The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Solo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wiggle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-26-07, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wiggle Click to send private message to Wiggle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Solo"
Like others, I thought the solo thing got pretty boring pretty fast, but at least it was short, and I thought it was actually a better way to judge the dancers than the usual "dance for your life" when they do their own thing and often desperately need a choreographer to help them out.

Also, cheesy as it was, my 11 year-old LOVED the peace sign thing, did it with them by the second routine, and repeated it herself at least once after each solo. And she is of course much more the demographic they're after (and that dials and redials) than her old mum!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Solo SilverStar 07-26-07 1
   RE: Solo Breezy 07-26-07 5
   RE: Solo emydi 07-26-07 6
 RE: Solo Glow 07-26-07 2
   RE: Solo finallytyping 07-26-07 3
       RE: Solo rycotasam 07-26-07 7
 RE: Solo jbug 07-26-07 4
 RE: Solo trigirl 07-17-08 8
   RE: Solo Sagebrush Dan 07-17-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-26-07, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Solo"
I've been thinking about this, and I think a much better idea would have been to have the entire song play and have them each dance one after another. It would still be choreographed and they would each get their time in the spotlight, but they wouldn't all be doing the same exact thing. Does that make sense? In other words, choreograph to the entire song and have each person do a part. Maybe have the girls do it once and the guys do it again, because there wouldn't be enough time to have 10 people dance through 1 playing of the song.

I really did like the solo, I just didn't like seeing it 10 times.

Star <3 Tribe

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-07, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Solo"
At first I thought that might be what they were going to do. I liked the idea of the choregraphed solos... now they just have to fine tune the idea.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-07, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Solo"
They'd have to put Lacey last bc she'd never leave the stage

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-07, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Solo"
I wasn't bored with it at all. I liked the idea and I think it did what it was supposed to do. We saw who executed the choreography well and we saw who succeeded in putting their own stamp on the choreography. I would have liked to have seen them all back to back.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-26-07, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Solo"
I felt there was confusion as to whether or not the
dancers were supposed to "put their own stamp" on the
choreography. It seems Nigel expected it and criticized a few
for not doing it, but then when Pasha put his ballroom head
tilts in, he was panned for it. I know that ballroom head tilts
might have no place in a contemporary piece, but he was
"making it his own." I think it would have been interesting
if they were required to do the dance completely in their
style. That would have shown creativity, especially in the
ballroom genre. I don't think too many ballroom dancers end
their routine with a peace sign...

rycotasam 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-26-07, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rycotasam Click to send private message to rycotasam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Solo"
I also thought it showed the differences in the dancers well. It also showed how much "personality" they could give the piece. Most seemed to just copy what they were taught. I only started to watch the show last season and feel there were a lot more characters that I was invested in than this year. There doesn't seem to be anyone that I am rooting for.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-07, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Solo"
I got bored with it as well. But then I've been bored with almost all of the solos all season. I much prefer the couples dances and the whole group routines.

Agman says I'm GREEN. (Is there a message in that?)

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-17-08, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Solo"
I have a question about the Solo's and wasn't sure where to put it.....

Do they choreograph their own solo's? Do they get help? Presumably they would have to work on a new solo every week....right?

bouncey by Ice

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-08, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Solo"
I did a double take when I saw the post about this disaster. Then I read your post. Oh.

Last year Wade Robson choreographed the solos for the first night of the top 10, and every.person.did.the.same.solo.to.the.same.#####.song! Boring fast. The above-mentioned disaster.

I'm not sure who choreographs the solos, but they generally do a new one each week. It's hard to tell with some whether it's new or not. They try to do one within their specialty so that we can see them at their finest. Like Kherington last night.

By the way, it would have been okay to start a new thread on this rather than resurrect an old one that it not on the first page.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •