The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"" I feel my inner sea horse" and other crazies from last night..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-21-10, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"" I feel my inner sea horse" and other crazies from last night..."
Well, I have to totally agree with Piers when he said that last night's show just kept getting 'weirder and weirder'!

All we needed was apple-head/redheaded singing/keyboard player to take up an entire hour! What a cross between a circus act and a very bad dream, for the most part....

Although, we were saved by a few moments of greatness in between, Thank Heaven!

I do believe that Alice Tan Ridley will soon be recording and/or starring in some broadway show or musical. She is no doubt an amazing singer whose time has come. I gave her a 10 for the night.

Cheer SF? Blah. Felt like I was back in the HS Gym passing time waiting for the bell to ring to go back to math class. 3 at best for those guys....

Mona Sampatha Dance Co? Let's say an 8, just because. But please, no more pink and green outfits. Hurts the eyes, as someone else mentioned.

Iron Horse? What the heck was that?? There is a medication that the lead singer can take for that twitch in his leg, but sadly, not much can help out this floudering group of yahoo's. I never saw them before, and wasn't sorry. Gave them a 4 for effort and beating on the big bass at the end. (I know, I know, it's a cello!)

Strong Man: what can you do with that except compete in strong men competitions? Why did they put him through in the first place? Because he curled up a teflon pan? He's a nice enough guy and he gets points from me for being a nurse. God knows enough of us are disabled from moving large patients. Where was HE when I needed him??? Anyway, a 6 from me.

Ronith: All I can say is 'don't come back', and you'll not soon be forgotten, I'm sure. -1!

Hannibal Means: Can this guy get any stranger??? He does have some vocal skills, but he creeps me out. Sorry! A singing fashion designer, huh? Well, I did give him an 8, as long as I can close my eyes....

Wreckless: not reckless enough tonight. They are trying too hard and it's showing in a really pathetic way. Get rid of the costumes. Clowns NEVER work! Get back to the street smarts, and you'll be fine, IF you get through after that. 7 from me.

Lil' Chris: Nerves got the best of him. He's charming, has a nice voice that will continue to develop, but I think he needs more coaching and more time to really feel HIS inner sea horse before he goes much further. I gave him a 7 also.

Asendance(I think that's how they spell it?): best of the night, IMHO! So mezmerising, so astonishing, so breath-taking and moving in a way that can't even be described. I don't know what it is, but they are just GOOD! Better than good. But as we all know, the singers may just overtake them if we aren't careful here. THEY deserve the Vegas act, hands down! IMHO. 10++!!

Anton R: Ech. I had a hard time following him; couldn't figure out what was going on where. I usually like this guy, but he just couldn't keep up tonight. He deserved a 6 in my scoring. For what it's worth...

Micheal Grimm, last act of the night: Soulful, touching, melodic, engaging. But not quite at 100% this time. The new 'do' took away some of his magic for me. And I agreed with Sharon, there was a lack of connection, even though I understand why singers close their eyes when they are in their 'moment', but he seemed more shy and frightened than last time. I gave him an 8. If only one singer from tonight advances, I don't think it will be him. But wonders never cease to happen.

So, there you have MY break-down. I'd love to see what YOU all think!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: " I feel my inner sea horse" a... susang 07-21-10 1
 RE: " I feel my inner sea horse" a... dabo 07-21-10 2
 And the semis go to... dabo 07-22-10 3
   RE: Alice Tan Ridley/Dabo mindy23 07-24-10 4
       RE: Alice Tan Ridley/Dabo dabo 07-24-10 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-21-10, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: " I feel my inner sea horse" and other crazies from last night..."
Cheer SF: wasn't entertained by them

Iron Horse: dull song choice, don't remember them from the auditions

Strong Man: don't get it

Ronith: all of the impressions seem the same

Should go on to the next round: Alice Tan Ridley, Hannibal Means, AscenDance, Michael Grimm

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-21-10, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: " I feel my inner sea horse" and other crazies from last night..."
(copying my post from last night)

Two of the most excrutiating hours of AGT ever. Some of the singing was good, just didn't knock me out. The Ballywood dancers seemed alright but the horrible stage lighting blended with their costumes to make it impossible for me to really tell, but gosh I hope they win coz then each of them will net something like $10 per year. The street dancers and the wall climbers were really the only ones I could vote for. I can't believe I voted for wall climbers. Maybe coz that's what I felt like doing most of this episode.

SMILES ARE FREE

07-22-10, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "And the semis go to..."
Alice Tan Ridley! Good singer with a great underdog story. For more on her see the post from the anti AGT mafia on the other thread. Hint to anyone planning on competing in AGT in the future, have a great backstory to sell.

Michael Grimm! See above. Actually, he did clean up nice.

AscenDance! Honestly, until this week I thought they were just a novelty act, they really upped their game and were the best act of the week. But it was an awful low bar this week.

Antonio Restivo! I have to disagree with the judges on this one, his performance this week just mainly seemed a lot of flash, no show. Maybe it played better live in person than on TV.

Loved the performance by Cirque du Soleil. They must have brought their own professional stage hands, camera operators, director and so on because that was a superb broadcast presentation, far superior to AGT's usual presentation of visual acts.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-24-10, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Alice Tan Ridley/Dabo"
I read the other post, so can you just clarify what YOU are saying about her 'under-dog' story?? Just want to get this all straight in my mind...THANKS!

07-24-10, 01:02 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Alice Tan Ridley/Dabo"
It's always been part of the television show aspect of AGT that they play up the backstories of the contestants whenever they have a good angle. Poor kid supporting granny, homeless vet, sick incurable kid, subway singer, etc. Those stories have nothing to do with talent, it's just about making a more compelling television program. I don't mind the stories, even if they're blown out of proportion (as in the Alice Tan Ridley case), and I try to not let them effect how I judge the talent and cast my votes. Which is what I recommend to everyone.

There are also a certain number of professionals who show up every year, they already make a living doing their acts, bar bands and magicians and comics and singers, and that shouldn't impact the voting either.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •