The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"$1,000,000 PRIZE"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

wonderboy2005 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-16-10, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wonderboy2005 Click to send private message to wonderboy2005 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"$1,000,000 PRIZE"
I just want everyone to know that the $1,000,000 prize is a bit of a SHAM. It is paid out over 40 years. That means if you are a solo performer then you will get $25,000 for 40 years but that's before your manager takes his or her 15% and the IRS takes another 20% so if you are a solo act yo might get $16K per year. Now if you are a large group like the bigger dance groups you might make $2000-$4000 per year for 40 years. Now keep in mind,the Network sells about 75 TV commercials a week sometimes more when they have 2 hour episodes and 2 a week. Those commercials pay probably (I am guessing) around $200K or more a piece so the network makes somewhere between $15 million - $20 million per week. Do you think they actually could have given the winner of their show a real one Million Dollars that 5 TV commercials would have paid for. IT'S A JOKE
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: $1,000,000 PRIZE dabo 07-16-10 1
   RE: $1,000,000 PRIZE mindy23 07-16-10 2
       RE: $1,000,000 PRIZE dabo 07-16-10 3
 RE: $1,000,000 PRIZE BrassFan 07-20-10 4
   RE: $1,000,000 PRIZE Nume 07-20-10 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-16-10, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: $1,000,000 PRIZE"
Thanks, we already knew that.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-16-10, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: $1,000,000 PRIZE"
I didn't know that! And I'm not so good at long-term math, so this puts it all in perspective. THAT is why we haven't heard from the Chicken Man since, oh, last year.

He's probably back plucking chickens, huh?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-16-10, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: $1,000,000 PRIZE"
Ah, chickenman! I still don't know why he got all those votes.

I think it's really 20 years, which would still be pushing C&A's projected lifespan.

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-20-10, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: $1,000,000 PRIZE"
I understand that the prize is paid out that way, but I don't think that any of these acts have managers.....so no worries there.

What I did wonder is whether or not they get additional pay for the Vegas show. If not, why would Terry Fator still be doing the show after his year was done?

More importantly, just like with American Idol, the focus shouldn't be on the prize money..it should be on launching your career.

Nume 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-20-10, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: $1,000,000 PRIZE"
Terry Fator got something like a 130 million dollar contract at I believe the MGM Grand so yeah he's gonna be performing there for a while . He is the big success story AGT is clinging to to try to keep the Vegas part alive heh.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •