The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-13, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins?"
And so we come to the end of the road for this season. Six acts remain, end of the road, time to pull out all the stops.

Hey, it has been a fun season, let's admit it. Even though the last remaining groups, especially the Chicago Boyz who were always amazing,have been eliminated, the votes have brung us down to these five deserving acts and one "huh."

Assess their chances of winning:

Cami Bradley, interpretive singer. Hey, if she goes country this time with something like "Queen of Hearts," who knows? She has a chance.

Collins Key, magician. This kid is toast unless he unexpectedly turns into a real magician and blows us away, his fan base cannot support him any further.

Forte, opera trio. With the right song they could sneak attack into the win.

Jimmy Rose, country singer. Yeah, he has a good chance of winning just by showing up, even though he is an average singer at best. In the end AGT isn't a talent competition, it is a popularity contest.

Kenichi Ebina, award-winning dancer, teacher, choreographer, director, basically an inventive guy. He has to top himself to have a chance for the win. I totally hope he does.

Taylor Williamson, comedian. He has to kill it. Should be a good set even if he doesn't kill it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins? TL 09-17-13 1
   RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins? dabo 09-17-13 3
 RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins? Corvis 09-17-13 2
 RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins? dabo 09-17-13 4
   RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins? point9seconds 09-18-13 5
       RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins? dabo 09-18-13 6
   RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins? Max Headroom 09-18-13 7
   RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins? TL 09-18-13 8
 RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins? UndercoverMonk 09-18-13 9
 Results! dabo 09-18-13 10
   RE: Results! Scarriemonster 09-18-13 11
       RE: Results! dabo 09-18-13 12
       RE: Results! KoalaChick 09-18-13 13
           RE: Results! dabo 09-19-13 14
               Season 8: Final Thoughts susang 09-20-13 15
       RE: Results! personofinterest 09-24-13 19
   RE: Results! jbug 09-20-13 16
 Cami dabo 09-20-13 17
   RE: Cami personofinterest 09-24-13 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TL 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-17-13, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-13 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

I think placement on the show will make a big difference this year, especially for the singers. Who I think will win, in order of least likely to most likely...

Taylor Williamson
I think he is great but he just won't get the votes. Not because he doesn't deserve them, but because America loves average singers. If Tom Cotter couldn't do it, I don't think Taylor can either.

Kenichi Ebina
Like Taylor, he is so much better than the solo singers and Collins Key, but I don't think he will be able to get enough votes to compete. It's just the sad truth.

Collins Key
He is going to do the same thing again and all the little girls will vote. The Twilight movies are some of the biggest, most successful movies of all time. Do not underestimate the power of the tweenage girl.

I'm hoping by some great miracle that Collins Key cannot perform and the KriStef Brothers come back for the Final. I know it won't happen, but it would be so awesome.

Cami Bradley
She is much better than Skinner I mean Rose, but I don't think her fan base is as big. I think between her and Rose and Forte it's really just a tossup.

Forte
I am 100% positive that a singing act will win. As such, I want it to be Forte. They are by far the best singing act of the Finals. With that being said, they will not win.

Jimmy Rose
Jimmy can come out, get on the mic and say "Hey America, I'm a country boy that served in the military. I got a gee-tar and I love coal! Yeeeeehaaaaawwww!" and then smash his guitar on the stage and leave. He will then become the winner of this season of America's Got Talent. Until next year!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-17-13, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins?"
I think Collins' fan base can maybe prevent him coming in last, but it just isn't strong enough to take on Jimmy's fan base.

Collins doesn't have much a chance of picking up many votes outside his established fan base, not with his one trick in endless iterations. Jimmy has the country niche to himself unless Cami poaches on it, which probably wouldn't hurt his chances very much.

With Branden out Forte has the opera niche to themselves. Taylor and Kenichi (and perhaps Cami) can pick up numbers from eliminated acts Catapult, KriStefs, the Boyz, IF, D'Angelo & Amanda.

Corvis 3121 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-17-13, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins?"
My guess is Forte wins it, which would be an okay outcome.

But I'd rather see Kenichi win.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cami win. If Jimmy Rose wins, I'll be disgusted. If Taylor wins, it had better be because everyone else had a bad night. Collins Key has zero chance.

09-17-13, 11:42 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins?"
Very entertaining performance night! Great show. The first hour had the premise of the six acts coming out and repeating a previous performance, which I thought was pretty unfair to a couple of acts. The second hour they had to perform again, but new sets.

01. Jimmy Rose. Good for him. Jimmy came out and repeated his best song, his own original composition about "th' coa' in'stry," dressed up a bit for Radio City Music Hall. And it was good. And he has definately improved since his initial audition.

02. Kenichi Ebina. Kenichi also repeated his first audition piece "The Matrix" dressed up more for RCMH and it was great! Loved seeing that set again.

03. Cami Bradley. Cami repeated her QF song, that Cher thing no one ever understood before Cami got ahold of it, and that's why I love her. She doesn't try to mimick other singers, she owns these performances.

04. Collins Key. Collins didn't actually repeat a performance but went back to doing close-up magic at teh judge's table, as he did in his first audition. And this was definately his best outing, especially when he got Heidi and Mel into the near kiss. And geeky kid not really a performer didn't show up for this one, so great he actually has grown and learned a few things. That said, it really wasn't that much of a trick, but he performed it well.

05. Forte. These guys repeated their Vegas performance, which was actually for the three of them their first performance together (because one guy dropped out after their initial audition). And they dressed it up with an orchestra and a backing chorus. And, um, they just went too big in my opinion, ended up competing with their orchestra and chorus.

06. Taylor Williamson. Absolutely hysterical, he properly came out and made a total mockery of the very idea of making a comedian repeat a set, and still managed to recycle some of his jokes! I was almost in tears that was so funny.

And rinse!

07. Cami Bradley. Forget what I said about her going country, she came out with a Beatles classic that was her most daring song choice yet; I mean absolutely everyone on the planet, even country yokels, knows "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." It was great, at least for demonstrating why she is Cami. But, really, that song has been covered by other stylists, everyone still thinks of the classic Fabs when they hear it.

08. Collins Key. Another stage performance, another involving the judges (though this time he didn't really let them choose anything, that was illusion), and for me it became a yawn.

09. Jimmy Rose. Country fans will probably forgive it, and I'm proud of him for not trying to mimick Garth, but this song was too much for him and I thought it showed. Wasn't horrible, but kind of disappointing.

10. Taylor Williamson. Another great set. While he didn't quite kill it this time had me laughing often. I think it was the nonsense with Heidi, he should have just left that out because it really didn't pertain to anything else.

11. Kenichi Ebina. Despite what Mel said, in-bloody-genius. I loved it! But I kinda get why Mel didn't stand, it wasn't the knockout punch I was really hoping for.

12. Forte. Unlike their earlier performance, this time they owned the stage and nailed it.

For my money the superstars tonight were, in order:

Kenichi
Cami
Taylor
Forte

with Collins and Jimmy just lucky to be there, but they done good, better than I expected.

point9seconds 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-18-13, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail point9seconds Click to send private message to point9seconds Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins?"
I agree with your breakdown. I really hope people vote based on the 6 performances as a whole. Kenichi had a solid night night but was it enough to beat Forte? I used all my votes for kenichi.

09-18-13, 01:10 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins?"
Welcome aboard. I ended up splitting my votes between Kenichi and Taylor, just couldn't decide between them. Cami was the best singer of the night and I'll gladly buy any CD full of her stylations she can produce, best singer no doubt.

Max Headroom 10035 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-13, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins?"
It's too bad this show is "America's Got Singers", because both Kenichi Ebina and Taylor Williamson are outstanding acts with no chance of winning.

I've watched this season on and off, but based on what I saw, none of the three singers/singing groups deserve to win. Jimmy Rose makes my ears bleed, Cami Bradley is ok but not great, and Forte is talented but a niche act since they sing opera.

And Collins Key? Didn't belong in the finals.

My rankings:
1. Kenichi Ebina
2. Taylor Williamson
3. Forte
4. Cami Bradley
1,893. Collins Key
93,266. Jimmy Rose

Which makes Jimmy Rose the favorite to win.

TL 20 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-13, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins?"
Pretty good night overall. Some acts showed that they really don't belong here in the Finals, well just two.

Cami Bradley
I'm surprised she didn't get better placement but I guess the producers want to give Kenichi and Taylor some kind of chance at winning. She is a good singer, but I still really don't get the hype about her. Most of her performances just remind me of those random people on YouTube doing acoustic guitar or piano covers of popular songs. To be honest, I thought she butchered a classic Beatles song.

I agree with the judges that compared to Jimmy and Forte she is different, but I really don't see her as unique. Maybe it's because I live in San Francisco? I can see artists like Cami at small clubs and coffee houses all over the city. I wouldn't mind too much if she won, but I don't think she is the most deserving.

Collins Key
The card trick was okay. I wish he would have done...I don't know, because all his performances have been pretty much the same. I don't agree with the judges about how cool he is for incorporating Twitter and YouTube and stuff like that. I actually hate it. I would rather see traditional magic with a twist. Not crap involving hash tags and online videos.

He will not win. His last act was terrible. It's so obvious that he gave Howie a non-verbal sign to stop going through the stack. He did that with all his other performances too. Then he picks three pictures in a row? That is not a trick, that is incredibly lazy and fake. Also the actors he brought on stage were awful. Their surprised expressions were the kind you see on late night infomercials.

His whole "I had a dream about this" schtick is lame. But oh his last name is on the back of the cards! Lame! I know I keep going on about this kid but I'm a big fan of magic and he just ruins it.

Jimmy Rose
I actually liked his coal song performance this time. I think it was his best, but still not finals worthy. I'm surprised the producers aren't pushing him more considering they could probably make money off his coal song. His second performance reaffirms why we all think it's a travesty for him to be a finalist.

Could he win? I think he still has a good shot. As has been said before, America does not vote on talent.

Taylor Williamson
Regardless of how he does, I would pay money to go see him. I don't think he stands a chance against three singing acts but will have a good career either way with all the publicity he has gotten from the show.

Kenichi Ebina
His redo of his original performance was much improved with all the snazzy special effects. I wasn't a fan of his last performance though. There was nothing wrong with it, it just didn't feel epic. I would still love for him to win but like Taylor, I don't think he stands a chance against three singing acts.

Forte
I think this is the first time I can honestly say I wasn't wowed by Forte. The production and stage was amazing though. I'm not much of an opera guy, not at all actually, so I didn't know the songs they were singing. They still sounded great, the songs just didn't do anything for me. This is still my pick to win it all, and they got to go last so I think that always helps.

UndercoverMonk 21 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-13, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UndercoverMonk Click to send private message to UndercoverMonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final #2 9/17/13 * Who Wins?"
Well guys we are nearing then end of a good not great season of AGT. The ridiculousness of having 6 acts perform twice in a 2 hour show aside it was ok. Only Jimmy topped their best performance. But lets go ahead and judge.

Cami Bradley: She chose her worst performance in my opinion and I still didnt like it. Her second was better but I just dont like her as a singer. I know some of you do but I just cant stand her voice and Im still pissed at what she did to "It's my Life" I dont think she can beat the fan base of Jimmy or the Power of Forte.

Collins Key: He gets worse and worse every week. I thought he should of referenced Tuchus (Still by far his best trick) but no he just has Heidi and Mel nearly kiss....OK that was clever. But the trick itself was lame and we know you are using plants kid that type of stuff doesnt work anymore. No chance at winning. None.

Forte: Holy Crap these guys can sing. Again not their best performance but they put on a show both times. I seriously think these guys might be our winners. Not much to say other than well done.

Jimmy Rose: He has grown on me as a singer. When I first heard the coal song I had horrible Kevin Skinner flash backs (STILL THE WORST AGT WINNER EVER) But I think his singing has amazingly improved week to week. He handles himself well and I wish him the best. But I dont want him to win.

Kenichi Ebina: I expected great things from him and was glad he chose his audition piece which was the only one that needed improving with staging. Still the second greatest audition ever. (1st is William Close and the Earth harp from last year). His second act was by far the weakest and I think he just finally ran out of gas. He had to arrange 2 seperate acts within one week thats 4 acts in 3 weeks people. If I judge total perfomance He deserves to be the winner this year not sure it can happen but perhaps the singers will knock each other out.

Taylor Williamson: It is a testiment to this kid that his repeat of that one performance was even funnier than his new material. And his interaction with the judges and Nick were even funnier than that. I would love to spend a few hours just listening to him riff with celebrities. Give him a talk show. Great sets but as one reviewer already said If Tom Cotter couldn't win what shot does Taylor and his lords have.

Ok looking back on the entire season my last power rankings:
1. Kenichi Ebina
2. Forte
3. Taylor Williamson
4. Jimmy Rose
5. Collins Key
6. Cami Bradley

How will America Vote:

6. Collins- I was surprised he made it this far.

5. Cami- Singing votes will be split between Forte and Jimmy

4. Taylor- Unless the Taylords are much more powerful than i give them credit I don't think Taylor can crack the top 3.

3. Jimmy Rose- I know America loves country but we havent had a true country singer actually win sinc Kevin Skinner 4 seasons ago. Jimmy doesnt have the star power the other two do.

2. Kenichi Ebina- He needed to wow with that last performance to steal the victory away from Forte and he couldnt do it. A well deserved runner-up and probably the only one who could actually do a long running Vegas Show. he has a career ahead of him.

Which makes your Winner...

FORTE!!! who will sing with Josh Groban and then celebrate with a million dollars (split between the 3 of them over the course of 40 years) yay....

And thats it gang my last scathing review. I may see you guys around the Survivor forums this fall and maybe the Voice. Its been a blast and I hope to see you all next Summer to do it all over again. I may or may not react to the winner. Happy Trails!!!!!

09-18-13, 11:02 PM (EST)
10. "Results!"
Thank you, America! Great season of AGT.

6th. Cami Bradley

5th. Collins Key

4th. Forte

3rd. Jimmy Rose

2nd. Taylor Williamson

Winner. Kenichi Ebina

Scarriemonster 16 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-13, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarriemonster Click to send private message to Scarriemonster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Results!"
It's Kenichi!

I'm so happy I could even hug that aggravating Ruby twit!

And hand it to Taylor...second place is no joke.

09-18-13, 11:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Results!"
But #2 is such a disgusting number.

Good for him that he could continue being funny after losing.

KoalaChick 507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-18-13, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Results!"
SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!

America got it right!

09-19-13, 07:06 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Results!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-13 AT 07:08 PM (EST)

Yes, I agree, at least insofar as the top two finalists (especially when you consider that each act had to prep three performances this week, 2 for the competition and 1 for the results show). I would have had the finish order differently, at least from the way I saw things.

6. Collins Key. I didn't think he deserved to be in the Top 6, his Top 12 performance with Nick's watch was maybe his worst performance. At least until his second Top 6 performance.

5. Jimmy Rose. While he was great on his own coal song, he struggled with the Garth Brooks song and only just managed to get through it. And in just a 90 second performance.

4. Forte. They botched their first Top 6 performance by going overboard with the orchestra and the chorus, it got to be a big mess until I was just wanting it to be over. Fortunately, they came back and closed the show with a great performance.

3. Cami Bradley. The singer who gave two wonderful performances without botching it. Her thing of taking a familiar song and turning it into a Cami song was her only slip. She managed to pull that off with a Cher song, she managed to pull that off with an Elvis song, but it was simply an impossible goal with that particular Beatles song.

susang 431 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-20-13, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Season 8: Final Thoughts"
The Good:

No YouTube Round
Mel B on the panel
Guest performances by Tom Cotter, Terry Fator, Olate Dogs
The season overall
Congrats to Kenichi Ebina

The Bad:

No Wild Card Round
Many acts not identified during auditions
Ruby (of Ruby & Jonas)
Please. No more spinoffs from Miami All-Stars, Untouchables

An observation. It has been a long time since a female has won AGT (Bianca Ryan, Season 1).

personofinterest 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-24-13, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Results!"
Taylor won more points with me by telling Kenichi how happy he was for him. Love them both.

You know Ruby will be back next year!

jbug 16718 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-13, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Results!"
Glad he won.
Next to him Forte was my favorite.

I didn't watch all of the episodes. I couldn't always record them and just couldn't get to them.

I went to youtube to watch his first performance again.
Mel had that "look" before he started -
that "judge the book by its cover" look.
Glad he showed her!

09-20-13, 08:52 PM (EST)
17. "Cami"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-america-got-talent-top-6-finalist-cami-bradley-talks-about-her-time-on-show-%28part-1%29-15301.php

I got high praise from the judges and I felt really good about all that I gave for my performances. So there's really not much more that I could ask for. ..

I really love Kenichi and I really love Taylor, and so, deep down I was rooting for both of them ..

I don't know what's to come! I'm kind of waiting to see what doors open, and I'm just excited to see what's next. ..

I have so many influences in my music, but I really love like a folk-pop type of feel. I would definitely lean towards that. ..

I don't know why they liked me so much! (Laughs) But it meant the world to me. I really respect all four of them and their opinions and everything they said during the competition, I was really able to take to heart.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-america-got-talent-top-6-finalist-cami-bradley-talks-about-her-time-on-show-%28part-2%29-15311.php

I put a lot of work and effort in and have had years of honing my voice and my musical talent. So I mean, I really think that we put just as much effort into what we do as anybody else does, but obviously it's a different craft.

So, someone like Kenichi, he's a genius, and he's putting hours and hours of time into what he does as well. And he has to be creative. But all of us are doing that ..

I do understand this is a variety show. But part of the variety is singers, so I think that we have a spot on the show. And it is really cool that the show gives other things an opportunity like comedians and acrobats and jugglers and stuff. But the point of variety is that there's variety! So I think that singers belong on the show just as much as anybody else does. ..

I never planned on winning. So I never really thought about what I would do with the money or what I would do with the title of it.

personofinterest 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-24-13, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Cami"
Thanks, dabo, for always posting and recapping this show.

I am so happy for Kenichi and for Taylor as well. They were my top two.

I would have placed Cami higher than 6th, but with such a positive attitude and modesty, I hope she is able to get a career.

Too bad that Collins and Jimmy were top 6th. I liked both of them early on - but thought that they both outstayed their welcome a few shows back.

I am sure I will be sucked in again next year!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •