The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 8 Welcome Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-31-13, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 8 Welcome Thread"
Yay, the new season begins JUNE 4 TUESDAYS 9/8c. Set your recorders. Two hours, probably 15 minutes of actual talent in the whole show.

Last season went to the dogs, this season promises to be different. For example, check out the official NBC AGT site. Can you find their forums anywhere, no you can't. NBC is pretty much out of the hosting message board forums business, you cannot even access any archives. Good, they sucked at hosting anyway.

If we get an influx of new posters this year, please let them know they are welcome to post here.

This is technically the official thread for the pre-taped audition shows, which should have much suckitude. And the horrible judging. But please be open and accepting of newbies. As long as they play nice.

Other changes? Well, whenever they get past Vegas Week to the real live competition and voting, it will be aired from Radio City Music Hall in New York City instead of that gowdawful place in Newark that had horrible sound and visuals that sucked on TV last year. No wonder the dogs won.

We also have four judges this season not three, HeidiK and MelB having dually replaced reprehensible doglover SharonO.

For those of you keeping track, our judges now are:

Heidi Klum: German born model, actress and TV host
Howard Stern: an actual American born shock jock
Howie Mandel: Canadian born actor, comedian, and TV host
Melanie Brown (Scary Spice): British born Spice Girl and proto-celeb.

Because America's Got Talent can never have a panel of judges who are all actually Americans.

And off we go!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Judges interview dabo 06-04-13 1
 6/4/13 Auditions Ep. dabo 06-05-13 2
   RE: 6/4/13 Auditions Ep. personofinterest 06-05-13 3
       RE: 6/4/13 Auditions Ep. dabo 06-05-13 4
 6/11/13 Auditions ep. dabo 06-11-13 5
   RE: 6/11/13 Auditions ep. taffnic 06-12-13 6
   RE: 6/11/13 Auditions ep. personofinterest 06-14-13 7
       RE: 6/11/13 Auditions ep. dabo 06-15-13 8
           RE: 6/11/13 Auditions ep. frankz 06-20-13 15
 6/18/13 auditions ep dabo 06-19-13 9
   RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep jbug 06-19-13 10
   RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep personofinterest 06-19-13 11
       RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep dabo 06-19-13 12
           RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep personofinterest 06-25-13 18
   RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep taffnic 06-20-13 13
   RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep frankz 06-20-13 14
       RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep dabo 06-20-13 16
           RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep frankz 06-24-13 17
 6/25 auditions ep. dabo 06-26-13 19
   RE: 6/25 auditions ep. Nume 06-27-13 20
       RE: 6/25 auditions ep. dabo 07-05-13 23
 7/2 jbug 07-02-13 21
   7/2 auditions ep dabo 07-03-13 22
 7/9 auditions ep dabo 07-10-13 24
   7/10 auditions ep dabo 07-11-13 25
   RE: 7/9 auditions ep personofinterest 07-11-13 26
       RE: 7/9 auditions ep dabo 07-11-13 27
 Vegas auditions night 1 dabo 07-17-13 28
   RE: Vegas auditions night 1 dabo 07-17-13 29
   Vegas auditions night 2 dabo 07-18-13 30
   RE: Vegas auditions night 1 personofinterest 07-18-13 31
       RE: Vegas auditions night 1 dabo 07-18-13 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-04-13, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Judges interview"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-13 AT 02:51 PM (EST)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/america-got-talent-judges-melanie-brown-and-howie-mandel-talk-about-new-season-14905.php

I think the heart and soul of our show is that we are the last bastion of variety, you know, and we truly have variety.

And this year with the advent of adding two more judges, great judges, Mel -- and I'm not saying that because she's on the phone, but an international superstar in her own right -- and Heidi, an international marketer and fashion icon, and that has made it harder for acts to get through because now we need three yes's instead of just two.

I do think it's harder for comedians because the bar's been set so high.

We've all come from different backgrounds and we've all experienced a lot in our own professional careers. So sometimes, we all agree when the act is amazing. Sometimes we -- well more often than not, we actually disagree.

Howard keeps saying, you know, we want to find an international star.

We don't want to just find somebody that wins America's Got Talent and gets the million dollars and ends up at Radio City Music Hall. We want to find somebody that's going to be an international star.

we're going to send 55 people to the live shows.

I mean, the good thing about America's Got Talent is that it's not a singing show. It's a complete variety show.

There's dancers. There's magic acts. There's snakes. There's danger acts.

Going into this, I really thought that singers were going to have it like easy because all they have to do is stand there and belt out their voice.

But I think it's really equal across-the-board. I mean, who'd a'thought that I would love watching some ducks onstage as much as I would love watching an opera singer?

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/america-got-talent-judges-melanie-brown-and-howie-mandel-talk-more-14911.php

I think between me and Heidi, we kind of root for the girls to be extra-specially good because we're all about supporting women.

You know, we're done with all our auditions so now we're going to go into boot camp and I'm worried because of the 300, 400 people that we've seen, we have to whittle it down to like 40 or 50 people or acts, and it's going to be so, so, so tough

I think all of us as judges are very, very honest, and I sit next to Howie and he has me cracking up every five seconds, and that's what I really respect about all four of us.

You know, I think she said the key word, and the key word is "respect." And, we respect each other and each other's opinion though we don't agree and there's times where we really -- and we're all four very strong-minded, opinionated people and we'll fight for what we think is right and honestly think sometimes the other person's wrong.

-- the greatest and most exciting moment so far, and it's happened more this season than any other season, is that is when our jaw drops --

I think that being a stand-up comic is probably one of the hardest things in the competition in as far as America's Got Talent, because in order to achieve what you're trying to achieve, you need to elicit more from an audience than any other act.

I definitely think that it's an experience to get up on there and actually be critiqued and learn what did work and what didn't work, because it's not always going to go your way

I mean, we've had people that have just crumbled. We've had people that have just succeeded like beyond, and it's all about preparation I think. And, obviously being extremely, extremely talented.

You know, I was living in Australia and I got offered the job, and I said, "Yes." It wasn't even a thought of, "Well, I've got to move the whole family back to LA."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-05-13, 01:10 AM (EST)
2. "6/4/13 Auditions Ep."
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-13 AT 04:32 PM (EST)

Amazingly, this was a very strong episode to kick off the season featuring a lot of good talent. Very entertaining. Not too many fails (that we were shown anyway), per the judges.

Well edited too, most of what we got to see was four judges agreeing. And a couple of episodes of Howie trying to defend acts he liked despite the hopelessness of his position.

My impressions of the impressive acts this week given a pass to Vegas:

David the Cobra Kid Weathers (snake guy), I don't care for danger acts really, but he had good showmanship and presentation.

Singer Marty Brown, it was a passable performance of an easy song, the guitar playing was simple too, he probably won't make it very far.

CATAPULT dance crew with Silhouettes improv: excellent though problematic first performance, no story came across for me on TV.

Three Hawaiaan Dancer Guys whatever they called themselves (Hype): I really enjoyed this laid back performance.

Comedian Dave Shirley: It was funny stuff, at least what we got to see from how it was editted.

Kid the Wiz dancer: Kewl.

Anna Christine (child singer/pianist): Impressive singing instrument in a 10-year-old, but in the future let someone else play the piano.

3Penny Chorus & Orchestra: Wow!

Pacific Boys Choir: Nice song choice, wasn't really impressed.

Special Head: I was honestly expecting a fail, and then the wow magic levitation trick sold it. It was unexpected and worked.

Angela Hoover, comedienne, impressionist: good set.

Tone the Chiefrocca, one-hit wonder wannabe. The insanity of it all really worked, at least the first time. Entertaining, but probably won't last very long.

ETA The Academy (clog dance crew) and Tristan Jih (aerialist)

personofinterest 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-05-13, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 6/4/13 Auditions Ep."
I loved the audience reaction shot when Special Head levitated!

I was thinking that I would hate having four judges - and Heidi?? But so far it was enjoyable.

My favs so far are probably the three dancers from Hawaii and the orchestra/chorus.

I like comedy sets, so I am hopeful that the woman who did the stand up and impressions will continue to improve.

06-05-13, 01:24 PM (EST)
4. "RE: 6/4/13 Auditions Ep."
Played the section of the ep with closed caption on, the three guys call themselves Hype.

That's one of the things they could improve upon in the pre-recorded audition episodes, highlighting the names of the acts. They never did air the names of the all-girl dance (clog?) crew or the guy who did the aerial straps performance.

Strong season starter had the four judges agreeing most of the time, maybe the producers finally figured out after all these years that America tunes in to see talent!

The 3Penny performance of "Call Me Maybe", laid-back Hype, the big wow from Special Head, Anna Christine going slow blues on "House of the Rising Sun", stand outs in an over-all good episode. I would have liked a bit more variety, but the snake guy and a couple of good comics made the grade.

I actually liked Chuck From the Bronx and his stupid stunts even though I wasn't expecting to.

06-11-13, 11:45 PM (EST)
5. "6/11/13 Auditions ep."
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-13 AT 10:16 PM (EST)

Another strong night with a few clunkers thrown in for the heck of it.

I'll make sure I get all the names right tomorrow. My impressions of tonight's acts.

Travis Pratt, opera singer. Wonderful talent, very expressive, thank goodness he's not into goth.

Nina & Yuni (Duo Resonance), acrobats. Good performance.

Leeza (Liza) & Ryan, ballroom dancers. I enjoyed it.

Ruby & Jonas, child dancers. Great stuff for their age.
Miami Dance Factory is back for the third year running.

D'Angelo & Amanda, child dancers. Even better, loved the comedy, Amanda is quick with the quip.
Yep, Miami Dance Factory again.

Mariachi Nuevo Estillo AVM, new generation mariachi band. Honestly, I didn't care for this one, and I like mariachi.

Brad Byers, sword swallower (daredevil). I really hate this sort of act and don't even want to know what he can do to top what he did in the audition.

Collins Keye, magician. Yeah, that was a pretty cool trick, I want to see what else he has.

Megan Piphus, ventriloquist (singer). Good intro set, she's going to have to have some stronger material to have a chance in this competition.

Jonathan Allen, opera-style singer. Excellent performance.

Alexandria the Great, escape artist. Great audition.

Sam Johnson, swaypole artist. It's a neat circus trick but I know too little about it to know what else can be done with it. Circus acts are repetative by nature.

Paul Thomas Mitchell, singer-songwriter/guitar-player. I liked that he did original material, it worked. His singing voice isn't strong and could benefit from some professional training.

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-13, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 6/11/13 Auditions ep."
I agree with all of your impressions.

I was very surprised and much pleased by Travis Pratt. I was not expecting that at all.

06-14-13, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 6/11/13 Auditions ep."
Caught up yesterday. I have enjoyed the shows so far. The judges aren't the total focus, so I can tolerate the few minutes here and there about them. It is nice that so far, even when they disagree it hasn't been obnoxious.

I liked the opera singers and the kid at the end who sang his own song. However, I am OK with no singers making it very far. I love music and singing, but there are other shows were the talented singers can be seen/heard.

I also have very mixed feelings about kid acts. The kid dancers were cute - especially the older ones. I then felt bad for the adult dancers who were also good but can't compete with the cuteness of the kids. Personally, I would love for the show to have a lower age limit of something around 16 or even 18.

Loved the ventriolquist, and hope that she can add to what she does. She is missing some of the humor and stage presence that I loved about Terry Fator. I can't picture her being more than one part of a variety show.

The escape artist and the high rise hand stand guy were awesome, but I don't think I would like to see much more from either.

Hope that the magician has more in his arsenal. I like good magic and I enjoyed his trick. So, did I just contradict myself about age limits since I think he is under 18?

Also enjoyed the acrobats. The mariachi group was OK once but I don't care if they don't come back. Sword swallowing was just yech!

06-15-13, 01:52 PM (EST)
8. "RE: 6/11/13 Auditions ep."
Magician is 16. I don't think the producers will ever have age limits on AGT, as long as the parents or guardians are around to sign the contracts they'll let any kid who shows up take the stage.

Swordswallower auditioned in 2009 with a different disgusting stunt but got cut in Vegas week without getting a second performance, so we can hope.

LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6LNiV0ttLk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FwNj2A4FEU

frankz 1210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-20-13, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 6/11/13 Auditions ep."
The first link didn’t work. I remember this, and people got squeamish about the swords this season. This was disgusting. It was funny to see Piers and the Hoff again though. Don’t miss the Hoff at all but it would be interesting to see Piers and Howard together.

Wheelie by RollDdice
I never apologize. I’m sorry, but that’s just the way I am.

06-19-13, 01:41 AM (EST)
9. "6/18/13 auditions ep"
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-13 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

Yay, woohoo, a rare ep with no clunkers. They are seriously finally this season about talent!

Well, hopefully, this week they only had one hour, next week they'll be back to two hours, darnit.

My impressions of this week's auditions:

Omega Force Strength Team: a variation on the circus strongman act. Yeah, okay.

Team Rocks: tai kwan do performance team. Yeah, okay.

Kyle & Darby, cheerleader stunting. Um, okay, they got through it. I almost made a joke last post about juggling babies, now I wish I had. Deplorable, though the performance did pay out.

Kenichi Ebina, dance-ish performer, way cool, marvelous body mechanicas.

Deanna DellaCioppa, singer, Nailed it! Great audition.

Sprice (Steve Price), Rube Goldberg machine inventor. Technically a RG machine should accomplish a task or more, like the one at the start of Back To the Future toasted the toast and fed the dog. This was a neat audition but it didn't fry any eggs.

Red Panda (I could not catch what she said her name was, this is how they credit her on the video), traditional Chinese acrobatics, incredibly good but another circus act really.
(ETA: name is Rong Niu. How they got super-hero name Red Panda out of that, unknown.)

American Military Spouses Choir: Aw! They actually gave a great performance, but this is too much lard for me.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-13, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep"
I love your summaries! Don't stop!

The dance-ish guy was incredible.
He started out sorta slow, but after he got going, it was evident that he started that way on purpose!
Loved him!

06-19-13, 02:07 PM (EST)
11. "RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep"
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-13 AT 02:08 PM (EST)

I agree with jbug about your recaps. I like coming in and seeing if anyone agrees with me.

This episode was enjoyable at an hour, and I was waiting for at least one horrible audition, but this year is focusing on who gets through which I like.

I wasn't really into the muscle group as each activity was OK, but I wanted a show of some kind. The marital arts folks the same except they did have a few tricks I had not seen before.

I was a bit taken aback by the man throwing that child into the air while her mother watched proudly. But maybe I don't understand the need to be famous (or famous vicariously through my child).

Loved Kenechi with the dance-ish. I can't imagine being able to move like that. And he was about 40 wasn't he? I couldn't do that when I was 10.

Did not like the Dreamgirls singer. Maybe it was the song, but I felt like I was being yelled at.

Sprice's trick was great, but I am not seeing it as an ongoing act. I think that he may be swallowed alive during this process if he continues.

The unicyclist had an awesome act. But I agree that it does seem more of a one or two shot and out kind of act. I can't see it being more than one small part of a show. Your circus comment is right on to me.

The choir was great and the fact that they are bringing music to disabled veterans is a big win. Would the prospect of a Vegas show ruin that? I think it is a good possibility.

06-19-13, 02:42 PM (EST)
12. "RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep"
I don't know, the choir was big enough to form two groups. Great heartstrings backstory, they'll have a big following if they make it to the live shows.

Deanna will too. I do hope she has more versatility than just going big, though. Still, there are going to be a lot of people in the country who will identify with her.

06-25-13, 04:10 PM (EST)
18. "RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep"
I can see that. They both could end up with big followings. It will be interesting to see what happens for them.

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-13, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep"
I also agree with your summaries. Don't stop.

My family and I especially liked the dance-ish guy.

creation by Agman

06-20-13, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep"
Hey guys, I’m back. I’ve been watching but no time to post. Looking forward to a good season and thanks in advance to Dabo for putting this together. I’ll just comment on this week’s. Like last season, I’ll also keep you posted on Howard’s comments on his show.
And I am missing seeing the horrible acts. Not a single X the entire show.

Omega Force Strength Team: a variation on the circus strongman act. Yeah, okay.
Wasn’t too impressed. I kept asking “what’s the motorcycle for?”

Team Rocks: tai kwan do performance team. Yeah, okay.
Nothing special.

Kyle & Darby, cheerleader stunting. Um, okay, they got through it. I almost made a joke last post about juggling babies, now I wish I had. Deplorable, though the performance did pay out.
Have to disagree, I thought it was pretty good. Howard agreed with you, at first. When they came out and he heard what they were going to do he was ready to call CPS. But he liked it.

Kenichi Ebina, dance-ish performer, way cool, marvelous body mechanicas.
Excellent.

Deanna DellaCioppa, singer, Nailed it! Great audition.
She was good.

Sprice (Steve Price), Rube Goldberg machine inventor. Technically a RG machine should accomplish a task or more, like the one at the start of Back To the Future toasted the toast and fed the dog. This was a neat audition but it didn't fry any eggs.
I like this kind of stuff but Dabo is correct. A RG machine is supposed to accomplish a simple task in a complicated way. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed it and want to see more.

Red Panda (I could not catch what she said her name was, this is how they credit her on the video), traditional Chinese acrobatics, incredibly good but another circus act really.
(ETA: name is Rong Niu. How they got super-hero name Red Panda out of that, unknown.)

She was good but yeah, what else can she do? Howard alluded on his show that he is going to get into an argument with the other judges in Vegas about her, he loves her. I guess the other judges weren’t too keen. Supposedly she will start catching bowls on her arms and legs too. We’ll see. I can’t see her going too far.

American Military Spouses Choir: Aw! They actually gave a great performance, but this is too much lard for me.
They were good and they’ll get votes if they make it to America’s vote. But not a winning act, IMHO.

There are plenty of businesses like show business

06-20-13, 04:03 PM (EST)
16. "RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep"
Welcome back!

Oh, I didn't think Darby was in any danger. She's small enough that Kyle could be her safety net any time something went wrong. And it was a good routine, I did enjoy it.

The deplorable part was her parents exploiting her to get on TV. And there really wasn't much in the way of talent. A lot of little kids are very limber and could be taught all that stuff.

They have no chance of winning, really. At some point the little kid gets her hopes crushed. Hope her parents are smart enough to tell her to just have fun, do her best, and not worry about winning or losing.

06-24-13, 12:32 PM (EST)
17. "RE: 6/18/13 auditions ep"
Well don’t leave NBC out of the exploitation competition. The story of the kid who was thrown out of his house on his 18th birthday (Jonathan Allen?) was presented ad-nauseum. I wonder how many protestors showed up at his parent’s house the next day.

And I’d rather see a 5 year old exploited like this than as a beauty contestant, barely.

Looking forward to this week.

Trying is the first step towards failure.

06-26-13, 11:37 AM (EST)
19. "6/25 auditions ep."
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-13 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

We had weather last night, how about you?

Anyway, they reverted to form and threw a lot of clunker into this week's ep. I'll check the names later but my impressions...

Struck Boyz, juvenile hip hop group. Well, cute, but ... really wasn't impressed. They had the attitude, I'll give them that.

Didn't catch a name, breakdance trio. From what we got to see they seemed pretty good. (T-shirts read B-XTREME) B-Extreme as labeled on YouTube.

Kristef Brothers, balancing duo. Very impressive circus act, stripping down really sold it for the ladies. I thought this was supposed to be a family show.

Aneya Marie, singing mime. Four X's. What, you kiddin' me, but she was smokin' hot! I mean, yeah, she couldn't sing worth a damn, a Grace Slick mimick was .. well, for once I would have preferred lip sync. But she was smokin' hot!!! That led into the first batch of clunkers. After which--

Hammerstep, don't know should we call it a hip clog group or a clog hop group. Very impressive dancing in gasmasks, don't know how they managed that. Seriously, I would think those gasmasks would just increase the difficulty in a lot of ways, I know the sweat would get in my eyes. Will be interested in seeing what they do next.

Bones the Machine and DJ Aaron, dance contortionist duo I suppose. That was really cool, whatever it was, wish the editors had let us see more of the performance.

Rock Dance Project, dance troupe with a ballet-contemp audition. Obviously talented and well practiced, again the editing was what ruined it for me. Seriously, editor dudes, if there was a story it was ruined in the edit!

And then the first round of weather hit us. Not the one that knocked out the power, that came later. This was the one that knocked out the TV signal. Sky let loose, thunderbolts and lightning, a lake proceeded to rain down on us. Anyway, whoever showed up and whatever they did, for around a half-hour I don't know right now who they were or how they did, and of course have no impressions. I'll catch up on that stuff when I can. When we were finally able again to see what was happening...

Chewing gum guy. Honestly, why even bother to put this on TV, what a waste of time! Who couldn't chew gum and spit it out and claim it a sculpture of whatever shape it happens to be most like?

Unnamed original song group that got trashed by judges. I thought it was a nice song, what I got to hear of it. Not a hit song, but not a bad one really. Hypocrites, the judges are hypocrites!!! Sunflower State as labeled on YouTube.

brother Brandon and sister Savannah and their BS backing squad, sibling teen singers. They have got to be lying about their ages. Very catchy original song, great owning the stage, they'll be charting this time next year and touring with Taylor Swift. Speaking of--

Taylor Williamson, dorky stand-up comedian. I was expecting another fail here but he had good material, good timing, and great character. Before and after the performance he was in character as well, with his patter to the judges, very sharp.

Jacob something, party stunt guy. I wouldn't mention it but to ask why would you buzz a guy with a scorpion in his mouth? Shame he got stung, glad he didn't die, don't come back next year.

Naathan Phan, magician. I liked the first trick, pulling the flag out of whereever was a good finish. Whatever crawled up Howard and Heidi's hinies and died I don't know. Judges who need to learn they aren't the show, they are just there for filler material. The impromptu card trick was less impressive but still well presented, good for him.

Forte, singing opera trio. Just beautiful singing, very cool how their voices blend together considering they had so little time to work together before their audition. Not that I'm buying that story, maybe it is true, who cares, I could have done without it. Anyway, didn't understand one single word they sang, but they sang it beautifully.

Edited to include the acts I missed last night.

Leon Etienne, magician. Seemed like a good audition with some of the standard stage tricks.

Lil Demon, 9 year-old hip-hopper. Some good stunts, shame the editors chopped it up instead of letting us watch the whole routine.

Studio 19 Dance Complex. Colorful group, decent from what I could tell of the chopped up presentation.

Sophia Lucia, kid dancer. Good talent.

Aaralyn and Isaiah (Izzy) O'Neill, 6 year-old singer and 9 year-old drummer. OH * MY * GAWS! I was not expecting grunge, that was awesome!

Virginia State University Gospel Chorale. You know, from the promos I was really looking forward to this group. Hate to say it, but when they were finished I did not want to hear another 90 seconds. They were good, had some great choreography and so on, but lead singer Bernard's voice was getting to be like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. No denying he does have talent, but I hope they don't do everything just to showcase his talent alone. It just didn't do it for me.

Nume 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-27-13, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 6/25 auditions ep."
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-13 AT 00:05 AM (EST)

I couldn't believe when Naathan Phan walked on stage. I used to watch his Youtube videos of impressions (sunghero is his channel if anyone is curious) all the time. I knew he started to do magic but didn't know he was going that far with it . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n02OYgaHoWs&list=PLE2B4874A6C4EC942 is the first video I saw of his, where he mentions AGT because of a bad impressionist lol. Feally funny guy.
ETA: If you do watch the video, be aware the actual impersonations dont start until 1:30 in

07-05-13, 11:53 AM (EST)
23. "RE: 6/25 auditions ep."
Finally got a chance to watch the whole thing, that was pretty funny. The bit at the end where he was the judges panel judging himself, some pretty smart stuff. Thanks.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-13, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "7/2"
the judges are putting through too many ordinary acts.
Sure they are talented, but they are not exceptional.

07-03-13, 01:47 AM (EST)
22. "7/2 auditions ep"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-13 AT 01:00 PM (EST)

Unfortunately, per the promo, we do not get to Vegas week next week, darnit. They will be making a lot of cuts then.

Anyway, this week's passes--

Kelsey & Bailey, trained dog act. It was cute. May not have much room for variation.

Spintacular, family stunts act with a lot of basketballs. I thought it a decent performance, wow there are a lot of them.

Cami Bradley, singer. Good voice, but "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is so cheesy!

Tellavision, dance act with "television" screens. Cute. Another theme of the week troupe.

David Ferman, juggler. Very impressive performance. Doubt it was really as dangerous as he said it was.

Chicago Boyz, acrobatics team. These guys knocked it out of the park.

2 Unique, 10-year-olds hip hop rap act. Wasn't really all that impressed. They aren't turning away any of the kids this year.

Innovative Force, dance/acrobatics troupe. Way cool.

Ciana Pelekami, 10 year-old singer. Girl gots pipes!

Mitsi Dancing School, dance troupe. Entertaining.

Solly Dunn, singer-songwriter. Seemed like a throwback to a lost era to me, I enjoyed it. Bare bones.

Brandon James, opera singer. Well, the singing was good, did not see him really putting in the performance (facial expressions, body language) part of opera.

Spontaneous Art, which was anything but, big cat trainer lie, good riddance. I wouldn't mention it but it led to Enrique Reyes showing up to lead everyone in the samba, we were never told if he got a pass.

David Fenley, honkeytonk singer. Good performance.

Dancin' Dylan Williams, dancer. Hey, for a self-trained hick from the sticks he was pretty entertaining.

Lil Mike and Funny Bone, rap act. Do the rain dance do the rain dance, these guys were fun. Do the rain dance do the rain dance, this year's what you gonna do what you gonna do.

The American Hitmen, rock band. Good stuff. The front man doesn't really have it yet, but perhaps he can get there with experience.

07-10-13, 01:17 AM (EST)
24. "7/9 auditions ep"
LAST EDITED ON 07-10-13 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

Yay! One more hour of auditions tomorrow and then next week is Vegas week! (Not that I actually enjoy Vegas week that much, but then the real show can commence.)

Tonight's show --

Olivia Rox, 11 year-old singer(guitar). No denying she has talent, but it was not a great performance of that song. Managed to showcase her talent, though. Seems like a sweet kid.

Tummy Talk, yeah let's call them a musical group. I don't see much future for these guys but it was amusing. I agreed with Howard giving it a no.

Fresh Faces, five cute kids dancing and stuff. Enjoyable.

Jim Meskiman, impressionist. Good stuff.

Alex Magala, sword swallowing breakdancer. I really didn't see the point of this act.

Aerial Ice, stunt skaters and aerials. Pretty neat what we got to see of it.

SenSetion or Sensation, 3D video mapping dance group. An innovative act, it will be interesting to see whether they can develop it into something more.

Yasha & Daniela, kid dancers. She was really an entertaining kid diva.

Aerosphere, gimmick acrobatics. We didn't get to see much of it but it was intriguing.

Jimmy Rose, singer(guitar). I really didn't care for the original song he performed, but he performed very well for audition.

Captain Explosion, stuntman. Though this act didn't get a pass to Vegas I mention it because I thought the panel kind of blew it. Yeah, they noted his lack of showmanship, and that was good. But no one bothered to ask if he had any other stunts in his repertoire.

Chloe Channel, 11 year-old kid singer. Yep another one. She clearly does have talent.

Megan Amiga, bellydancing contortionist. Aw, man, how could they not send a bellydancing contortionist to Vegas! Granted, it was not great dancing, but it was an amusing (at least to me) performance, I would have given her another chance.

212 Green, band. These kids were damn good. Didn't care for the rap bridge that much.

Al Harris, prop comic. So long, Al. He had some good stuff, just didn't present very well, what a shame.

07-11-13, 00:41 AM (EST)
25. "7/10 auditions ep"
LAST EDITED ON 07-11-13 AT 12:15 PM (EST)

Mestizo Ballet Folklorico, kid mariachi dancers. Aw, they broke the cuteometer. Yeah, okay, let's see them one more time at least, they really don't have the talent yet to take them very far.

Aquanauts, synchronous swim team. What an incredibly short performance! In slow motion, that always makes things better.

Kevin Downey, Jr., comedian. Seems like a funny character, wish we'd seen more of the bit.

Tavi & Antonio, homoerotic aerialists. Good aerials.

Timber Brown, acrobat. Wow!

Skilyr Hicks, 14 year-old singer(guitar). That was actually a good original song -- she wrote that herself! Impressive. Excellent performance.

Then there was a colon ventriloquist, a belching hula girl, some b-ball nonsense, and poetry woman (which I thought was actually a good concept for an act). If conservative red Americans hadn't turned off the program by now, a black cowboy showed up. JK.

Milton Palton, country singer, even had him a cowboy hat. Good song choice. Very good singer.

Then they closed the show with Jetta, guaranteed to give red conservative Americans still watching nightmares tonight. JK. And we will never speak of her again. Unless she turns up in the season finale, which I bet she will.

Tune in next week for Vegas baby!

07-11-13, 02:34 PM (EST)
26. "RE: 7/9 auditions ep"
Thanks dabo for recapping the acts. I sort of watched Tuesday and remember liking a couple of acts. I have enjoyed most of the singing groups, and have been impressed but a little leary about several of the young singers (mostly because I really like when we have a bigger variety of acts in the live shows).

I did like the skaters (ice skating on plastic I think they said).

Missed last night due to power outage. I saw in preview that Howard said something about a "Susan Boyle moment." What was that?

Can't wait to get through Vegas. There are way too many acts. Some good and some just OK.

07-11-13, 02:45 PM (EST)
27. "RE: 7/9 auditions ep"
Jetta is a huge Howard Stern fan (with hair like his and same real name as his wife), so much so that he got up on the stage with her before she performed, so she could sing "Hot Stuff" to her idol. It was very bad singing, but afterwards Howard pretended it was the greatest thing in the world, they'd found their Susan Boyle and whatever. It was all a put-on.

07-17-13, 01:32 AM (EST)
28. "Vegas auditions night 1"
LAST EDITED ON 07-17-13 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-17-13 AT 01:33 AM (EST)

86 or 87 acts we saw previously plus acts we didn't get to see yet enough to make it 100 or more acts, and they have to cut it down to only 60 going on to the live shows from Radio City Music Hall. Couldn't catch all the acts that got a free pass or instant cut, but I can't believe Struck Boyz got a free pass, nor that Milton Patton black country singer got cut. Oh well. We'll find out tomorrow which acts we saw tonight make the grade, I guess.

David Forman, danger juggler. Neat act, but we really only have his word for it that he is in any danger. Not that I would want to see him electrocute anyone to prove that danger.

Brad Byers, gross stunts. Sorry, but what this guy does is just not my bag.

Alexandr Magala, daredevil I guess. I still don't get why this guy has to combine sword swallowing with otherwise excellent breakdance/acrobatics. Honestly, I just don't get it.

Sam Johnson, previously seen on the swaypole. This time we got to see him light his hat on fire, douse himself in lighter fluid, put himself on a unicycle on a tightrope while juggling, pretty inventive routine.

Rong Niu "Red Panda", traditional Chinese acrobatics. Amazing as it is what she does, even without the mess up it was basically a repeat of her previous audition.

Forte, opera singing trio. New and improved! The replacement they found is really good.

Brandon & Savannah, singers with a band. Played it safe with a cover song this time, unfortunately I didn't think they brought the same energy to this one as they had in their first performance.

The American Hitmen, rock band. Much better than before, this time the front man was on it.

2Unique, hip hop rap kids. This was a little better than before but I still don't see it happening for them.

Lil Demon, kid break-dancer. Wow.

Melody Caballeros, kid acrobat/contortionist. I thought she did well and didn't notice any problems

D'Angelo & Amanda, kid dancers. Really liked that performance.

Ruby & Jonas, kid dancers. Even without the slip I thought it was not as good a performance, brother won anyway.

Jimmy Fialla, comedian. Unfortunately, he rushed, it wasn't really funny.

Eric Schwartz "Smooth E", comedian. I chuckled once.

Taylor Williamson, comedian. Love the character.

John Wing, comedian. Make that recovering comedian. But the judges seemed to like him.

Archbishop Molloy Step Team, dance group. I liked it but Howard said they did the same routine as they did in their previous audition. We never would have known if Howard had kept his trap shut.

Hype, the three Hawaiian dancers. I liked it! These guys are fun.

Art Spark, dance group. Pretty good routine, can't really figure out why it seemed like it was missing something.

Kid the Wiz, dancer. Amazing!

Dancin' Dylan Wilson. Also amazing!

Tavi & Antonio, aerialists. This performance suffered from having editors.

"Accro" Brandon Rosario, pole dancer. Liked the robot stiff walk-on, but again the editors didn't leave me enough to form an opinion.

Duo Resonance, acrobats. They seemed disappointed somehow in their performance. Should have kept shush about that, I never would have known.

Timber Brown, acrobat. This guy is amazing, I don't know how it is even possible to do some of the things he does.

Kristef Brothers, hand balancers. I love these guys, I love that they have light comedy elements in their routines. Hey, Howard, they are entertainers! They en-ter-tain! Get it?

Skilyr Hicks, singer. Well, aside from it not being as strong a song this time, it seemed like variation on a theme and she showed her lmitations. Oh well, she's young, she has room to grow into her own future.

Selena Mykenzie Gordon, singer. Knocked me out.

Cami Bradley, singer. Took a big risk changing things up by not doing another version of "Somewhere Ovet the Rainbow" (oh please), and for me personally it worked, this kid is going places.

Deanna Dellacioppa, singer. I could have done without the melodrama, but this time with the technical difficulties I will excuse the editors for including it. But still this diva wannabe is a lot of dra- wait for it -ma! Kidding aside, I thought after all that business she gave a decent performance.

And that concludes tonight's performances. Will Special Head turn up tomorrow? I mean, if he was shown this time, it was so fast I missed it, pretty neat trick.

07-17-13, 03:32 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Vegas auditions night 1"
According to Wikipedia the following acts were those which automatically advanced to the live shows without having to audition again in Las Vegas.

3Penny Chorus and Orchestra, chorus/orchestra

Aerial Ice, acrobatic/ice skating

Aerosphere, acrobatic

Alexandra the Great, escape artist

The American Military Spouses Choir, chorus

Angela Hoover, comedian

Anna Christine, singer

Bailey the Dancing Dog, animal act

Branden James, opera singer

Catapult Entertainment, shadow dancing act

Chicago Boyz, dancers

Dave Shirley, comedian

David the Cobra Kid, daredevil act

Fresh Faces, dancers

Innovative Force, acrobatic

Jim Meskimen, comedian

Jimmy Rose, singer

Kenichi Ebina, dancer

Kevin Downey Jr., comedian

Mitsi School of Dance, dance troupe

Sensation 3D Video Mapping and Dancing Group, dancers

Spintacular, acrobatic act

Sprice, Rube Goldberg creator

Struck Boyz, dance troupe

Tellavision, dance group

The Virginia State University Gospel Choir, chorous

Tone the Chiefrocca, singers/dancers

Tummy Talk, musicians

Eliminated were Milton Patton (singer), Olivia Rox (singer), Sully Dunn (singer) and Yasha & Daniela (ballroom dancers).

Well, shucks, I thought Milton was really good and wanted to hear Sully again. Of the 28 acts that automatically went through, I can see that they tried to give variety a break, but I would have forced Bailey the Dancing Dog, David the Cobra Kid, Struck Boyz, Tone the Chiefrocca and Tummy Talk to audition again just to see if they can do better than before. Tone in particular just wants to be a one-hit wonder.

07-18-13, 01:22 AM (EST)
30. "Vegas auditions night 2"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-13 AT 05:33 PM (EST)

First of all, with the new acts we saw last night in the Vegas audition, the new acts we saw tonight in the Vegas auditions, and the one act we didn't previously see in the audition episodes in the "Best Of" episode with some new material (and some clunkers and some waste of time junk), I have now seen 100 acts this season. Counted 'em, yes I did.

The Robotix, rock band. Pretty good from what I saw.

That number does include Enrique the Salsa guy, by the way, which I don't think was an actual act but an employee sent out during a particularly awful run during one of the auditions to give the audience a break and something fun to do, blow off some steam.

Anyway, it was also obvious by the end of tonight hour-long Vegas show that we didn't get to see all the Vegas auditions, as some faces turned up during crowd scenes the who we didn't see performing auditions in Vegas.

Oh, well. Tonight's performances!

- - - - - - - - - -

Aaralyn & Izzy, metal/goth/grunge/you tell me singer with brother. Okay, I'm over it now.

Chloe Channell, singer. This kid does not disappoint.

Genesis Nava, singer (11 year-old). Wow! Why did we not see her original audition, to make room for some Howie or Howard nonsense?

Ciana Pelekai, singer. Lvoe this kid.

R.J. Cantu, magician. Wasn't impressed, and the lighting was horrible, and that was probably intentional.

Naathan Phan, magician. He was better the first time.

Collins Key, magician. I think I know how the trick was done, but it was pretty cool, he has good stage command of the situation. If he goes on he's going to have to start bringing out the big illusions.

Ariann Black, magician. Good illusion poorly done. However it looked live, on TV it was just a bad performance.

Leon Etienne, magician. No complaints, magic is tough, but I really didn't think he stepped it up from his previous audition.

Special Head, levitationist. His first audition performance was spectacular, this one not so much. Don't be fooled by the guru stuff, that's just character. I know how he did his tricks, it's stage magic and that's all I'll say. But he pulls it off pretty well.

Kennedy Davenport, drag queen (I think). Whatever it was, I was totally meh.

Megan Piphus, ventrilouist. I lvoe this kid but it seemed the nerves got to her this second time around.

Lil Mike and Funy Bone, rap/dance act. Rarely imployed INSTANT ELIMINATION! Darn, I liked them a lot the first time around, but yeah this time they were awful and unprepared.

Dave Fenley, singer. Sure, why not, honkeytonk has its place.

Marty Brown, failed country singer superstar. Wasn't impressed this time, but can't fault the performance.

Paul Thomas Mitchell, singer. I still think his voice is weak and needs training, it was a credible performance at best.

Jonathan Allen, opera singer, or opera-style singer. He seemed a bit off his game to me, but gave a credible performance.

Travis Pratt, opera singer. Another wow, i lvoe this guy.

When I get the chance I'll check out who our 60 finalists turned out to be and post about it. The AGT website is currently in a monkey state of being updated.

07-18-13, 04:38 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Vegas auditions night 1"
Lots to see the past two days! Just a few comments. I was surprised that the following went through:

Struck Boyz, the screamo kids (she is going to blow out her vocal chords), Angela Hoover (I guess they need a female comic. She was OK but not as good as some of the others.), Tummy Talk, Tone the one hit wonder. I was also surprised that they sent through so many opera singers.

Happy about the following: Hype the dancing trio, Kenichi the dancer, Taylor the comic, Timber Brown.

Sorry to see that Dancin Dylan didn't make it through. Felt bad for the ventriloquist. It seemed like she just got off and couldn't pull it back together.

There were a lot of other acts that I liked.

Did 212 Green (the band with three siblings) make it through?

It will be nice to get down to a more manageable number of acts.

07-18-13, 05:29 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Vegas auditions night 1"
No, 212 Green didn't make it. They were either a no show for Vegas week or their Vegas audition wasn't part of the show. Probably a no show. Other acts that are out that we didn't see perform this week: The Academy, B-Extreme, Hammerstep, Kyle & Darby, Mariachi Nuevo Estillo AVM, Mestizo Ballet Folklorico, Omega Force Strength Team, Pacific Boys Choir, Ron & Liza, Sophia Lucia, The Rock Dance Project, Studio 19 Dance Complex, Team Rock, and Tristan Jih. And Enrique Reyes, who probably wasn't really in the competition anyway.

When I get a chance later I'll post the 60 acts that made it through to the live performances. The next five weeks will be the first round of eliminations, and from what I read (but haven't yet been able to confirm) there will not be a YouTube contest this year, no YouTube week.

With four judges this year I hope the judges really are done with everything but being buzzkills, no judges choice between the fourth and fifth place acts each week. Yeah, maybe let each of them select three acts for a second chance round, but let the audience votes stand.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •