The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quarterfinal #3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26423 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-14, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quarterfinal #3"
8/12/14 In order as announced last week, this week our performers will be --

Adrian Romoff (9), pianist

Blu Journey, dance duo

Mike Super, mystifier

Sons of Serendip, band

AcroArmy, acrobatics group

Paul Ieti, singer

Wendy Liebman, comedienne

Kieran & Finian Makepeace, band

Dragon House "The Agents", dance trio

Christian Stoinev, hand balancer

Cornell Bhangra, dance group (auditioned via the Let's Save the Today Show NBC campaign, good luck with that)

Anna Clendening, singer

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quarterfinal #3 undercovermonk 08-12-14 1
   RE: Quarterfinal #3 dabo 08-12-14 2
 RE: Quarterfinal #3 EJConroy 08-13-14 3
   RE: Quarterfinal #3 TL 08-13-14 4
 Results! dabo 08-13-14 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

undercovermonk 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-12-14, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail undercovermonk Click to send private message to undercovermonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Quarterfinal #3"
AGT Quarterfinal #3

Here we go again. Ready for a great night of talent. With this group we could have some insane competition. What's up with the mohawk Nick.

1. Dragon House "The Agents": Rough draw for these guys. I really like them. In another night they may have a chance but with the line-up they just won't have enough draw. Some of those moves were cool but Howard was right you need to change up the dance style if possible. Great seeing them again.

2. Ana Clendenning: Surprised with her story that she is getting this bad a draw. Perhaps the producers were afraid she would freeze up again and need to be pushed back. Beautiful set. She started a bit flat. Will every singer get a backing track to help disguise their weaknesses this year. Meh not a very powerful performance. Howie stop with the Robin Williams name drop. Once was enough to honor the man. Once again only Howard gives constructive criticism. Howie and Heidi didn't even mention her performance. I'm not sure what will happen with her. will her story get her the votes she needs to stay?

Note: wow Kenichi and Taylor performing tomorrow. Gonna be a great results show.

3. Cornell Bhangra: Cultural acts tend to have a tough time on AGT. (see jasmine flowers.) The act IS very colorful. I was a little weirded out by that guy popping out of nowhere. Then he started dancing and I must say I'm shocked but I was totally entertained. Could be a dark horse to move on. The act built and built and built and that is how you create a winning performance. judges seemed to like it. I swear Howie gets less and less funny every episode of this show. at this point Heidi is funnier than him and she doesn't have a sense of humor.

4. Kieran & Finian Makepeace: These guys face an uphill battle with a bad draw on a great night after a great act. Like most of the acts tonight I do like them. Great camera work for once. These guys are so talented instrumentally. Going from an acoustic to rock style mid song is insane. Vocally though they have issues blending. side note: this is why I respect Heidi and not Mel. Even if I disagree with her Heidi always gives an opinion. Mel just thinks everyone is "spot on" or "off the chain" or "really lovely to look at, which has so much to do with their talent" she doesn't actually judge. Seriously just fire her and go back to 3 judges. Howard really hit the nail on the head as usual. Probably not going through.

5. Mike Super and Desmond: I love this guy's tricks. The whole Desmond HAS to show up is a bit hokey for me but as long as the trick is good I'm all for it. This guy gets instant points from me just by using Mel who he knows gets freaked out by this stuff. He's lost me. This is boring. This is dumb. Seeing Mel freak was hilarious. I think for the first time this season a magician will not move on. Pretty sure the chair was rigged.

6. Adrian Romoff: This kid is hilarious. Can not wait to see what he does tonight. Classical or modern? chopsticks ha great choice. Cool set design. He puts so much personality into his performance. Well done but I have to admit I found it a little boring. Um did Howard just seriously tell a 9 year old to become a strip club owner. This kid has such charisma.

7. Acro Army: These guys really impressed during judgement week but this type of act has a tough time on the live shows. They have to bring it tonight. That was really boring. not nearly as exciting as I remember. The judges loved them but I just did not feel it. It wasn't bad but i have a feeling Christian will blow them out of the water later tonight. And the Bahngra guys were way more exciting.

8. Wendy Liebman: The weakest comedian of the quarterfinals IMHO. She's not even funny in her package. I'm willing to give her a shot though. Wow she is just NOT funny. SERIOUSLY NOT FUNNY! Not even harmless not funny. Annoyingly not funny. I just don't get what the judges see in her. Hated it. Worst act of the night.

9. Sons of Serendip: Aww my favorite act. I was hoping they would get the final spot of the night. I hope they just blow it out of the water tonight. These guys are genuinely likable. HOLY CRAP!!!! I coud listen to them for hours. They must go through. Cmon America THEY ARE SINGERS! VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!

10. Blue Journey: This is an interesting one. David mendendorf is the guy behind these two. I felt that these two were a bit gimicky but if they do something spectactular I will take it back. Um this was weird. I didn't think the dancing was great and not nearly as entertaining as aerial animation was last week. they have a good spot and should get the anti-singer votes. Yes Howie everyone gets your puns they aren't funny. Kenichi will blow these guys out of the water tomorow night.

11. Christian Stoinev and Scooby: Andrey knocked it out of the park last week. And just like Blue Journey I will be comparing Christian to his fellow performer. The dog surprise from judgement week won't work tonight so he will need to do something special. Wow that was impresive. Then Scooby came out and I got a bit worried. But he saved it by incorporating the dog into the hand balancing. He will move on.

12. Paul Ieti: And the pimp spot goes to.....a singer what a surprise. Still this this guy was really good in his first performances. Wow this guys has some chops. Piano was a bit loud but that's about all that went wrong. While not as technically proficient as Sons of Serendip he has the added bonus of going last and getting the American Military bump. Def moving on.

My Power Rankings:
1. Sons of Serendip
2. Christian Stoinev
3. Paul Ieti
4. Cornell Bhangra
5. Adrian Romoff
6. Kieran & Finian Makepeace
7. Dragon House "The Agents"
8. Blue Journey
9. Ana Clendenning
10. Acro Army
11. Mike Super
12. Wendy Liebman

How America will Vote:
1. Paul Ieti
2. Christian Stoinev
3. Blue Journey
4. Sons of Serendip

With a judges pick between Adrian Romoff and HOPEFULLY Cornell Bhangra. Judges likey to choose the precosius piano player.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-12-14, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quarterfinal #3"
Somehow my performance post imploded. Oh well, thanks for sharing, monk! Wendy's set didn't work for me but she does look good for her age. ;) Blue Journey floored me. My top five this week:

Sons of Serendip
Blue Journey
Christian Stoinev and the pup
Kieran & Finian Makepeace
Dragon House

Strong week, very entertaining show tonight.

EJConroy 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-13-14, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EJConroy Click to send private message to EJConroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Quarterfinal #3"
Super show! I hate when so much great talent gets crunched into one week--the majority of acts deserve to get to the next level. But it is what it is, and so...

Adrian Romoff (9), pianist
Look, there's no denying his talent (although my mother the pro pianist is convinced there's a trick somewhere) or his brains (Sheldon Cooper, watch out!). But when I see a kid like this, advancing in his life long ahead of his years, I don't get impressed, I get worried. There's going to be a drastic clash in social development eventually. I really hope for the best for Adrian, and that through his hard work and dedication he manages to make a great life for himself.

Blu Journey, dance duo
Beautiful to watch, inspiring to experience, they've taken the "what we've seen before" and refined it into something fresh.

Mike Super, mystifier
I'm with Howard. I don't like Desmond (Desmond, if you read this, don't take it personally). If Mike wants to attribute his dazzling effects to a disembodied energy, fine. I don't think the entity needs a back story to be effective. That being said, what Mike does is incredible...and even a bit spooky.

Sons of Serendip, band
We certainly don't get to hear a live harp very often! I love this ensemble for the peace and beauty they create with their music. Not something you see every day!

AcroArmy, acrobatics group
At first I thought oh no, another dance/gymnastics troop about to go through the old motions. But when they came out with the woman like a goddess on top of an ersatz maypole, I was hooked.

Paul Ieti, singer
As usual, I'm not thrilled with singers. I respect his back story of course, but the actual singing wasn't anything spectacular.

Wendy Liebman, comedienne
She's at the top of her game! I just hope she wasn't too nuanced or too subtle for the audience...

Kieran & Finian Makepeace, band
I don't know where the judges' heads were. These guys are talented and original. I can feel that there's so much more to their performance--it lingers.

Dragon House "The Agents", dance trio
I'm sorry but been there, done that, the world doesn't need another robotic dance act.

Christian Stoinev, hand balancer
Never mind what Christian can do--how about that Scooby? Seriously, this was by far my favorite act of the night. I mean it combined a terrific hand balancing act with just about the cutest dog act I've ever seen--and the connection was absolutely tangible.

Cornell Bhangra, dance group (auditioned via the Let's Save the Today Show NBC campaign, good luck with that)
I thought these guys were great. I only wonder if they go through, how can they vary the act? Additionally, the judges talked to the group about "their culture"--did they not notice that it was a mix of many different people in the group?

Anna Clendening, singer
I think this girl is going to go down as "the one with the anxiety disorder" as it keeps coming up every time she performs. And if it's going to keep coming up, I'd like to know a little more about this sea change in her, from hiding in her room to performing on AGT. The story is remarkable, but unfortunately the singing doesn't stand out as one might want. It'd be great if Anna took the story of her journey and shared it with the millions of folks battling one disorder or another--that's the extraordinary part.

Who goes? Who stays? Will I be yelling at my TV? Waiting to see...

TL 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-13-14, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Quarterfinal #3"
1. Dragon House "The Agents"

I like them but I don't see how far they can make it with this style of dance. It would get boring to see them again I think because it is pretty much the same thing every time. I don't see them moving on.

2. Ana Clendenning

I like how judge comments had to do with her backstory and not her actual performance. I think that tells you something. She is a singer so she has a shot to go through, but I really think it was a bad one.

3. Cornell Bhangra

It was fun and colorful and entertaining, but I don't see them making it far. As a dance group, the moves were not complicated and there wasn't a WOW moment for me.

4. Kieran & Finian Makepeace

It was a nice performance but didn't do anything for me. Don't see them making it this week.

5. Mike Super and Desmond

The Desmond gimmick is pretty lame. The trick was lame too. Mel already had ash on her hand before going up, and her freak out was just a planned reaction to the taser noise. Would be very surprised if he made it.

6. Adrian Romoff

Wasn't a fan of this performance. He might make it through based on personality alone, but I think there's only so far you can go by just playing the piano.

7. Acro Army

It was an okay performance, had some cool tricks. Felt waaaaay too overdramatic for me. I see them being part of the Judge Decision.

8. Wendy Liebman

I didn't find her funny at all. I'm not sure what the judges were listening to. Only the Seinfeld-looking guy has been good so far, and even then he doesn't hold a candle to some of the comedians we've seen the past couple years.

9. Sons of Serendip

One of my favorite acts and they did not disappoint. I could listen to these guys for hours, they are so soothing and relaxing. I sincerely hope they make it far.

10. Blue Journey

I liked what they did. The overhead part was pretty cool in my opinion. I always hate the singers so I hope they go through and I'm pretty confident they will.

11. Christian Stoinev & Scooby

I think this is great and hope he can expand and do more things with Scooby. Olate Dogs won it all doing the exact same act every week, so I could see him going very far and possibly even winning it all.

12. Paul Ieti

Didn't think he sounded all that great, may have had some trouble hitting those high notes. I'm sure the producers want at least one singer to go through and I guess he was the "best" of the bunch since I don't really count Sons of Serendip as just a singing act.

OVERALL

I wasn't too impressed with what I saw tonight. Actually so far in this round I haven't seen too much to be excited about. Who I think will go through:

1. Sons of Serendip
2. Blue Journey
3. Christian Stoinev & Scooby
4. One of the singers, either Ana or Paul
5. One of the dance groups, either Acro Army or Cornell Bhangra

I really don't care who 4 and 5 are since there were really only 3 acts I enjoyed.

08-13-14, 11:02 PM (EST)
5. "Results!"
It was a very good week in AGT land, the voting must have been all over the place! Would the three acts I most wanted to see move on make it?

We also got some entertainment tonight in the form of canned Taylor Williamson (ha ha funny) and the spectacular Kenichi Ebina!

In the first elimination Sons of Serendip knocked Cornell Bhangra out of the competition. That's one! Both gave solid performances this week, though, and it is kind of a shame we won't be getting any more from the cultural dancers.

The next elimination had Blue Journey knocking out both Kieran & Finian Makepeace and Dragon House "The Agents." That's two! But again a shame, almost any other week the two-man band and the dance trio would have had solid shots.

Then it was time for America to choose between the singers, Paul Ieti and Anna Clendening. Personally, I would have preferred the kid pianist to either of them, but Paul got the sweet closing spot this week and easily defeated Anna.

No-brainer of the evening, at least in my opinion, pitted Christian Stoinev against Wendy Liebman, who wasn't even as funny as canned Taylor earlier tonight. Naturally, Christian had an almost pitifully easy takedown. And that's three! Yes, three for three, I'm happy.

Three acts remained, one had to be eliminated before taking it to the judges. AcroArmy, Adrian Romoff, and Mike Super took the stage, -- then Nick eliminated the kid genius and his chopsticks! Darnit, I was really starting to love Adrian.

So it went to the judges.
Heidi voted for AcroArmy
Howie voted for Mike Super
Mel voted for AcroArmy
And Howard pushed AcroArmy through, good-bye Mike Super.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •