The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ricky"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wiggle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-14-07, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wiggle Click to send private message to Wiggle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ricky"
Long time lurker -- first time poster ........ because,

I just had to say that I think Ricky is incredibly creepy and wanted to know if anyone else picked up on this. It started in Las Vegas when he kept wanting to hug women (and they didn't want to hug him). He reminded me of those boys who don't know when it is appropriate to touch/hug/whatever the opposite sex and don't get the message that they're being out of line.

This was confirmed for me when in what should be a very sexy and physical dance, Ashlee held herself at a distance.

Anyone else get this vibe? I'm kind of waiting to hear behind the scenes gossip that the girls are weirded out by him.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ricky qwertypie 06-14-07 1
 RE: Ricky Sagebrush Dan 06-14-07 2
   RE: Ricky emydi 06-14-07 3
 RE: Ricky Magnolia_Rocker 06-14-07 4
   RE: Ricky Dragonfire 06-14-07 15
 RE: Ricky CTgirl 06-14-07 5
 RE: Ricky jbug 06-14-07 6
   RE: Ricky Agman2 03-21-16 41
 RE: Ricky bullzeye 06-14-07 7
   RE: Ricky riverrocker 06-14-07 12
 RE: Ricky Sagebrush Dan 06-14-07 8
   RE: Ricky Magnolia_Rocker 06-14-07 9
       RE: Ricky Sagebrush Dan 06-14-07 10
           RE: Ricky bullzeye 06-14-07 11
               RE: Ricky Sagebrush Dan 06-14-07 13
                   RE: Ricky qwertypie 06-14-07 14
                       RE: Ricky Wiggle 06-15-07 16
                           RE: Ricky Sagebrush Dan 06-15-07 17
                           RE: Ricky tribephyl 06-15-07 18
                               RE: Ricky MKitty 06-15-07 19
                                   RE: Ricky tribephyl 06-15-07 20
                                       RE: Ricky MKitty 06-15-07 22
                                           RE: Ricky Magnolia_Rocker 06-18-07 40
                                   RE: Ricky CTgirl 06-15-07 21
                                       RE: Ricky JessicaRN 06-15-07 23
                                   RE: Ricky Sagebrush Dan 06-16-07 24
                                       RE: Ricky tribephyl 06-16-07 25
                                           RE: Ricky Sagebrush Dan 06-16-07 27
                                               RE: Ricky qwertypie 06-16-07 28
                                               RE: Ricky djandy 06-16-07 35
                                                   RE: Ricky Sagebrush Dan 06-16-07 37
                                       RE: Ricky SilverStar 06-16-07 38
                                           RE: Ricky Sagebrush Dan 06-16-07 39
                               RE: Ricky qwertypie 06-16-07 26
                                   RE: Ricky lynkfri13 06-16-07 29
                                       RE: Ricky Snidget 06-16-07 30
                                           RE: argentine tango lynkfri13 06-16-07 31
                                               RE: argentine tango qwertypie 06-16-07 32
                                                   RE: argentine tango Snidget 06-16-07 33
                                                       RE: argentine tango qwertypie 06-16-07 34
                                                           RE: argentine tango qwertypie 06-16-07 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-14-07, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ricky"
Hey Wiggle -- welcome.
I think it is because he is a math and science guy (waiting to get severely *whacked*).
I really would have to see him dance another style since I have deep, serious issues with the way the show presents what they call "Argentine Tango" (and I am sure you will see me post more of my thoughts on this, I should just learn to let it go!)

Oops! Tribe did me again!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sagebrush Dan 9979 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ricky"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-07 AT 12:17 PM (EST)

First off, Wiggle, welcome to the gang of hoodlums. I'm glad you're posting and look forward to hearing more from you.

I'm with Qwerty on this. Since Mia liked him so much, I'd like to see what she could do with his abilities. Oddly enough, I can picture him being "Lacey" in her dance last night.

That said, he is probably just a geeky guy trying to fit in, but doesn't know how to do it.

Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
—Mark Twain

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ricky"
Since Mia liked him so much

That's why he will stay....the judges will pick the other male dancer if Ricky is in bottom 2...

I would like to see him in cont/jazz also

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-14-07, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ricky"
Welcome to the boards Wiggle!! Yes, I agree he has a creepy vibe. For me its the sickly pale looking skin and the beady little eyes. Screams "serial killer" to me.

This shall in no way impair my critiques on his dancing though. *said in my judge voice*

Rockin’ the dance moves thanks to Tribey

Dragonfire 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-14-07, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dragonfire Click to send private message to Dragonfire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ricky"
Totally agree with you on the discription...something about him is just off-putting, but he won't be going anywhere...at least this week...because he's Mia's favorite. (hope I'm proved wrong, but we'll have to wait and see)

CTgirl 7640 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ricky"
Welcome Wiggle! I agree Ricky is creepy. It's kind of odd that we know more about his personality than his dancing. We haven't seen him do much but just have to take Mia's word for it.

Spotlighted by Tribe

jbug 17009 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ricky"
Welcome Wiggle (kinda rolls off your tongue, doesn't it? )

Ricky is the math guy, right? his stuff about dancing and math was too much for me (not into math at all personally ).
It is a shame too that he was paired up with a much taller girl. Looks awkward to me.

Boot Scootin with Snidget

Agman2 2418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-21-16, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Ricky"
So you think you can boot bug?

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ricky"
First, Welcome Wiggle! That didn't sound right, but glad you have left the land of lurkerdom to join us!

Second - I think last night showcased a strange match-up more than the dancer's capabilities. I would be intrested in learning how the match-up's are actually determined, as this one seems doomed from the start.

Finally, agree with the others that he might be more a "round hole/square peg" vs the others. Maybe that's the vibe you are getting.

Snidget's to blame!

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-14-07, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ricky"
Hi Wiggle and welcome! I think your perception is on target...but he won't go even if in the bottom three because of Mia.

There is some quality about him that just doesn't come across well. When he was discussing the "parabolic sphere," I suddenly found myself envisioning the famous drawing of man by Leonardo da Vinci! (Hmm, wonder if that makes me weird! )

Personally, I would like to see him go.

06-14-07, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ricky"
I'm going to amend what I said above when I said that I kept seeing him in Lacey's role. I would like to have seen them partnered for that dance, cuz he has that creepy desperate sexual need about him that could have really done wonders with that dance.

—Mark Twain

06-14-07, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ricky"
Could he have caught her with the seeming ease that Kam did though? I have my doubts.

06-14-07, 02:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ricky"
That crossed my mind, too. But he showed a bit of skin in the tryouts and he was built. But, it also took bulk to manage those catches. Who knows? Maybe Mia could have worked around it, and he could have absorbed some of the thrust with his legs.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ricky"
and he could have absorbed some of the thrust with his legs.

Uhm, nevermind.

Snidget's to blame!

06-14-07, 05:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ricky"
You don't know how many times I had to rewrite that sentence in my mind just to get it that un-suggestive!

06-14-07, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ricky"
And we are all so proud of you!

Wiggle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-15-07, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wiggle Click to send private message to Wiggle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ricky"
WooHoo -- he's gone!

Does this mean I don't have to post anymore?!

06-15-07, 02:18 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Ricky"
I hope not! Stick around. We like you here.

—Mark Twain

tribephyl 11999 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-07, 05:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ricky"
WooHoo -- he's gone!

Does this mean I don't have to post anymore?!

Well, considering your record so far, if I were any of the remaining dancers I'd hope to not see my name as a thread topic authored by you in the future.

But since I'm not a dancer. I demand you make more posts and reveal who is next to go.

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-15-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ricky"
I will go on record here to say that I am sad to see him go. I thought he was enormously talented and thought he did a better "dance for your life" than the guy who was crying and nervous (sorry..can't remember his name at this moment!)

So there!

*furrified by Agman*

06-15-07, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ricky"
I'm not to saddened by his departure either. That permanently fresh-from-the-shower look he ALWAYS sported was so 1989.

But Mia will be upset.

Oh and since I just ran into you MKitty, I have a little something from inside my attic for you...

Enjoy!

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-15-07, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ricky"
Woo-ee!!! You rock Tribe..thanks for the new pouncing siggie!! LVOE it!!

*pouncing courtesy of Tribe*

06-18-07, 08:20 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Ricky"
OMG! That looks like my kitty Louie! *scritches* *nuzzles*

I love SYTYCD! staying on topic

CTgirl 7640 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-07, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ricky"
You mean me?!

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-15-07, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ricky"
I thought the oil slick in Ricky's hair was part of his character for the tango, but he had it in the results show also. And I'm not sure why Mary and Nigel were so upset over these two being there. When you saw a replay of their tango it looked like two people trying to tango at a party in someone's basement. (On another front, I think Neil is kind of creepy also).

06-16-07, 00:10 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Ricky"
I'm with you on this, MKitty. I think he outdanced the other two guys at the end, especially Cedric. But, Ricky probably didn't have the fan base for them to consider carrying it — he didn't have the charisma the other two had as far as the judges were concerned.
The reason they gave for not continuing with him was lame beyond words, considering what they had said to the other two.

Oh....poo!

06-16-07, 01:19 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Ricky"
Hmm...
See my thinking was that they did it because Mia wasn't on the panel.
If she had been, I guarantee she would've fought tooth and nail to keep him around.

Without her on the panel and it was bye-bye to two of her favorites.

06-16-07, 03:16 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Ricky"
LAST EDITED ON 06-16-07 AT 03:17 AM (EST)

I can't help but wonder if they consulted her — or at least had a chance to. I mean, they had to know who would be in the bottom six long before the show started. I'm cross-threading here. Were they really her favorites, or did edit her saying that in the tryouts, but better dancers came along later?

Or maybe you're right — they just didn't consult her and came to their own decision. Me? I think it was a charisma thing. They want another Benji for the ratings.

Oh....pooh.

06-16-07, 09:17 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Ricky"
I still think she would have fought for Ricky. After Ashlee's "Look at me, I'm so cute, you just have to keep me in" solo, I think Mia would have punted her as well.

Oops! Tribe did me again!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-16-07, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Ricky"
Looking at the Top 20 dancers' styles you can roughly divide them into 3 categories (Ballroom, Hip Hop / B-Boying, and Contemporary / Lyrical / Jazz). There are 4 Ballroom (Anya, Pasha, Faina, Lacey), 4 1/2 Hip Hop <(Hok, Cedric, Dominic, Sara, and Kam (1/2 Hip Hop & 1/2 Contemporary)>, and 11 Contemporary (the rest). Since it is so heavily weighted toward Contemporary, most of the "firings" should come from there in the early rounds so that they can be a little more evenly represented in the latter stages of the competition. I actually wish they'd be more even to start with -- more ballroom and Hip Hop, and less Contemporary.

djandy

06-16-07, 04:30 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Ricky"
Nice analysis. Thanks. I didn't realize it was so heavily weighted to contemporary.

Holy....poo

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-07, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Ricky"
Yup. I also agree that Ricky's solo was the best of the 3.

he didn't have the charisma the other two had as far as the judges were concerned.

Which is bull. Does anyone here think Cedric has charisma? Have we seen him show an ounce of personality? He doesn't smile, he doesn't laugh. He played the "send me home and I'll cry" card. I'd rather have a fun weirdo like Ricky around than Cedric the downer. Plus, Ricky had sooooo much more potential than Cedric in this competition. Bah. I wasn't a huge Ricky fan, but he definitely shouldn't have been the one going home, IMO.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

06-16-07, 10:17 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Ricky"
I agree. I was really looking forward to seeing what Ricky could do. Talent and skill had nothing to do with the judges' decision. Right now the most logical reason seems to be djandy's explanation about keeping balance.
As far as charisma in my opinion, I thought he had the most of the three, but there seems to have been some pretty strong hate out there for him.

Another thing....Tribe felt like it was a set up for both Ricky and Ashlee to fail, which is why he thought the height mismatch was intentional. Did you notice that Ricky was the shortest of the three men in the bottom three? To me, that adds more credibility to Tribe's assertion as well.

Cedric was pure blah. He's one I'll be glad to see get the boot.

—Mark Twain

06-16-07, 02:48 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Ricky"
But since I'm not a dancer. I demand you make more posts and reveal who is next to go
Hey Wiggles, if you could post how Alex da Silva gives you the creeps and he ends up getting turfed, you will become the patron saint of Argentine Tango lovers everywhere.

Sharnina enthralls me so!

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-07, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Ricky"
hi all, unlurking here briefly.

I agree that the argentine tango as danced by Ricky and Ashlee was painful to watch. Unfortunately since my dance knowledge is limited to the instruction clips on "Dancing with the Stars", I guess I'm not certain how the dance should look.

Did anyone see Madonna and Antonio Banderas dancing in "Evita"?

Is that how it is supposed to be done?

It doesn't seem to be the same dance at all.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-07, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Ricky"
Youtube has a few argentine tangos on it. This one seemed to have a lot of content to it and they actually filme the feet a lot of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXhQNRsH3uc&mode=related&search=

This is labeled international tango and it has a different look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7tgRirqQ_c

I think I only saw Evita on stage, but I can't remember what any dancing looked like

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-07, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: argentine tango"
thanks for the links snidget.

btw
I actually meant to say in my post, is the argentine tango like the dance Madonna danced with several men, as young Eva was arriving in Buonas Aires and dancing in the bars?

My bad.

06-16-07, 12:04 PM (EST)
32. "RE: argentine tango"
That seemed more like a samba to me.

(Really)

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-07, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: argentine tango"
LAST EDITED ON 06-16-07 AT 12:11 PM (EST)

It is hard because I don't know exactly what I should be looking for or how each of the dances should really vary from each other (or who to trust on youtube that they know what to label things)

ETA: which one is the samba?

06-16-07, 12:22 PM (EST)
34. "RE: argentine tango"
LAST EDITED ON 06-16-07 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

My bad - Madonna, (in Evita) when she first arrived in Buenos Aires and danced with all the men in the night clubs. We laughed and said that looked more like a samba(if I recall correctly she was bopping up and down quite a bit). I am watching the links you posted now (stupid dial up makes the down loads slow). I am also trying to find the tangos I have url'ed.

06-16-07, 02:04 PM (EST)
36. "RE: argentine tango"
Crap! It is really tough to find a decent video clip where the whole body is shown. I will keep trying, I may have to go into hubby's office.

I didn't get to watch the whole link that you posted (Tango Argentino) because our POS computer keeps freezing on youtube.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •