The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The thread that dare not say its name"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wiggle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-28-07, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wiggle Click to send private message to Wiggle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The thread that dare not say its name"
(First off, thank goodness I didn't name a thread Jessie . . .)

Second, I am now prepared to eat humble pie and say I'm glad that Jaimie didn't go home last week -- not only had she toned down her airheadedness (she must have watched last week's show!), but she and Hok were unbelievable. Which leads me to

Third: I'm a little afraid that they (Hok and Jaimie) will be in the bottom three for the same reason perhaps that Pasha and Jessie were last week. If the voting demographic is like Idol's, then a majority of the voters are teenyboppers with redial and nothing better to do than vote endlessly, and I think they don't get the kind of dance these two couples did. My 13-year-old daughter certainly didn't get them, and didn't like them, and from the auditions on the modern dancers/dances are her least favourite (and I put jazz in here). (Note to self: start taking daughter to see some modern dance!)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The thread that dare not say it... emydi 06-28-07 1
 RE: The thread that dare not say it... Sunny_Bunny 06-28-07 2
 RE: The thread that dare not say it... Sagebrush Dan 06-28-07 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-28-07, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The thread that dare not say its name"
wiggs, I thought that might be a possibility too but I think there are too many Hok-Hos out there (glowie is their commander-in-chief). If you listen to the applause at the beginning...Hok's is always the loudest...

Jaimie did very well in the dance but I think, like Anya, and to a lesser extent Kam, she will have some trouble after top 10 out on her own

GO DOMRA!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The thread that dare not say its name"
Hi Wiggle, nice to meet you.

I tend to agree with you that Hok and Jaimie's routine isn't going to elicit the votes that some of the more energetic ones are. The routine, while called jazz, was really more along the lines of interpretive ballet. It was beautifully done, but in terms of demographic, it may not get the kudo's it deserves from voters.

btw, if your daughter likes dancing, perhaps enroll her in a jazz class as well as take her to see it. Modern Jazz is a wonderful stepping stone into learning the craft. (LOL, I danced both as a student, and as a teacher for many years before becoming a HS teacher.)

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The thread that dare not say its name"
Well Wiggle, I think what happened was that Jaimie read your thread last week and decided to get her act together.
Based on applause at the beginning (which was a good gauge last year for who was going far), I think Hok's in this for the long haul.

More wagging, less barking.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •