The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings Top 165"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-28-07, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings Top 165"
LAST EDITED ON 06-28-07 AT 09:15 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-28-07 AT 09:14 AM (EST)

You know what to do

1. Sabra/Dominic- Domra looks so good!! I love them. I'm not sure that was a Rumba though, QTpie? I voted for them the most!!

2. Jaimie/Hok--I loved Hok's makeup and dancing. J's hair was weird but they were going for the Geisha look (the song was from Memoirs of a Geisha...great book...I didn't see the movie). I didn't notice what Jaimie did until Nigel focused on it in his review...but that was really good and looked very hard. I voted for them too

3. Pasha/asst-I liked it not loved it but he had some really cheesy smiles throughout it. He's so safe though..his line was the only one that was busy.

4. Kameron/Lacey- RedStar, he wants kids...are you ready to be a mom? They looked great, I loved his shoes and hair and her hair made her look just like a brunette Heidi. Nigel was right about the dancing not being over enough area and I thought it was just a bit slow for a quick step. But Nigel was right too that this is the best QStep ever done on SYTYCD

5. Sara/Jesus-This was ok. I like Krumping and the poppier the better for me...as opposed to Nigel who wants every hip hop to be lyrical...Jesus surprised me and did very well...they were a bit off in their movements.

6. Cedric/Shauna--Shauna did very well but I didn't like the theme and choreography....Kamcey's dance was so much better. I thought Cedric handled himself with great aplomb in response to Mary/Nigel. I hope he is gone so he can go straight to Debbie Allen's studio. I loved how Nigel got him the scholarship!

7. Danny/Anya-meh the choreography was ok but again wasn't hiphop enough for me. Danny was good anya not so much. Debbie Allen was way too nice to them. The judges are right they will make the top 10 but I think after that Anya may have some trouble...

8. Neil/Lauren-ok this was bad for me. Lauren is so overrated imo. Mary was right about them being up off the floor instead of Tangoed down to it . She is too full of herself.

GO DOMRA!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings Top 165 Glow 06-28-07 1
 RE: Rankings Top 165 Sagebrush Dan 06-28-07 2
 RE: Rankings Top 165 MKitty 06-28-07 3
 RE: Rankings Top 16 djandy 06-28-07 4
 RE: Rankings Top 165 SilverStar 06-28-07 5
   RE: Rankings Top 165 StarryLuna 06-28-07 6
 RE: Rankings Top 165 CTgirl 06-28-07 7
 RE: Rankings Top 165 CantStandToLook 06-28-07 8
 RE: Rankings Top 165 tribephyl 06-28-07 9
   Uhhhh Sagebrush Dan 06-28-07 10
       RE: Uhhhh tribephyl 06-29-07 12
 RE: Rankings Top 165 qwertypie 06-29-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings Top 165"
1. Wade/Jaimie & Hok – I love Wade. I’m starting to think he is the reason I love to watch people dance. This routine was breathtaking. Jaimie showed such control and you knew without even being told that she was a blooming flower. Hok. I don’t even know what to say about him without sounding biased. He was perfect. Gorgeous. If I could watch youtube at work, I’d be watching it all day. *dreamy sigh*

2. Sabra & Dominic – I am falling in love with them. Rolling on the floor like playful cuddly puppies. Dominic is well on his way to becoming my Ivan this year. (No no, Ivan. He will never replace you in my heart.) If he makes me sob the way Ivan did, still does, I will have to smack somebody. Sabra is stunning. They seem to be able to pull off every style.
note again: last year I was irked that Stanislav was booted week 1 and thought it should have been Ivan. A few weeks later, Ivan stole my heart. This year I was irked that Ricky was booted week 1 and thought it should have been Cedric but I'd have accepted a Dom boot then. I'm so glad he's still there.

3. Anya & Danny – I expected him to pull this off because I think he’s brilliant but she really surprised me. She hit the harder parts harder than he did. (I don’t really know what I’m talking about but I heard that “hit the harder parts harder” before and that’s how I explained it to DH and he knew what I meant. Heh) The lady and the man.

4. Pasha – WOW! Dude is on fire. I would put him higher but since this is his area of expertise, I can’t justify putting him up there. I missed seeing Jessi. I just bet she would have pulled it off and made this routine hot hot hot to watch.

5. Lacey & Kameron – what? They’re way down here? That’s crazy. This was such a great night that even such a stunning couple ends up down here. Love them.

6. Sara & Jesus – I really enjoyed this. When I saw it I would have thought it would be near the top of my list. He picks up styles really well. Right? I tried to watch her but every time I tried, I went back to him. I thought he was doing so much better.

7. Lauren & Neil – What are her credentials? She doesn’t seem to have any. *head tilt* I do think he’s cute but whenever I start to awwww at them I remember that I can’t root for them because… I just can’t bring myself to. Besides, that doesn’t seem to be an issue since I’m not really impressed by her. Good point about not wanting them in the B3 this week, embabe. I guess I want her gone when she can go.

8. Shauna & Cedric – train wreck. Did Mia do that on purpose? Everything about it was horrible. I realize his style is “unique” but I get uncomfortable watching him. I think his style is kind of yucky and I have to fight to not make ewww-face at him when he does his thing. You can have him, Debbie.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings Top 165"
1. Jaimie/Hok--Hok redeemed himself for me in this one. Magnificent. I always wanted Jaimie to acquit herself and she did. This was far more complex than Kameron/Lacey's Mia number in the first show, but theirs is still more passionate, IMHO. Still, this is one of the standouts of the season, and it got better with each viewing.

2. Danny/Anya--Okay, it wasn't exactly hip-hop, but it looked good. Anya's consistent grace in everything has managed to surprise me. I don't think she has the personal charisma to make it far into the top 10, unfortunately, but I am loving on her. Danny is a surprise for me. I didn't think he'd be this good.

3. Pasha/asst--I would have really liked to have seen this with Jessi. Had it been that way, this probably would have been a tie for #1. Godspeed, Jessi.

4. Sabra/Dominic--It was hard putting them this low. Sabra is a surprise, and I'm loving her more each week. Dominic is stepping up to the competition in an amazing way. Excellent dance, kudos all around.

5. Kameron/Lacey-- I still think Kameron is holding her back. He belongs in the top 20 certainly, but I think he'd be in the bottom three with a lesser partner.

6. Sara/Jesus--I was hoping for more out of them tonight. I thought this would have been more in their ballpark, but it just didn't gel.

7. Neil/Lauren--Neil is constantly improving, but Lauren just isn't getting up to what I thought she could be. If it hadn't been for the Jessi debacle, I wouldn't have been surprised to see her sent home this week.

8. Cedric/Shauna--Maybe it's the hair, but I'm loving Shauna more and more. Agree that much of this was basically her DFYL from last week. Wasn't one of Mia's better efforts, and I don't blame Cedric for that.
I am not a fan of Cedric's, but it seems this dance was almost meant to be a hatchet job on him.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-28-07, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings Top 165"
1. Hok and Jaimie. Holy freakin' cow...that was absolutely amazing. Wade is amazing...crushin' on his work big time. LOVE, LOVE, LVOE Hok. And, Jaimie has this great quality about her. Was there anybody else in the show tonight...oh yeah...I guess there was...

2. Sabra and Dominic. LOVE THEM!! Hot tamales!! They dance beautifully together.

3. Kameron and Lacey. They are also truly wonderful. Is there anything this couple cannot do??

4. Pasha...terrific as usual. He is just wonderful and what a good sport he was dancing with the assistant.

5. Danny/Anya: They were pretty good.

6. Sara/Jesus: They were pretty good.

7. Neil/Lauren: Love him, hate her. He needs to tighten up on his style and routine a bit...she is just annoying.

8. Cedric/Shauna: LOVE her, hate him.Okay, hate is a strong word. He simply cannot compete..so therefore must go. It was a travesty last week letting him stay and letting Jimmy go. Shauna, however, is really good and I really like her.

**Cat-a-trois by Agman**

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-28-07, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings Top 16"
1.) Jaimie/Hok - Wade's choreography is the best! Hok's sharp movements and Jaimie's flowy movements were spot on.
2.) Sabra/Dominic - They both did well at ballroom. A lot of Dominic's moves reminded me of Apolo Anton Ohno's. Since he won DWTS, that's a big compliment!
3.) Lacey/Kam - Aaaaaawwww, Kam wants to be a good husband and father. Can it get any cuter? A very good quick step, and entertaining too.
4.) Pasha - Pasha excelled in his own style. I hope Jessi is ok.
5.) Sara/Jesus - Jesus pleasantly surprised me. He seems to be very adaptable (and Sara is too).
6.) Anya/Danny - This is Anya's first dance not in her style, and she wasn't that great. Danny fared better. 2nd most overrated couple.
7.) Lauren/Neil - Not that great. Do not understand Nigel's love for Lauren. 1st most overrated couple.
8.) Shauna/Cedric - Send Cedric home so Shauna can get a better partner to give her a chance in this competition.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings Top 165"
1. Kameron/Lacey -- *glares at Dan*
2. Sabra/Dominic -- Way to go, b-boy! Love him. Love them.
3. Shauna -- She was fantastic.
4. Hok/Jamie -- I didn't love this as much as everyone else. I think I was expecting more from Wade, so I felt a little let down. But they did awesome.
5. Pasha -- He was great, as he should've been.
6. Sara/Jesus -- Good, but not great.
7. Lauren/Neil -- Thought the judges were a little too harsh on them. It was pretty good.
8. Anya/Danny -- Meh.
9. Cedric -- No comment necessary.

Star <3 Tribe

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-28-07, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings Top 165"
Great "Star" minds think alike.

I'll just ditto everything KamFan01 said above me, because it's exactly how I feel.

It's a Syren kind of summer

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings Top 165"
1a. Lacey and Kameron – What can I say, it was fun and lighthearted and my uncool side loved it (I love watching the quick step). I really like the chemistry these two have. He’s adorable and she’s grown on me a lot.

1b. Jaimjie and Hok – my educated and hip side loved this dance too (but not quite as much, although over time, this dance will hold up better). Hok’s hummingbird and Jaimie’s growing flower were amazing. They weren’t just dancing, they were the bird and the flower. Wade is so creative and these two took the choreography and made it happen.

3. Sabra and Dominick – That was smoldering and sexy! They’re cute and funny offstage and dance beautifully together.

4. Sara and Jesus – the first time I ever saw or heard of krumping was when Laila Ali did it as part of one of her dances on DWTS! I enjoyed it – I think Jesus is a better dancer but lacks the star power to end up in the finals, Sara has some charisma, but I don’t think she’s as good a dancer as some of the other girls.

5. Danny and Anya – The beginning and end of the dance was good, they lost me in the middle. Some of Anya’s hip hop moves were a little ballroomy. I love watching Danny dance - I love the way he moves.

6. Pasha and Melanie – I love Pasha and he danced his pants off, but the pairing really bothered me. They were mismatched physically and I was uncomfortable watching it (don’t get me wrong, Melanie is a great dancer in her own right, I just didn’t like them together). I would have loved to see him dance this with Jessi – hot, hot, hot!!!

7. Neil and Lauren – okay performance. Lauren’s been disappointing and Neil’s a bit goofy.

8. Cedric and Shauna – I didn’t like it at all. I’m not a fan of Shauna’s – her dancing was too frenetic, and Cedric barely danced.

Spotlighted by Tribe

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings Top 165"
We didn't watch the show till this morning but my favorites in order were:
1. Sara/Jesus
2. Sabra/Dominic tie with Jamie/Hok
4. Danny/Anya
5. Kameron/Lacy
6. Pasha even though I laughed the whole way thru his routine.
The Bette Midler line was classic, so wrong but so funny.
7. Neil/Lauren
8. Shauna/Cedric (he's so gone tonight)

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings Top 165"
Difficult week to do my normal judging with 3 categories (Chemistry, Technique, Emotion)... because a couple of the routines were not ... ummm... routine.
But I'll try anyways.

Sara/Jesus: Krump
They did a fairly good job. However, there was almost no chemistry between them at all. I can blame most of that on choreography as neither one was required to do many "partnering" things but they could have at least acknowledged that they were dancing with someone else. I only caught them glance towards each other a couple of times. Their Technique left a little to be desired as none of it seemed to POP like Krumping tends to focus on, but their emotion lead me to "believe" they were doing it well.
Chem: 3, Tech: 4, Emo: 5 Total: 12

Shauna/Cedric: Contemporary
I cannot in good conscience score these two as a couple. because clearly cedric is way out of his league and specially when compared to his partner.
I feel badly for Shauna probably having to be in the Bottom 3 again, as she really did an amazing routine ALL BY HERSELF!
It's obvious they like and respect each other and for the most part they were in tune with what the other was doing. As far as technique is concerned I'm not quite sure we saw a better performance then the one Shauna showed last night. Holy Cow! She was great. Emotion? Well, Props to Shauna as she had to do more then her share to make the dance believeable. Cedric needs to leave right now. What a complete cop out with the choreography having him stand still for almost 50% of it. I feel horrible for both Jimmy and Ricky as they both deserve another chance because this guy mussed it up for them both as well. not to mention Faina.
Chem: 4/4, Tech: 5/1 Emo: 4/3 Total Shauna:13 Total Cedric:8

Lacey/Kam:QuickStep
I really like this couple. And for once I felt that Kameron actually did his job as a partner AND tried to hold his own against the firecracker that is Lacey!
Sure he was losing his angles throughout most of it, but those lifts and those steps. Ahhh.....just good dancing!
Chem: 5, Tech: 4, Emo: 5 Total: 14

Anya/Danny: HipHop
Anya ceratinly had me believing. She really did pick up not just the steps but the emotion of HipHop. While Danny "floated" from move to move, Anya popped the entire time. HipHop is all about the (sorry everybody) Baa chicka swoosh shwoosh eh dut duh... Not a matter of counting steps. Anya obviously picked up on this during rehearsals while Danny simply looked like a ballet dancer trying to hiphop and not succeeding.
Chem: 4, Tech: 3, Emo: 4 Total: 11

Sabra/Dom: Rhumba
Holy freaking moley!!!
Absolutely stunning routine!
Dom has completely taken me by suprise. If anyone is to be compared to Ivan from last season, this is the guy. (I haven't quite seen his limits yet, but he's improving every single week.)
Absolutely my favorite routine of the evening. No more bottom 3 for this pair!
Chem: 5, Tech: 5, Emo: 5 Total: 15

Lauren/Neil: Tango
This wasn't anywhere near as hot as a tango should be. I blame most of it on Neil, but then again Lauren isn't really even trying either. What they lack in Technique and Emotion they make up for in Chemistry...but from the dancing alone, I expect them to be in the Bottom 3.
Chem: 5, Tech: 3, Emo: 3 Total: 11

Jaimie/Hok: Jazz(?)
Boy her voice is so frickening annoying I'm really glad this isn't a persoanlity contest. (Oh wait, maybe it is.)
The routine was very fun to watch and I think they did really well. But the technical validity of the moves cannot be appropriately judged as there are no hard and fast rules to what they were asked to do. As Nigel said, he can't give criticism because there was no real way to judge what was done right and what was done wrong. BUT. Very fun to watch.
Chem: 5, Tech: 4(?) Emo: 5 Total: 14

Jessi/Pasha
Oh geez I really wish Jessi could have been well enough to actually perform this number, because if Pasha was any indication this would have been the hottest number so far this season. What Pasha did with that 40+ yearold woman was nothing compared to what we would have seen had the original couple danced together. But he made me a believer.
To bad about her health. My fingers are crossed that she'll make it through.
Pasha Chem: 4 (simply because he still made me believe he would have stripped that woman down and ravaged her) Tech: 5! Emo: 5! Total: 14

So....this makes Sara/Jesus, Anya/Danny and Lauren/Neil as my bottom three...HOWEVER!!! Jessie and Cedric should be the ones to go home this week!
I really hope Shauna doesn't do well enough with the votes to get Cedric out of the Bottom 3. That would be a travesty if he gets through to the next round on the merits of Shauna's ability.
And as for Jessie? I'd be sad she had to leave, but a bad heart is something that should be a more important focus then getting to Final 14. Feel better soon, girl!

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Uhhhh"
Isn't Travie going to have issues with you ranking his, uh, adopted brother so low?

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-07, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Uhhhh"
Nope. All he cares is that he'll always be my number 1.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-07, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings Top 165"
Our lists are pretty close.

TIE
1. Sabra/Dominic- It was a rumba, with very few basics thrown in. I love when the rumbas are done to slower music (you know, way back when, in the good old days, when each latin dance had it's own character). I thought they were fantastic, I would have loved to see more hip action from Sabra and Dominic has to tone down the goof when they face the judges.
1. Jaimie/Hok--That sexual humming bird/flower thingy.
Blown away by the choreography and the dancing. Made me forget how much I am irked by Jaimie. Minor quibble - I thought the breaking in the middle of the routine was unnecessary. Amazing blind drop they did.

3. Kameron/Lacey- It was so close to a three way tie for me. I am REALLY impressed with how well Kameron was able to stay in frame and how in sych the two of them were (remember that Laila Ali fiasco awhile back?). She looked really wonderful, she really has to lose the raccoon eye makeup.

4 Sara/Jesus- It was good, they might suffer from being on so early in the show.

5.(But barely out of last place) Danny/Anya- Didn't really grab me. Not in sync much of the time they were supposed to be (I think)

Tied for last place

. Cedric/Shauna--Well, at least he has a scholarship at Debbie Allen's school. Maybe this will finally allow him to get the boot. She did very well, but he got to sob in a corner. Way to go Mia. They slightly edge Danya on the strength of Shauna.

Neil/Lauren- Well, the good thing is that they showed how wonderful Lacey's and Kameron's partnership really is. No connection, lead and follow not apparent. It was a very strange song choice -- dont' get me wrong, I love the song as an ARgentine Tango. I am surprised that it was chosen, it is really hard to get the crispness and staccato of an American or internation tango with out the snare drum.

And I couldn't really rank Pasha/assistant
Pasha/asst-, ahh, if only he was with Faina.....

I did find his assistant's outfit distracting, but then again, when you are called short notice to do a performance..... (many a time DH has found me in the middle of all my clothes thrown around, really depressed I had nothing to wear.)

Oops! Tribe did me again!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •