The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Just When You Think..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-10, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Just When You Think..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-10 AT 01:06 AM (EST)

I thought this YouTube thing wasn't a good idea and I rather think they went and proved me right tonight. But it's not all bad news. I mean, well it was a night of many hitches, it was. But if they promise to do it again next year, who knows, Piers may quit, we may finally be rid of him.

Kind of sucks trying to judge these acts tonight since we hadn't seen any of them on stage before, but I doubt the eventual winner will come out of this pool, only a couple even have a chance.

01. PLUtonic, a capella group.
02. Dylan Plummer, jumproper.
03. Pup, dog without a clue; poor thing, I would have felt sorry for it but, you know, what does a dog care anyway?
04. Cam Hodges, singer.
05. Ryan Rodriguez, something like dancing and something like tumbling while not actually being either.
06. Austin Anderson, stand-up joketeller; I have to say he did the stand-up part quite well.
07. Booker Forte, hiphop dancer.
08. Pizza Patt, dough juggler.
09. Kristina Young, singer.
10. Maestro Alexander Bui, classical pianist.
11. Dan Sperry, gonzo magician; Howie and Sharon both lost it, I really enjoyed seeing that.
12. Jackie Evancho, freak of nature child singer or ET magician or something, I mean it's got to be some sort of trick that's just not possible.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Just When You Think... Donald Chump 08-11-10 1
   RE: Just When You Think... mindy23 08-11-10 2
       RE: Just When You Think... dabo 08-11-10 3
   RE: Just When You Think... Donald Chump 08-11-10 6
       RE: Just When You Think... dabo 08-12-10 7
 RE: Just When You Think... susang 08-11-10 4
 VFTW gets involved. Estee 08-11-10 5
 And next week dabo 08-12-10 8
   RE: At LEAST..... mindy23 08-16-10 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-11-10, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Just When You Think..."
9 to 12 were clearly the best acts. Of the rest, none of them except 1 and 4 even deserve to be competing on that stage (2 and 8 would have deserved a trip to Vegas, but not the Hollywood stage).

What they should do next time is first send the Youtube people to the Vegas round, then have them compete for a spot in Hollywood on the same terms as everybody else. Of course, Youtube probably paid AGT to have this because it's like a 2-hour ad for Youtube, so talent considerations were secondary.

That girl Jackie Evancho was utterly amazing. But I kinda feel sorry for her that her talent developed so young. If she wants to make a lot of money from her talent, she doesn't have the option to take it slow and enjoy a normal childhood. Her voice might change and not sound as good when she grows up, so she has to milk her talent now while she can.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-11-10, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Just When You Think..."
I'd take Cam Hodges, drop Maestro, add the others that you mentioned from 9-11.

I have to tell you, before we got to the guy with the life-saver on floss, I was beginning to wonder who the heck decided to do this!?! Even if they had never been on stage before, they were definitely worse than some of the first acts we saw on the first show!!

I DID feel really bad for Pup, having seen him on the YouTube video. I know he can do what he does, but not in front of an audience, and that is the point, right? Poor little guy-he was scared out of his wits, then the props were all screwed up!! Don't think they'll give him another chance, though. Bad enough the accordion almost attacked him, he had to have Piers, the buzzer-addict scare him out of his skin, too!! I'm surprised he didn't just poop right there on stage. Poor guy. I love dogs, but not one of the animal acts went through. I guess I'm a minority in that category, huh??

As far as Jessica-wow. I was right there with everyone else, thinking, 'is this a pre-recording of SOMEONE else??' Un-freaking-believable!! She has a chance of taking home the win, but it's just weird to hear that voice coming from that body.

All in all, very boring up until the weirdo with the floss got Howie! Spit is just not his thing, I guess! LOL. We'll see what happens tonight.....

08-11-10, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Just When You Think..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-10 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

Have they found their Susan Boyle?

Kristina was a good singer, she'd be the front-runner this quarterfinal if not for Jackie. Maestro showed some incredible virtuosity but I understood Sharon's point, hard for America to judge how well he played that song since it isn't as familiar as "Flight of the Bumblebee" or "Merry-Go-Round Broke Down."

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-11-10, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Just When You Think..."
I called it perfectly ... all of 9-12 went through just as I predicted.

08-12-10, 00:02 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Just When You Think..."
Good call!

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-11-10, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Just When You Think..."
PLUtonic: likeable guys. Good performance.

Austin Anderson: awful. Worse than Doogie Horner.

Pizza Patt: he has a skill. But an act? No way.

Maestro Alexander Bui: enjoyed it.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-10, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "VFTW gets involved."
They went for Pup.

At least it won't affect his ego.

08-12-10, 12:40 PM (EST)
8. "And next week"
In the sixth quarterfinal week, back again will be --

Michael Grasso, Magician/Illusionist
The Hot Shot Tap Dancers, Tap Dancers
CJ Dippa, Rapper
RNG, Dance Troupe
Harmonica Pierre, Harmonica player
Rudi Macaggi, Balancing acrobat
Swingshift Sideshow, Sideshow act
Kruti Dance Academy, Indian Dance Troupe
Connor Doran, Kite flyer
Doogie Horner, Standup comedian
Anna & Patryk, Child dance couple
Michael Lipari & Ashleigh Dejon, Aerialists

NOOOOOOO...... This is insane, Doogie's Not Funny!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-16-10, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: At LEAST....."
They aren't bringing back Mary Ellen!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

But seriously, Doogie is NOT funny, but maybe a tad bit more than the U-Tube guy! Who thinks running over ANYONE, especially children, would make any audience (knock-down-dead-drunk, even) laugh???

That guy was a JOKE, himself, and got insenced (sp) when they told him he wasn't all that good. Excuse me? Are you crazy enough to think you are all that? You need to be taken off in a white, padded outfit.

At least we'll get to see good old Harmonica Man again. He's a sweetie, and from my home town, to boot! If I ever want to learn how to rock a harmy, I'll look him up...glad to see Anna and Patryk are getting another chance. They are really good. The rest? I don't remember much about them.

But I do have ONE little, tiny, question:

WHEN DOES THIS END?????

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •