The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sharon Quits AGT"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-07-12, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sharon Quits AGT"
Piers lasted 6 seasons, now Sharon is out after 6 seasons. Feud with NBC.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/08/sharon-osbourne-reportedly-quits-americas-got-talent-over-sons-firing/

Sharon Osbourne is leaving the judges’ panel of “America’s Got Talent” following a dispute with NBC involving her son, Jack.

Osbourne said the producers of “Stars Earn Stripes” — which will show celebrities taking on military training exercises — fired Jack by email two days before he was scheduled to report for work.

Jack had appeared on his mother’s CBS daytime show, “The Talk,” in June, claiming he was fired from a project — he didn’t disclose which one — because of his medical condition.

At a press conference for “Stars Earn Stripes” last month, producer David Hurwitz insisted that Jack had not been hired for the show, adding, “He was somebody we were in talks with.”

Regarding her position on “AGT,” Sharon Osbourne tells the New York Post that the show’s producer, Simon Cowell, has tried to make peace between her and the network, but she says she won’t change her stance on the subject, insisting, “It’s discrimination, and it was badly handled.”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sharon Quits AGT Snidget 08-07-12 1
   RE: Sharon Quits AGT dabo 08-07-12 2
       RE: Sharon Quits AGT Snidget 08-07-12 3
           RE: Sharon Quits AGT dabo 08-08-12 4
               RE: Sharon Quits AGT Snidget 08-08-12 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-12, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sharon Quits AGT"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-12 AT 04:43 PM (EST)

Does Sharon understand that physical stress, like military training could be really bad for his health?

I mean maybe he is really really lucky and has really mild MS and is in complete remission and he one of the extremely lucky onesw who will never have bad bout where they symptoms get bad, but is it really worth going to the hospital and possibly permanently making his condition worse (as sometimes a bad bout that puts you in a wheelchair for awhile means you never quite get back to 100% ever again) just to be on TV?

I mean I know it is a family of DAW's but there are physical illnesses that mean you may have to opt out of certain opportunities for your own good, and I could see the lawyers or doctors advising the show saying this is an illness that makes this show a bad idea for everyone involved. I'm sure they'd sue the heck out of NBC if it made his illness worse in any way.

I just don't think from what I know of friends/relative with MS that I would be upset that they didn't get to do military training exercises. I'd be more happy someone tried to save them from themselves if they thought it was a good idea. But your mileage may vary.

So is she finishing the season, or is she just making a big fuss in the middle of it for attention's sake?

ETA: And I agree it sounds like they didn't handle the firing (or the not completing the casting) well.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-07-12, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sharon Quits AGT"
Yeah, I kind of suspect there's more going on than we're being told. While it is clearly discrimination, it is the sort of discrimination they are allowed to practice. As a standard business practice NBC may, in fact, require that certain types of shows have all their participants medically cleared prior to filming.

It could have been handled better, certainly. But Sharon is a savvy businessperson, being this upset over all this doesn't really make sense.

08-07-12, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sharon Quits AGT"
Well I did a bit of checking and MS is one of the many myriad of diseases that will keep you out of the armed forces, if he were a citizen, and if he wanted to be in the armed forces, he wouldn't be eligible.

I dunno if the stars doing the military stuff had to pass the same type of medical fitness exam as the actual military, but I'm not sure that it wouldn't be a bad idea, IMO, to have similar health requirements.

And from what they say they never actually signed a contract with him, so how can you be fired if you were never actually hired?

08-08-12, 01:24 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Sharon Quits AGT"
NBC denies discrimination charge.

NBC says it didn't discriminate against Jack Osbourne by trying to find a non-physical role for him on the U.S. competition series "Stars Earn Stripes."

His mother, Sharon Osbourne, said she is leaving NBC and "America's Got Talent" at the end of this season because the network discriminated against her son by not letting him compete on "Stars Earn Stripes," in which celebrities participate in military-like challenges.

"We hold medical information in strict confidence and therefore cannot comment specifically about Jack, but as a company that cares deeply about the health and safety of everyone on our shows -- especially one like 'Stars Earn Stripes' that requires dangerous water stunts, strenuous physical activity and uses live ammunition -- we required all potential participants to undergo medical vetting to ensure that they could safely participate.

Well, again, I hold that it was discrimination, but of a permissable kind. Sharon has other issues with NBC which are not being addressed.

08-08-12, 06:04 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Sharon Quits AGT"
I wouldn't be surprised that there are other issues.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •