The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final Four!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-09-11, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final Four!"
End of season in sight, hurray! The four remaining acts are scheduled to battle it out live in a one hour program on Tuesday. Results in a two hour program on Wednesday, the first 90 minutes of it opposite "Survivor: Jump Two Sharks!" I expect, unfortunately, we will once again be subjected to a parade on nonsense audition losers, and Those guys (you know who I mean) will probably be included in the fallen comrades segment. So, our finalists!!!

Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr., singer. Landau is best positioned to win, his act is traditional vegas Rat Pack. Four of five previous winners were singers, five of five were solo acts, the traditions will probably continue unless Landau has a bad night/makes a bad decision. Will he leave the door open?

Poplyfe, rock/pop band. Kehlani and her brothers have done well to get this far, they have been pushing themselves very hard. Coming along well considering their age, are they ready to go pro? Not just yet, but the best thing that could happen to them is if they won this thing and were forced to perform on a daily basis. If Landau leaves the door open they will have a chance, but Kehlani has to be in her best voice rather than wasting her energy trying to do a J5 type performance.

Silhouettes, illusion dance troupe. Lovable novelty act that really plays the right themes and gets the audience with them. Talentwise they aren't spectacular dancers, but they tailor their dance to their novelty so that's fine. Pulled out their greatest hits program to make it to the final round, I doubt they have anywhere else to go with it, just find one more good theme to mine.

Team iLuminate, glowlight dance troupe. These guys have really come on big in their last two performances, whereas before it was "w huh what am I watching?" mess, with the game theme they delivered, and their last performance was a knock-out. If they can deliver another knock-out they could possibly steal the win from Landau even if he doesn't have a bad night, but unfortunately they have to also hope Silhouettes won't steal too many votes from them.

SMILES ARE FREE

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final Four! Max Headroom 09-09-11 1
   RE: Final Four! dabo 09-09-11 2
 RE: Final Four! Untrugby 09-13-11 3
   RE: Final Four! qwertypie 09-13-11 4
 RE: Final Four! Max Headroom 09-13-11 5
   Finals 9/13 dabo 09-13-11 6
       RE: Finals 9/13 Untrugby 09-14-11 7
           RE: Finals 9/13 qwertypie 09-14-11 10
       RE: Finals 9/13 frankz 09-14-11 8
       RE: Finals 9/13 Max Headroom 09-14-11 9
           RE: Finals 9/13 dabo 09-14-11 11
           RE: Finals 9/13 qwertypie 09-14-11 12
 RE: Final Four! dabo 09-14-11 13
   RE: Final Four! Max Headroom 09-15-11 14
       RE: Final Four! Estee 09-15-11 15
   RE: Final Four! frankz 09-16-11 16
       Uncle Doonie dabo 09-16-11 17
           RE: Uncle Doonie frankz 09-16-11 18
           RE: Uncle Doonie frankz 09-16-11 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-11, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final Four!"
Two hours for the results show. Guess who will be tuning in for the last five or ten minutes of the time slot?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-09-11, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final Four!"
I know, the Finale results show running two hours is basically a collection of the best and the worst and a guest or two in order to deliver results that could be delivered in a newsbreak. I'd much rather they have a two-hour competition program with the four remaining acts each having two segments to fill, show us they really can do a long program. As long as they insist on the Vegas headliner criteria they should make it really tough that way.

Untrugby 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-13-11, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Untrugby Click to send private message to Untrugby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final Four!"
I definitely think iLuminate is the huge favorite. If they do well i think they win easily with landau 2nd. I dont think poplyfe or silhouettes have a shot.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-11, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final Four!"
I agree. If things go my way, silhouette come in 4th. Or Landau will come in 1st with iLuminate 2nd.

09-13-11, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final Four!"
After tonight, it's still Landau's competition to lose. Team iLuminate and Silhouettes put on good shows, but they're similar enough that I don't see either of them pulling the votes to beat Landau. As for Poplyfe-- too bad, so sad, thanks for playing.

09-13-11, 10:35 PM (EST)
6. "Finals 9/13"
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-11 AT 00:38 AM (EST)

Back later to edit in my real post, but for now--

Landau B
iLuminate A
Poplyfe F
Silhouettes C, and 10 yards for delays of game. It'll be edited for Mountain and Pacific viewers, but Tivos not set to run long won't show the whole performance for Eastern and Central viewers.

Right then, tonight's show.

01. Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr., singer. Landau drew lead-off, which you don't ever want in this competition really, especially in the Final, though if you can nail it you make it tough on the competition. He came out singing "My Way" with the big orchestra/band, and it was a very enoyable performance. Unfortunately, he lacks the decades of seasoned performing Sinatra had when he tackled the song, Landau doesn't have the full richness in his voice the song needs and just could not hit it as big as Frank did. Wonderful performance, but he left the door open.

02. Team iLuminate, glowlight dance troupe. Their best performance of the season, another knock-out! The heart theme was wonderful, and the heart costumes were a great improvement over their previous costumes. They solved a lot of the visibility problems with brighter, stronger colors this time. And most of all they finally listened to me and worked it out with the directors in advance how their set would present to the TV audience. YEAH! Loved the overhead shot, and even the longshot with the kinetic burst was well timed. Unfortunately, there is still a problem with the thin low-green lines, they just don't work on TV and I hate it still; one of the dancers blocked the main dancer at one point; and a double crossover jump was just badly mistimed. So it wasn't a perfect knock-out, they too left the door open.

03. Poplyfe, teen poprock band. When they said they would be doing Queen I cringed and thought please anything but not "Bohemian Rhapsody" please please no, because really no one can do "Bohemian Rhapsody," I mean no one, like Prince Poppycock. Fortunately, they opted instead for "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions." Unfortunately, they sucked, they really really really sucked. Kehlani's voice was horrible tonight, and the band were just not up to it either, just an awful night for them. And they knew it. Should have gone with something they could handle, like The Archies.

04. Silhouettes, illusion dance troupe. Drawing the clean-up spot would normally be the sweet deal, all the other acts have gone before so you know where the bar is. Unfortunately, some problems delayed the set, the producers threw out a montage nonsense set that was probably prepared for tomorrow's season finale, and then another montage nonsense set of the same nature. They had barely gotten into the set when Tivos across the Eastern and Central time zones turned off, which will hurt them in the voting. Not really a big deal, it was a maudlin sentimental set to "What a Wonderful World" with a bedtime theme for the little girl and balloons and dolphins on the screen. The bit with the polar bears was especially cute. They will probably get a job in the Disney Parks instead of VEgas, that's where they really belong.

Don't know how the voting is going to go, but I think it is between Landau and iLuminate.

Untrugby 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-14-11, 03:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Untrugby Click to send private message to Untrugby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finals 9/13"
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-11 AT 03:38 AM (EST)

I liked Landau's performance but i could hardly hear his singing over all the yelling in the audience.

iluminate went bigger, im not sure it was better but still probably an easy win for them the lights are just so naturally entertaining.

poplyfe, wow they had an awful finale. Landau went for one of the hardest songs in his genre and did it prefect. They went for one of the easiest songs in their genre and did it awful. They really shouldnt have made it of of vegas. Kehlani seemed to get so many breaks when she had really off nights with her singing.

Silhouettes: im one of those idiots who DVRs everything so i dont have to watch commercials, so i didnt see all of their set. What i saw was more of the same as they have done since the beginning. If their troupe was composed of 20 somethings instead of 3-18 yr olds they wouldnt have made it this far.

09-14-11, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finals 9/13"
No American flags this time.

frankz 1210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-14-11, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finals 9/13"
Don’t have much to add. Looks like we are all on the same page.

Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. – I didn’t like it the first time around. There was something wrong but Mrs. Frank and the judges were delighted. I thought he overdramatized the song. Like Dabo said, this song requires swagger. Landau tried to present that with his voice but it does require many years of performing. I guess I was comparing him to Frank. Kinda unfair. I watched it again and it was better for me the second time. A “B” is a fair grade. Almost, but not quite.

Team iLuminate – I thought this performance was great. Based on last night, they win.

Poplyfe – Proved why they didn’t belong here, or in the last several rounds in my opinion. And they took a spot away from about a dozen acts that are far better. Not even the teenyboppers can save them this time. Last place, by a mile.

Silhouettes – It was OK but same old. A solid third place.

Team iLuminate should win. Landau has a chance but I think it’s slim.

09-14-11, 09:55 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Finals 9/13"
My personal rankings:

1. Team iLuminate
2. Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.
3. Silhouettes
4. Poplyfe

How I think it'll end up:

1. Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.
2. Team iLuminate
3. Silhouettes
4. Poplyfe

11. "RE: Finals 9/13"
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-11 AT 10:19 AM (EST)

Landau could still take it, no doubt, but it's going to be very close between first and second. iLuminate put their best foot forward, I'm really impressed with how they have developed their act in the late rounds. They made it good, they made it enjoyable, and most of all the listened to ME!

As Untrugby said, Silhouettes were more of the same, just another version of what they do. But with projected motion film sequences on the screen rather than just stills. The delay forcing the show to run long, though, is likely to hurt them with Tivo viewers who didn't get to see their whole performance, which probably swings a few more votes to iLuminate. If Poplyfe had delivered a good performance they would have probably picked up a few votes from that as well, but they were just a trainwreck, should have gotten 3 X'es but the judges took pity on them and let them soldier on to finish the set.

12. "RE: Finals 9/13"
Agree.

09-14-11, 11:16 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Final Four!"
Congrats to sixth season winner -- Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.! Another singer and solo act, the traditions continue.

Silhouettes taking second, Team iLuminate taking third, very surprising. Silhouettes have the better back(sob) story perhaps, though their act actually peaked with the patriotic theme in the quarter final. Fourth place Poplyfe should surprise no one, they had just a very bad final performance and everyone knew it.

09-15-11, 09:13 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Final Four!"
Color me not surprised. This is "America's Got Singers", after all.

But Landau is a worthy winner.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-11, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final Four!"
With the exception of CBS, all of the major free networks are now America's Got Singers.

Honestly, if you had a non-vocal talent, why would you ever bother applying for this show? The hopes of getting enough exposure to land a job outside it are low, and you know you're never going to win...

09-16-11, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Final Four!"
While I’ve often mentioned I don’t like sing-gers winning this show I’m not unhappy with Landau. He seems like a really nice guy and the kids on the show love him. That always tells me a lot about a person. What do they call him? Uncle something or another. Plus he is quite talented. It was fun to see him loosen up with Patti. I'm happy for him.

Silhouettes taking second was a surprise. I really thought Team iLuminate was much better but what do I know.

Enjoyed the conversation this season. See yawl next year where a sing-ger will once again win, and I’ll once again complain. But I’ll watch. And hope.

09-16-11, 11:07 AM (EST)
17. "Uncle Doonie"
He is a really nice guy.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/landau-eugene-murphy-jr-talks-about-his-america-got-talent-win-12679.php

http://www.accesshollywood.com/tv/landau-eugene-murphy-jr-talks-winning-americas-got-talent-season-6_video_1355470

Doonie comes from people not being able to pronounce Landau, children I expect, saying it Landoo instead. That evolved into Uncle Doonie.

09-16-11, 11:35 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Uncle Doonie"
Yep, that was it. He really is a nice guy. I wish him well.

And thanks dabo for doing this. It’s been fun.

09-16-11, 12:00 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Uncle Doonie"
And you realize the $1,000,000 prize is stretched out over 40 years. $25,000 a year, before taxes. He probably made more washing cars.

But I think he’ll make his million real soon.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •