The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 3 Rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

pmspml5 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-26-08, 05:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 3 Rankings"
This weeks league of their own:

Katie & Joshua
Chelsie & Mark

Really like in general - just not thrilled with this week:

Twich & Kherington

Honestly - everyone else could go! I was really excited about this season (except for Susie) but now I'm wondering if they are just pared bad because I know many of the others can dance but it just isnt working for me.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 3 Rankings Glow 06-26-08 1
   RE: Week 3 Rankings StarryLuna 06-26-08 2
       RE: Week 3 Rankings MKitty 06-26-08 10
   RE: Week 3 Rankings DoodleBug 06-26-08 11
 RE: Week 3 Rankings emydi 06-26-08 3
   RE: Week 3 Rankings Snidget 06-26-08 4
       RE: Week 3 Rankings emydi 06-26-08 5
   RE: Week 3 Rankings Glow 06-26-08 7
 RE: Week 3 Rankings Sagebrush Dan 06-26-08 6
 RE: Week 3 Rankings LostAddict 06-26-08 8
 RE: Week 3 Rankings djandy 06-26-08 9
 RE: Week 3 Rankings SilverStar 06-26-08 12
   RE: Week 3 Rankings Glow 06-27-08 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-26-08, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
--- these two couples have not disappointed ---
1. Mark and Chelsie!! - I love them. I love them. He's magical. She's perfect. Lyrical hip hop is magnificent. Thank you Napolean and Tabitha. Mark is the perfect example of what I mean when I say I try not to expect anybody to wow me. I try not to expect too much because my bar is set so high... at Blake. I never ever expect anything as shiny and beautiful. Danny floored me. He floors me still. And now this season, I have Mark. I won't say that he's near my Blake pedestal yet but I definitely see that he has potential to come within reach of it. I won't say that he's floored me yet but his intensity and ability has me staggered.

2. Joshua and Katee! - They are the cutest of the cute and quite strong. I think they're fantastic. *peeks through fingers at Josh's bum*

--- really like these three couples ---
3. Twitch and Kherington - I didn't expect her to do as well as she did so now I'm not sure if she did really well or just okay. I'd love to see her dance in some of those shoes she buys so we can all get over ShoeGate.
4. Gev and Courtney - They've not had a disappointing showing and they are adorable.
5. Matt and Kourtni - I wanted them to be my favorite couple but they're not. I like them well enough but they're outshined by the shinies. LOVE Kourtni's tattoo. LOVE Sonya Tayeh. I hope she's around a lot.

--- give her something to excel at ---
6. William and Jessica - she just keeps getting outdanced by her partner. She is beautiful and she is a great dancer. He's just more beautiful and a greater dancer. I love how she tried to cover up his mistake at the end.

--- the next two couples to go ---
7. Chris and Comfort - I was so excited when I heard what the song was. meh. Another that could have been wonderful and should have been saved for better dancers.
8. Thayne and Chelsea - Unimpressive three weeks in a row.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-26-08, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
Mine would be identical to yours so I'll just have to say ditto!

Place witty comment here.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-26-08, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
Yup, another total **DITTO** for me (like my Mary scream? )

Goin' Tuscan from Surfkitten 2008

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
I'm in total agreement with you and think some of the bottom folks should be repartnered....

Chris and Chelsea should go then Thayne could be partnered with Comfort. I think Chris's height is not working for tiny Comfort. I don't think a Chris and Chelsea pairing would work. I'd honestly be happy with either one of these couples leaving.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
Okay, maybe I was tired but I didn't think last nite's show was all that great. I kept saying to myself...when is this dance going to be over....

1. Josh/Katee-WOWZIE Josh has the Samba hips doesn't he?!? And he really does have the sweetest smile. FTR, I said first during the dance that Katee found the other half of Courtney's dress and that Josh's pants were painted on. This was good but Josh made it great imho

2. Courtney/Gev-This Rumba was a close second. Courtney was better than Katee (Josh Courtney dance after t10? maybe) very sexy and this did remind me of Dombra from last year. (where was Hok anyway Glowie, did you see him?)

3. Mark/Chelsie H-hip pop. I liked this story and they played the characters very well (they are probably the best couple at doing this) Mark again is growing on me but something still bothers me a bit about him. I really liked the when Mark's hand was on Chelsie' upper chest and heart beating. However, I did not like her costume...is that what a "housewife" is supposed to look like?? His on the other hand was very nice suit.

Although I like softer hip pop at times I like the harder stuff...that is what cont is for!

I might agree with Adam that they are couple to beat except for the audience applause at beg for Josh and Twitch

4. Twitchington-hip hop..good story but not as well pulled off as Marksie. I didn't believe smiling Kerrington was an escaped felon. this was good but not as great as the jidge's overpimping

5. Chris/Comfort-african jazz. I liked this alot their best but I said to myself it wasn't hard enough for the music(great choice MarilynManson) Nigel was right on his Power comment and about the sheets...I kept waiting for them to use them. I don't think they will be saved tho

6. Kourtni/Matt-cont. Ok that was meh I hated the choreo and the costumes were hideous. This is one of the dances i said to myself...gAW when is this going to be over

7. Jessica/Will-disco-major overpimping here. I thought it was disjointed and that swing that Nigel mentioned was horrible...it looked like he dropped her. I really hate disco
again...when will this be OVER!

8. Chelsea/Thayne-quick step...first off why do they torture these kids with this genre? Second the song chosen was totally wrong for the dance..it was too modern. Their dance was too slow and again I was bored very quickly

*twitch*
Thanks tribey!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
Just a note I also commented on the 1/2 dresses before Nigel did.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
I just finished reading ECUT and saw I was def not alone on that comment but I remember saying Dy-amn that butt! first

06-26-08, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
"(where was Hok anyway Glowie, did you see him?)"

I thought I saw his forehead when they showed Dom but I wasn't sure and I didn't notice the camera ever going back that way.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-08 AT 09:03 AM (EST)

1. Mark and Chelsie — Mark is a huge surprise. What a chameleon. Amazing performer, spot on dancer, and delivers each week with something that transcends the dance itself. Chelsie was a little weak last week, but she came up to it here.

2. Joshua and Katee — Quite wonderful, but I thought they were a smidge better last week. For me at least, Katee is like Mark in that she is also a chameleon and has the ability to transcend the dance.

3. Twitch and Kherington — I noticed that the opening dance is usually good, not great. I couldn't understand why they put these two at the beginning until I saw the other really great dances. These two were good, but there was no sense of transcendence here.

4. Matt and Kourtni — this was a surprise tonight. Had they been consistently this good, I would have put them in #3.

5.Gev and Courtney — Gev has yet to really impress me. I'd like to see her with a more compatible partner.

6. Will and Jessica — I can't wait until she goes just to give Will a chance to shine. I feel bad for her, but it just isn't there.

7. Chris and Comfort — Comfort keeps this out of the bottom. Chris was dead weight.

8. Thayne and Chelsea — They just keep getting worse (or the others keep getting better).

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-26-08, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
Top- Standing ovations from me!
Joshua and Katee — These 2 were awesome last night!
Mark and Chelsie — This hip-hop was fanfriggintastic! I am absolutely loving Napolean & Tabitha

Mid-High Fan-whistle and big clap from me
Twitch and Kherington — I am still in Twitchington Nation, but they are going to have to step it up to be #1. I loved the routine (again, I'm loving N&T), but I think the orange jumpsuits were just to distracting for me. To much orange up there. I couldn't focus on their movements.
Matt and Kourtni — I love Matt & Kortni and am glad that they had a great week. I also liked Sonja's coreography. A different type of contemporary. I hope she comes back.

Mid-Low I clapped. Loudly.
Gev and Courtney — I liked the routine and thought they did a good job, but they are just meh for me.
Will and Jessica — I like will, I think he's good, maybe not so much as his pimpage, but I like him. Jessica needs to go.

Low-(but not lowest) I watched.
Chris and Comfort — I didn't get this dance. I liked the song, I hoped for the best, but no delivery. I loved the african dance last year, this one just wasn't there.

Worst- I fast forwarded.
Thayne and Chelsea — Need to go home. I don't like them, never have. Her "energy" is getting on my nerves.

Surfkitten summer sigshop

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-26-08, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-08 AT 10:40 AM (EST)

1.) Mark & Chelsie H. - I loved the dancing, but her facial expressions also add a lot to the dance. Consistently great across 3 different styles.
2.) Joshua & Katee - Joshua had great Samba hips. She was not as flowy in parts, but she still did a great job. Also 3 strong performances.
3.) Gev & Courtney G. - A very nice rumba from the 2 Contemps.
4.) Matt & Kourtni L. - Very weird movement, but it did showcase their dance training. Also hated the costumes.
5.) Twitch & Kherington - Good but not great. Still, 3 good performances in a row.
6.) Comfort & Chris - I actually enjoyed the dance. It was different and I thought they did well for it not being either one of their styles. The judges' favoritism is showing that they want these two gone NOW in their overly critical comments.
7.) Thayne & Chelsea T. - Pretty tentative and boring, but at least they got the steps right.
8.) Will & Jessica - Boring Disco AND they made multiple mistakes. Jessica looked like she wasn't hitting it as hard and cheesy as she could. It looked like Will dropped Jessica on the death spiral, Will's reach down at the end, and Jessica stopped dancing several times like she didn't know where in the dance she was. I really don't like Jessica. I agree that Will is a great dancer, but the unearned pimpage of Jessica just to save the partnership and/or Will makes me not like him as much either. Drop the dead weight Jessica so I can see him with another partner and then maybe I won't be so negative on him too.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
Gawd this season is soooo disappointing. I'm bored to tears most of the time, and the other times I'm just wanting to strangle the judges. *sigh* What happened to the magic of this show?!

Anyhoo...

1. Chelsie/Mark-- Damn you Nap/Tab for yet another hip hop routine that makes me cry. So beautiful. Chelsie's emotion in this routine had me bawling. Loved it. LOVE them.

2. Katee/Joshua-- Woo! That was great. Very hot and they both worked it. Way to go.

3. Courtney/Gev-- Another hot routine. I love Courtney, I think she's gorgeous and a wonderful dancer. Honestly, Gev kind of fades into the background for me. I never find myself watching him, my eyes are always on Courtney.

Everyone else can go home and they aren't even worth my time to rank.
General thoughts:
-Will really outshined Jessica (and even though the judges keep saying it, I think this week is the only one where it's actually true.)
-I want so much to love Twitch and Matt, but they are just lacking something. Maybe it's because I hate their partners.
- Tyce's routine for Chris and Comfort would have been AWESOME with some better dancers. I was really excited for the first few seconds, thinking I'd finally get the stand-out routine I've been waiting 3 weeks for! And then blah.

SHOW!! Get better NOW!!!!!

Flashy moves by Tribe!

06-27-08, 11:43 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Week 3 Rankings"
Awww. I'm so sorry you're disappointed. I really dislike Nigel. A lot. I'm so used to "judge" manipulation on these shows though so I just watch to see if there's anybody who stands out (for me). Mark is such a stand out star, I can't imagine anybody else taking this season. Who knows if that's the direction their heading though? I'm gonna have to say it is, at this point.

I'm really liking Napoleon and Tabitha (and their sometimes too literal choreography) and I love Sonya Tayeh (Melody from S1 works with her). I love that they're mixing up the choreographers but I really do miss Shane and Wade. I think, even if I hated every one of the top 20, I would still love this show because of the genius of Mia and Wade.

Also, I really enjoyed Adam Shankeman this week.

Courtney reminds me of somebody from some television show (that I don't think I watched).

"Tyce's routine for Chris and Comfort would have been AWESOME with some better dancers."

ITA

A ho's (and Snidge's) work is never done.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •