The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Ten"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-11, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Ten"
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-11 AT 10:42 AM (EST)

Considering that it was a pretty meh season up through Vegas week, this season has really caught fire approaching the finals. We have a pretty strong top ten ready to battle it out in the first final to make it to the final final four. Is it the year of the dance?

Anna Graceman, child singer. This kid is scary good. Tiny and young, she has a big voice and tops it off with adorability and just an oh so lovable personality. Takes big risks in song choice but always manages to deliver. Vegas act? Yes. And no matter what happens, in ten years she will be on her worldwide retirement tour as she prepares to go to Harvard Law and then a career in politics.

Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr., Vegas-style singer. He maybe should think about getting a better haircut, but he dresses up nicely and does classic Vegas style performances. Vegas act? "Play it, Sam." Maybe not a million dollar Vegas act but definitely a Vegas act, should be able to bounce from AGT into a respectable career win or lose.

Landon Swank, magician. The dark horse of the top ten, very good performer with a lot going for him, but he needs two knock-out magic tricks to pull off the upset of the year and take home the million. He just might be able to do it. Vegas act? You bet!

Lys Agnes, opera-style singer. Best singer left, at least she has the best trained voice. And she's gorgeous! As a performer she reaches the audience on an emotional level, but Barbie doll needs to get her feet out of the base and really take the stage. May be a couple of powerhouse performances away from the win, but they really need to be overwhelming performances, she has to own that stage. There's whiskey in the jarro. Vegas act? Celine, think Celine.

Miami All Stars, traditional dance troupe. Oh my heck, there are actually some dancers left in the competition! Of the remaining dance acts these guys are best positioned for the win, the variety of dance styles they are trained for gives them a lot of depth, they have a big comfort zone. They just need to make the right choices drawing from that well, be sharp, and then it's just a matter of choreography choreography choreography. Vegas act? Yeah, baby!

Poplyfe, teen rock band. The singer is a great singer, solid front man. As for the band, they have a great drummer and that is major; the rest are coming along. They need to decide if they are a rock band, a pop band, an art band perhaps, and go all in. Vegas act? They're a work in progress.

Silhouettes, illusion dance troupe. Not really great dancers, but good enough and very inventive with their silhouette gimmick. If they can keep bringing it on, showing off the range of possibilities in what they can bring to the stage, they do have a chance. Vegas act? Remains to be seen.

Smage Bros. Riding Shows, motorcycle trials team. The other variety act in the competition, and these guys were born to ride. They have done an excellent job this season learning how to confine themselves to the limits of an indoor stage, their biggest problem is three weeks in a row of it might get boring. They really need to take it outside and go all out, they belong in an arena. Vegas act? Evol, think Evol.

Team iLuminate, glowlight dance troupe. Honestly, it really is impossible to judge them as dancers, it is a novelty act. Not complaining, I don't mind that one bit, just saying let's face that reality. With the right themes they can go very far, as long as the audience can understand what they are presenting they are strong contendors. Visibility is a big problem area for them, I don't believe what the live audience sees really translates to the TV audience. One thing they can do about that, sit down with the directors who call the shots during the live shows, work out exactly how their act presents to the TV audience, leave nothing to chance. The other thing they really should work on, improve the colors, especially the greens and reds, if at all possible. Vegas act? I guess so.

West Springfield Dance Team, theatrical dance troupe. The other dance act remaining that is actually dance. They aren't bad but they need to pull out some more tricks and get away from the Zombie theme to almost anything else to even have a chance, the competition is going to bury them. Vegas act? Stay in school, kids.

eta: It's a final 4 not a final 5, corrected.

vince3 tributes thread

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Ten frankz 09-01-11 1
 RE: Top Ten Max Headroom 09-01-11 2
   RE: Top Ten dabo 09-01-11 3
   RE: Top Ten frankz 09-01-11 5
 RE: Top Ten frankz 09-01-11 4
   RE: Top Ten dabo 09-03-11 7
 RE: Top Ten dabo 09-02-11 6
 RE: Top Ten frankz 09-06-11 8
   RE: Top Ten dabo 09-06-11 9
   RE: Top Ten Max Headroom 09-06-11 10
       RE: Top Ten Untrugby 09-06-11 11
           Prefinal 9/6/11 dabo 09-07-11 12
               Some surprises. Max Headroom 09-07-11 13
                   RE: Some surprises. dabo 09-07-11 16
               RE: Prefinal 9/6/11 frankz 09-07-11 14
               RE: Prefinal 9/6/11 susang 09-07-11 15
                   RE: Prefinal 9/6/11 toad8098 09-07-11 17
   Results dabo 09-07-11 18
       RE: Results Max Headroom 09-08-11 19
           RE: Results dabo 09-08-11 21
           RE: Results mindy23 09-08-11 22
       RE: Results frankz 09-08-11 20
           RE: Results mindy23 09-08-11 23
               RE: Personally.... mindy23 09-08-11 24
                   RE: Personally.... dabo 09-08-11 25
                       RE: Personally.... toad8098 09-08-11 26
                           RE: Personally.... dabo 09-08-11 27
                               RE: Personally.... Cestriano 09-08-11 28
 RE: Top Ten qwertypie 09-08-11 29
 What happens if your in the top ten... GraciaOliveira 07-07-12 30
   RE: What happens if your in the top... dabo 07-07-12 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frankz 1210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-01-11, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Ten"
It wasn’t until the end of your post that I realized the performers were listed in alphabetical order. I assumed it was by order of preference. Looking again, for me it is. I think the first five you listed are the early, if not clear, favorites. At least for me.

But in homage to the old saying, “that’s why they play the game” the performances will tell the tale. With only a few exceptions, I think any one of them could win this with two excellent performances and a stumble here or there by the competition. I’m actually looking forward to it.

Great recap, thanks for doing this. I’ll chime in later with my official final 5 picks.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-11, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Ten"
Now that we have a final 10, remember past history: This show should be named "America's Got Singers". Every season there are variety acts which make the final ten, many of them buzz-worthy and very good, yet every season a singer (or voice act, Terry Fator is in the same general category) is the final winner.

With that preface, I think Lys Agnes is this year's winner.

I'll be back later with my top five after I run through the TiVo recording of this week's performances.

09-01-11, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Ten"
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-11 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

The biggest problem for Lys is she stands in one spot, never moves from it, clenches her fists, and she sings. Fabulous singer, but she needs to be a performer. One high energy rocker, she knocks Poplyfe right out of the competition. She needn't bother, though, because Anna is going to knock Poplyfe off anyway. Or she could pull "Lover Man" out of the Billie Holiday collection, do a Vegas style performance with the AGT extras, blow Landau right out of the water. I love Lys, could listen to her all day, am looking forward to getting a CD. But she needs to become a strong performer to lock in the win.

09-01-11, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Ten"
Oh, I have no illusions; I’m disappointed with a sing-ger (a little Nick for ya) winning every year and I'm sure that will continue. There are singing shows, go on them. Leave our variety show to variety.

Rant over

09-01-11, 03:20 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Top Ten"
What is a Vegas act?

First off, I’ve never been to Vegas and really don’t care to go. Mrs. Frank, on the other hand, has visited often and has a strong desire to return. So my interpretation of a Vegas show is subjective based on personal preference. But I do know what I like so I’ll project my prejudices on an imaginary Vegas visit.

I want to see an hour and a half “Show!” A singer or group for an hour and a half is a concert, not a show. I can see the concert of my choosing at home, so they’re out. I might consider seeing Anna and Landau together. That could be fun. Their obvious respect and affection was apparent last night and the contrasts in style would make the show move along. A few songs by her, a few by him, some duets, that could work. But alone, nope, wouldn’t see either. That also eliminates Lys Agnes and Poplyfe although I do like Lys. I'd probably buy her CD.

I’d consider seeing a Vegas showgirl-style dance show, just because that’s what you’re supposed to do in Vegas, right? Out of this group though, I’d quickly eliminate West Springfield Dance Team and Silhouettes. 10 or 15 minutes of them is enough. Team iLuminate and Miami All Stars are certainly possibilities. Team iLuminate could put together an hour and a half show but quite frankly (and I’m always Frank) I would probably fall asleep halfway through it. I don’t do so well sitting in the dark for that long. Movies at the theater pose a similar predicament.

I seriously doubt I’d fall asleep during a Miami All Stars performance. I can certainly see them as a successful Vegas act and I’d go see them.

The Smage Bros. present a problem. An hour and a half of them confined to a stage would become tedious. I agree with Dabo, put them outside with cages and globes, etc. and I’d go see them. But then I’ve been known to watch motorcycle stunts at the rallies for hours and have always liked trials.

Which leaves us with Landon Swank. Would I go see a magician in Vegas? You bet. In fact, the only current lure of Vegas to me is Penn and Teller. Yeah, I would watch good magic for an hour and a half, no problem. Landon could fill up the time. I’d go see him. But why don’t they have shows with multiple magicians? I’d rather see that. Two or three different magicians with different styles, each do 25 minutes or so with a grand finale by all three.

The opinions offered are not supported by any scientific evidence.

09-03-11, 01:15 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Top Ten"
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-11 AT 01:18 AM (EST)

Well, first off, I listed them alphabetically in the top post because those are my assessments, it's not about my preferences. As it turned out, coincidentally, all the strongest acts came up alphabetically ahead of the weaker acts.

And I do allow that they may surprise me, some may surprisingly fail and some may surprisingly pull out all the stops and surprise me.

Anyway -- Vegas Act. In context of AGT what I take this to mean is earning top billing in a variety AGT show hosted by Jerry Springer, the winner would receive top billing. This show starts in Vegas, plays there for awhile, then they take it on the road for a bit, maybe with a different host.

A variety of acts appear in this show but the top billed act generally should be doing the most work of any of them. The top billed act may appear five or six times during the program while the other acts show up once or twice or three times (counting duets and mix'n'matches). What happens to their careers after that, up to them and whatever management they can find.

They do want variety for their AGT live Vegas/road show, so some acts that have fallen by the wayside may be waiting on the sidelines to go to work, Snap Boogie, Melissa Villasenor, Those Funny Little People, Zuma Zuma. It depends on who wins and receives top billing which collection of acts they ultimately put together.

On those terms, six of the top ten could easily fill the bill, three are iffy, one is out of the running. The out of the running act is West Springfield Dance Team. However long their actual competition program is that they create every year, 12 minutes or 15 minutes I don't know, it isn't enough to break up into different parts and be the top billed act. The iffys (IMHO) are Silhouettes, Smage Bros. (as long as they are confined to the interior stage they are just limited in what they can do, they belong outside), and Team iLuminate (it all pretty much looks the same to me, though they are better with a theme).

09-02-11, 03:32 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Top Ten"
Kind of depressing that there are only four spots in the finalfinal, the three singers are likely to get three of the four. Nothing personal, they are great singers, but I'd like a couple of the other acts to have a chance in the finalfinal.

So here's the deal, Anna, Landau, Lys, Poplyfe you too, you all need to go outside your comfort zone and own it to really deserve your spots in the finalfinal. You have to challenge yourselves and win.

Anna, you like to take risks in song choice and you love the piano songs, I really don't know what's outside your comfort zone, a little something outside your style a little maybe. So here's your assignment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLmpL2AzLs

Landau, you are great at the Vegas Sinatra stuff, that's your niche and I don't expect you to move out of it. Instead, you're gonna do a song not from that tradition, tailor it to that style my man, it can be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs&ob=av3e

Lys, you need to unclench those fist, use them hands, and maybe move around the stage a bit too, I mean okay hold a mike in one hand maybe that's fine. Get some of the hunk dancers up there, interact with them a bit, show us you got it. We love you, give us the torch song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thSfGPZGmnQ

Kids, you call yourself a rock band, you got one of two ways you can go. Pick a standard classic everybody knows and everybody does, "Johnny B. Goode" -- yeah, everybody does it, so what -- do it and nail it! Or you can play the outrageous unexpected card, and that's what you really should do. Here ya go, make it work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxO7rCHkh7o

09-06-11, 10:14 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Top Ten"
It really depends on the performances tonight but my pre-show top 4 picks are:

Anna Graceman
Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.
Landon Swank
Miami All Stars/ Lys Agnes – Tied for 4th. I tossed a coin and Miami All Stars won.

But my prediction is:

Anna Graceman – She gets the little kid and old lady votes
Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. – He has a following
Miami All Stars – Best of the dancers
Poplyfe – Gets the teeny bopper votes. Should be enough to make it to the finals.

Landon Swank – There is no major demographic that supports magicians. He won’t make it.
Lys Agnes – I like her but I don’t think she has a major voting bloc either.

Looking forward to the show tonight.

09-06-11, 11:35 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Top Ten"
Tonight's show may be the best of the whole season if the ten acts really go for it, next week may be great too but anti-climactic.

As for predictions, I think the three singers are going to be tough to knock out of the competition, Anna has the voice and the astonishing kid factors, Landau is a pure Vegas ratpacker and underdog story, Lys is dropdead gorgeous with a steller trained voice and the tragic backstory.

My plan for tonight is to just assume the singers don't need my votes, I will dump all my votes on the best non-singing act, or perhaps split them between the two best of the night because I really would like to see two non-singing acts make it to the finalfinal.

It is probably no secret, I am rooting for Miami All Stars, so there is a good chance they will get all my votes. Shame that Snap and Beth Ann both got knocked out already, they were great dancers also.

But I will as always allow room for they may pull it off. If Landon has a great trick that impresses me (unlike last week, though I am a fan)), if the Smages can again reach (near)perfection (until last week I wasn't really a fan), WOOHOO! Silhouettes and iLuminate I will also be watching with strong interest. Blow me away, people.

West Springfield is the only act that I am counting out, because even though conceptually it is a great act, these kids are over their heads in this competition.

Poplyfe? These kids have a future if they keep at it, but it is mainly on the strength of the singer and the drummer. Whatever they do, they should just have fun tonight.

09-06-11, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top Ten"
My projected top 4:

1. Singer #1
2. Singer #2
3. Singer #3
4. Variety act

Cynicism aside, I think Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. and Lys Agnes are locks to make the finals. I'm not as impressed by Anna Graceman and could see her having an off night, but she may still pull enough votes to make it through. As for the other acts, my bet is that Team iLuminate is this year's Fighting Gravity, the token variety act which makes the finals but doesn't win. I wouldn't rule out Miami All Stars being the sole survivor of variety acts either. The other acts (Landon Swank, Smage Bros., West Springfield Dance Team, Poplyfe, Silhouettes) have little to no chance to make the finals.

Untrugby 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-06-11, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Untrugby Click to send private message to Untrugby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top Ten"
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-11 AT 10:57 PM (EST)

Miami all stars
loose choreography + awful costumes = going home
seriously wtf were they thinking

Lys Anges
When sharon says youre out of tune you know youre really in trouble. Her voice just seemed to ruin the natural power that song has.

Landon Swank
slow, methodical, amazing! easily hes best performance yet

Anna Graceman
good voice but if jackie couldnt win i dont see anyway she could, but could she make the final 4? maybe

Silhouettes
another "message" performance with minimal talent compared to the other top 10 acts.

Smage Bros
I thought it was a step back as far a performance but a step up in terms of riding tricks. I think for a vegas show thats the wrong way to go coupled with the mess up i dont think they go on.

Poplyfe
Was the singers throat sore again? she butchered that song and the super accelerated tempo was to cover it up or just to fit it all in 90 seconds? I just thought that wasnt the greatest performance by them.

WSDT
another repeat style performance. you can change the outfits and song but big wigs, gory make up, contacts and bent waist dancing juts looks the same any way you do it

Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.
That performance was exactly what i think of when i think 50s style vegas singer. Was it unique enough? we'll see, but hes got my vote

iLuminate
I dont get why some people dont like them. They are so amazing it might not show up the best at all time on the cameras but when it does you can see how amazing it is. Another great performance more dance oriented than the last but still awesome with what they do with the lights.

My final 4
Landon Swank
Anna Graceman
iLuminate

09-07-11, 00:33 AM (EST)
12. "Prefinal 9/6/11"
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-11 AT 00:38 AM (EST)

Yeah, what a night, couldn't believe what I was seeing. Not the stellar top ten night I was hoping for.

01. Miami All Stars, dance troupe. X by Piers. THUD! Even before Piers buzzed them I was shaking my head and saying no-no-no. Purest of the remaining dance acts pulling out a cheer routine? And a sloppy one at that. Horrible decision.

02. Lys Agnes, singer. THUD! It might have been a great song choice in the proper voice, in the low voice it was just wrong, and she just sang badly tonight. Two of my favorite acts of the season flamed out right before my eyes.

03. Landon Swank, magician. Right on! Great magic trick! Hope it will be enough to get him through, but the slowness of the routine and the laid back approach might sink him.

04. Anna Graceman, singer. Not her best performance but it might get her through, when she hit it big it worked.

05. Silhouettes, illusion dance troupe. Great set for them, put together all the things that work for them with an uplifting theme. Still not great dancers but good enough for what they do.

06. Smage Bros. Riding Shows, motorcycle stunts team. Got to hand it to them, I thought they managed to step it up from what they did before, though with some obvious errors. No big falls, might get through and be boring as hell the next time.

07. Poplyfe, rock band. Got to hand it to them, they did what they needed to do tonight, a high energy performance and they were obviously having a lot of fun. Adding J5 type dancing was stepping it up, though it seemed to sap the singer. May get through on the youthvote.

08. West Springfield Dance Team, theatrical dance troupe. X by Piers. The predictable THUD! Vampires, zombies, it's all the same, looked like what they are, a bunch of high school kids trying to put on a show. Horrible choreography.

09. Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr., singer. Surprisingly, the best of the singers tonight, switching from Frank to Dino was a smart decision, and having the backing band to play off of and draw energy from really worked for him. And let's hear it for the band, they were spot on.

10. Team iLuminate, glowlight dance troupe. Finally, a really excellent set from them! Finally! Having the stage lit up just enough that you could actually see them, THANK YOU! They can dance, who knew? Still have a problem with the technology, if they get through to the next round they should tell the directors NO LONG SHOTS!!! That still kills them. Would I pay to see them in a 90 minute show? Not a penny, I'd get an eyestrain headache after about ten minutes of it if my seats were too far back.

I put all my votes on Landon tonight, keeping the fingers crossed.

09-07-11, 08:38 AM (EST)
13. "Some surprises."
Last night's theme was "Acts who reinvented themselves but shouldn't have". There were some terrible choices made.

Epic fail: Miami All Stars, Lys Agnes, Anna Graceman
Not their best effort: Landon Swank, Smage Bros. Riding Shows
Completely outclassed by everyone else: West Springfield Dance Team

That leaves my top four as:
1. Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. - the odds-on favorite to win
2. Silhouettes
3. Team iLuminate
4. Poplyfe - a surprisingly strong and energetic performance

09-07-11, 04:18 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Some surprises."
Honestly, there are two acts I think will certainly make it to the next round, Landau and Silhouettes. The judges gave them both the super sell. As for the rest:

Anna, her weakest performance of the entire season, but it wasn't horrible bad just not up to her usual high level. Possible.

Landon, I loved the trick, and he has a lot of style, but he went with a low key performer angle when he should have been trying to hold everyone's interest. Dunno.

Lys is out, should have gotten three Xs, just a very bad night for her.

Miami All Stars, very slight chance if enough of their fan base turned out for them to spite Piers, but I doubt it.

Poplyfe, whatever their fan base is they'll certainly reward them, they may even have made a few converts last night. Probably.

Smages were a little too sloppy last night for me, they may get enough votes to squeak through. Dunno. I hope America has had enough of seeing that poor neighbor risk his noggin and limbs.

Team iLuminate, I don't hate them or anything, it still seems like an act with possibilities. Judges gave them the super sell as well, but the TV audience can't judge if it is a good live act, and there are problems with it. Possible.

West Springfield, they got more of a ride than they deserved, Sharon shouldn't have brought them back as a wild card, end of the road.

09-07-11, 10:28 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Prefinal 9/6/11"
It was a very disappointing night. Lots of stumbles.

01. Miami All Stars – They went from favorites to zero. That was terrible.

02. Lys Agnes – Another dud. Due to the fires and all the smoke here we lost the signal a few times during her performance but I saw enough. It was bad.

03. Landon Swank – I thought he did a good job but I’m biased when it comes to magicians. He gets my vote but I really don’t think he’ll get through.

04. Anna Graceman – Based on this week alone, she didn’t do enough to go through.

05. Silhouettes – First time I really liked them. Good performance. Based on the performances last night alone, they are in the final 4.

06. Smage Bros. – They’ve exhausted their possibilities on a stage. You can only hop around on motorcycles for so long. They have nothing new to offer.

07. Poplyfe – I’ve made it pretty clear that I don’t like them. This performance didn’t change my mind. But they have the votes and I think they’ll go through but not on my vote.

08. West Springfield Dance Team – Enough already. We have nice parting gifts for you.

09. Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. – Nothing to criticize here. He’s a Vegas act, becomes more polished every week.

10. Team iLuminate – Surprise of the night, for me. I haven’t been a big fan but they were certainly in the top 4 last night.

My Top 4
Landon Swank
Silhouettes
Team iLuminate

However Landon won’t get the votes and Poplyfe will be in the final 4.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-07-11, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Prefinal 9/6/11"
Miami All Stars: they laid an egg. A chicken mascot -- seriously?

Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr: the perfect antidote to the West Springfield Dance Team.

toad8098 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-07-11, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Prefinal 9/6/11"
FINALS RANKINGS

1. iLUMINATE
2. Silhouettes
3. POPLYFE
4. Lys Agnes
5. Landon Swank
6. Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.
7. Anna Graceman
8. Miami All-Stars
9. Smage Brothers Riding Shows
10. West Springfield Dance Team

09-07-11, 10:56 PM (EST)
18. "Results"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-11 AT 00:12 AM (EST)

And so we have the final four.

Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.! singer
Poplyfe! rock band
Silhouettes! novelty dance troupe
Team iLuminate! novelty dance troupe

What a wild ride, at this point it looks like it is Landau's contest to lose. Poppycock knocked himself out in the final last year when it was his contest to lose, will it happen again?

Say good-bye to Miami All Stars, Lys Agnes and Anna Graceman, all strong contendors who knocked themselves out of the running this week by having bad nights. Good-bye, Smage Bros., they pushed themselves about as far as they could take it in the confines of an interior stage, what a ride. Good-bye, West Springfield high schoolers, they just really never had a chance against the competition this week.

And good-bye, Landon Swank, who from what Nick said finished a respectable fifth and nearly knocked Poplyfe out of the competition. A bit more magic, a bit more energy instead of the laid back approach, he might have made it. Oh, well.

09-08-11, 08:32 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Results"
Unless Landau decides to "reinvent" himself and sings a Judas Priest song next week, it's his competition to lose. Singers always end up winning this show and he's a very good one, plus he has a well-developed back story which is likely to resonate with voters. Silhouettes and Team iLuminate are both visual acts and could split votes and knock each other down, so the most likely way for one of them to win is if the other has an epic fail. Poplyfe will need the performance of their lives plus a record number of teenybopper votes to contend.

09-08-11, 10:32 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Results"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-11 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-08-11 AT 11:11 AM (EST)

Yeah, if Landau sticks a ratpacker type set, he pretty much has it made in the shade. Not only is he a singer (and a good one), he's the last solo act. If he were to suddenly go Elvis or something he would leave the door open. Elvis style I mean, funky outfits and karate moves; there are certainly some Elvis songs he could do in his ratpacker persona.

Poplyfe has a chance, but the singer (Kehlani) has to deliver, be in top form. She said they are planning something "epic" for next week.. Epic? They've done Beatles and Jacksons, what is "epic"? Queen? Kiss? Doors? Stones? Elvis? Elton? Floyd? Fleetwood Mac? Supertramp? Eagles? Skinner? Janis? Buddy? Blondie? Supremes? Spice Girls? Kenny Rogers?

As for the two remaining dance acts, they are more concept than dance. If iLuminate can suddenly fix all their problems and deliver, they have an outside chance as a big surprise. But otherwise I don't care how much Howie tries to sell how great they are live, it is a talent competition and I can only judge by what I see on TV, so there. Silhouettes have been better at mining their concept but they threw their greatest hits into their performance this week, don't know where they go from there.

Year of the dance? Miami All Stars, Snap Boogie, Beth Ann, all the best dancers are gone.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-08-11, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Results"
>Unless Landau decides to "reinvent" himself
>and sings a Judas Priest
>song next week, it's his
>competition to lose. Singers
>always end up winning this
>show and he's a very
>good one, plus he has
>a well-developed back story which
>is likely to resonate with
>voters. Silhouettes and Team
>iLuminate are both visual acts
>and could split votes and
>knock each other down, so
>the most likely way for
>one of them to win
>is if the other has
>an epic fail. Poplyfe
>will need the performance of
>their lives plus a record
>number of teenybopper votes to
>contend.

ITA, Max!!

09-08-11, 10:01 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Results"
Maybe I should reconsider that trip to Vegas. 4 for 4 this week and 5 for 5 in the last semi-final. I’m on a roll. I was pleased to see Landon Swank almost make it though.

And yeah, this is Landau’s to lose.

09-08-11, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Results"
I had a feeling it would be between Landon and the Poplyte kids. My vote would have been for Landon, but there are just too many kids with cell phones, tweets, texts, emails, etc, for us oldies to keep up!

Landon's squeeking by could have been prevented, IMHO, if we had been able to see that little fishy go swimming to the bottom of the aquarium BEFORE the voting, instead of AFTER! I was as confused as many others, and my daughter and I, who is also a big Landon fan, were scratching out heads, wondering if the fish was in his pocket or something....seems like others were, too.

So, here we have it. Two singers, two dance troupes. I agree with Max: It's Landau's competition to lose, and in any case, he WILL be headlining somewhere! I don't see that cheesy kid group going too far. I just haven't gotten into what it is they do. Guess they are way better in person??

Silouettes and iLuminate will definitely be going somewhere-not sure where, but I'm sure they'll be seen again, as were the group we brought back this year who did a similar thing (the guys from Virginia Tech) as iLuminate. In any case, they'll be busy. Good luck to them all!! They well deserve it, and I hope they all keep a good attitude, unlike Lys Agnes, who left with ugliness in her veins. So sad to see that....

09-08-11, 11:46 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Personally...."
I think Landau Murphy should come out next week with a Faux-Hawk and feathers, singing Gaga's "I Was Born This Way". I really think that would secure his place as the winner, don't ya'll????

Well, evidentally 'some' people thought changing it up a bit was supposed to do that for them, and just did not understand why the judges didn't get it. WHATEVER. I'm still a little confused about that.

09-08-11, 03:40 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Personally...."
LOL! The pressure intensifies every round, some of them inevitably make bad decisions. Landau can pull out Sammy Davis, Jr., next round to seal the deal, but if he suddenly turns into Judy Garland going over the rainbow it's all over.

It's more fun thinking about what Poplyfe may think is "epic" for the final round. "Who?"

toad8098 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-08-11, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Personally...."
am I the only one who doesn't care for Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.?? My pick is Team iLUMINATE.

09-08-11, 05:03 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Personally...."
I would love it if iLuminate stole the show next week, blew us all away with a WOW to take the prize. I really would. But I don't care how great they are for the live audience and judges, they have to blow away the viewing TV audiance at home. That's the venue, it is a TV show.

Cestriano 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-08-11, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cestriano Click to send private message to Cestriano Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Personally...."
iLuminate are actually really good and fun to watch. That being said, I'm quite relieved that Nick Cannon's backed off on his antics these past few episodes. It was getting really annoying having him do his whole "interrupt the act by being shown dancing along or making an aside or a stupid comment" thing or his "integrate himself in a bad act, then try and get bad singers to sing 3 more times in an attempt to be funny" bit. Now that everyone left is awesome, it luckily means we don't have to see it.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-11, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Top Ten"
I'm really not getting the Silhouette love. I keep gettting reminded of Gypsy Rose Lee and the outrageous vaudeville acts she performed in when she was younger. Just throw in the flag, an American eagle or two and everything's coming up roses. Just my 0.02.

GraciaOliveira 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-07-12, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GraciaOliveira Click to send private message to GraciaOliveira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "What happens if your in the top ten percent in your grade?"
I live in texas and if your in the top ten, I heard that you can apply to any college in texas and get accepted. Is that true? Also, what other benefits are there for being in the top ten percent of your grade?

Regards!

http://anxiety-disorder-cure.com/weightloss.php

07-07-12, 02:35 AM (EST)
31. "RE: What happens if your in the top ten percent in your grade?"
Welcome aboard. I don't know about Texas in particular, but if you are/were in the top 10% of your high school graduating class you should have a good chance of being accepted as an applicant for many colleges, and you should apply for every scholarship you can. Be wary, though, of scammers who want you to pay them to help you do these things, they are bunko artists who will take your money and do absolutely nothing for you. Contact the universities directly, these days they all of the have websites, they will help you for free. You should also contact your high school counselor (even if you have already graduated) for more informed advice and help with the process.

Good luck to you and best wishes on your future.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •