The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Last critique of the season from the peanut gallery"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-15-10, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Last critique of the season from the peanut gallery"
Enjoyed what you had to say, Max Headroom! But I thought I'd start this post so the acts from the finale wouldn't get lost in that post.

I agree that the Prince went a little too long, and I wasn't quite sure what it was he was heading for...but I still love him! And the nerve of Piers to buzz ANYONE in the finals! That man! Wish Sharon had a stun gun ready!!

To be totally honest, I think Jackie was just as boring! I'm really tiring of opera, and at least the Prince is amazing to watch, with his costumes and makeup!

IMHO, Micheal was the show of the night! He is humble, lets his talent speak for itself.

I have NO idea what the screw-up the Fighting Gravity had going on, but whatever. I just didn't get what they were doing either.

So, in MY order of whom I think should be winner, and runners-up (BTW, does anyone know if the other 3 get anything from being in the finale??):

Michael Grimm: Best of Show, and $100 for Ozzie to spend on another mind altering substance...

Prince Poppycock: One bad song does not a bad act make. He deserves to be at least 2nd in line!

Fighting Gravity: No one else is anything like them. They are unique, and as Piers said, they WILL end up in Vegas, regardless.

Jackie Evancho: sorry, just don't see an angel here, and wonder is she can even sing in English or in any other genre....

OK-NEXT....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Last critique of the season fro... susang 09-15-10 1
 RE: Last critique of the season fro... dabo 09-15-10 2
   RE: Last critique of the season fro... jbug 09-15-10 3
 RE: Last critique of the season fro... Max Headroom 09-15-10 4
 RE: Last critique of the season fro... dabo 09-16-10 5
   RE: Last critique of the season fro... mindy23 09-16-10 6
 RE: Last critique of the season fro... BrassFan 09-16-10 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-15-10, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Last critique of the season from the peanut gallery"
PM using his buzzer at the Finale was shocking

Liked the variety acts medley

Most likely, the two remaining will be Michael Grimm and Jackie Evancho

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-15-10, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Last critique of the season from the peanut gallery"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-10 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

Well, children, let me tell you a story. Once upon a time there was an evil ogre and he hated knights. He hated their shiny armor. Maybe he envied it, no one really knows. The more shiny the armor, the more the evil ogre hated the knight. He couldn't help himself, he knew he could never be a knight and could never have shiny armor, the best he could ever hope was to salvage some dingy old dented discarded armor, he detested knights with all his evil heart.

Anyway...

Not the best night in Poppycockland, I'm sorry to say. Good performance, and I do admire that he tried to show more of his versitality and give a fairly traditional operatic dramatic performance. But he needed a showstopper, this one's for the win, and it just wasn't there, he abandoned his originality. Honestly, I expected him at any moment to go campy, switch to his version "What Do the Simple Folk Do?" or something else from Camelot, it could have been his funniest parody yet. Alas.

Piers was a noodnick for buzzing him, though. He could have said everything he wanted to say without that, totally unnecessary.

Michael Grimm played to his strengths, excellent performance. Hated the song choice, too damn perfect you ask me, but he nailed it. Really, don't you get tired of hearing some of these same songs all the time? I do. He'll probably win tonight.

Jackie Evancho, great kid, undeniable singing talent. What else can she do? Excellent singing but at some point the general American audience wants English.

Fighting Gravity seems to have reached the summit of their originality, they need to bring in some professional help to more fully develop the act. Wonderful and unique but it all runs together and seems the same after a bit.

Loved the revue of eliminated variety acts, best performance of the night really.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-10, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Last critique of the season from the peanut gallery"
I haven't watched much of this season & last night was the first time I had seen the Poppycock guy perform.
From last night's performance, I could not figure out how he made it to the finals. Apparently he had been doing some other very interesting and entertaining stuff.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-10, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Last critique of the season from the peanut gallery"
Now it's all up to the voters. Tonight we'll see what they decided.

Based solely on last night's performances, my rankings are:

4. Prince Poppycock (and a huge letdown that was)
3. Fighting Gravity (almost as huge of a letdown)
2. Michael Grimm (strong performance)
1. Jackie Evancho (also a strong performance, plus she's America's sweetheart)

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-10, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Last critique of the season from the peanut gallery"
Congrats, Michael Grimm, winner of AGT#5!

Congrats runner-up Jackie Evancho!

Congrats, Fighting Gravity on third place, Prince Poppycock on fourth.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-16-10, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Last critique of the season from the peanut gallery"
Sadly, I do believe that PM manipulated the Prince's final results, and for that, I will never forgive him! What a ding dong!!

But I still predicted the win, and I'm quite happy with myself, oh heck, who am I trying to fool here? I am quite happy with Michael Grimm who pulled it off and jumped the shark on little Jackie!

Vegas had her at the 3/1 to win, and he brought it all down. Love it when that happens-when America does its own thing! YEP INDEED!

Unlike Chicken Plucker Skinner, I do believe we'll be seeing and hearing from Mr. Grimm way more than we have from former contestants.

Which brings me to one last question: As much as I loved this year's contestants coming back, why did they not bring back last year's winner to crown last night's winner? Isn't that usually how it's done? Or is AGT one of those shows that just throws their winners to the wind once they've done their stint??

Anyway, great show. I do have to say, though, I missed seeing Mary Ellen, or whatever her red-headed name was. Were they afraid she'd walk on stage with Donna Summers, or take up an entire hour of show time? Until next year, ya'll!!

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-16-10, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Last critique of the season from the peanut gallery"
>I have NO idea what the
>screw-up the Fighting Gravity had
>going on,

Do you mean you didn't catch it? Right near the end, you could clearly see one of the guys in black silhouetted against the red "door."

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •