The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-13, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-13 AT 04:47 PM (EST)

Four more acts to go through this week. Will we get another country singer? More kids? Both??

Virginia State University Gospel Chorale, gospel group.

Catapult Entertainment, shadow-dance company.

Duo Resonance (Nina and Yury), acrobats.

2Unique (Miss Lela Brown and DJ Young), kid rap act.

Sprice (Steve Price), Rube Goldberg machine constructor.

John Wing, comedian.

Melody Caballero, kid dancer-contortionist (also does trapeze, in line to be the next Robin the Kid Wonder).

Dave Fenley, singer-songwriter.

Ruby & Jonas, kid dancers.

D'Angelo & Amanda, better kid dancers.

Selena Mykenzie Gordon, teen singer.

Sam Johnson, daredevil.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 UndercoverMonk 08-20-13 1
   RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 dabo 08-20-13 2
 No Wild Cards dabo 08-20-13 3
 RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 bsquared 08-20-13 4
 RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 dabo 08-21-13 5
 RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 UndercoverMonk 08-21-13 6
 RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 Scarriemonster 08-21-13 7
   RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 Corvis 08-21-13 9
       RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 UndercoverMonk 08-21-13 12
 RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 Corvis 08-21-13 8
   RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 dabo 08-21-13 10
 RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 TL 08-21-13 11
 RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 UndercoverMonk 08-21-13 13
   RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 Scarriemonster 08-21-13 16
 RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 bsquared 08-21-13 14
   RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 dabo 08-21-13 15
       RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 Scarriemonster 08-21-13 17
           RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 dabo 08-22-13 18
               RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 TL 08-22-13 19
                   RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 dabo 08-22-13 21
 RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13 personofinterest 08-22-13 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

UndercoverMonk 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-20-13, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UndercoverMonk Click to send private message to UndercoverMonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
this looks like it could be another great round where deserving acts do not go through. the only ones I actively rooting against are 2 unique and selena gordon for obvious reasons.

LOL at better kid dancers dabo you are the man for putting that nugget of truth there. Especially looking forward to Sprice.

I will also post who I believe should be brought back for wildcard after tonights show. See you all there

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-20-13, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
I was planning on starting a Wild Card Picks thread after the decisions tomorrow, but go ahead and start one yourself if you want. That's how things work here at RTVW, jump in and do it yourself if you think something needs doing.

08-20-13, 09:13 PM (EST)
3. "No Wild Cards"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-13 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

Darn, the semis start next week with no WC Week. Vote smart this week, America, please and thanks.

bsquared 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-20-13, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bsquared Click to send private message to bsquared Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
This was probably one of the toughest weeks for me. there are plenty of good acts week and I know some of the best acts of the night will be going home. I wish that they had taken some of these acts and put them on weaker weeks. My personal top four would be:

Dave Fenley (One of my favorite singers on the show)

John Wing (I like Taylor better, but he was good too)

Duo Resonance (Who danced to my favorite song = bonus points)

D'Angelo and Amanda (really surprised me)

I hate to be that guy, but I really think Catapult Entertainment used the events in Newtown as a way to get votes. I don't think their act had much to do with it, and they could have passed off the act simply about the circle of life. I know it probably means a lot to them, but it wasn't necessary in my opinion. It basically guarantees their spot In the semis. Also, they aren't as original as everyone thinks, as they are basically the same thing as the silhouettes from the few seasons ago. But we all know they're getting in any way to replace them with one of my top 4, and I think you have who will make it.

08-21-13, 00:15 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-13 AT 00:20 AM (EST)

Pretty good program tonight. I will note that the sound problems from before were pretty much fixed this time. Couple of minor glitches during the first act (won't hold it against them) but then things seemed to work out. No X'es this week.

01. Virginia State University Gospel Chorale. Madonna? I'm sorry but you just can't do justice to that song in a 90 second condensed version. That said, the chorus was great, the choreography was fantastic, the first soloist was able to hold her own. Then main soloist Bernard took over, and I'm sorry but I just cringe when he goes to the shrieking upper range. I've had it with him, no thanks. If a spot on rock band can get voted down because the vocalist wasn't that good, let's have no more of VSUGC.

02. Melody Caballero. Very neat set, and Howie should just shut up sometimes. I was amazed, if a kid should go through this week let it be this one. That said, it may hurt her that she made it seem so laid back. And the early spot in the program won't help.

03. Dave Fenley. America, if you have to have a singer go through this week (though we have enough of them already), let it be this guy. The other two country boys don't hold a candle to this guy, now that's how you do it! (I did think he struggled a wee bit at one point, but he was still better than the has-been and the up-and-comer.)

04. 2Unique. Didn't like this act from the first time we saw them, the judges let them have it, Mel didn't say "off the chain."

05. Sam Johnson. Is just insane. Neat, more swaypole, oh jebus he stood on top of it. Uh oh, dropped his hat, fatal Kid the Wiz mistake? Oh my goodness what an insane stunt!!! For whatever reason, I have a feeling this could be the end of his run, but wow, I won't be displeased if America votes him through.

06. Duo Resonance. Beautiful routine, kinda dance-ish, it came off to me as kinda cheesy instead of sensual actually, but I won't be surprised if they destroyed Melody's chances. Stage clutter kinda got irritating to me at a few points.

07. D'Angelo & Amanda. Enough with teh smoke or fog or whatever it is. These kids sure can dance, that was pretty intense. I'm so not into the sibling rivalry or the two girls' attitudes, but D&A were the better pair tonight.

08. Selena Mykenzie Gordon. I wasn't rooting against her or anything, I really do prefer to enjoy the acts even when I'm not rooting for them. This was disappointing, she just couldn't handle the pressure.

09. John Wing. Yeah, he had me laughing, a lot more than Taylor, and the finish with the string of three-word sentences was very strong.

10. Sprite. Okay that was cool but I really have to say -- Hey, stupid director, don't cut to friggin' Howie during the big finish climax of a visual act, you moron!!! Anyway, fun show, but like Howard said probably better suited for a geek convention.

11. Ruby & Jonas. Liked their energy, liked that they didn't fall this time, it really wouldn't bother me if both Miami dance pairs got sent home. If one pair makes it make it the better one, America.

12. Catapult Entertainment. Here's the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k

These guys will probably get through, it was a strong set, didn't even need the Newtown angle to sell it, way to get to America though.

My votes this time, hm..

John Wing .. Sam Johnson .. Melody .. I don't know.

08-21-13, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail UndercoverMonk Click to send private message to UndercoverMonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
Holy crap that may have been the best week of them all. Shame on AGT producers for stocking all the talent in weeks 3 and 5. Especially without a wildcard show for america to fi xthe producers mistakes. Luckily we will have four wildcard acts joining the semifinals. But they will be chosen by the judges (producers) not america. since at the moment half of the acts in the semis are singing acts I sincerely hope we avoid adding any this week.Speaking of which, last week I called all 4 acts by doubling down on singing I won't be doing that this week and hope that america doesn't dissapoint. Enough stalling lets get to recapping.

1. Virginia State University Gospel Chorale: These guys are loads better than the wives but since they (like 3 penny) do not have a story they don't get the sweet pimp spot at the end. So they will not be moving on. That said I didn't think that they chose the right song or singer. They needed to let the bald guy take them through that was their only chance and I think they blew it.

2. Melody Caballero: I'm not a huge fan of straight contortion it makes me uncomfortable. She was very good if noticeably nervous. But she was just outshone by later acts. Nothing she could do against this competition. I did love howard's speech about the double standard on this show. Singers don't have to up their game why do acrobats, jugglers, and dancers.

3. Dave Fenley: Surprised to see him this early in the show. Good song choice and only a few moments when I felt he went a little out of tune. As a decent solo singer he has a shot at making it but I'm hoping America forgot about him.

4. 2 Unique: I'm not sure why they moved on from Vegas. What a trainwreck. they ruined not one but two great rap songs from my childhood. Get off the stage now.

5. Sam Johnson: What this guy does is amazingly dangerous and exciting. What I think hurts an act like this is how cynical we as a nation have become. Just because he is unlikely to die (he is a professional after all) doesn't eleviate the danger. If I got up there, there is a distinct possibility I would die. I thought it was horrible that Mel basically said that she didnt believe it was dangerous since he survived. Probably won't move on but I liked it.

6. Duo Resonance: Holy crap. While most of the acts have been good so far this is the first that totally rocked it. They owned the stage and I was absolutely stunned by the beauty, strength and control. I hope America votes for them.

7. D'Angelo & Amanda: Everything I said about Duo applies to these guys. They are in such a higher class than Ruby and Jonas. Some of the most amazing dancing I've ever seen. why didn't they get the later routine?

8. Selena Mykenzie Gordon: The only other act of the night that bombed. She will not be going through as she doesn't have Marty's story or weak competition. moving on.

9. John Wing: This guy is hilarious and on any other night he would be going through. but as funny as he is he will most likely need Howard or Howie to help bring him through with the wild card pick.

10. Sprice: I love what this kid does. And while stage presence would be nice in this case it is not necesarry. How was Mel bored by that. Will he move on I'm not sure. Its a tough night.

11. Ruby and Jonas: While they are talented Howie was right it was a bad routine. They shouldn't have moved on from Vegas and I hope America ignores the cuteness factor and sends them to the sidelines to cheer for the real talent D'angelo and Amanda. (Alos shame on AGT and NBC for exploting the siblings)

12. Catapult Entertainment: After watching their intro package they "earned" a spot in the semis. I like what they do but I wasn't all that impressed with their story this time. silhouetts was better a couple years ago. But like I siad they are in.

Power Rankings:
1. D'angelo and Amanda
2. Duo Resonance
3. John Wing
4. Sprice
5. Catapault Entertainment
6. Sam Johnson
7. Ruby and Jonas
8. VSU Gospel Chorale
9. Dave Fenley
10. Melody Caballero
11. Selena Mykenzie Gordon
12. 2 Unique

How America Will Vote:
1. Catapault
2. D'Angelo and Amanda
3. Duo Resonace

judges choice could be anyone between Sprice, Dave Fenley or John. This is a tough one to call. Im only certain about Catapult. As long as duo and d'angelo make it I will be pretty happy.

Who deserves one of the four second chance slots:
1. 3penny Orchestra
2. John Wing assuming he doesn't make it.
3. Alexandr Magala (crazy sword swallowing guy)
4. Mitsi Dancing School

I wouldn't mind seeing Hype or David ferman either.

Scarriemonster 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-13, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarriemonster Click to send private message to Scarriemonster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
Has there been a lot of glue sniffing at NBC this year?

>Virginia State University Gospel Chorale, gospel group--Um, no. I remember my communications class in college, where we analyzed the "Like A Prayer" video for its symbolism (mainly religious in nature). With that in my mind, I found this a very odd choice for a gospel choir. And about that--what's a gospel choir doing competing to perform in Las Vegas? Just saying is all...

>Catapult Entertainment, shadow-dance company--I would have liked it better if they hadn't gone for the "tribute to Sandy Hook" bit. It seemed in poor taste to me.

>Duo Resonance (Nina and Yury), acrobats--Not bad, but has been said, acts like this should be part of a bigger show.

>2Unique (Miss Lela Brown and DJ Young), kid rap act--How about Stale Misnomer instead?

>Sprice (Steve Price), Rube Goldberg machine constructor--This isn't really an act, but it definitely has a place on the university circuit.

>John Wing, comedian--I loved him.

>Melody Caballero, kid dancer-contortionist (also does trapeze, in line to be the next Robin the Kid Wonder)--"Red Panda called. She's having some personal issues. So we decided to call you up in her place." Wouldn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

>Dave Fenley, singer-songwriter--Please, no more country singers. I'm begging here.

>Ruby & Jonas, kid dancers--Ruby is so obnoxious that it overshadows any talent. Seriously, this is the kind of snot that makes my tubes start to tie themselves.

>D'Angelo & Amanda, better kid dancers--Now these guys are amazing without an ego problem!

>Selena Mykenzie Gordon, teen singer--I was like "Yeah, you sing. What sets you apart now?"

>Sam Johnson, daredevil--Similar kind of letdown as Daredevil the movie.

I'll admit to being especially crabby this week. In truth all of these people are doing things I can't do, so I have to give props for that much.

"All statements are true in some sense,
false in some sense, meaningless in some
sense, true and false in some sense,
true and meaningless in some sense,
false and meaningless in some sense, and
true and false and meaningless in some
sense."
--Principia Discordia

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-21-13, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
"Seriously, this is the kind of snot that makes my tubes start to tie themselves."

You made me literally laugh out loud with that one. The girl could learn a little from her brother who was very classy.

08-21-13, 04:34 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
thats what happens when you have kids this young with parents who tell them just how talented they are. they become entitled little snots. And the chemistry between amanda and de'angelo is hilarious. I almost died laughig when she said we will see whether they will get back together.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-21-13, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
Virginia State University Gospel Chorale - Enh, they were good, but I didn't really care that much. And I also can't stand that high pitched screaming soloist.

Melody Caballero - Pretty cool stuff she can do. Probably not enough to get through though.

Dave Fenley - Well, he was better than some of the singers who got through already, but I wasn't that excited about him.

2Unique - Give the kids a sitcom. This was not fun to watch.

Sam Johnson - It was hard to follow exactly what he was doing. And I don't see how this is a complete act. These acts where it's one trick, even if it's cool, are not enough for me. I want to see a show - a production.

Duo Resonance - I really enjoyed this act. It was beautiful, told a story, and gave me goose bumps. I hope they make it through.

D'Angelo & Amanda - I liked them a lot too. So incredibly talented. So committed to the dance. They really got it besides just being perfect technically.

Selena Mykenzie Gordon - I don't remember her from earlier shows - maybe I missed that episode. She bombed, it was sad to see.

John Wing - He was very funny. And had a great end to the act. But I don't really want to see him go through. A comedian shouldn't win this show.

Sprite - Enh. It was cool, but it's not the right act for this kind of show.

Ruby & Jonas - Extremely talented. But not as good as the other dancers... which is hardly surprising. Give Ruby and Jonas a few years and they'll be just as good.

Catapult Entertainment - I liked this even though I felt manipulated by it. Still, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they were being sincere and not doing it to gain votes. I would put them through.

So my choices are...

Catapult Entertainment
Duo Resonance
D'Angelo & Amanda

and I guess Melody. But really that's just because I have to pick four.

08-21-13, 03:08 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-13 AT 03:36 PM (EST)

Give the kids a sitcom. LOL!

For some reason when I see those two standing side by side I'm reminded of Caveman and Zero.

Nice to know I'm not alone in my dislike for that soloist. I'm sure he's a really nice guy and all, but he really doesn't have that upper range they all think he has.

ETA: Selena's initial audition wasn't televised, so we only saw her before in Vegas. That was also the first time we got to see the Robotix, Melody Caballero and John Wing.

TL 14 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-13, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
What iteration of Miami All Stars will it be next season? Just the mom and dad? The parents and kids? The brother and sister as a duo? The possibilities are endless! Unfortunately...

Virginia State University Gospel Chorale
This performance didn't really do anything for me. Acts like this don't make it far, so I don't expect these guys to make it past this week.

Melody Caballero
Out of all the kid acts she is the most impressive to me. She did struggle alot to pick up the flower at the end though. I don't understand Howie's rant about this being the same. We've seen this girl twice before at most? The comments are obviously made to try to sway America, since no one ever said anything about Olate Dogs doing the EXACT SAME ACT EVERY WEEK.

Dave Fenley
I think this is the worst of what we've seen of him so far. Still much better than the two country guys though. I agree with dabo, if one singer has to make it through, and too bad it can't be restricted to only one singer, then my pick would be this guy. I think he gets through this week easily.

2Unique
I like the peronsality these kids have but this stage and show is just too big for them. I don't expect them to go on to the next round, but I think they would be good for a spot on a Disney channel show or something.

Sam Johnson
No danger act has gone through yet if I remember correctly. I hope he gets through as his stunts have been by far the most impressive. Swinging on that bar did look like fun though. I like his little snip at the judges at the end of his interview as well.

Duo Resonance
A good, solid act. I think they provide a nice balance to the Kristef Brothers so I would like to see both of them in the next round. It would be cheesy funny vs. cheesy cheesy. I liked their previous performances better but I still really hope they make it.

D'Angelo & Amanda
Clearly these two are better than the younger kids, and if it wasn't for the whole sibling dynamic and storyline, the sister probably would have went home in the last round since she messed up in her routine. As over dramatic as the whole thing was, I actually like the overall presentation. I also like the interactions between these two kids better. I think they will make it through.

Selena Mykenzie Gordon
When the best comments you get are on your appearance, you know you are in trouble! I think it was a bad song choice (surprise!). She will not make it through.

John Wing
I like this guy and hope he makes it to the next round. Him against Taylor is a nice old school vs. new school comedy matchup. Less singers please.

Sprice
Cool to watch but just not on this stage. Kinetic King was awkward but in a loveable way. This kid is just awkward. Yeeeeaah...! I don't think he makes it any farther.

Ruby & Jonas
As I said earlier they are obviously the weaker couple but they are still very good. I don't think they will make it through and honestly I wouldn't mind seeing NEITHER of them go through. A lot of their moves are recycled and that girl is incredibly annoying.

Catapult Entertainment
I think Silhouettes did this already, not to mention they did it better, and they were a bunch of kids. Still a good act though. They should make it through pretty easily. I didn't watch the intro about this somehow having to do with Sandy Hook but come on, cheap votes.

Who I Think Will Go Through
Dave Fenley
Catapult Entertainment
D'Angelo & Amanda
Ruby & Jonas (America loves these kinds of stories)

Who I Want To Go Through
Sam Johnson
Duo Resonance
John Wing
Catapult Entertainment

08-21-13, 10:13 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
Oh why America why do you hate me. what makes singing and playing a guitar so unstoppable. If its so hard to do why are half of our semifinalists singers. Still the 3 acts I really wanted to go through made it (albeit with a wild card selection) Somehow I knew someone would bring back B-double-O-T-Y. And they obviously had these picks made beforehand they aren't going to tell the other two wild cards next week that they made it. Not sure who else will be brought back but if they are going by judges pick losers that would leave us with mitsi dancing school. American Hitmen. And Chloe Channel.

08-21-13, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarriemonster Click to send private message to Scarriemonster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
>Oh why America why do you
>hate me. what makes singing
>and playing a guitar so
>unstoppable. If its so hard
>to do why are half
>of our semifinalists singers.

Agreed. There are so many singing competitions that the whole thing is as fresh and exciting as stale fruitcake.

bsquared 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-21-13, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bsquared Click to send private message to bsquared Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-13 AT 10:40 PM (EST)

Well for the second week in a row, all of my picks were accurate, and I think america got it right for the most part. The fact that one of them needed a wild card to get in, but nonetheless.I am still caught up about catapult. They are not only copy cats, but they you serious offense as a way to get votes, and I don't appreciate that. Howard Stern must have never seen the silhouettes or attraction from the British show, because those two acts are basically the same thing. Someone on Reddit made a good point, about how a combination of those two acts can make something exactly the same as what they did last night. Here are the links:

Silhouettes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1rx0eN29gs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Attraction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntbS9BDLpDA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I mean even took the tree with the swing from the silhouettes performance two seasons ago. How did Howie not notice that? It's a shame that this Act should be allowed to continue after copying so many other acts. There's plenty of original Talent on the show and they don't deserve a place on it

08-21-13, 10:56 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
Yeah, it was a fairly predictable results program, but at least we got some good performances from Train and Tom Cotter (who totally got robbed last year).

Singer Dave Fenley was the first announced semifinalist, sending home VSU Gospel Chorale and Selena Mykenzie Gordon. We really didn't need yet another singer making it through, but it seems any guy with a guitar and a country hat is acceptable this year.

Catapult grabbed the next semifinal position, eliminating 2Unique, Sam Johnson and Melody Caballero. And, yes, they tugged at America's heartstrings last night, but Howard was just reverting to King Of All Media form in hyping it up, pay no atttention to it.

Third spot went to D'Angelo & Amanda, Ruby cried and got a hug.

Then Sprice was eliminated, leaving the Judges Choice down to Duo Resonance and John Wing. Heidi voted for Duo, but then Howie and Mel and Howard all voted for John, sending the comedian to the semis!

Heidi then used her Wild CArd to put Duo Resonance through to the semis.

Mel then used her Wild Card to send Tone the Chiefrocca to the semis. Something's wrong with that girl.

08-21-13, 11:48 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
If I may piggyback on you...

Now I'm all about dogs. I love dogs. And I loved Olate Dogs. But I wasn't so cuddle-bopped as to think they deserved to win over the fantastic Tom Cotter--an actual human being with a human imagination and the gift of humor. I was thrilled to watch him tonight.

>Singer Dave Fenley was the first
>announced semifinalist, sending home VSU
>Gospel Chorale and Selena Mykenzie
>Gordon.

Another Sons of Anarchy/Duck Dynasty dude with a guitar and a weeping heart! What the hell, America?

>Catapult grabbed the next semifinal position,
>eliminating 2Unique, Sam Johnson and
>Melody Caballero.

I grew up with Mummenschanz, which isn't exactly like Catapult but uses similar themes. But Catapult is not only derivative of older acts, it's derivative of recent acts on this same show (like Silhouettes). Was this a "strike a blow for the victims" vote?

>Third spot went to D'Angelo &
>Amanda, Ruby cried and got
>a hug.

Well...we all know what I think of Ruby. And of course she cried. She always cries. That one will be in cognitive therapy before too long...

>Then Sprice was eliminated, leaving the
>Judges Choice down to Duo
>Resonance and John Wing.

Sprice gives us geeks a bad image. ;)

>Heidi voted for Duo, but
>then Howie and Mel and
>Howard all voted for John,
>sending the comedian to the
>semis!

Don't you love when they make the right choice?

>Heidi then used her Wild CArd
>to put Duo Resonance through
>to the semis.

Back up. WHAT "wild card"?

>Mel then used her Wild Card
>to send Tone the Chiefrocca
>to the semis. Something's
>wrong with that girl.

And WHY would you waste a wild card on this gold-plated, #####-smacking steaming pile of nonsense?

But hey...getting annoyed can be fun.

08-22-13, 00:30 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
Each judge has one Wild Card pick this year to send an eliminated act to the semifinals, instead of having a Wild Card Week this season. Heidi and Mel used their picks this week, Howie and Howard will use theirs next week.

I'm fine with Heidi's pick, Duo Resonance put on a very good set this week even if I didn't find it as romantic as most.

Mel picking Tone, she's just being self-indulgent because she enjoys that performance. It is amusing.

It would be hysterical if a rapper who does the same song every time were to go on to win the show, which is actually possible since he is now in the semis.

TL 14 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-13, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
If the Wild Cards are going to just be people who lost the Judges' Pick, then I wouldn't mind seeing American Hitmen and Mitsu Dancing School again. No Chloe Chanel please.

I have the feeling if Howie gets to pick from any eliminated act, that he will totally waste it and somehow pick an act worse than Tone Da Chiefrocca.

08-22-13, 10:28 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
Yeah, they changed the format again this season (at least they did away with the dreadful YouTube week), and there's just no knowing where they draw the line on Wild Cards. Howie could theoretically be able to bring back prop comic Al Harris who was rejected in his initial audition episode by the other three judges. And he may have intended to bring Tone back as his Wild Card to irk Howard, Mel beat him to it and now he has to find a way to one-up her and still irk Howard.

I much prefer the format of a Wild Card Week Quarterfinal with deserving acts being given another chance (and the one week instead of two week Finals). But with Wild Cards going directly to the semis this time maybe they'll stick with eliminated quarterfinalists.

The producers do have some say in how these things work.

personofinterest 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-22-13, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Quarterfinal #5 8/20/13"
I missed the 2 hour extravaganza, so I watched the one hour re-cap that was complete with judges' comments. I may never watch the live show again! I can't believe (well, yes, I can believe) that half of the show is fluff and filler.

I missed the intro from Catapult about Sandy Hook. I had read it here, and if I had not heard about it, I never would have known. They were OK, but like others have said, I would never call it original.

I knew that Heidi would say that she liked John Wing because he mentioned kids. Personally, I like him, but mentioning kids doesn't make your act "kid friendly."

Ruby certainly needs some life lessons, but I still think that the show didn't need to exploit the sibling rivalry nonsense. She and her partner should not have made it to this round. The partners of the siblings were ignored once the results were read.

I felt bad for the contortionist. She is skilled, and I found her act a bit disconcerting. Not sure how much time she had to prepare herself for Radio City.

Of the many country dudes with guitars, I think that Dave F is the best. I did enjoy him, but I would have been happy if he had not made it through (or he could have taken the place of one of the others).

I also like the Duo. I am happy with Heidi choosing them as wild cards. She could have chosen another singer ...

And I love Train (even their sappy stuff). Mr. Cotter was also very entertaining.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •