for me. Both have that underdog story arc, but I think Brandon will pull it out.

I believe we will have a mixed gender top two, but we could end up with both of the girls in the final two depending on which dances they get.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-09, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
It is, of course, entirely possible that the F2 will be the boys. Although I gotta say, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Jeanine in the F2. This (obviously) isn't a competition for "best", it's "favorite" and Jeanine beats out Kayla there.

I'd have loved to see a girl win this season. But to be honest, neither one of the two that are left should so I wouldn't love it so much. Which means Jeanine will probably win. ack. I don't hate her or anything but I do think she's #4 out of the final 4 (#6 of the final 6).

My money is on Brandon taking it though. (Sorry for the jinx, B.)

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-09, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
This is far too analytical for me, especially on a Friday.

I don't care who wins, because Ade is gone. Although Evan is a charming cutie, I'm pretty sure he won't win.

That is all.

compliments of agman's little shoppe of siggies

shaneperry 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-31-09, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shaneperry Click to send private message to shaneperry Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
Why is Evan still there ??????????? he is soo boring.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-31-09, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
Should Win order:
4.) Kayla
3.) Evan
2.) Jeanine
1.) Brandon

Will win order:
4.) Kayla
3.) Jeanine
2.) Brandon
1.) Evan

I think there's a good chance that Evan could win it all, but Brandon should win based on ability. Jeanine's the dark horse that could upset the boys.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-09, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
I'm thrilled that three of my favorite four are in the finals. So as long as anyone but Evan wins, I'll be happy. But here is how I think it should go down and how I think it will...

Should:
4. Evan - should be Ade
3. Kayla - fan base not strong enough
2. Brandon - very strong dancer and cute to boot comes in a very close second to....
1. Jeanine - I love her story arc and I think she has a strong voting base. She has impressed me more and more all season. I love her personality in addition to her gorgeous dancing. Plus, I think a female should win this year.

Will:
4. Kayla - over-pimping will be her downfall
3. Jeanine - teen vote not strong enough
2. Evan - underdog votes make him the runner-up to...
1. Brandon - the "bleeding fingered females" will dial like made for the sexy dude in earrings.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-09, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Finale - make your predictions"
I don't know who will win, I'll be voting for Jeanine. The thing that wows be about her is her amazing combination of control and power. After watching girls dance for 18 years I've come to find that it is so rare.

How it will go down tonight prediction:

Kayla- will get her own "tear-jerker" dance, and they will have multiple cuts to her grandparents.

Evan- whatever he's given, it's going to be a little bit "not quite good enough" for a champ, but could win.

Brandon- will be on the hot tamale train and all the judges will be crying because they are so proud to have picked him and be blessed to have watched his "amazing talent".

Jeanine- will probably be given the famous "Southern Bulgarian Apple Blossom" dance. She will do it amazingly well, by Nigel's standards, but he wont know if it has the "wow" factor that will get people to pick up the phone. Heh, he doesn't realize that every guy watching could be voting for her rack.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •