The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-13, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
This week is a strong bill, five of twelve bringing on the song!

American Military Spouses Choir, choir.

Anna Christine, kid singer.

Branden James, opera singer.

Jimmy Rose, country singer.

Marty Brown, country singer.

Chicago Boyz Acrobatic Team, acrobats.

KriStef Brothers, acrobats.

Timber Brown, aerialist.

D'Angelo and Amanda, kid dancers.

Kenichi Ebina, dancer-ish guy.

Illusionist Leon Etienne and Romy Low, magician.

John Wing, comedian.

Six to move on, six to be eliminated, how will things play out? Tough call. Sob stories will be competing for votes, AMSC (good cause), Anna (kid factor), Chi Boyz (recovering from injury), D'A & A (kid factor), Jimmy (vet), John (recovering rollin' stone), KriStef (recovering from injury), Marty (over the top emotionalism), Timber (mama was a rollin' stone).

Seriously though, a strong line-up, should be a very entertaining performance program, provided the singers are appropriately spaced out. The variety acts are pretty much all visual (except the comedian), please blame the live-action directors for any suckitude editing cuts.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13 dabo 09-04-13 1
 RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13 UndercoverMonk 09-04-13 2
 RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13 Scarriemonster 09-04-13 3
 RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13 Corvis 09-04-13 4
   RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13 toad8098 09-04-13 5
       RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13 dabo 09-04-13 6
           RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13 frankz 09-04-13 7
 RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13 TL 09-04-13 8
 RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13 UndercoverMonk 09-04-13 9
   RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13 dabo 09-04-13 11
   RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13 Scarriemonster 09-04-13 12
 Results dabo 09-04-13 10
   RE: Results TL 09-05-13 13
       RE: Results dabo 09-05-13 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-04-13, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-13 AT 00:06 AM (EST)

Well, for me it seemed another odd semi, though better than last week by a little. Next week the Top 12 will compete for the Final 6 spots.

Who will go through this week?

01. D'Angelo & Amanda. Technically great dancers, well beyond their years, but tonight they weren't as good as last time. The techno theme was okay, but the middle of the set was ruined by too much smoke and glaring lighting -- Hey, I'm trying to watch TV here! -- and by the time they hit the water I was ready to be done with them.

02. Marty Brown. Okay, he got through this one without bombing, I'll take it easy on him from now on. Extremely safe song choice, both for it being right in his vocal comfort range and not too demanding on the guitar. Enjoyable, didn't wow me or anything.

03. Chicago Boyz. Got to say they managed to pull off quite a few really impressive tricks, really wow stuff. The performance as a whole was kind of hard to follow, especially with some bad director cuts, and I got tired of all the shouting, but I may throw some votes their way anyway. Haven't decided yet.

04. Leon & Romy. Very impressive series of tricks done in high energy style with a lot of flash and flare, though to be honest not everything went off with the precision it should have. Very entertaining, I must admit.

05. Anna Christine. No doubt about it, the strongest singer in the competition, at least until the next strongest singer in the competition shows up to be called the strongest singer in the competition. Incredible singing voice for someone her age and size. I was a bit disatisfied because that really isn't a song that should be done as a short performance.

06. Kenichi Ebina. Hate to say it but he disappointed me this time. His skill level may be off the scale, but this was a hard performance to follow at times and the blackout at the end was a real joykiller.

07. John Wing. I thought it was a good set, he was stronger last time, this time I wasn't laughing so much as thinking ain't it the truth, keep going m'man! May have to throw him some votes, I want to see what he comes up with next.

08. Branden James. Yep, the strongest singer in the competition, except for all the other strongest singers. It was pretty good singing on a technical level, but it was a bit lacking in the acting and emoting that is part of opera and musical theater in general.

09. KriStef Brother. Amusing as the opening stuff was, it took them too long to really get going, but once they did they had some really wowzer tricks! And then they lost me with the sword swallowing. Damn. Sorry, it creeps me out, fake or not.

10. American Military Spouses Choir. Really weird song choice, and I wasn't wowed anyway. It's not about angels, Heidi, it's about dealing with depression. Given their cause I understand why this song would be one they do, but it really isn't a good choir song, and it's a really lousy competition song.

11. Timber Brown. That was not his best by any stretch. Remind me again why falling in a big tub of water is dangerous? Oh, right, water makes things slick for the rest of what he does, but having the water there to fall right into repeatedly kind of makes that slick less dangerous. There were some very impressive aerials in the performance, though, from what I could tell. The stage was way too busy, extremely distracting, and made it hard to follow or enjoy.

12. Jimmy Rose. Yep, the averagist singer in the competition! He was okay, I do think he's improved a bit, the sound mixer wasn't doing him any favors tonight.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

UndercoverMonk 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-04-13, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail UndercoverMonk Click to send private message to UndercoverMonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
Well as expected the variety acts totally outshone the singers. And this group as a whole totally outshone last week's. But despite the judges attempts to fix America's mistake I would be on at least 3 singers making it into the next round. But lets get into a night of good to great to amazing.

1. D'angelo and Amanda: These two amazing young dancers got a horrible draw. I love their chemistry. But I almost hope they don't make it through so that I don't have to hear from his annoying bratty sister. Shockingly I found myself agreeing with Mel. The stuff on the back of the stage was moves I had already seen. The song choice was odd at best. But my god when they moved to the water it was beautiful and as Howard said dangerous. Well done kids. Not sure with their draw if they will make it through but they do have the Miami All Stars army at their backs.

2. Marty Brown: I love that they gave this guy a tough draw on a tough night. I like Marty but he shouldn't be here. I had hoped he would blow us away and...he didn't. Safe song choice but he didn't even sing it that well. That song was wrong for his voice. That's a tenor song and Marty is not a Tenor. At least he didn't bomb. With all the sob stories and singers I think we can safely count Marty out...I hope.

3. Chicago Boyz: Why does NBC hate these guys. I had hoped to see them late in the night. Their last performance may have been the best act I've seen this year. At first I was a little worried because it started a bit slow. Then one of them got on anothers shoulders and anothers shoulders and then my dad (who I was watching with) jokingly said they were going to jump rope like that. I laughed too then watched as they jumped not one but three ropes. Holy Crap everytime these guys bring something new and I will not doubt them again. Their passion energy and enthusiasm is infectious. I used all 10 of my votes on them. BRAVO!!!

4. Leon and Romy: The judges said they were the best wildcard and while performance-wise they were probably right. But they were also the only one where I questioned if I wanted to see them. Tonight it was pretty much a snooze fest. I had seen all these tricks before and done a lot better. Seriously that quick change was pathetic. No chance they go through.

5. Ana Christine: I've been a pretty vocal critic of Ana. But I think she did redeem herself tonight...a very little bit. She still clearly suffers from nerves. This is what happens when you let an eleven year old sing on live tv at a venue like Radio City. her arms were stiff and the soft beginning of her song she was struggling. But she picked a perfect song. The chorus allows her to belt which covers up her nerves and probably saved her season. I think she may make it.

6. Kenichi Ebina: This guy is sooooooooo creative. How he can come up with this stuff is so amazing. (I'm gonna be using that word a lot.) Howie nailed it on the head he does so much to bring us entertainment. He was more magical than the magicians. Even though he isn't getting any of my votes I really hope he makes it through. C'mon America.

7. John Wing: Last week Angela Hoover got zero laughs while Taylor Williamson had me in tears. John was right in between. He had a funny set and a great character and voice. His joke were good but not nearly as great as his 3-word rant from last time. All in all a very enjoyable act but not one likely to make it to the next round. I hope comedy central picks him up I would love to hear a full set from him.

8. Branden James: The final opera singer of the semis. Much like the comedian he was in between the other two acts in his category. Not as epic as Forte but much better than Jonathon. I loved the set and staging and the song was nice. I think Howard was correct yet again. He sings with power but I didn't feel the passion. I'm not sure if America will put him through.

9. Kristef Bros: That fall in rehersal has really changed this season. Imagine if Kristed Bros. performed that routine last week they would easily be in. and red Panda would have made the voting this week easier. But instead we have to add these guys to an amzing night of talent. That trick with the chair was unbelievable. They also brought their brand of comedy that really lets them stand out. They should move on no problem.

10. American Military Spouses Choir: They lost the soloist they depend on to cover up for their mistakes. And it showed the judges hammered them pretty hard saying it was nice but not good enough. Howie gave a great rant about judging talent not stories. I doubt America will listen but one can hope.

11. Timber Brown: I was surprised he got such a good draw. He said we would be shocked at what he would do next. I was was...bored. Which did shock me. I agreed with Howard that the mistakes early slowed him down. Plus him dropping into water was far less shocking as him spinning in a metal ball above the hard floor. I like him and do hope he moves on but I'm not holding my breath Timber.

12. Jimmy Rose: And here's Jimmy. i really dislike his voice but he does sing with passion and at least makes fewer mistakes than Marty. The bad news he is going through (despite the judges criticism) the good news every vote for him is a vote not going to Marty or the wives.

And now to my power rankings:
1. CHICAGO BOYZ CHICAGO BOYZ CHICAGO BOYZ!!!!!!!
2. Kristef Bros.
3. Kenichi Eibina
4. D'angelo and Amanda
5. John Wing
6. Timber Brown
7. Branden James
8. Ana Christine
9. Jimmy Rose
10. American Military yaddad yadda
11. Marty Brown
12. Leon and Romy

Now on to whats actually likely to happen LOL

America will vote
1. Jimmy Rose
2. Kristef Bros.
3. kenichi Eibina
4. American Military yadda yadda
5. Ana Christine

with a judges pick between the BOYZ and Branden James. Hopefully the judges and america will put through the boyz. would love to see De'angelo/Amanda grab a spot from one of the singers as well.

Scarriemonster 13 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-13, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarriemonster Click to send private message to Scarriemonster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
In the interest of full disclosure, I hate singing. Country music exists as proof that hell exists on earth. Now that we all know where I'm coming from...

>American Military Spouses Choir, choir--The judges did a very fair job of complimenting the ladies yet driving home the idea that maybe they've pushed as far as they can go.

>Anna Christine, kid singer--I liked her outfit.

>Branden James, opera singer--He probably shouldn't have taken a risk.

>Jimmy Rose, country singer--I'm sure he's a fine fellow.

>Marty Brown, country singer--It hurts to watch him.

>Chicago Boyz Acrobatic Team, acrobats--Wow! Quite the comeback. I love an act that engages me enough to lose track of time.

>KriStef Brothers, acrobats--The balls on these guys! They took the worst and turned it into the best.

>Timber Brown, aerialist--What the hell was he doing, anyway? What was that? Why'd he keep falling into the water? Was it on purpose? I suspect he blew it for himself, and that's sad.

>D'Angelo and Amanda, kid dancers--Excellent, but I can take them or leave them in the finals.

>Kenichi Ebina, dancer-ish guy--He's still my favorite, and now even more so.

>Illusionist Leon Etienne and Romy Low, magician--I don't get what's supposed to be so spectacular about them.

>John Wing, comedian--He's hilarious and comes from a totally different place than Taylor.

All in all, a much more interesting show than last week.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-04-13, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
01. D'Angelo & Amanda. I really enjoy watching them every time. I hope they make it through. Going first could really hurt their chances though.

02. Marty Brown. He was *yawn* fine.

03. Chicago Boyz. These guys are just fun to watch. I hope they make it through.

04. Leon & Romy. Not original or interesting. We've seen the people disappearing and reappearing a million times. Plus, I swear I saw more than I was supposed to of one of the trick boxes.

05. Anna Christine. She was great. But for some reason, I'm not that excited about her. Maybe it was song choice.

06. Kenichi Ebina. Not as good as last time, but still really good. I hope he makes it.

07. John Wing. Stereotypical 'comedy' about marriage. It was stupid and outdated and at times offensive.

08. Branden James. Enh.

09. KriStef Brothers. Still enjoying them. Hope they make it through.

10. American Military Spouses Choir. I am so done with them. Don't care anymore.

11. Timber Brown. Really not a good set, but based on what we know he can do, I hope he gets through. I really want to see him have a chance to redeem himself.

12. Jimmy Rose. Please, please don't let this kid through.

My top six are in no order...Timber Brown, KriStef Brothers, Kenichi Ebina, Chicago Boyz, and D'Angelo & Amanda. Yes, that's actually five. I have to pick another one? Okay, Anna Christine.

toad8098 197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-04-13, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
My rankings from yesterday's semis:

1. Kenichi Ebina
2. Chicago Boyz
3. KriStef Brothers
4. Timber Brown
5. Anna Christine
6. Marty Brown
7. John Wing
8. D'Angelo & Amanda
9. Branden James
10. American Military Spouses Choir
11. Leon & Romy
12. Jimmy Rose

realistically, I think AGT could already move onto the final 6 with Ebina, Chicago Boyz, KriStef Borthers, Forte, Taylor Williamson & Collins Key.

09-04-13, 01:48 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
I guess I'm out in left field this week, as my rankings wouldn't match anyone else's. Based on the performances this week:

1. Chicago Boyz.
2. D'Angelo & Amanda. Not that I want to see them again, but I try not to hold it against any act if directors and sound mixers and coaches and whoever make bad decisions not in their control.
3. Anna Christine. Great song for her but not a great song to chop the life out of to fit into 90 seconds.
4. John Wing.
5. Kenichi Ebina. Mainly for the inventiveness he continues to display, amazing body mechanics that hearken back to Buster and Red and others. The screen guy keeping it up through the judges and all, that was fantastic.
6. Leon & Romy. It was entertaining though they sacrificed precision for speed.
7. Branden James.
8. Jimmy Rose.
9. Timber Brown.
10. Marty Brown.
11. KriStef Bros.
12. AMSC.

Normally sword swallowing would get an act to the bottom of the pile, but I really thought the choir deserved an X or two.

frankz 1211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-04-13, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
Ok, based on this week’s performances you aren’t too far off. But really, Marty Brown over the KriStef Brothers?

I’m going to use past performances and these are my top 6, in no particular order.

Chicago Boyz – They are fun to watch

Anna Christine – I think she’s great. Amazing voice and it’s not just because she’s 11 but that adds to the amazement.

Kenichi Ebina – Last performance was much better, this was a little bit of a letdown. But his potential and past performances put him through.

Timber Brown – Past performances. Last night wasn’t that great. Too much time in the water but I’d go see him.

KriStef Bros – I like them, would go see them.

Leon & Romy – I like magic. Sure, we’ve seen all these tricks before but there were a lot in 90 seconds.

Bottom 6

D'Angelo & Amanda – They really are good. Not my thing but have to admire their talent.

John Wing – Just not good enough. A very accomplished stage performer but it didn’t make me laugh very much.

Branden James – Again, very talented but Forte is my pick in this category.

Jimmy Rose – I really liked his first song, the one he wrote about coalminers. Right now, just another average country singer.

Marty Brown – He shouldn’t have made it this far. Nothing about him I like.

AMSC – There was nothing spectacular about their performance. However I think they will make it through. Not from my vote but . . . .

I think America will put AMSC in over either KriStef Bros or Leon & Romy.

Also think D'Angelo & Amanda will get in over Timber Brown.

I've tried nothin' and I'm all out of ideas!

TL 16 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-13, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
It seems like all the non-singing acts took a step back this week and that all the singing acts took a step forward by not totally sucking. The non-singers were still much better than the singers though. To me it almost feels like the producers wanted the non-singers to dumb it down to give all these crappy singers a chance.

D'Angelo & Amanda
I missed this performance so I can't comment on it but it sounds like I didn't miss much. I can't say if they deserve to go on or not but I hope they do not and I hope this is the last time we see anything Miami All-Stars related.

Marty Brown
When stepping up means you didn't totally bomb, then there is a big problem. He was okay but he doesn't deserve to move on. Unfortunately he probably will. I'm hoping that Marty and Jimmy Rose cancel each other out and that neither goes through. One can only hope...

Chicago Boyz
These kids are fantastic. This is why I watch this show. Great tricks and great energy. I am afraid they might not get the votes but they definitely deserve it.

Leon & Romy
Not a great performance but still better than the last two "tricks" that Collins Key did. I don't think Leon is that great of a magician in general, his tricks are a little sloppy. I still hope they make it through though just for the fact that they are not singers and are not associated with the Miami All-Stars guy.

Anna Christine
She was the best singing act tonight but that's not saying much. Overall I'd put her way under Forte but still above everyone else. I don't want her to go through but I think she has a good shot.

Kenichi Ebina
He should have swapped this with the video game performance, but this was still very solid on a night when there were no WOW! acts. I think he will get through to the next round.

John Wing
Again, not as good as last week but I still had some laughs. I think Taylor would whoop him in direct competition. I don't think there is an issue with having two comedians move on. He will have a tough time making it through though with all the singers this week.

Branden James
I felt like he was trying to copy Forte, except he was not anywhere near as good as them. We got rid of Jonathan Allen, America, let's do it again!

KriStef Brothers
Being able to perform after such a horrific accident is a sign of true professionals. Knowing the swords were fake kinda ruined it a little for me though, as it made the stunt a lot less dangerous. The chair acrobatics were incredible though. These guys and Kenichi are the only one I feel confident about making it past the singers.

American Military Spouses Choir
That was a nice audition. Oh wait, it's the semi-finals?

Timber Brown
Contestants should stop using words like "shocking" and "never seen before" to describe their performances. It just sets all of us up for a big let down. His last performance was much better, but I like his total body of work (no pun intended) so far on the show. I would like to see what else he can do.

Jimmy Rose
Jimmy and Marty should form a duo, that way we don't have to watch them on two separate occasions and can kill (eliminate) two birds with one stone. Either Jimmy or Marty is going to make it. I'm going to go for the worst case scenario and say they both make it.

Who I Want to Move On
Chicago Boyz
Leon & Romy
Kenichi Ebina
John Wing
KriStef Brothers
Timber Brown

Who I Think Will Move On
D'Angelo & Amanda
Marty Brown
Anna Christine
Kenichi Ebina
Branden James
Jimmy Rose

UndercoverMonk 18 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-13, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UndercoverMonk Click to send private message to UndercoverMonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
Wow!!!! I don't normally recap the results usually cause Im so disgusted but man did they do well with the format for once and America why not voting according to my wishes came pretty close and probably got it right.

First up was Timber.....Branden....american military yada yada. Two good acts who did ok and an overated sob story with the word america in their name. we all know how this will go. America chose....Branden James!!! Holy crap well done. I liked Timber better as a whole but Branden probably did the best of these three and I'm ok with him being in the top 12. He will get smashed by Forte anyway.

Next up was Chicago Boyz and kristoff Bros. Oh god my two faves. Please...please...please America. Both go through. YES YES YES YES!!!!!!God Bless you America these two stole the show last night can not wait to see what they do next.

After a great Performance from Team iLuminate (They have come far nd are a legit vegas level show now. Would love to go see their show we get the Country Boys. Perfect. We knew Jimmy was a shoo-in but it seems Marty is gone. And....yep Jimmy is moving on. Its a little sad because Marty is a genuinely nice guy but his time had come.

Now it gets tense because we have 5 acts left and only two spots open. Going into the last c-break I assumed we would be joined by Kenichi and Ana.

Next up was Leon and Romy....John Wing....and Kenichi. Obviously its Kenichi but this means the judges will have to choose between the two best kid acts of the season expect some tears. Kenichi does go through. and leon and romy will be on Fallon (oh....kay...hmmmm why not john he was better than they were, Howard must really like them).

Finally we are down to Ana and DnA (thats my new shorthand for the dancers). I am sure that DnA are doomed. Heidi says DnA. Hey we got a chance Howard defended them against Howie last night. Mel says Ana. (of course). Howard is up he says...Ana. Oh no Howie will put the nail in the coffin. Except he doesn't. he chooses DnA. Which means America will vote. Cmon Florida come through for us. And shockingly Ana goes down. DnA are going into the top 12.

To recap our Top 12 is:
1. Forte
2. Jimmy Rose
3. Kenichi Eibina
4. Taylor Willaimson
5. Chicago Boyz
6. Kristoff Bros.
7. Catapault Entertainment
8. Cami Bradley
9. Branden james
10. D'Angelo and Amanda
11. Collins Key
12. Innovative Force

The top 6 are clearly better than the bottom and hopefully America votes that way. Cya next week. And welcome back football tomorrow night =)

09-04-13, 11:01 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
Good review, jump in with more of those any time you feel like.

Scarriemonster 13 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-13, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarriemonster Click to send private message to Scarriemonster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Semifinal #2 9/3/13"
Well that went pretty much as I thought it would, and for once in a good way. I really have to feel sorry for Timber Brown, though. Every other time he was such a master of form and space and motion that it was hard for me to imagine him not going on from the semi-finals. He seemed to take it well, but I think he was shocked.

And for the record, that Ruby twit still makes my tubes want to tie themselves, so I'm hoping no more cameos.

"All statements are true in some sense,
false in some sense, meaningless in some
sense, true and false in some sense,
true and meaningless in some sense,
false and meaningless in some sense, and
true and false and meaningless in some
sense."
--Principia Discordia

09-04-13, 10:55 PM (EST)
10. "Results"
Well, it was great seeing iLuminate again, they really knocked my socks off this week. Fall Out Boy, yeah another good guest act.

This week America got what it wanted, whether I liked it or not.

The first three acts called up were:

American Military Spouses Choir
Branden James
Timber Brown

Would it be a none of the above? Nah, Nick then announced that Branden was in the Top 12! You know, America, only one singer deserved to move on this week, and it wasn't Branden. Would have liked to have seen Timber go ahead, but his performance this week was sub-par.

The next two acts called up were:

Chicago Boyz
KriStef Brothers

Hate to see either of them go, actually, but based on this week's performances America had to pick Chicago Boyz, they just had to, am I right! But then Nick announced that both acts would be moving on to the Top 12! Well, alright.

No more sword swallowing, I'm beggin', no more sword swallowing!

The next two called out were:

Marty Brown
Jimmy Rose

Battle of the Kentucky Boys! Neither really deserved to move on, but it was predictable that America would get at least one of them through.. please don't be a both please don't be a both .. and then Nick announced that Jimmy was in the Top 12, so long Marty.

Whew!

The next three acts to face judgment:

Leon & Romy
John Wing
Kenichi Ebina

Tough call, none were really at their best this week, and then it turned out America had voted for Kenichi! Good for him.

That left the judges choice between the kids, Anna Christine (the only singer this week who should have had a chance) and D'Angelo & Amanda. Meanie judges having to decide between the kids, that's what AGT is all about.

Heidi voted for the dancers, then Mel voted for the singer, then Howard voted for the singer, then Howie voted for the dancers. Leaving it once again to America's actual votes to break the tie. And D'Angelo & Amanda are in the Top 12!

Please, America, for the next week or two, please please please, don't anyone point a video camera at that rotten brat Ruby.

TL 16 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-13, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Results"
I knew both the Chicago Boyz and KriStef brothers were going through. When they called up both Marty and Jimmy, I was hoping they'd do a reverse and say neither were going through. Oh well, at least one is gone.

I'm pleasantly surprised that only two singers made it through this week. Too bad the only good one, Anna Christine, did not make it. Forte will destroy Branden James but who will battle Jimmy? He will now have the combined redneck might of his AND Marty's followers.

Jimmy Rose may now be unstoppable.

09-05-13, 11:36 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Results"
I don't think Jimmy is unstoppable just yet. But if he lands another sweet performance slot next week he he could sail right into the Final 6. He does connect with a lot of the audience, obviously, and let's face it: country and rock singers can get away with being average singers. Country and rock fans can be very forgiving of -- in fact sometimes actually embrace -- mistakes.

That still doesn't excuse Marty being able to survive his quarterfinal fiasco.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •