The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"You Tube Auditions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cloud 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-20-12, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cloud Click to send private message to Cloud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"You Tube Auditions"
Been in bands all my life and want to send in an audition, has to be in by the 1st of June......but how do they work...I read the rules...has to be A Capella....if i am picked, for one of the 20, then if I get to come back can I sing whatever i want instead of their "suggested" list, and I "think" it said you can send in up to 5 performances? is that right. DO you get thrown in the mix with all other performers, or is the YouTube audition sorta it's own separate thing? How does it work?
Thank you
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: You Tube Auditions dabo 05-20-12 1
   RE: You Tube Auditions Cloud 05-20-12 2
       RE: You Tube Auditions dabo 05-20-12 3
           RE: You Tube Auditions Cloud 05-21-12 4
               RE: You Tube Auditions dabo 05-21-12 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-20-12, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: You Tube Auditions"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-12 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

They have to secure the rights to broadcast any songs not in public domain, so you can go off the suggested list but I'd suggest sticking to it.

Good luck.

Welcome aboard.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-20-12, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cloud Click to send private message to Cloud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: You Tube Auditions"
I'm sticking with it....but "how" does it work...if your chosen do you get into the mix with all the regular audition people and get to on singing other things...or...is like a little mini audition of You Tubers unto itself? And how many can you send in?

05-20-12, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: You Tube Auditions"
The producers go through all the YouTube auditions they have, select 20 acts to present to the online YouTube voters. However many submissions you may make, I would suggest you not only stick to the suggested list but select for submission only your two best.

The top vote-getting act from that process goes automatically to the next round, probably a quarter-final broadcast live. The producers then select 11 other acts from the YouTube auditions to also appear on that show.

At that point in the process I expect you would have a pretty good chance of going off the suggested songs list. I have no doubt that you probably could have done that at one of the live auditions when they were held, they undoubtedly have people at those events whose jobs consist entirely of securing song and music rights for those who wish to audition; and some acts may have to go with their second or third selections rather than their first.

05-21-12, 02:12 PM (EST)
4. "RE: You Tube Auditions"
Thank you...it so sucks so that it has to be A Capella......

05-21-12, 03:35 PM (EST)
5. "RE: You Tube Auditions"
You're welcome. And look at it this way: It's an even playing field for all the singers.

On reread of this article from NBC, it seems there has been an additional change this year.

The online auditions will be voted upon by the viewers in the YouTube Snapple episodes airing in August on NBC, and the top 20 acts will compete at their shot at stardom for sought-after slots in the semi-final round of the competition show.

That is assuming the monkey who wrote the article got his facts right (they are easily confused).

The process as I explained it to you is also in that article.

Following the June 1 deadline, producers will select 20 acts for the YouTube community to view and vote for their favorites. The #1 YouTube act with the most qualifying votes will gain a place on the YouTube Snapple quarterfinal performance episode. 11 other acts found on YouTube will also perform on the special live show and will be competing for slots in the semi-finals.

So, again, good luck to you, hope we get to see you on TV.

By the way, you are welcome to continue posting here. If you do you should read the guidelines.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •