The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WILL"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

sunshine26 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-19-08, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sunshine26 Click to send private message to sunshine26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WILL"
sorry JMO but Will should NOT be on SYTYCD..just not right in my eyes, Will has achance to make it big...with debbie Allen, the other dancers on this show dont have a foot in the door as Will does....they should have NEVER put him on the show, it is the shows fault..BUT Ms: Allen can and will get Will work as a dancer, therefore i say he needs to be voted off, and i hope he is in the b3 everyweek, so the judges can know that most of the veiwers are not happy with this...so NOT fair to the other dancers! again JMO BUT i really think i am right on this!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WILL Snidget 06-19-08 1
 RE: WILL StarryLuna 06-19-08 2
 RE: WILL trigirl 06-19-08 3
 RE: WILL Sagebrush Dan 06-20-08 4
   RE: WILL Snidget 06-20-08 5
       RE: WILL sunshine26 06-20-08 6
           RE: WILL Snidget 06-20-08 7
               RE: WILL sunshine26 06-24-08 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-19-08, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WILL"
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-08 AT 01:12 PM (EST)

I listed some of what we know about the professional experience of all of them.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID99/215.shtml#12

Twitch has connections with Wade, a couple of them were in big productions, etc. Twitch isn't the only one that has connections with judges/choreographers on the show.

Why pick on Will for his connections? Just because his got highlighted and the other ones you have to dig around a bit to find out?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-19-08, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WILL"
Nowadays, it's next to impossible to find someone on a reality competition show like this who hasn't had some professional experience. The television exposure is just too valuable for them to avoid it. And lets be honest, we probably would not enjoy watching amateur dancers half as much as we enjoy watching the ones who get cast.

Place witty comment here.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-19-08, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WILL"
He totally belongs on the show. nuf said

bouncey by Ice

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-08, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WILL"
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-08 AT 01:14 AM (EST)

Like you, I was frustrated about the pros a couple years ago when I found out that both Benji and Travis were pros. Then I realized, as stated above, this show would be more of a joke if it were simply amateurs stumbling around on stage. That happened plenty in season two as it was. The amateurs were fun to root for, but most of them were just plain dull. The pros are what makes this so entertaining and educational.

Will could have a great future with Debbie Allen, but with the exposure from this show, he will have an even greater future with Debbie Allen. Don't think for one second that their relationship is over. It will definitely continue after the season, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was coaching him on the side as this show progresses.

ETA: As far has having a foot in the door, that worked against Lauren last year. As for his connections and experience, you can see that he is one in a crowd if you follow Snidget's link.

06-20-08, 06:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WILL"
Yep, doing well on this show and the kind of exposure you get should give you a leg up no matter what other connection you have. After all the general public isn't likely to know the name of top dancers unless they've had some sort of exposure like this. Any producer is going to know that they will get some fans in the audience just from the name alone and in the end it is about making money and all things being equal someone that will bring the crowd in with a name has an advantage over someone equally good that nobody knows.

06-20-08, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sunshine26 Click to send private message to sunshine26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WILL"
sorry, everyone did not get my point, i think it is GREAT that these dancers have danced in a show, and they are pros, sure they are pros they can dance,and i also dont want to watch people who cant dance, so sure there will be pros on the show, that wasnt what i was saying, there is so many people that feel like this, and i really believe when it comes down to the single vote. Will , is going to be one of the first to go, he doesnt have the fanbase as some of the others do, and alot know, that Will is going to be just fine without this show!

06-20-08, 10:45 AM (EST)
7. "RE: WILL"
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-08 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

I guess my point is most of these dancers will be just fine without the show so I don't see why his just fine is different from anyone else's just fine because of the people on the show he happens to have a connection to Debbie Allen.

Some of the have lesser connections to other choreographers/judges on the show they just didn't make a big deal about it. It may not be as close, so it may not require someone to step down.

The dance community is a lot smaller than the singing one and even on AI you find that a lot of the good singers have connections one way or another to the people running/judging the show.

I'm just glad we ran out of siblings, finally.

ETA. Most people on the show won't have a fan base that gets them to the finale, so what if he is just another one of the fodder that is expected to be voted out before the chosen ones get to the finale?

06-24-08, 09:43 AM (EST)
8. "RE: WILL"
hahahaha......poping in to say, i still hope Will goes into the b3....i still believe he has achance far more than the other dancers of making it...i know the other dancers have been in shows etc etc,,BUT they dont have debbie allen to get them a job anytime they want one....JMO but i think Ms: Allen wants Will on the show to just have the title of america's best dancer...it's not that i dont think Will is a good dancer its just that i think why even put him on the show...makes no sense at all...when he could prob get any job he wanted, Will already has a foot in the door!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •