The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Strange Familiar, or just STRANGE??! Recap 7/27"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-28-10, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Strange Familiar, or just STRANGE??! Recap 7/27"
OK, so here goes the recap from last night's 12 wannabee winners.

1) South Philly Vikings: I'm agreeing with Piers on this one. Just a bunch of adults dressed up in alien/weird costumes jumping around. Nothing too entertaining about that for me, anyway. I'd give them a 5 out of 10.

2) CJ Dippa: This little guy gets under my skin, but he is incredibly talented for an almost 12 year old. The attitude is something I would have a problem dealing with on a daily basis-just think if he actually WON! Ohmyheck!! But he deserves a 9.

3) Pierre Harmonic: Novelty, smooth, and interesting. But how many people would pay money for that? I like the guy, but I honestly don't think he'll beat out some of the more up-beat contestants. I give him an 8. He's incredibly talented, too!

4) Polina: She really blew it this time. I don't know what she was trying to bring across but it was just blah! 6, for a few contortionist moves that I would never attempt...

5) Strange Familiar: I don't and haven't thought this woman's vocals were the best ever, and tonight certainly proved that she is incapable of picking song choices within her range. And get rid of her husband? I think not! Best choice is to move on and out, IMHO. Too many singers already. But I give them a 7 because they have been good up to this point.

6) Haspop: I had to watch twice, and still didn't quite understand what he was doing, but I did get part of the story line, and he IS very good! I'm sure he'll be going on. 9 for originality and creativity.

7)Luigi: Another singer who should have been eliminated before the Hollywood round. Tonight was, again, a bad song choice and a good reason to leave him behind. 6

8) Chipps Cooney: Nothing much to say except WTH?? -0

9)Kaya and Sadie: Very good, very professional, and a good chance they'll be moving on. 9 for them, also.

10)Jeremy Van Schoonhoven: this kid makes me cringe, because of the dangerous things he does. Not only for him, but the people who perform with him! Although he's amazing in his own right, just don't think he'll be doing this as a performer. And it's too bad that people put so much into these acts, when we all know they are NOT going to be going much further. 9 for him. He should NOT have quit his job, that's for darned sure!

11) Debra Romer: She does seem to have more confidence, but she also had a longer intro into the song this week, and she wasn't just playing the guitar-she had back-up music! I could barely hear her, so I don't know what the heck Piers is talking about. Star quality? Nah-not yet! She does have that "Jewel-like" quality to her, but she still has a ways to go, IMHO! An 8 for her.

12) Young Beast Society: Best of the night, IMHO! Somehow, I had missed all the other performances of this group, so it's hard for me to judge how they did accordingly. BUT, last night's performance was outstanding, and the very BEST dance/hip-hop performance I think I've ever seen on this show. A very clear 10 from me this time around! Great job, guys!

I do hope after tonight, we never see or hear anything from Chipps again. I am appalled that Howie has allowed this to go on as long as it has. And I put this atrocity on him and Sharon! What a crock! So many other talented people could have been in that slot. But wait!!! We still have red-haired, scrunchy-faced, Patsy Cline, apple lady to sing yet...God help us all!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Strange Familiar, or just STRAN... jbug 07-28-10 1
 RE: Strange Familiar, or just STRAN... dabo 07-28-10 2
 RE: Strange Familiar, or just STRAN... susang 07-28-10 3
 RE: Strange Familiar, or just STRAN... taffnic 07-28-10 4
 Location location location... dabo 07-30-10 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-28-10, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Strange Familiar, or just STRANGE??! Recap 7/27"
I agree too on the South Philly gang. The costumes are so flashy it's hard to tell if they have any actual talent in dance moves.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-10, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Strange Familiar, or just STRANGE??! Recap 7/27"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-10 AT 11:19 AM (EST)

Love your analyses, Mindy!

Couldn't vote last night because I couldn't watch the show in real time, but Haspop, Kaya and Sadie, and Studio One YBS were the acts I thought should go forward. Pierre did well, best song choice of the night! But I just can't see the wow factor.

What can I say about Chipps, that was a major crash and burn! Liked his act the first time, his Vegas audition was a step in the wrong direction, I don't think anything could have been worse than what he did last night.

SMILES ARE FREE

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-28-10, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Strange Familiar, or just STRANGE??! Recap 7/27"
Polina Volchek: liked her better in the audition

South Philly Vikings: a lot of flash, no substance

Chipps Cooney: what the (blank) was that?!

Haspop: good mixture of dance and comedic elements

Young Beast Society: best dance crew this season (so far)

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-10, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Strange Familiar, or just STRANGE??! Recap 7/27"
The only two I cared about were Haspop and the Young Beast Society.

The rest were meh, Except for agreeing about Chipps C. -WTH??

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-10, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Location location location..."
>1) South Philly Vikings
>2) CJ Dippa
>3) Pierre Harmonic
>4) Polina
>5) Strange Familiar
>6) Haspop
>7) Luigi
>8)
>9)Kaya and Sadie
>10)Jeremy Van Schoonhoven

>11) Debra Romer
>12) Young Beast Society

America, land of the short attention span!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •