The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD CANADA!!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-05-08, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD CANADA!!!!!"
This Thursday, 8 PM MST. Be there or be square.

*Doing the happy dance*

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!! Snidget 09-05-08 1
 RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!! bullzeye 09-06-08 2
   RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!! qwertypie 09-07-08 3
       The Hostess is... byoffer 09-09-08 5
           RE: The Hostess is... trigirl 09-09-08 6
               RE: The Hostess is... byoffer 09-09-08 7
                   RE: The Hostess is... trigirl 09-10-08 8
                       RE: The Hostess is... byoffer 09-10-08 9
                           RE: The Hostess is... trigirl 09-12-08 16
                               RE: The Hostess is... byoffer 09-12-08 19
           RE: The Hostess is... Maroonclown 09-10-08 11
           RE: The Hostess is... bullzeye 09-13-08 20
               RE: The Hostess is... qwertypie 09-13-08 21
 RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!! trigirl 09-08-08 4
 RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!! Glow 09-10-08 10
 RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!! Maroonclown 09-10-08 12
   RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!! Glow 09-17-08 32
 Episode 1 - Sept 12 byoffer 09-12-08 13
   RE: Episode 1 - Sept 12 Meemo 09-12-08 14
       RE: Episode 1 - Sept 12 byoffer 09-12-08 15
   RE: Episode 1 - Sept 12 trigirl 09-12-08 17
   RE: Episode 1 - Sept 12 qwertypie 09-12-08 18
   RE: Episode 1 - Sept 12 MKitty 09-15-08 27
 Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14 byoffer 09-14-08 22
   RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14 qwertypie 09-14-08 23
       RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14 byoffer 09-15-08 24
           RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14 qwertypie 09-16-08 31
   RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14 trigirl 09-15-08 25
       RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14 byoffer 09-15-08 26
   RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14 sharnina 09-16-08 28
       RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14 qwertypie 09-16-08 30
 view online Meemo 09-16-08 29
   RE: view online Glow 09-17-08 33
       RE: view online Meemo 09-17-08 34
           RE: view online byoffer 09-17-08 35
               RE: view online bullzeye 09-21-08 38
                   RE: view online byoffer 09-22-08 40
 Episode 3 - Wednesday Sept 17 byoffer 09-17-08 36
   RE: Episode 3 - Wednesday Sept 17 qwertypie 09-18-08 37
       RE: Episode 3 - Wednesday Sept 17 MKitty 09-21-08 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-08, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!!"
So gellus!!!

Darn USA TV that won't dare show stuff from other countries.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-06-08, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!!"
I am going to temper my enthusiasm until I actually see it. If it plays as cheesy as some Canadian reality shows (How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria), or has a host(ess) that svcks a$$ (Ben Mulroney), then I will ditch it pretty quickly.

Hopefully back in a week to laud the show.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

09-07-08, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!!"
Well, I would think you would feel the hostess would be easier on your eyes than Ben Mulroney (don't worry, I won't tell Cat). If she is uber annoying you can always hit the mute button .

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-08, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "The Hostess is..."
Leah Miller.

Here is her bio on the CTV website.

She has been a host on MuchMusic "Much on Demand" show for a while now. She has also done a bunch of their spring break shows from Florida where she runs around on the beach in a bikini interviewing spring-breakers. The bikini pretty much guarantees any guy will talk to her.

And for Bullzeye, here is a picture...

She is 5 years younger than Cat Deeley.
Are you calling "Dibs!"??

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-09-08, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Hostess is..."
She drives me craaazy on Much and I am sorry...she is not even in the same league as Cat, but I will give her a chance.

bouncey by Ice

09-09-08, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Hostess is..."
Physically she is very attractive.

Her character on MM is one very much tailored to the teen audience, so probably annoying to most adults. It will be interesting to see if she has an adult character for SYTYCD that we can tolerate. Otherwise she will not be a strong part of this show!

09-10-08, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Hostess is..."
....are you saying that I am too old to be watching MUCH....

bouncey by Ice

09-10-08, 11:07 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Hostess is..."
My comment would be that the target audience for Much On Demand and those Beach Break shows on Much are younger than the target audience for SYTYCD.

I am making no comment about your age, but will say that you look marvelous!

09-12-08, 10:48 AM (EST)
16. "RE: The Hostess is..."
THAT is the compliment I was fishing for.

bouncey by Ice

09-12-08, 01:25 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The Hostess is..."
I would say more, if you would be kind enough to Manga yourself!

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-08, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Hostess is..."
She will never do. No way, no how.

Slicey rocks!

09-13-08, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Hostess is..."
And for Bullzeye, here is a picture...

Hubba Hubba Hubba!! Yowza even!!

I suppose she is somewhat atractive, if you are into Godesses that type.

Are you calling "Dibs!"??

Now what kind of a guy would that make me? It took a long time for me to realize that Cat and I were meant to be together. Long talks, long walks on the beach, plenty of soul searching to ensure we were compatible. It took me months before I even realized she was a beauty on the outside as well.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

09-13-08, 07:58 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The Hostess is..."
*SNERK!*

09-08-08, 07:05 PM (EST)
4. "RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!!"
Thanks for the heads up!!! Gotta go set my timer. yippee

bouncey by Ice

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-08, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!!"
I am so freaking gellus, I can't stand it.

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-08, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!!"
Why is everyone so gellus of SYTYCD Canada? Idol Canada has proved to be an American-lite, what makes y'all think this will be any different?

Choice of hostess should be a red flag.

Slicey rocks!

09-17-08, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: SYTYCD CANADA!!!!!"
I? am gellus because of this.

09-12-08, 08:16 AM (EST)
13. "Episode 1 - Sept 12"
So how do you guys want to discuss this show? Should we stay in this thread until we get to the top 12 (or 20 or whatever)?

I certainly didn't have the energy last night to host ala Snidget for the US show!

Last night was good. Leah Miller was mostly just a roving reporter, and only had a bit part. She is certainly not Cat, but at the end of the day this show is about dancing and not hosting. Right??

Some great dancers. Interesting that over a 2 hour show they only had a handful of obviously bad dancers. I actually loved the guy who does the parkeur (if I am spelling that correctly). That is the guy who jumps of buildings, does flips, etc. I was really impressed by his control in his maneuvers. The judges noted the errors in his performance, but I thought the good parts were really good.

Great start. Ep 2 is Sunday.

Meemo 3517 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-12-08, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 1 - Sept 12"
Yeah, I had it on in the background, as I usually don't really get into it until the top 20.

But overall, I give high praise to the producers of the show for keeping the overall style just like the regular ol' SYTYCD. From a production standpoint, other than a couple of different jidges, and the lack of a British accent, you'd think you were watching the regular show.

Mary did manage to get on my nerves within the first 30 minutes though.

I thought Leah Miller did a great job.... not too overstated.... endearing (hugging the little kids) and seemed to be having a good time.

And Glowie? There was quite a bit of Blake (who ran the choreography boot camp), including him fighting the judges (particularly Mary) to let one of the dancers through to choreography. They let the guy through, but he got cut in the end.

I'll continue to tune in.... and dance.

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

09-12-08, 10:39 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 1 - Sept 12"
My kids had never seen Mary before, and were shocked by how amazing she is. She was so impressed with the talent she talked about moving to Canada. And I said I would never leave...

Speaking of hugging, what surprised me was all the hugging that was going on between the judges and the competitors. Does that happen on the US version? It seemed that a high number of those who got tickets to the next round were also getting hugs from judges.

09-12-08, 10:54 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 1 - Sept 12"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-08 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

Yeah...let's keep this thread going for a little while.

Leah...was okay. Annoyed me less than I thought she would.

Audition part usually drives me crazy. I was pleasantly surprised. Some great talent. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED when Blake got in Mary's face. I think I am going to like him.

What was the song that Kherington Breanne Wong used for her audition. She was the one with the 'Brains not Bombs' t-shirt? I am trying to find it on i-tunes. LOVED it. Sounded like Emily Haines...maybe..kinda.

bouncey by Ice

ETA:
Found the answer on another board. Song is "The Story" by Brandi Carlile.

09-12-08, 12:41 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 1 - Sept 12"
Pleased, I am.

I like that there were so few bad dancers featured.
Not crazy about the number of females who moved like they were auditioning for a strip club that got through
Mary's laugh got uber irritating, but the only Mary scream seemed genuine and OK.
And I worry about the camera work (I don't need to see the judges faces, I want to see the feet damnit!), but I am cautiously optimistic that it may be better than SYTYCD USA
The host was pretty good.
Blake is going to be fun to watch.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-08, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Episode 1 - Sept 12"
I'm here! A little late for the party as I have had a house full of company all weekend, so I taped Thursday's and Sunday's show. Have watched Thursday (forced my reluctant inlaws to watch..they loved it), but haven't watched Ep.2 yet as they are STILL HERE until tomorrow. Yikes, leave already in- laws so I can get back to my life..and Biggest Loser starts tomorrow so they HAVE to be gone..LOL..

Anyway, I am a happy camper and really looking forward to this season. Yes, LOVE Blake ( I had missed the first season of SYTYCD...but had certainly heard enough about him), and it did seem so far that the judges seemed a lot nicer. However, maybe it was just a lucky run. I am waiting to see if "Sex" comes up from the States and auditions!! WOO-HOO!

Goin' Tuscan from Surfkitten 2008

09-14-08, 09:27 PM (EST)
22. "Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14"
Starts with Vancouver. Lots of crappy dancers (big change from Toronto).

Interesting that Emmanuele Sandhu auditions. 3 time Canadian champion figure skater. Actually does a triple axel in his dance routine. Very flambouyant, and the problem with him as a skater was always that he never delivered. He goes straight to the finals. I will be really interested to see what he does.

09-14-08, 11:02 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14"
Holy crap that was Emmanuel Sandhu! (We came in a little late to the party)

Very interesting......

09-15-08, 09:56 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14"
Okay, qwerty, you are more of a dance critic than me. What did you think of Sandhu? Mary said parts of his routine were among the best she has seen. Then he did his little hand thing that she hated. Is a triple axel a dance move?

Interesting that his website (http://www.emanuelsandhu.com/) actually says that his focus is on skating at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver. With Jeffrey Buttle'sd recent retirement, maybe Sandhu can get back to the top in Canada. (for Canada's sake, I hope there is someone else rising through the ranks to represent in Vancouver. Sandhu was always too flaky on the ice for my liking)

09-16-08, 10:08 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14"
I didn't focus much on his dancing because I was starting an acute attack of gastroenteritis or something similar. Morphine = really good stuff.

Anyhow -- I agree with you Emmanuel has some moments of brilliance but is completely unreliable in skating competition. I am intrigued what he is going to do here.

09-15-08, 10:20 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14"
We had power outages here....vestiges of Ike I guess...Sandhu tried out?! wow.

Did I miss anything else?

bouncey by Ice

09-15-08, 11:06 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14"
First hour was Vancouver, and there was a lot of crap. Sandhu auditioned there. There was a long lean lovely who I thought was doing great until she pulled a hamstring. The judges agreed, sending her to Toronto and giving her more time to heal.

Second hour was Halifax. There was a celtic step dancer, who was very good in her style but killed in choreography. Also a ballerina who was very good en pointe, but also has a modern dance background. She came across as very cute (character) and could do well.

The judges were very different in each city. Vancouver had Mary, Paul Becker, and Jean Marc Genereux. The guys seemed to promote a couple of hotties who were marginal dancers. Mary called them on it, and at the end did the same with a hunkie guy.

In Halifax the judges were Tre Armstrong, Melissa Williams, and Dan Karatay. These judges were probably closer to the street dancers.

Other "events":
- one girl broke her foot on a leap (landing). They froze the video with her foot in a bad way and it was "yikes!". Poor kid.
- Too many sob stories for my liking. "doing this for mom who died", "dancing for the handicapped kids I mentor", etc, etc. At one stage the contestant and Jean Marc (who has a disabled child) were both bawling away.
- Halifax had a rather large girl audition. She wasn't bad, but could never be right for the competition. They did put her through to chreography, and despite her size she did alright. But no ticket.
- Halifax also had a french Canadian couple audition who are a competitive ballroom team. They were excellent as a team, but the judges also wanted to see them apart so off to choreography. They did very well there. They also happen to be a couple couple (maybe married?) and some of the banter with the judges was either lost in translation or just weird about "working with other partners". I thought the guy was better than the girl in that couple.
- I would say this episode had more of Leah Miller than the first episode. And it wasn't good. I love oobies, but the way her were pushing out was crass. Cat wouldn't do it that way *waves to Bullz*

Wednesday is the Montreal auditions.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-16-08, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14"
Do you think I would be able to see this on CBC here in Washington? Reading tv listings is confusing so I'm not sure. Would love to see this show.

GUESS WHAT! I got a FEV-ah -- and the only pre-SCRIP-tion
-- is MORE COWBELL!

Shar's World

09-16-08, 10:03 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Episode 2 - Sunday Sept 14"
It's shown on CTV here rather than CBC. But maybe you could down load some stuff from the CTV.ca website?

09-16-08, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "view online"
Clips available here:

http://shows.ctv.ca/2007/

Click on SYTYCD. It's got highlights from the shows.

09-17-08, 02:18 PM (EST)
33. "RE: view online"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-08 AT 02:20 PM (EST)

thanks for the linkage, meeeeeeeeeeeeemo!

FYI, videos are not available in my region.

09-17-08, 02:39 PM (EST)
34. "RE: view online"
I was afraid that might be the case.

You can always see some of the content on youtube:

http://tinyurl.com/4f3n22

09-17-08, 03:29 PM (EST)
35. "RE: view online"
Good find, Meemo

This video has as the second individual the audition of Emannuel Sandhu...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA_hSfmc6Qc

I really think this guy is a flake, but if he can get to choreography they might clean up his flakiness. Can they also tame his ego?

09-21-08, 12:44 PM (EST)
38. "RE: view online"
I'm just getting caught up on the show and watched the Vancouver/Halifax auditions last night. Shandu reminded me how much I don't like him - very prima donna - very drama queen. I was actually a bit disappointed he made it to the finals but he is a pretty good dancer. I just can't get past his ego - at all.

All in all, I am pretty blown away with the level of talent I have seen so far!

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

09-22-08, 03:47 PM (EST)
40. "RE: view online"
I can't see the judges not putting him through to the top 20 based on talent. But then the voters will let him go, as they won't like his person.

09-17-08, 09:50 PM (EST)
36. "Episode 3 - Wednesday Sept 17"
I'm just sitting here with leaky eyes after that girl in the wheelchair auditioned. Good for her. What a great message.

Lots of good stuff tonight. It seems we are seeing more "direct to Toronto" auditions than those being sent to choreography. I prefer to just see the good dancers, so no complaints from me.

09-18-08, 00:31 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Episode 3 - Wednesday Sept 17"
And nice to see that they will send dancers from all genres straight through, rather than the bias shown by the american counterparts.

So we get to wait 2 weeks until the fun begins.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-08, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Episode 3 - Wednesday Sept 17"
Yeah, I am so excited. There are some great dancers out there. I am looking forward to seeing the top twenty. I will be very interested to see how Mr. Ego Sandhu does!!

Tribe manga'd my mug

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •