The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 2 Rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

pmspml5 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-19-08, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 2 Rankings"
Ok - I was finally wowed by a few. Before the show started I was worried that although we have great dancers no one was really sparking for me.

A League of Their Own:

Twitch & Kherington
Katie & Joshua (I seriously doubt if they had not played that "I wont come back" clip people would love Katie)
Chelsie & Mark
Courtney G & Gev (really they done fit here but arent bad enough to be below)

Need to be traded (paired up differently):

Chelsea & Thayne
Kourtni & Matt
Comfor & Chris

Send them to the minors:

Jessica & William
Susie & Marquis

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 2 Rankings Glow 06-19-08 1
 RE: Week 2 Rankings LostAddict 06-19-08 2
 RE: Week 2 Rankings emydi 06-19-08 3
   RE: Week 2 Rankings Glow 06-19-08 10
       RE: Week 2 Rankings Sagebrush Dan 06-19-08 13
 RE: Week 2 Rankings SilverStar 06-19-08 4
   RE: Week 2 Rankings LostAddict 06-19-08 6
   RE: Week 2 Rankings bullzeye 06-19-08 15
       RE: Week 2 Rankings Sagebrush Dan 06-19-08 16
           RE: Week 2 Rankings bullzeye 06-19-08 18
 RE: Week 2 Rankings Sagebrush Dan 06-19-08 5
 RE: Week 2 Rankings StarryLuna 06-19-08 7
   RE: Week 2 Rankings LostAddict 06-19-08 11
 RE: Week 2 Rankings trigirl 06-19-08 8
 RE: Week 2 Rankings citywitch 06-19-08 9
 RE: Week 2 Rankings DoodleBug 06-19-08 12
 RE: Week 2 Rankings frodis 06-19-08 14
 RE: Week 2 Rankings IzzyB68 06-19-08 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-19-08, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
---LOVED---
Kherington and Twitch
Katee and Joshua
Chelsie and Mark
Courtney and Gev
---gap---
Kourtni and Matt
---tied at the bottom---
the rest

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-19-08, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
Twitch & Kherington (I LOVE LOVE LOVE these 2)
Katie & Joshua (I agree. The "I won't come back" thing is hurting her.)

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE

Chelsie & Mark (They did well, I just don't care for them as a couple)
Courtney G & Gev (They did good, but sort of meh for me)

MIDDLE

Chelsea & Thayne
Kourtni & Matt (I love these 2 and SOO want them to do well, but they aren't)
Comfort & Chris (I love Comfort, but this duo just isn't doing it for me)

BOTTOM

Jessica & William (I like Will, but Jessica needs to go. I'd like to see him teamed up with Courtney G.)
Susie & Marquis (They need to go. If she can't even dance her own style bye-bye)

Surfkitten summer sigshop

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
Ok this was a meh week until later in the show

1. Twitchington-WOW, this was just beautiful.. Twitch looked awesome and sexy in the open white shirt. Kherington is beautiful. I understand Mia's comment (maybe not how she made it very condescending, etc) this was a more serious dance and the smiley smile of broadway maybe is not the most appropriate....I was crying along with all of them...

This couple will be around no b3s during initial rounds imho

2. Josh/Katee-I loved this and I'm no bway fan JOsh is amazing

Katee is surprising the judges too...have they forgotten about the quit statement?

This couple imho should not hit B3 in initial rounds (bc of JOsh) but not as strong a lock as Twitchington. If they have a "bad week" in ballroom or something they could be there..and Katee has to worry a bit bc of above

3. Gev/Courtney-gazowbie!!! Gev was amazing...I forgot he was a breaker there..Courtney is so cute too...I loved the choreo of this with the floor and the feet thing...

This couple is in the middle somewhere...I hope they give Gev hip hop next week...

4-5. Tie

Jess/Will-I thought they overhyped Will a bit in hip pop and Jess was not as bad as that...

This couple will be B3 again sometime (maybe even tonite) and Jess will be in real trouble then...I'm not feeling Will as much as the jidges

Chelsie/Mark-ok I still have no idea what a Arg Tango IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE i ask qpie to post a dance every year and then I forget what it looks like. They looked good and Mark last nite was not as icky as I thought last week.

This couple may be safe to F10... people really like Chelsie and Mark may be growing on many

6. Kourtni/Matt-this was ok the ending got better. I like Matt more than Kourtni

This couple is always going to be in danger I think which is surprising...Kourtni seemed like a lock for going long into comp but now who knows

7. Chris/Comfort-meh she was not as good as she could have been and he was just awful

I am very disappointed in Comfort...I think they could be in trouble a lot

8. ChelseaT/Thayne..this was bad but I don't blame Ch/T so much as Mandy and costumer...the choreo was slow and meh and Nigel was right they were horribly dressed.

After this blip tonite (will be in b3) I hope they rebound I like both of them alot

9. Susie/Marquis---I told you glowie It was OOBIES that got her here. She can't even excel in her specialty? gimme a break...and Marquis totally forgettable (but why did they match the two Latino dancers?? I find this odd when there are no afr am couples)

They should be gone after tonite unless Nigel wants some more ogling time...if not tonite then soon

*twitch*

Thanks tribey!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
"Mark last nite was not as icky as I thought last week. "

that's because he was hot

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
Yeah, I loved that look. He was amazing.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
1. Courtney/Gev-- I love Courtney. Love her. This routine was beautiful. I loved her movement and emotion. I didn't even notice Gev, but he did a good job with all the lifts and stuff.

2. Chelsie/Mark-- They are my favorite couple, for sure. This tango was HOT! And I thought it had some very cool moves. They were great.

3. Kherington/Twitch. Lovely dance. Can Kherington not dance in shoes, or what? I've never seen a waltz done in bare feet and I found it really odd. But still, they did a wonderful job.

-gap-

4. Katee/Joshua-- Meh. I HATE most of the Broadway routines and I thought this one was highly overpraised. But they did great with Tyce's stupid, hyper choreography and I like the pair of them, so that's good enough for 4th place.

5. Kourtni/Matt-- It was ok. I really can't stand Kourtni, but I love Matt, so it's an odd pairing for me. They did good, not great.

6. Jessica/Will-- It wasn't bad. Just kind of in the middle. I think they both need to step it up. Hell, I think everyone needs to step it up because this season is boring me to death. *sigh*

7. Comfort/Chris-- Another just ok number for me. Nigel is a freaking idiot. I don't ever need to see him "krumping" again.

8. Susie/Marquis-- They can go home now, please. Marquis did have some interesting movement, but it wasn't suited to the salsa. Susie was pretty much a mess. A not-hot tranny mess. Seriously, she looks like a dude, and it's distracting.

9. Chelsea/Thayne-- zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Huh? There was a dance routine from them tonight? Oh, no. It was just a bunch of walking around. LAME!

Flashy moves by Tribe!

06-19-08, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
Susie was pretty much a mess. A not-hot tranny mess. Seriously, she looks like a dude, and it's distracting.

That's it! I don't like her because she looks too much like a man!!

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-19-08, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
Meh. I HATE most of the Broadway routines and I thought this one was highly overpraised.

Don't mind me - I'll just be over in the corner sobbing my eyes out.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

The Broadway routines are some of my favorites.

06-19-08, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
*comforts Bullzy* There there.

I love the Broadway stuff, too.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
*Snif*

I luv ya man.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

06-19-08, 09:43 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
I'm right there with you on most, pmsp15.

Twitch and Kherington (although I'd place Kherington much higher, if possible)
Katee and Joshua (I think her quit statement was an of the moment thing, which she no doubt regrets. I am surprised by her)
Chelsie and Mark (I'm tired of the word "quirky". He is a chameleon so far. I hope both continue to grow)
Courtney G and Gev (I thought the judges were too kind to Gev)

Middle
Chelsea and Thayne (Thayne: you're getting annoying. Chelsea: Become even more mahvelous, dahling)
Kourtni and Matt (You're only this high because of Kourtni — I still have hopes for her)

Bottom
Comfort and Chris (not able to really break out, yet)
Jessica and William (William would probably do better with a better partner)
Susie and Marquis (Marquis was better, but Susie really needed to use her slut-hood to advantage)

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
Twitch & Kherington - When I first saw they'd be paired together, I was worried that the producers were throwing two of the most popular (aka got the most coverage) from the audition rounds to guarantee they'd make the final 10 and the tour. However, they just wowed me last night and combined with their first routine they will be around for a good long while.

Chelsie & Mark - I thought that was great, even though I never know what exactly an Argentine Tango is. Mark, to me, especially did a great job since he was out of his comfort zone.

Courtney & Gev - Very pretty dance, although we've seen similar choreography before. Still, compared to many of the others, they were great.

Katee & Joshua - Tyce threw in everything but the kitchen sink, didn't he? I wasn't crazy about the choreography - it was just too much, imho. But they definitely attacked it and went after everything he gave them.

Bottom (none of the others really stood out to me.)
Kourtni & Matt - so much potential, but sometimes they just look so awkward together. I don't know if it's their heights or what.

Jessica & William - Eh. She wasn't as bad as the judges made her out to be.

Chelsea & Thayne - Eh again. I blame this one on the choreography and the costumer though.

Comfort & Chris - and Eh one more time. I was really excited to see Comfort in her own style and was completely underwhelmed. She's adorable to be sure, but I've not been impressed yet.

Susie & Marquis - Like Comfort, I expected much more from Susie in this routine. I thought maybe I'd finally see why the judges kept her around. Nope, not so much.

Looking at my bottom 5, I realized that part of the reason I didn't like the performances was that there wasn't much interaction between the couples during the dance. A lot of this can be blamed on the choreography, especially in the non-ballroom routines. If they're going to stand 10 feet apart and dance, what's the point of being in a couple? We've seen hip-hop performances where there is plenty of interplay between the couple - just look at Katee & Josh a week ago or (still my favorite hip-hop) the umbrella routine by Allison and Ivan in season 2.

Place witty comment here.

06-19-08, 02:47 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
Looking at my bottom 5, I realized that part of the reason I didn't like the performances was that there wasn't much interaction between the couples during the dance. A lot of this can be blamed on the choreography, especially in the non-ballroom routines. If they're going to stand 10 feet apart and dance, what's the point of being in a couple? We've seen hip-hop performances where there is plenty of interplay between the couple - just look at Katee & Josh a week ago or (still my favorite hip-hop) the umbrella routine by Allison and Ivan in season 2.

I agree!! But it's not just that there was no interaction as in touching, but it's like each dancer was dancing their own dance without even paying attention to the other. We watched Tranji 2 years ago and they didn't "interact" but it was an awesome routine! The dancers just have to be together rather than doing their own thing. I too blame a lot of this on choreography, I don't like Cicile & Olisa for that reason. It seems like their routines have the dancers as 2 separate entities rather than 2 dancers dancing together.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-19-08, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
1. Twitchington
2. Joshua and Katee
3. Will

gap

4. Mark and Chelsie
5. Gev and Courtney G

big gap

Jessica
6. Chelsea and Thayne
7. Comfort and Chris
8. Susie and Marquis
9. Kourtni and Matt

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-19-08, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
LOVELY
Twitchington - beautiful! LOVED their emotion - think Kher was smiling with the joy of what they were doing & who they were doing it for.

Josh/Katee - also not really a B-way or Tyce fan, but this was great

Gev/Courtney - not a fan of hers, but loved this routine & this song

MEH
Kourtni/Matt - I love them but don't love what they do

Jess/Will - I like them too but this was just ok

Chelsie/Mark - another couple I like, this was pretty good

A NOT-HOT TRANNY MESS
Comfort/Chris - he was awful

Chelsea/Thayne - they were both not great

Susie/Marquis - they were both awful - imho this should be the couple to go, don't really want to see either of them paired with anyone else

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
I agree except for Will. If he were paired up with someone else, I think I would like him more. His solos are always great. I don't like Jessica.

Please let Susie and Marquis go home.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-19-08, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
Group: Oh Yeah

Twitch & Kherington So pleasantly surprised by them. I really appreciate the fact that they're outside their zone and still do really, really well.

Joshua & Katee Admittedly, I'm riding the high from them last week, but I thought they did well with the frenetic Broadway number.

Chelsie & Mark There's something about him that really intrigues me. I can't decide if I like it or not, but he definitely makes me want to watch him more to figure it out. Chelsie - so cute. She's going to need to work a little to keep up with his quirky.

Group: Um, Okay

Courtney & Gev I'm thinking I might have missed them since so many people are speaking so highly of them and I can't remember them, so I'm going to blame my swiss cheese brain and put them in the middle until I can remember them.

Comfort & Chris I like her. She's the one who keeps them in the middle for me. I don't think this is a good pairing, so I'll give Chris the benefit of the doubt. For now.

Jessica & William I want to like them more. They need to wow me.

Kourtni & Matt I want to like them more, too.

Group: Newp

Susie & Marqis She's way too heavy on her feet. That Salsa should have been way faster and zippy-er. She looked way too clunky out there. I like him.

Chelsea & Thayne Like her. Don't dig him.

IzzyB68 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-19-08, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IzzyB68 Click to send private message to IzzyB68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Week 2 Rankings"
Twitch & Kherington
Katie & Joshua (I seriously doubt if they had not played that "I wont come back" clip people would love Katie)
Chelsie & Mark
Courtney G & Gev (really they done fit here but arent bad enough to be below)
Kourtni & Matt
Chelsea & Thayne
Comfort & Chris (Down here because of Chris)
Jessica & William (Down here because of Jessica
Susie & Marquis

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •