The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-18-08, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
Mia Micheals and Dan Karaty are going to be the guest judges this week. I always enjoy Dan as a judge. Some of the choreographers this week are Luther, Blake, Lil C and Alex de Silva.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8 trigirl 11-19-08 1
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8 byoffer 11-19-08 2
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8 qwertypie 11-19-08 3
 Top 8 - performance round 1 byoffer 11-19-08 4
   RE: Top 8 - performance round 1 Glow 11-20-08 9
       RE: Top 8 - performance round 1 byoffer 11-20-08 12
           RE: Top 8 - performance round 1 Gerbees 11-20-08 13
   RE: Top 8 - performance round 1 qwertypie 11-20-08 10
       RE: Top 8 - performance round 1 byoffer 11-20-08 11
           RE: Top 8 - performance round 1 qwertypie 11-20-08 14
 Top 8 - performance round 2 byoffer 11-19-08 5
   RE: Top 8 - performance round 2 qwertypie 11-19-08 6
       RE: Top 8 - performance round 2 qwertypie 11-20-08 7
       RE: Top 8 - performance round 2 trigirl 11-20-08 8
 Results trigirl 11-21-08 15
   RE: Results qwertypie 11-21-08 16
   RE: Results byoffer 11-22-08 17
       RE: Results MKitty 11-25-08 18
           RE: Results qwertypie 11-26-08 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-19-08, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
Holy Cow CTV....you broadcast half the show in the commercial. Thought we were supposed to be fooled into thinking it is live.

Couples:
Izaak and Arrassay
Vincent and Natalie
Nico and Lisa
Miles and Allie

I saw a clip of each of their dances too. They do two each. Can't wait.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-08, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
*gasp* It's not live???

Interesting couples.
- Arassay gets arguably the weakest male dancer. I suspect she will overshadow him, and he will finally leave. (?)
- Lisa and Nico should be good for Lisa (she is a good dancer, and hopefully being with Nico will help)
- Allie and Miles will get the cute couple vote.
- hopefully this will set up to send Natalie home!

I can't wait.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-08, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 8"
Alex da Silva
*resigned sigh*

11-19-08, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Top 8 - performance round 1"
Couple 1 - Miles and Allie doing the Samba

(Miles is shirtless, which will pretty much guarantee he will be back!)
I thought they did a nice job. Good energy.

The judges were all very positive.

Couple 2 - Arassay and Izaak doing Lindy Hop (wtf?)
Kind of a punk rock dance, and I found it all over the place. DW said that was just the dance.

Judge Mia agrees with me, calling it sloppy.
Others feel they missed the emotion of a soldier-based song.

Couple 3 - Natalli and Vincent doing Krump (Lil C)

Synchronicity of off, but aided by the strobe-lighting. Aided, but not enough. This isn't good, IMO.

Judges - got the moves, but missed the dance. Forgot their routine.

Couple 4 - Lisa and Nico doing jazz funk. (Blake)
(they've got the theme song!)
kiss, ear-bite, sassy! They really stayed in character. My family enjoyed that!

Judges - Mia - "Blake is a dirty, dirty, filthy man." Hot. Amazing.
Dan - that would have been censored in the US.
rest - loved it.

Round 1... goes to Lisa and Nico. Bottom couple is Natalli and Vincent.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-08, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 8 - performance round 1"
ooooh. I can't wait to see Nico and Lisa.

I shouldn't be here. I haven't seen this yet.

"Blake is a dirty, dirty, filthy man." yumzies

11-20-08, 03:32 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Top 8 - performance round 1"
Why wait?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6bC7KVY6G8

Would that really have been censored in the US?

Gerbees 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-20-08, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gerbees Click to send private message to Gerbees Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top 8 - performance round 1"
Not sure, but I loved that dance...probably one of my all time faves!!

11-20-08, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 8 - performance round 1"
Others feel they missed the emotion of a soldier-based song.

Yeah, nothing says angst and pain of soldiers in conflict like a good rousing lindy-hop /sarcasm

11-20-08, 01:51 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Top 8 - performance round 1"
Great point.

So here is my question: Is that the dancers fault or the choreographers?

Just once I want to hear one of the judges say "That choreography just missed the mark." or "Lots of good technical elements, but the story in the choreography was wrong." or "You dancers did the best you could with what you were given."

That will never happen, but to dote over every choreographer every time seems to cheapen the times the choreography is really excellent.

FTR, I though the paparazzi routine was excellent. Kudos to Blake "the dirty, dirty, filthy man" for that.

11-20-08, 11:06 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Top 8 - performance round 1"
Yet again, I agree with you completely.

Blake came close to slamming the choreographers a few times when he told (I think) Lisa that he couldn't wait to see her perform a piece that would showcase her ability.

11-19-08, 09:20 PM (EST)
5. "Top 8 - performance round 2"
Couple 1 - Allie and Miles doing African Jazz
Wow, I loved that. Lots of distinctive African moves. Very nice presentation. Beautiful.

Judges - Mia got the African beat.
Dan - thought Miles owned the stage
Tre - well grounded (fitting with style). Great job.
JM - a little light, but A+

Couple 2 - Arassay and Izaak doing Tango
He is very wooden. Needs to get into the dance! Arasay basically danced all around him.

Judges - Mia - Arassay giving so much, but not getting anything from Izaak
Others - Arassay great, Izaak NOT.

Couple 3 - Natalli and Vincent doing contemporary
theme is end of relationship
This couple is well suited for contemporary, and did a great job.

Judges - Mia - technically sound. goosebumps.
Dan - best performance of night
Tre - so strong.
JM - standing applause (and tears) Calls them his favourite couple. I don't agree, but they did well.

Couple 4 - Nico and Lisa doing hip hop (Luther)
(whatever you like by T.I.)
Enjoyable. Usually hip hop is faster, and I found this harder on the dancers to go slower (had to be tighter)

Mia - pimpin' hot. Great style, fun, etc.
Dan - Canadian dancers second to none in the world (he has judged around the world)
Tre - loved it. Good swagger
JM - should top 4 dancers

Round 2 - top was probably Natalli and Vincent. Bottom was couple 2 based on Izaak along.

Overall - worst guy has to be Izaak. Worst girl? Tough one! I still hope it is Natalli. Lisa was great tonight, but has been bottom group a few times.

11-19-08, 09:47 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Top 8 - performance round 2"
Izaak dances a Da Silva tango? I think I'll go poke my eyes out now.

*Heads off to pour some tequila shots*

11-20-08, 00:37 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Top 8 - performance round 2"
That was painful to watch. Don't worry, no rants here, I'll just link to the 50 other upset, incoherent ramblings I made in the course of argentine tango and sytycd.

11-20-08, 00:56 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Top 8 - performance round 2"
As soon as I heard those words "Argentine Tango" I had to rush over to see what you had to say. tee hee

bouncey by Ice
I liked Arassay....

11-21-08, 10:12 AM (EST)
15. "Results"
Chere Vincent,

I have let you down. I have voted for you in the past but was out socializing the other night and did not get home in time to vote for you. Plus...I am too cheap to text vote. I apologize for not being there for you and defending you against the curse of Izaak. My dear Arassay fell to the curse of Izaak too. You just have to dance with him or stand next to him to get the curse.

I am sooooo sorry for letting you down. You are the greatest and I will see you on the tour. Already bought my tickets!

Love,
Trigirl...your biggest fan.

11-21-08, 12:54 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Results"
CRAP!
(missed the results show. Was hoping for totally different results)

11-22-08, 10:44 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Results"
Trigirl, did you just call yourself fat? That would be contrary to my mental image of someone called "trigirl"!

The full results were:
Bottom 2 males: Izaak and Vincent, with Vincent going home.
Bottom 2 females: Lisa and Arassay with *gasp* Arassay going home.

I am befuddled.

I still think Vincent was the most talented male dancer, though admittedly not one who will have the sex appeal to garner votes. Is Izaak really that sexy that he keeps getting votes despite some questionable performances? I like Miles (probably by association with Lara) and thought he had a great week, but I can't see him winning. I still can't see Nico not being the final guy standing.

I am shocked that Arassay is sent home. I had her and Allie in the F2 females. The crowd certainly cheers for Natalli (though I don't like her). Lisa has been in the bottom many times, but keeps staying alive. IMO Allie is the most talented, and I hope she stays to the end.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-08, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Results"
I guys and gals....I just limped in here...licking my wounds. I was away on business last week and watched it over the weekend. I could not even bring myself to this board until today as I was so devestated by the results. Man, I take this show sooooooo personally..I really need to get a life or soemthing! I was just so upset that I couldn't even come here... but I am here now.

Okay, sigh...my beautiful Vincent and hot and sexy Arrasay are gone. Double sigh.

I do love Miles and Allie and well, I absolutely salivate over Nico for both is dancing and his looks...but I cringe when I see Issak there over Vincent. I couldn't vote last week as I was away..but I am still soooo sad...

Sigh...let's see how tomorrow goes...

Seasonal CATastic courtesy of Agman!

11-26-08, 03:10 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Results"
((((((((hugs)))))))))
I feel you pain.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •