The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank the Top 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-09, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank the Top 6"
The final 6. Next week is the finale. What did you think? Who shook your tail feather and who seemed to fall flat? Rank 'em as you see 'em.

Here they are....

Guys Trio
Jeanine and Ade - Samba
Jeanine and Ade - Hip Hop
Melissa and Evan - Broadway
Melissa and Evan - Quickstep
Kayla and Brandon - Contemporary
Kayla and Brandon - Disco
Gals Trio

And don't forget the solos....

Do the doodledance!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank the Top 6 DoodleBug 07-30-09 1
   RE: Rank the Top 6 byoffer 07-30-09 2
   RE: Rank the Top 6 Snidget 07-30-09 3
 RE: Rank the Top 6 Glow 07-30-09 4
 RE: Rank the Top 6 djandy 07-30-09 5
   RE: Rank the Top 6 DoodleBug 07-30-09 7
 RE: Rank the Top 6 iatovttotx78 07-30-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-30-09, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank the Top 6"
I thought it was kind of a yawner last night. I don't know. I was expecting more from the top 6. Maybe it was the style of dance. Maybe it was the choreography. It couldn't be the dancers, right? Hmmmmm.

1. Kayla and Brandon - contemporary - I loved this choreography and thought both of them were brilliant. I've been waiting for this partnership all season!

2. Jeanine and Ade - hip hop - they both nailed it, Jeanine was fabulous, but Ade was great too (had to watch it a second time to look at him).

3. Guys trio - I really loved this piece!

4. Kayla and Brandon - disco - not a big fan of disco but this was fun to watch and so difficult! Gotta give them points for that.

5. Gals Trio - not as good as the guys, but still great. Jeanine stood out for me in this one. It was good to just focus on the three gals and their technique.

6. Jeanine and Ade - Samba - This goes here for Jeanine because she is one hot and sexy mamma. Ade looks awkward in the latin numbers.

7. Melissa and Evan - Broadway - not my favorite Broadway piece, Evan's expressions are so good, I thought Melissa was flat

8. Melissa and Evan - Quickstep - kiss of death for them I'm afraid

Solos
Brandon
Jeanine
Ade
Evan
Kayla
Melissa

Totals....
Brandon (9)
Ade (14)
Jeanine and Kayla (15)
Evan (22)
Melissa (26)

Go Jeanine!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-09, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rank the Top 6"

1. Kayla and Brandon - contemporary
2. Jeanine and Ade - hip hop
3. Guys trio

-gap-

4. Melissa and Evan - Broadway
5. Gals Trio - not as good as the guys, but still great. Jeanine stood out for me in this one. It was good to just focus on the three gals and their technique.

-gap-

6. Melissa and Evan - Quickstep
7. Kayla and Brandon - disco
8. Jeanine and Ade - Samba

Solos
Brandon
-gap-
Jeanine
-gap-
Evan
Kayla
Ade
Melissa

Cuts will be hard.

For the guys I think Brandon is the clear leader. Between the other two, each has strengths and weaknesses. I wonder if demographics will come into it, and if Evan will be saved again?

For the girls Jeanine seems to have grown throughout the season. Almost a wallflower when the show started, I think her dancing and personality has really shone. IMO she deserves to stay. Kayla has been in the bottom 3 so many times, but keeps coming back. She really is lovely to watch (for so many reasons), and I hope she stays. Melissa can nail some styles, but overall I think she has too many gaps and I agree with the comment someone made about her that her smile can be almost Joker-ish and creepy.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-09, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank the Top 6"
Group Dance

1. Guys
2. Girls, (woulda won if the pop in the face happened on stage instead of in rehearsal, yes, I am that sick of Kayla)

1. M/E Quickstep. One of the few quicksteps I've liked because they looked like they had fun rather than spent all there time going OMG there are too many steps.

2. M/E Broadway. Fun and Evan makes me smile. Melissa was cute in this.

3. J/A Hip Hop. Did not really love the routine, did they cut the camera shot when they jumped out of the boxes as it looked like maybe Ade had a bit of a problem with that based on where they were, but we didn't see him. Sometimes Jeanine just seemed a bit too happy about moving which kinda pulled me out of the routine a few times.

4. K/B Contemporary. Choreography was great, Brandon had some cool moves, no chemistry between them and I just can't take the tongue baths and always getting the great routine every week thing that Kayla gets.

5. J/A Samba. Oh, that is why people don't do Samba Rolls for these competition shows. Look so easy when done well, not so much here. Needed way more chemistry between them.

6. K/B Disco. Ok, I know people did a bunch of cocaine in the disco era, but what is with the disco on super strength crystal meth this year. Extra deductions for the awkward double death drop being hailed as the bestest dance move eveh!.

Solo

1. Jeanine. She danced for the whole time (bonus in my book) and showed so much personality I'm going to give her the top spot.

2. Brandon. Although on the rewatch I didn't like it as much. Sometimes does too much gymnastics for my taste, but dayum is he ripped. I don't know if I'd go with best solo ever, but definitely the boy wants to be here.

3. Melissa. Does so much cool stuff en pointe. May be just it is different from most people but I love her solos.

4. Evan, gosh I know he's too short and isn't as technical as some of the others but gosh darn does he make me smile.

5. Ade. A bit frenetic for my taste.

6. Kayla SS/DD

Totals (D1, D2, Solo and Group)

1. Tied with 8 Evan and Melissa
3. 11 points Jeanine
4. 13 points Brandon
5. 14 points Ade
6. 18 points Kayla.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-09, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rank the Top 6"
I don’t think last night left me with much beyond how very much I like this top 6. I think they’re all very strong. I didn’t love any of the routines though. Though I very much liked the guys trio. It’s a shame, really. This is perhaps the strongest top 6 they’ve had through all 5 seasons and I wasn’t blown away by or overly impressed with any of them last night.

Guys trio – I thought they all did really good with this. But I’d rank it individually as Brandon, Ade, Evan.

Kayla and Brandon – contemporary – the choreo was great. It was lacking something. Chemistry? Fire?

Jeanine and Ade – hip hop – I could have done without the boxes (and Jeanine)

Melissa and Evan – Broadway – seems like Tyce was looking for them to go bigger. Evan certainly should have been able to.

Gals trio – I liked the concept but it fell pretty flat for me.

Jeanine and Ade – samba – because Ade looks good in samba clothes

Melissa and Evan – quickstep – they needed a jolt there at the end but I thought it was pretty good

Kayla and Brandon – Disco – it was competent but the routine was too much

Solos:
Brandon - but certainly not as impressed with this as the judges were or as he was
Ade - he's so gorgeous to watch
Kayla - she's a really beautiful dancer. I honestly don't get the hate.
Evan - he makes me smile
Melissa - I think she's stunning
Jeanine - who told this girl she should spend every second trying to be sexy by making ridiculous Zoolanderish faces?

Totals :
Brandon 1+2+8+1 = 12
Ade 1+3+6+2 = 12
Evan 1+4+7+4 = 16
Kayla 2+5+8+3 = 18
Jeanine 3+5+6+6 = 20
Melissa 4+5+7+5 = 21

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-30-09, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rank the Top 6"
My TV was having issues, so I missed the guys dance, Kayla's solo, and the J/A Samba. So here's my rankings of what I saw (including the short summary clips at the end):

Duos:
1.) Kayla & Brandon - Contemp (Technically danced very well but no chemistry)
2.) Melissa & Evan - Broadway (I liked Evan's facial expressions)
3.) Jeanine & Ade - HH (Ade did look like he got his foot stuck in the box but they cut away from him to cover it up)
4.) Melissa & Evan - QS (I thought it had high energy and was enjoyable)
5.) Jeanine & Ade - Samba (Jeanine looked great in the 3 second recap I saw)
6.) Kayla & Brandon - Disco (All of the transitions looked very awkward. Kayla had to reset every time she started and stopped a trick. Not nearly as good as Janette & Brandon's earlier in the season.)

Solos:
1.) Brandon - this was the exact same solo that he tried out for the show with. Same music and kicks to the beats and everything. I wonder why no one mentioned it, but it is still awesome.
2.) Evan - his dancing just makes me smile.
3.) Jeanine - She has different variety in her dancing and does different moves - kind of adds a little HH flair to her Contemp.
4.) Ade - a little frenetic.
5.) Melissa - She's a little limited on what she can do with ballet. Maybe she could go 1 toe shoe and 1 bare foot and do a combo ballet / contemp. routine like the ballet dancer on SYTYCD Canada did to shake it up a bit?
6.) Kayla - what I saw from the clip was same old same old.

Overall rankings:
1.) Brandon - 8
1.) Evan - 8
3.) Jeanine - 11
3.) Melissa - 11
5.) Ade - 12
6.) Kayla - 13

Kayla & Ade should be going home.

07-30-09, 01:03 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Rank the Top 6"
On Brandon's solo - I knew it was the same music, but wasn't sure it was the same solo. He has used some of those same moves in different solos too.

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-30-09, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rank the Top 6"
Group Numbers:
1. Brandon and Kayla- Contemp. Outstanding
2. Jeanine and Ade - Hip Hop
3. Guys Trio
4. Kayla and Brandon - Disco
5. Girls Trio
6. Melissa and Evan- Broadway
7. Jeanine and Ade- Samba
8. Melissa and Evan- Quickstep. Blech

Solos:
1. Brandon
2. Jeanine
3. Melissa
4. Ade
5. Evan
6. Kayla

Totals:
9 Brandon
16 Ade
16 Jeanine
16 Kayla
22 Evan
22 Melissa

A Tribephyl routine

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •