The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nico and Allie Guest at Nutcracker"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-15-08, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nico and Allie Guest at Nutcracker"
Nico and Allie are going to be guests at the National Ballet's Nutcracker this weekend. They are going to play cannon dolls. It will be streamed to movie theatres all over Canada.

Link

bouncey by Ice

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nico and Allie Guest at Nutcrac... emma6 12-18-08 1
   RE: Nico and Allie Guest at Nutcrac... byoffer 12-19-08 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emma6 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-18-08, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emma6 Click to send private message to emma6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Nico and Allie Guest at Nutcracker"
Rhys Bobridge puts away his dancing shoes and steps up to the mic. Andrew Shaw listens in.

Rhys Bobridge’s So You Think You Can Dance? web page lists Velvet Goldmine as his favourite movie. Based loosely on the relationship between David Bowie and Iggy Pop during the early seventies, Goldmine is about rock’s flirtation with glam and men who wore make-up – and when you meet Bobridge you realise why he likes the film. Wearing a black hoody trimmed with silver sequins, his fawn hair cut in an angular fringe, head half-shaved, with toxic-yellow nail polish and a massive silver watch in the shape of a boom box on his wrist, he is superqueer.

“I got it made,” he says of the hoody. “It does have a matching track suit bottom, but I thought that might have been a little too much.”

It’s hard to imagine anything being too much for Bobridge, who became a national icon earlier this year when he appeared on TV show So You Think You Can Dance? Keen to keep himself in the public gaze, he’s begun a singing career with the release of his first single ‘Hot Summer’ late last month. “It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, but I never thought I’d get the opportunity. I never pushed myself in that direction, but when the opportunity was presented to me I thought, run with it.”

Bobridge was born in Adelaide, where he first became interested in performance.

=“I was very popular in primary school,” he says, “but when I got to high school things kind of turned. I always had girlfriends and everything, but obviously I was a little bit different. I wasn’t playing football, I wasn’t first picked on the sports team, that’s for sure.

“I always had my outlet of performing in dance and singing class. It was really good for me. I think if I didn’t have that outlet, high school would have been a lot harder. I did get pretty depressed in high school.”

He moved to Melbourne seven years ago, loving his adopted city “because it doesn’t take itself too seriously”.

“Sydney is all about the fabulous party. It’s being seen and talking to the right people. And I’m good at doing all of that, don’t get me wrong, but the truth about me is I’m a bit of a dag.”

Known to the Melbourne gay scene well before SYTYCD? as drag artist Regime Dettol, Bobridge is philosophical about the excesses of showbiz. “I grew up in gay culture from quite a young age. I started playing around with drag when I was 16 and I got exposed to a lot from a very young age, and I learnt to deal with it from a very young age. I’ve had that time in my life where I can party all night and do silly things. I feel like I’ve been there and done that, and I know what really makes me happy now.”

Helping to shape Bobridge’s new singing career is Robert Conley, who co-produced Darren Hayes’ last two solo albums, and Nick & Mike aka Supershake. ‘Hot Summer’ has the chunky synth hooks of The Presets anchored to a dance beat guaranteed to keep punters moving. The voice sounds solid enough. An album is on its way.

“It’s the sound of me,” Bobridge says. “I don’t think we’re making any landmark revolutions with our music, but what we’re working towards with the album is a futuristic perspective on the past. It’s modern, but it’s taking elements from RnB, hip-hop, disco, indie, jazz, jive – all those elements that have influenced me.”

He likes Lady Gaga (“She’s bringing back the shoulder pad. Her look is like an 80s perspective on the future: a little bit Grace Jones, a little bit Jetsons, a bit Bowie”) and in a fantasy world he’d work with Beyonce (“amazing performer”).

Dancing, singing, touring, being interviewed ten times a day – it seems like a lot of work. Why do it?

“It makes me happy,” he replies. “But also it’s what I’m best at. I don’t see myself doing anything else. I will be entertaining people for the rest of my life, regardless of whether this music career works or not. There’s so much that I want to do and this is another box I’ve been able to tick.” soyouthinkyoucandance.info

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-19-08, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nico and Allie Guest at Nutcracker"
Hi Emma6, and welcome to the boards.

Your article must be about SYTYCD-Australia. Cool, I didn't know they had a competition there. Any youtube links to the dancing?

This particular thread is about Nico and Allie, the top 2 in the Canadian show, and how they will be dancing in the annual Christmas ballet show here. Instead of replying to Trigirl you should have hit post from the SYTYCD forum.

And then hope that others want to discuss the Aussie show!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •