The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quarterfinal #2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26412 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-05-14, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quarterfinal #2"
8/5/14 Our performers this week (in the order they were revealed last week) .........

Jaycob Curlee: singer

Aerial Animation: aerialist

Livy, Matt & Sammy: band

Mat Franco: magician

John & Andrew: salsa duo

Loop Rawlins: wild west act

Andrey Moraru: hand balancer

Darik Santos: comedian

Acte II: opera duo

Juan Carlos: novelty act (theoretically a dancer)

Hart Dance Team

Mara Justine (11): singer

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quarterfinal #2 dabo 08-05-14 1
   RE: Quarterfinal #2 toad455 08-06-14 2
   Results! dabo 08-07-14 6
 RE: Quarterfinal #2 EJConroy 08-07-14 3
 About the "desperate attention whor... EJConroy 08-07-14 4
   RE: About the "desperate attention ... dabo 08-07-14 5
 Results! dabo 08-07-14 7
 RE: Quarterfinal #2 undercovermonk 08-07-14 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-05-14, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Quarterfinal #2"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-14 AT 11:47 PM (EST)

Well, it was a less than stellar night on AGT, hate to say it. Maybe I'll have my votes figured out by the time I finish writing this.

01. Hart Dance Team. The dancing really seemed very good from what I could tell. But the whole thing was horrible TV, they really need to get off this camo theme.

02. Loop Rawlins. Pretty nifty cowboy act, thought he performed well and did some remarkable stuff. Not normally my thing. But Howard schooling Mel was "off the chain!"

03. John & Andrew. The gay/straight thing still works for them, and it was a remarkably difficult routine. But it somehow seemed more like pairs floor routine than dance.

04. Livy, Matt & Sammy. "Fat Bottom Girls" is a rocker, there's no other way to do it, that was really meh. But boy Howie sure can lay on the bull.

05. Andrey Moraru. Awesome hand balancing! This guy is physical poetry, I was blown away.

06. Juan Carlos. X by Howard, and he deserved it though I thought Howard was a bit quick on the draw. This time Juan took himself seriously, it just wasn't funny. There's a difference between comedically taking yourself seriously like Inspector Clouseau and just being a fool. Pass.

07. Mara Justine (12). The singing seemed a bit flat at first, but then she picked it up and finished strong. Still raw, but much better than her audition performance.

08. Aerial Animation. I really wasn't expecting much from this act but it was vastly improved over the audition performance, I really enjoyed and got into it this time.

09. Jaycob Curlee, the hardluck singer. That was ... nice. I suppose. Lame actually.

10. Mat Franco. Oh my gosh, how did he do it, that was such an amazing trick!!! Same way they always do it when they get a volunteer from the audience or in this case involve a couple of judges in over-acting. Very disappointing. I've had it with this guy.

11. Derik Santos. I laughed ... once. Flopped as far as I was concerned.

12. Acte II. I thought the opera duo seemed to have a case of the nerves and it showed, but they buckled down and powered through so good for them.

My top five acts for the night .. hm

Andrey Moraru, he really must move on, best of the night
Mara Justine
Aerial Animation
Loop Rawlins
um ........
Hart Dance Team

Tomorrow night, the return of Lindsey Stirling! "hip hop violinist"!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

toad455 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-06-14, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toad455 Click to send private message to toad455 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quarterfinal #2"
My rankings:

1. Aerial Animation
2. Andrey Moraru
3. Mat Franco
4. Acte II
5. Mara Justine
6. Loop Rawlins
7. John & Andrew
8. Hart Dance Team
9. Jaycob Curlee
doesn't matter - Derik Santos, Juan Carlos & Livy, Matt & Sammy.

08-07-14, 08:25 AM (EST)
6. "Results!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-14 AT 08:27 AM (EST)

Oops, wrong place

EJConroy 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-14, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EJConroy Click to send private message to EJConroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Quarterfinal #2"
I've actually been watching since the beginning of the season, but I didn't feel like there was too much to talk about before now. And so...

Jaycob Curlee: singer
He just doesn't do anything for me. I mean, he has a great voice, just like hundreds of other guys who didn't make the cut. I hope I tap into what makes this guy special in the weeks to come.

Aerial Animation: aerialist
I LOVE this! I LOVE her! In an abstract way she's reflecting Kenechi from last season, except instead of taking it high tech she's made something more human. I hope she can keep it up after the very high bar she's set for herself.

Livy, Matt & Sammy: band
I love these guys. I mean I could really listen to them and their creative tunes. Apparently America didn't agree, and it's not a surprise. I'm pretty certain this trio will be signing some kind of deal very soon.

Mat Franco: magician
Boom! He's taken the familiar card trick and escalated it into a whole new kind of act--one where the personality of the performer is pivotal. Not to mention he really gets me stammering "How did he DO that?"

John & Andrew: salsa duo
Two dancers coming together for one act of elegant energy--that's what these guys were to me. I hate to think America let their genders get in the way.

Loop Rawlins: wild west act
I'm sure this is really great stuff for what it is, but I'm not sure I understand what that is supposed to be. Personally I appreciate the skills but I don't yearn to see a wild west show. I definitely wish him all the best, though.

Andrey Moraru: hand balancer
Now this guy took the aggregate skill of every other hand balancer ever on AGT, made it supremely masculine while keeping it graceful and fluid, and then added an artistic element that gave him an exciting background without interrupting him. It's like the art form has finally arrived.

Darik Santos: comedian
What happened? I thought he was good previously, and then he choked. I kept wanting to laugh at something, but nothing was there. What a shame.

Acte II: opera duo
It's sad but bad stage production and horrible musical choices did these two in way more than lack of talent.

Juan Carlos: novelty act (theoretically a dancer)
I agree with Howard. That this self-deluded clown took up a slot that could have gone to someone else is outrageous. He should go to retirement facilities and parties as pure silly entertainment and be glad to make people smile.

Hart Dance Team
It was a cool routine...the first time. After last night I think everyone could see what we were in for in the future. Ironic how everything centered around a box...

Mara Justine (11): singer
I liked her before the production goblins got to her. Last night she was obviously trying to be herself within acceptable performance parameters. She lucked out this week--I hope she gets back to herself in the future.

Whatever happened to Leonid the Magnificent? Hmmm...

EJConroy 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-14, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EJConroy Click to send private message to EJConroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "About the "desperate attention whore" postings..."
I don't know what triggered this, and I can imagine it must have been something pretty bad. But I really don't appreciate having "desperate attention whore" attached to my name, especially since this here is only my second posting. Hey, no postings, no message board. Maybe you can come up with a less hostile way of expressing your frustration?

08-07-14, 07:52 AM (EST)
5. "RE: About the "desperate attention whore" postings..."
Welcome aboard!

I had the same objection at first. Don't even know why we need a counter.

It has been part of the site programming since the beginning in 2000, and it is on every post that everyone has made here. Please don't take it personally.

It is actually a reference to the glory hounds who appear on reality TV shows. We generally shorten it to DAW or DAWs.

08-07-14, 08:26 AM (EST)
7. "Results!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-14 AT 08:27 AM (EST)

Hey, it was great seeing Lindsey take the stage again! Wish she'd been in competition this week.
The first three acts Cannon called to the firing line

Hart Dance Team
Derik Santos
Andrey Moraru

Great, the kids who play hide n seek, one of the bombs of the week, and the hands down best act of the week. Don't let me down, America!

WHEW! Andrey moves on to the next round! Good job, America.

Next up were

Jaycob Curlee
Juan Carlos

Ugh, a mediocre singer and another bomb of the week. America decided we liked Jaycob best, he has such a great backstory.

Then it was

Aerial Animation
Loop Rawlins

Fine, two of the acts I voted for this week. And my two votes for Aerial Animation trumped my one vote for Loop! Yay, me!

Then it came down to

Mat Franco
Livy, Mat & Sammy

Between the two I really don't care, and America decided we prefer mediocre magician Mat to the music kids. Livy should have competed as a solo singer, she really does have a nice voice.

That left three acts to face the music, so Cannon had to eliminate one before sending it to the judges. Say good-bye to May/December role models John & Andrew.

So the judges had to decide between Acte II and Mara Justine, and let the sobbing and begging begin! I really hate that Queen For A Day part of the show. And poor Mara, the kid looked like she was collapse and have a nervous breakdown no matter how things turned out. If she can't handle the pressure she should maybe consider withdrawing from the competition.

The judges made it quick, Heidi and Mel and Howard all voted for Mara, and fortunately Cannon went over to her and gave her a living prop to latch onto, poor kid. Good on ya, Nick.

undercovermonk 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-07-14, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail undercovermonk Click to send private message to undercovermonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Quarterfinal #2"
AGT Quarterfinal #2

Sorry I'm a bit late but I have famiy visiting. I thought the lineup was great but we had a few duds mixed in. still gonna be a tough call. Thank god 5 are moving on this year instead of the usual 4.

1. Hart Dance Team: The first of some very awkward staging this evening. I thought they were interesting the first time but as I predicted the surprise factor was huge. The mirror idea could have been cool but with all the lights it just made it impossible to see on TV. Their dancing is good but nothing special except for that girl who spun for a year and a half there at the end. But with lackluster comments from the judges and a bad draw I think we may be saying goodbye to the girls.

2. Loop Rawlins: Awww I'm so bummed he got such a bad spot. still he made the most of it. opting for whips and a Giant lasso as opposed to the small one. I was almost more impressed. The power and control it takes to weild that is insane. Also I'm tired of the judges saying an act can't be a Vegas show. First off, if that is how they feel why send them through. Secondly as Howard said you build a show around the act. Wild West shows, while not in their hayday, are still extremely popular and would fit quite well in the dessert oasis that is Vegas. Love this guy and would like to see more.

3. John and Andrew: I like these guys and they are very talented. BUT I admit it did feel repetitive and I did get bored. I have seen many dance pairs excite and light up the stage. D'angelo and Amanda made it very far last year doing just that. These guys did not step up their game and with some heavyhitters still to come I think they may have danced their last salsa of the season.

4. Liv, Matt, and Sammy: First off horrible act name. Second and more important why were they in the middle of the audience. I see what they were going for; an intimate setting similar to a coffe shop. However, it killed the acutics. I think these guys have a nice sound but a poor song choice and bad direction killed any chance they had. They were definately not ready.

5. Andrey Moraru: So apparently this guy made it through automatically (as did smootini) but neither were shown in judgement week. NOT COOL NBC!!!! I was having a heartattack that 2 of my top 5 auditions did not make it. Luckily they did and man di he impress. I think he has a chance to win it all because as several people have said its just so darn beautiful and breathtaking. Not much else to say he got a bunch of my votes.

6. Juan Carlos: And to cleanse our palette of awesome we have Howie's 2014 ridiculous pick of the year. Seriously it makes me mad I even have to type up a review of this act. The only thing funny about it was the pictures of Juan's face in the backgrou nd. Stupid. Lame. But we do need fodder acts.

7. Mara Justine: Oy Vey!!! One of my least favoite acts. This girl does not sing. She just yells. This is not talent. I think she really showed her weakness when she had to start off soft. The act did get better as it went and she did actually hit a few notes. With training I think she could actually go somewhere but she is not ready for this stage yet. She went early enough that she may get left behind but I bet America votes her through. Sigh.

8. Aerial Animation: This was another one that went straight through. Like Hart Dance Team I was worried she would be a one trick pony. BOY WAS I WRONG! SPECTACTULAR! Her animation was better. Her aerila tricks were better. Her story was better. Everything was 100 times better. Way to raise the bar. The only thing I worry with her is that she will run out of ideas. But I said the same thing about Kenichi last year and he didn't hopefully she can do the same well done.

9. Jacob Curlee: Another act I did not like. I still don't. But I disagreed with the judges. I thought this was his BEST performance yet. Not great but good. I just wish he wouldn't harp on the sob story. Howie needs to shut up. You must judge only on the talent. Or at least you should. anway I would be ok with him moving on instead of some other singers I will be getting to.....

10. Matt Franco: Smoothini light. I actually think he steeped up his game tonight. With magic it's all about the presentation. even if I can figure out how he did the trick, I can still enjoy it if its well presented and this guy knows how to do that. a middling magician but I do love magic so sure; would love to see him advance.

11. Darik Santos: I love this guy. Dry humor and puns are right up my alley. This wasn't his best set but I laughed throughout. America does seem to love comedians but I'm not sure if they will vote him. Threw a couple votes his way for support. If you guys are not watching you should check out Last Comic Standing. Also on NBC. Very funny group this year down to the final 4.

12. Acte II: Final acte of the night. What a bummer. I could not believe these two made it past the audition phase. just because they sing opera loud does not equal talent. Same problem as original performance. One lady sounds good the other horribe and they have 0 blend. But America loves its singers and beig at the very end almost guarantees a top 5 finish. Gonna have to listen to these two butcher another song.

All in all a very up and down night. Now onto the power rankings.

My power Rankings:
1. Aerial Animation
2. Andrey Morau
3. Loop Rawlins
4. Darik Santos
5. Matt Franko
6. Jacob Curlee
7. John and Andrew
8. Hart Dance Team
9. Mara Justine
10. Liv, Matt, and Sammy
11. Acte II
12. Juan Carlos

How America will Vote:
1. Aerial Animation
2. Matt Franko
3. Andrey Morau
4. Jacob Curlee

with a judges pick between ActeII and Mara. I just know at least one of those two crap acts are gonna sneak in and steal Loop's spot.

Watched results show before getting to post this. Its sad how America totally nails my low opinion of them. At least the judges picked Mara over horrid ActeII. Next week could be a slaughter. I like over half the acts. As long as Sons of Serendip make it I should be able to survive the week.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •