The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Has anyone gone to see the live show?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-09-08, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Has anyone gone to see the live show?"
I'm going next Tuesday and was just wondering if it was wonderful or what, anyone have details?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Has anyone gone to see the live... qwertypie 10-09-08 1
 RE: Has anyone gone to see the live... Glow 10-10-08 2
 RE: Has anyone gone to see the live... LostAddict 10-10-08 3
 RE: Has anyone gone to see the live... djandy 10-11-08 4
   RE: Has anyone gone to see the live... djandy 10-11-08 5
   RE: Has anyone gone to see the live... LostAddict 10-13-08 6
 RE: Has anyone gone to see the live... LostAddict 10-15-08 7
   RE: Has anyone gone to see the live... LostAddict 10-15-08 8
 RE: Has anyone gone to see the live... MKitty 10-17-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-09-08, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Has anyone gone to see the live show?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-08 AT 08:31 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-09-08 AT 05:14 PM (EST)

I'M SO FREAKIN' JEALOUS I COULD SPIT!!! YES, I KNOW I'M SHOUTING!!!!!!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-08, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Has anyone gone to see the live show?"
Emydi and I are going next month (Nov 8th).
The Dance is one of the things I was hoping for. I am so glad to see it is part of the tour. Have fun! and bring us back some goodies.

A ho's (and Snidge's) work is never done.

10-10-08, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Has anyone gone to see the live show?"
I'm excited, I can't believe it's finally here! I'm taking my daughter (who's 8). This morning we were talking about it and she said, "mom, if I fall asleep can we go home?" I said, "no, if you fall asleep I'm going to slap you awake!" Yes, I am a mean parent.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-11-08, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Has anyone gone to see the live show?"
Just got back from the Dallas show. They featured Joshua, Comfort, and Chelsea Traille a lot because they're from Dallas. The 13 performers were Joshua, Twitch, Katee, Courtney, Chelsie Hightower, Mark, Comfort, Will, Kherington, Gev, Jessica, Thayne, and Chelsea Traille. The ones that got the largest cheering sections were Joshua, Twitch, Katee, Chelsie H., and Mark.

Group dances included:
* an opening Hip Hop number (looked new to me).
* the Bollywood group dance.
* the Mia Michaels dance with Mark as the lead with the striped stick.
* the "Money Makes the World go Round" dance with the piano.
* the encore was a dance to "You Can't Stop the Beat" from Hairspray.

Individual dances included:
* "The Door" dance with Katee & Twitch.
* "Bleeding Love with Chelsie & Mark (a crowd favorite).
* "No Air" Hip Hop, Samba, and the Mia Michaels Contemp. in the black outfits from Katee & Joshua.
* "In the Garden" Jazz and "Time of My Life" Viennese Waltz? from Courtney & Mark.
* Cha Cha that Pasha & Anya choreographed from Courtney & Gev.
* Jive from Chelsie & Gev.
* Argentine Tango from Chelsie & Joshua.
* Russian Trepak from Joshua & Twitch (a crowd favorite).
* "The Bed" dance, orange prison jump suit Hip Hop, and Jean-Marc Genereaux's Viennese Waltz? dedidated to his daughter from Twitch & Kherington.
* Twitch & Comfort futuristic Hip Hop.
* Mark & Comfort detention in desks Hip Hop.
* Courtney & Will lyrical Hip Hop with an hourglass and he's a Ghost. (They were really emphasizing Napoleon & Tabitha, and how great their choreography was).
* Chelsea T. & Thayne Cha Cha.
* Will & Jessica "Adam & Eve" dance.
* 5 guys named Moe.
* All 13 had a solo.

About 20 minutes of recrap of auditions at the beginning, Recrap of the "where are they now" of earlier seasons' contestants that they showed from the finale, and a lot of video Recraps from the show to fill the time.

Show really started about 8:00 p.m after the audition recraps, had intermission from 9:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., and got over at 10:30 p.m. So about 2 hours of dancing.

No judges or Cat live -- all on videos. All of the dancers took turns emceeing and introducing each other.

They all wore the outfits that they were selling in the lobby, and seemed to push buying them. (Most of them were pretty ugly).

It was nice to be able to watch both dancers and the whole group doing the dances. We do miss a lot of the dances because of the horrible camerawork that focuses on just 1 person during a dance.

They did a lot of running gags about how Gev lusted after Courtney but she has a boyfriend. Gev dressed up in a lot of dresses (Russian & Austrian costumes) to get laughs, and kissed Courtney (rebuffed), Chelsie H. (rebuffed) when re-enacting his favorite scene from "The Door" dance, and then Courtney ends with kisssing Gev. All totally choreographed, but Gev was really funny and stole the show.

One thing I noticed was that Katee was not in several of the group dances. I wonder if she had an injury, or if she was just in so many duets that she was getting run down so they spared her from the group dances? Just pure speculation.

Overall, it was a fun evening with lots of favorites. There were some favorite dances that I thought they should have included (Chelsie & Mark Wedding Contemp., Joshua & Katee's Paso Doble & Bollywood, Will & Jessica's shirt dance, and Courtney & Gev's Map dance). And some dances that I was surprised they included (the orange prison jumpsuit Hip Hop from Twitch & Kherington and the lyrical Hip Hop from Courtney & Will (hardly even remembered it from the show). It was my first SYTYCD tour show, and it was pretty good. Hope y'all enjoy the show when it comes to your town.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-11-08, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Has anyone gone to see the live show?"
Oh, I forgot, they spent a whole big segment on the stupid IV Real stuff. They explained why they did it and tried to get everyone in the audience to do it. Only about half the people did it, which considering this was an audience full of screaming mega-fans, even they thought it was too hokey to do.

10-13-08, 11:18 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Has anyone gone to see the live show?"
Thank you for all the inside info!! I can't wait for tomorrow. Since I'm seeing a show in Tulsa, we'll probably get the same "focus" on dancers.

i.can't.wait.

10-15-08, 08:38 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Has anyone gone to see the live show?"
Last night was great! I would highly recommend the live show to anyone who is a fan. I loved the commradarie between the dancers and how they were the ones introducing the dances/each other.

But, I must say, there must be something wrong with Katee. She only danced one dance (No Air). She didn't do any group numbers, didn't do any of the speaking. She was nowhere to be found except the one dance. Odd. I would have LOVED to see more of her.

10-15-08, 09:01 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Has anyone gone to see the live show?"
Well, I guess I found the answer to my own question. It seems Josh dropped Katee during one of their dances sometime last week (I don't know exactly what date it was). The poster on the fox site said that you heard the crack of her back (ouch). I hope she's going to be okay.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-17-08, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Has anyone gone to see the live show?"
I am really hoping that the Canadian bunch will do a tour across Canada. I will be totally there if they come to the west coast! Woo-hoo!

Spooked by Agman

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •