The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A few good choices, and a not-so-great choice..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-26-10, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A few good choices, and a not-so-great choice..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-10 AT 11:01 AM (EST)

Well, folks. This is what happens when America is left to vote. This is why Ruben Studdard won American Idol (no offense to our Velvet Teddybear, whom I love), but personality many times outweighs performance.

And sadly, once again, it happened last night, when Antonio Restivo was voted out, over two not so great choices: Connor the kite man, and the two beautiful, but not so incredibly talented young ladies with CF.

As far as the other choices: IMHO-RIGHT ON!

I was so stoked when Nick opened that 2nd envelope to reveal that all three acts were going through, though I was a bit surprised that Taylor made it. He was weak, at best, but he did go out on a limb to perform on the piano, and once again, he has stolen the hearts of many Americans. His personality out shines his talent. But I can see him moving up, if he'll lose the nerves. But CONGRATS to the Prince and Micheal for making into the finale. As well as Anna and Patryk, who should have been there already!

Of course, next week, we are contending with the likes of Alice Tan Ridley, and Jackie, little voice from the Heavens. I think it may be fairly predictable that they, along with the bluelight gang from Virginia Tech will be going forward.

But, as we saw last night, anything can happen. Any other ideas, thoughts, etc??
Oh yeah-loved Jimmy Fallon's impersonations! If we'd had any comedians come close to that, we may have had at least one go on to the finals.

So far, that hasn't happened. Maybe next year? I dunno...as usual.

ETA: CF instead of CP. They have Cystic Fibrosis; I had the wrong initials down...sorry.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A few good choices, and a not-s... Snidget 08-26-10 1
   RE: A few good choices, and a not-s... Max Headroom 08-26-10 3
 RE: A few good choices, and a not-s... Glow 08-26-10 2
   RE: A few good choices, and a not-s... mindy23 08-26-10 4
   RE: A few good choices, and a not-s... Dizwiz 08-26-10 5
 RE: A few good choices, and a not-s... dabo 08-27-10 6
 RE: A few good choices, and a not-s... susang 08-28-10 7
   RE: A few good choices, and a not-s... Kyrie 08-29-10 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-26-10, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A few good choices, and a not-so-great choice..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-10 AT 12:40 PM (EST)

Let's see

Ballroom
Singers
Singer
Singer
Singer but at least puts on a stage show.

Looks ahead to predict who goes through next week.

Singer
Singer
Singer
Singer

(only four singers so they have to put something else through)

Probably Fighting Gravity.

Well that means one more week until I'm done. Once it becomes America's Got Singers I'm bored with the show and I can catch the one or two "we couldn't be on American Idol" peeps that interest me (or the one non singer that might last more than one more week) on You Tube.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-10, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A few good choices, and a not-so-great choice..."
"America's Got Singers." I like that. I've ranted about that same fact many times on these forums-- history tells us that a singer will be our winner. A few good non-singer acts like Recycled Percussion and Nuttin' but Stringz always make it to the end, but they never win. Fighting Gravity is this year's edition of the non-singing finalist which won't win.

As for the current singers, personally I'd rate it as a toss-up between Prince Poppycock and Jackie Ivancho, but my prognistications aren't reliable as I couldn't stand Kevin Skinner and he won.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-10, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A few good choices, and a not-so-great choice..."
My problem with Taylor going through is that now it's pretty unlikely that Nathaniel will get through. And I adore that kid.

Antonio not getting through is crazy. I would have preferred the kite boy going through over the two beautiful, but not so incredibly talented young ladies. His first performance was stunningly beautiful.

It's all good though, I guess, because Michael Grimm and Prince Poppycock are my faves anyway.

Recycled Percussion!!!!! Love them.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-26-10, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A few good choices, and a not-so-great choice..."
Thinking back, Archattack should have gone through instead of Taylor, and Antonio should have gone through instead of the sisters/singers.

I think we all agree-too many singers go through each and every year. But when you think of it, most talent competitions have more singers than any other act. Miss America, Miss USA, Miss Teen USA, etc, mostly have singers. A few dancers, ventriloquists, or fire-baton twillers. But singing is your everyday-run-of-the-muck talent. Guess we just can't get away from that one, huh?

I'm thinking that the final 4 will be Prince, Jackie, Micheal and maybe Fighting Gravity. Could switch Micheal for the other lady singer (can't think of her name right off-Ridley). But now that people know she's more professional than was originally thought, that could effect the judging.

I believe a great deal of votes come from the story lines these people throw out, also. As last year shows-you come from humble means, run a chicken farm, you're going to get more votes than someone else who is beautiful with an amazing operatic voice. So, I wouldn't put it passed America to vote in the sisters into the top 4 or 5, either. I hate calling it a 'pity vote', but what else could it be? Nice guys DO win, but I really love seeing TALENT take a talent show! After all, this IS, as Piers said, 'a one million dollar prize', and not some hand-out....

Well, we'll see what America thinks about it, very soon, won't we??

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-26-10, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A few good choices, and a not-so-great choice..."
I also would have preferred Connor the Kite Boy going through instead of the girls. He won't win this competition (and neither will the girls) but at least he has an original talent. I was shocked when Antonio was eliminated.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-10, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A few good choices, and a not-so-great choice..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-27-10 AT 01:13 AM (EST)

Yeah, the reveals kind of sucked last night. When the first four were called I thought ArcAttack was heading to the finals. All four went home. Just doing the math, 8 acts left, 5 spots to fill, dumb plan.

Anyway, yay, Anna and Patryk in the finals! Prince Poppycock in the finals, yay! It would have been a stunning upset had he not advanced. Michael Grimm, okay, he was damn good for being sick. I could have done without Taylor Matthews, but eh the competition wasn't all that great either. I still would have prefered ArcAttack, or AscenDance dull as they were, over another singer.

Could have knocked me over with a feather when it turned out Connor Doran beat out Antonio Restivo to make it to the judges round. I do think Antonio has too much flame and not enough illusion in his act, it doesn't play as well on TV when he sets damn near everything on fire, it's just overwhelming. But it is obviously a well-planned well-timed professional act, whatever he's doing. Connor, by comparison, is a great amateur with a sort of unique talent, should be doing rhythmic gymnastics or color guard somewhere.

But, ah well, America loves the underdog stories, Connor and his struggles, Christina and Ali and their struggles. I don't mean to pooh-pooh them because they are great stories, but they could probably fit in 70 more acts each season if they weren't spoon-feeding us this pabalum. It is supposed to be a talent competition not Queen For a Day.

Anyway, I do hope Christina and Ali perform well in the finals, they do have talent. They need to pick a good song and, just once please, showcase Christina. Put her up front, let Ali be the moral support sidekick backup sister. (You have to give me props for that one, until last night I thought the little one was Ali.)

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-28-10, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A few good choices, and a not-so-great choice..."
Glad that Future Funk is gone.

Although I'm not really a fan of magicians/illusionists, Antonio Restivo should not have been eliminated. This was a shock.

Loved Recycled Percussion's guest performance. Wish they could have won Season 4.

Kyrie 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-29-10, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kyrie Click to send private message to Kyrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A few good choices, and a not-so-great choice..."
Connor the Kite Boy is going to have to beef up his talent if he's going to stay to near the end. No way he'll win, but he has to start doing something different, like adding streamers or sparkles to those kites.

Defying Gravity is awesome to me. It's unique and different. If they go bigger as well, such as larger glow in the dark items, etc, they could have a great show as well.

Personally, when someone is singing, I'm fast forwarding. Give me funny or exciting. If not, I'm moving on.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •