The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Let's discuss something....please!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-10-08, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Let's discuss something....please!"
I check here every day to see if there's any postings, but none. Is anyone else out there doing the same?
Let's come up with something related to the show to discuss even if it's vaguely related. Something to tie us over until Wednesday.
I've already promised Qwerty that there will be Argentine Tango every week -- that means we get to watch her pull her hair out.

So, anyone out there?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Let's discuss something....plea... tribephyl 06-10-08 1
   RE: Let's discuss something....plea... Snidget 06-10-08 2
   RE: Let's discuss something....plea... CTgirl 06-10-08 11
 RE: Let's discuss something....plea... syren 06-10-08 3
 RE: Let's discuss something....plea... Snidget 06-10-08 4
 RE: Let's discuss something....plea... jbug 06-10-08 5
   RE: Let's discuss something....plea... qwertypie 06-10-08 6
       RE: Let's discuss something....plea... Snidget 06-10-08 7
           RE: Let's discuss something....plea... qwertypie 06-10-08 20
 RE: Let's discuss something....plea... Magnolia_Rocker 06-10-08 8
 RE: Let's discuss something....plea... Glow 06-10-08 9
   Favorite dancers of seasons past...... Sagebrush Dan 06-10-08 10
       RE: Favorite dancers of seasons pas... whimsey 06-10-08 12
       RE: Favorite dancers of seasons pas... Glow 06-10-08 13
           RE: Favorite dancers of seasons pas... whimsey 06-10-08 14
               RE: Favorite dancers of seasons pas... Sagebrush Dan 06-10-08 15
                   RE: Favorite dancers of seasons pas... Snidget 06-10-08 16
                       RE: Favorite dancers of seasons pas... MKitty 06-10-08 17
                           RE: Favorite dancers of seasons pas... Snidget 06-10-08 19
                               RE: Favorite dancers of seasons pas... MKitty 06-10-08 23
                               RE: Favorite dancers of seasons pas... Glow 06-11-08 24
                                   RE: Favorite dancers of seasons pas... qwertypie 06-11-08 25
                                       And what would a season be without.... emydi 06-11-08 27
                                           RE: And what would a season be with... qwertypie 06-11-08 28
                                               RE: And what would a season be with... emydi 06-11-08 29
                           I hear ya MKitty! qwertypie 06-11-08 26
 And another thing... MKitty 06-10-08 18
   RE: And another thing... LostAddict 06-10-08 21
       RE: And another thing... MKitty 06-10-08 22
           A Mary Spotting JessicaRN 06-11-08 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-08, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Let's discuss something....please!"
Okay...
Well besides checking here religiously I also sometimes step over here to see if something new has been posted, grab some images of dancers or maybe to sometimes spy a list of couples and routines for the upcoming week. Nothing as of yet. (And supposedly the first show was taped last night.) We'll see.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-08, 06:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Let's discuss something....please!"
I've been looking for couples spoilers, but I haven't seen any, yet.

I did see something about new dance styles, I wonder what those could be.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-08, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Let's discuss something....please!"
I like Rickey.org too - he likes all the shows I like and reading his blog is like gossiping with a friend.

Spotlighted by Tribe

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-08, 07:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Let's discuss something....please!"
LOL...I check every day too.

So glad I am not the only one.

Warcrack, it's not for kids.

06-10-08, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Let's discuss something....please!"
I got some spoilers posted and blurbs from the bios posted. Will that help get things going?

Discuss away!!!!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-08, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Let's discuss something....please!"
I say we all just talk about Dan.....
So, what do ya'll think he's doing up at 2:00 am?

One of Shar's unique creations

'Getting older softens you into learning that love, kindness, and forgiveness are far more important than one's opinion.' Sagebrush Dan

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-08, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Let's discuss something....please!"
Well, if the rtw clock is accurate, it is only midnight his time.
If not, then who knows what time he stays up til

Me, I just need advance warning when they are going to unleash another Argentine tango on us so I can lock up all the sharp instruments.

I wonder if they are going to still do disco and will they add something like country western or Irish step dancing?

06-10-08, 10:37 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Let's discuss something....please!"
psst, apparently they've taped the first show, I posted the spoilers from wiki, we will see if they are accurate.

06-10-08, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Let's discuss something....please!"
Thanks! It may or may not be accurate, but it sounds logical.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-10-08, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Let's discuss something....please!"
I check in every day too. I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!

My future Rockers!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-08, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Let's discuss something....please!"
I check in every day too! I was going to start a thread the other day butgotsidetrackedwithstupidwork about favorite dancers of seasons past.

06-10-08, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Favorite dancers of seasons past...."
I was thinking about doing that, too. Great minds think alike.

I didn't see season one.

Other than the obvious from season two, I really liked Allison. She did not have the charisma the others had, so didn't make it to the final four; but I thought she was the best female dancer by far.
What was the name of the guy from that season who had the cajones to admit that he didn't practice his solo routine?

I had several from season three. I really liked the pairing of Pasha and Anya. Anya was a brilliant ballroom dancer, but had difficulty with the other dances. I felt Pasha was a bit clumsy in some of the other routines, too.
And, I actually liked Lauren too, in spite of her inside connections. Lookswise, she was a clone of my niece, so she tugged at my heart that way, too.
As I said somewhere else, I liked Lacey in the first half of the season, but I felt she wasn't really trying to push the envelope. Had she really pushed it like the others, I think she would have kicked some serious hiney. OTOH, she didn't really want to be a dancer.

More later.

whimsey 4402 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-10-08, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Favorite dancers of seasons past...."
Speaking of Lauren - wasn't she a choreographers assistant 2 seasons ago because the was cut in the auditions for her age? As I recall, she assisted Tyce, maybe? Then she came back last year and made it to the top 8(?).

But this round, Nigel told William Wingfield that Debbie Allen couldn't judge him because they worked together.

Was there a backlash against Lauren that made them change the rules?

06-10-08, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Favorite dancers of seasons past...."
I'm sure I've mentioned once or twice before my tremendous love for Ivan. I('m sure I've mentioned them all before.) He was who made me think of starting the thread. I was going to do like an update kind of thread. Maybe we should? We'd be able to keep up with them.

What was the name of the guy from that season who had the cajones to admit that he didn't practice his solo routine?

Ben

I really liked Lauren at the end. I remember her fondly. Until I remember the "Misha" mess.

whimsey 4402 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-10-08, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Favorite dancers of seasons past...."
Thanks, Glow, I had forgotten about "Misha". I never liked the fact that Lauren worked behind the scenes, but the "Misha" thing sent me over the edge.

06-10-08, 01:12 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Favorite dancers of seasons past...."
What was the Misha thing? If it happened during July, I missed it.

06-10-08, 01:32 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Favorite dancers of seasons past...."
Clip doesn't work, but it has the quote
http://disgrasian.blogspot.com/2007/07/asian-fixasian.html

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-10-08, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Favorite dancers of seasons past...."
Ah yes, I had almost forgetten about her secret identity. Yeah, that kind of did it for me - but I never really liked her anyway.

Since we are here to chat, what I find frustrating is that when I come in to talk about the show the next morning, I feel that I cannot start any comments because of the running thread that takes place while the show is live. It is then really hard and awkward to come back to that thread the next day adn try to comment on an "old" thread. I wish there could be more "topic" threads rather than only a thread that describes every part of the show while happening live. dont' get me wrong..I love the "Live show" thread if I have missed anything, but then I feel that I cannot make general comments on that thread and not sure if I can make general comments on a seperate thread.

So, thanks Dan, for starting this, as I was starting to feel like the only "allowable" thread for this board was the live one. I am going to make a new thread right now!

Greened by Agman

06-10-08, 04:35 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Favorite dancers of seasons past...."
LAST EDITED ON 06-10-08 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

I think once we see the top 20 we will have more discussion threads about specific dancers.

If you have a topic you really want to start you can do that. I mean as long as there isn't a topic on that person/idea already.

If I in anyway made people think the only "allowable" thread was the ECUT, I am sorry. We have those for most of the forums AND have threads discussing various people/aspects of the show. I'm just not going to start all the threads.

I was figuring on starting a "Should Go/Will Go" like I do for AI. I hope someone else will do the "Rank the Dances" thread.

We just usually don't do all that for the Audition shows. I did start a thread about the top 20 so any comment you had about that could go there.

I'm not sure what else I can do to make you feel you can start a thread or participate more on the forum.

ETA: If there is a specific person you want to discuss, please start a thread with their name in the title, etc.

06-10-08, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Favorite dancers of seasons past...."
Thanks Snidget..some great suggestions!

Greened by Agman

06-11-08, 07:34 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Favorite dancers of seasons past...."
...also? It's totally okay to post in the previous night's thread. I rarely (used to sometimes but don't anymore) participate in those East Coast Update or whatever you call them threads when the show is on. If I have a comment, I leave it when I am online (usually the next day). Lots of people do it this way.

The Should Go/Will Go is always a good idea and I'm sure somebody will start the Ranking threads. Always fun.

06-11-08, 08:20 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Favorite dancers of seasons past...."
I'll also have to start up the wall of shame bad choreographers that taint their dancers with eternal stench.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-08, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "And what would a season be without...."
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-08 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

Game starts Friday!

06-11-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
28. "RE: And what would a season be without...."
Well, I alredy know who I'll have going out first. Do we get a freebie week? (Purty please?)

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-08, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: And what would a season be without...."
Yes you will get a free week, that worked out really well last year

I did a search and I did not do the warm up game in SYTYCD only in AI

So Friday after the first 2 are gone and we get a better idea of everyon we will pick from 18 to 1 (WILL GO AND SHOULD GO).

Stay tuned!

Thanks to agman for the great graphics and siggie!

06-11-08, 08:28 AM (EST)
26. "I hear ya MKitty!"
Especially being a westerner, using rabbit ears I don't get to watch the show until most of the good folks are already in bed.
(Tho' I love the fact that I am watching the show at the same time as certain west coast peeps). One benefit of my time zone is that I ranked quite well on Tribe's "Thread Killer Thread" awhile back, but sometimes it does get disheartening to hear crickets after you post.

06-10-08, 04:30 PM (EST)
18. "And another thing..."
What makes me laugh in the audition shows is the way everyone "dance" out the door when they heard they are going to Vegas or got through something. I swear, they must have a sign over the door that says: "Please dance out the door...cameras will be rolling!" NObody EVER just walks out....

I am watching this show with my DH and DS. There are lots of life lessons to be learned by watching this show. For instance, when Katie almost blew it by acting like she was going to quit...well, I totally used that as a "teachable moment" for my 12 year old son about not blabbing about quitting to people who can help you in your future career as you will be seen a quitter and a whiner. I used the one where the woman wouldn't shut up and got voted out...the lesson to sometimes ZIP IT and not blabber on defending yourself... (he really, REALLY needs that lesson...LOL..)

Yeah, the show has it all..great dancing, teachable moments, entertainment...

Greened by Agman

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-10-08, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: And another thing..."
How did you use the man dancing around in his tighty whities as a teachable moment?

lol

I had to ff'd through that one rather than try and explain something I don't want to to my 8 yo daughter.

06-10-08, 06:11 PM (EST)
22. "RE: And another thing..."
LOL..yeah, that was a clear cut one: "hey, don't ever do that!!" LOL...

Greened by Agman

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-11-08, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "A Mary Spotting"
This is slightly off-topic, but I watched the finale for Step It Up And Dance and they made a point of showing Mary Murphy with a title graphic. She has really gone from dance obscurity to notoriety. If anyone watched that show, there was a dancer named Nick in the finals who I would love to see on SYTYCD. It is actually just nice to see professional dancers get a chance to show their stuff a little bit.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •