The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"9/1 show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-02-09, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"9/1 show"
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-09 AT 01:41 AM (EST)

Ten acts competing to move on to the final round, only four act get to move on, three acts decided by America, one act decided by the need for sicophant celebrity judges. Whatever. The other ten next week.

At this point in the contest it isn't about talent anymore, as the talent has been proven. It is now down to performance, who are the better performers. Tonight's acts!

1. Acrodunk. Gotta love these guys, they are certainly the best acrobatic slamdunkers not called the Harlem Globetrotters. Fabulous performance, very impressive

2. The Texas Tenors. Semi-good singers whose voices merge well in harmony, one of the not blond guys should shave off his beard though, I can't tell the bearded guys apart.

3. Paradizo Dance. Here we come, walking down the street, really fat guy with really flexible wife, hey hey we're Paradizo Dance. I like the wife, how the fat guy manages to survive each performance without suffering a heart attack, mystery to me.

4. Drew Thomas Magic. The Hoff was right, it was a nice change of pace sentimental performance. Piers was right, they keep doing the same trick over and over again, bo-ring.

5. Tony Hoard & Rory. Best performance yet! Thanks to the AGT stage dancers. It's still a dog catching frisbees, but the costume designer deserves an AGT Award. Seriously, the dog doesn't care that his dumbdumb owner lost his job, the dog just does the frisbee thing.

6. The Voices of Glory. Love these kids, and they stepped it up this time a bit, but it was basically the same performance they did every time before.

7. The Fab Five. As clogging goes, very impressive. And they do seem to push the envelope. Creatively, who goes to Vegas to watch a marching band? Not me.

8. Grandma Lee. Okay, it was funny and amusing, at least before. This time it was mainly boring and redundant. Yeah, the judges played along, the editors did their best, but the audience went "Yawn." Comedians should be funny.

9. Arcadian Broad. Loved how he tried to add an extra element to his dance act. Hated how he succumbed to dumbdumb TV producers who didn't care if he crashed and burned as long as it made ood TV. It was actually a pretty good performance in spite of the production experts, damn shame he wasn't old enough to tell them to go to hell and do his own thing.

10. Kevin Skinner. Let's be honest, not the best singer in the contest, not the best musician either, but hey Piers has been smitten with him since his first performance in tryouts. As a performer he does connect with the audience. Honestly, he's no Johnny Cash really, but then no one is or ever will be.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 9/1 show Dizwiz 09-02-09 1
 RE: 9/1 show jbug 09-02-09 2
 RE: 9/1 show Max Headroom 09-02-09 3
 RE: 9/1 show mindy23 09-02-09 4
   RE: 9/1 show Sagebrush Dan 09-03-09 12
 RE: 9/1 show susang 09-02-09 5
 The Results dabo 09-03-09 6
   RE: The Results Max Headroom 09-03-09 7
   RE: The Results Sagebrush Dan 09-03-09 13
 The next 10 jbug 09-03-09 8
   RE: The next 10 dabo 09-03-09 9
       RE: Anyone else ticked off about la... mindy23 09-03-09 10
           RE: Anyone else ticked off about la... jbug 09-03-09 11
               RE: Anyone else ticked off about la... mindy23 09-04-09 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-02-09, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 9/1 show"
I really felt badly for Arcadian. I don't know why Piers felt the need to tell him he wouldn't go on, though his performance was very good.

I was impressed with Kevin Skinner's other performances (and I HATE country music) but I didn't get why Piers gave him a standing ovation last night. It was just meh.

Is it four that go on from this group? It'll be interesting to see who gets sent home.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-09, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 9/1 show"
I miss some of this cause I flip back & forth from HK, but I'll pick 5.

Acrodunk - amazing coordination, balance & timing. Course I've always loved watching the Globe Trotters too.

Texas Tenors - impressed that they just started singing together before they auditioned. Not the best singers I've ever heard, but the harmony just does it for me.

Kevin Skinner - another not so perfect voice (Simon would probably tear him up LOL) but he just projects such emotion when he sings. (I wish Hoff would let the chicken story & the accent go, it's getting old).

Drew Thomas Magic - I didn't see his act last night but I love magicians so....

Voices of Glory - wonder if they can do anything a little more up-beat? That same tempo over and over is a bit boring - but they're better than the others to me.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-09, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 9/1 show"
Despite the ravings of the judges, I thought this was a very mediocre bunch.

Yes
Acrodunk
Fab Five

Maybe
Texas Tenors - not my thing at all, but they're reasonably good
Tony Hoard and Rory
Voices of Glory
Grandma Lee
Kevin Skinner - vastly overrated in my book

No
Paradizo Dance
Drew Thomas Magic
Arcadian Broad

agman 2009

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-02-09, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 9/1 show"
Watched it on my DVR this morning. Sadly, because it comes on later here, I never have a chance to vote, so I can't really get a say in who I think should go or stay. But I still have an opinion.

It's going to be tough to pick 4 out of this group, because, whether there's a great deal of talent or not, there are a few who are audience fave's, and probably will go on. Even though I, personally, don't think they are quite up to standard, they will more than likely get a pop at the finale. And that would be Kevin Skinner, and The Glory Singers. Both are just so-so to me. Due to the backgrounds, and inspiration they bring, I think they'll go on, even though their talent is quite limited.

Don't understand what it is about Kevin that moves Piers so much, especially when he has no problem bringing children to tears, and scoffing at animal acts! What a borish pig he can be at times!! Kevin was barely on tune last night, and had Simon Cowell been there, he would have been told that he would NOT make it to the finales-I'm quite sure of that.

Grandma Lee is also an audience favorite, but let's get real. How long can she hold up with stand up comedy? I know that Seinfield, Williams, and other great comedians can do that, but I just don't see her following them in greatness. But, who wants to be guilty of voting off someone's grandma?

Arcadian was not so good last night. He basically has the same steps down, and does them over and over. No matter what routine the producers or anyone else wants him to do, he's still going around in circles, and jumping and twirling, etc. I love this guy, but after seeing him a few times, he gets boooooooring. I have to agree with Piers, as much as I hate doing that. Having him in the finales, and NOT chosing the 9 y/o guitar player (I'm still steaming about THAT one!!!) was total insanity.

Paradizo Dance just need to hang it up.

Tony & Rory-God knows how much I love dogs, but who is going to watch this for any length of time? In a park, maybe, but not in Vegas. I see them going home very soon. But at least, after what Sharon said, I think his boss will be intimidated into giving him back his job-IF this story is even true...

Drew Thomas-love the guy, but he blew it big time last night and will not be chosen to go on, IMHO.

Fab Five-great cloggers, but couldn't and wouldn't buy a ticket to see them anywhere. Bu-bye.

Texas Tenors really stepped it up, and deserve to be in the finals. If nothing else, I see them recording and going on the road very soon. They did an awesome job last night!!

Acrodunk were the best of the bunch last night, and as someone said, make the Harlem Globe Trotters look like amateurs. They will definitely make the finale, and maybe even win this whole thing! AMAZING ACT!

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-09, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 9/1 show"
Agree with you about Kevin. He was way off key.
I may be committing the unpardonable sin here, but I thought Clouds of Glory were really off key. All of them.

And Grandma Lee? I must be polite, but her timing was way off, and the jokes were only okay.

Aw shucks ma'am, my heart belongs to Tribe

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-02-09, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 9/1 show"
Paradizo Dance & Drew Thomas Magic: I liked them better in the Quarterfinals

Tony Hoard & Rory: They stepped it up in this round

Kevin Skinner: Good song choice

09-03-09, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "The Results"
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-09 AT 01:48 AM (EST)

First to move on...

The Texas Tenors. Well, okay. Not Sons of the Pioneers and one short of a barbershop quartet, mainly bubblegum country, so okay.

Say good-bye to Drew Thomas Magic and Arcadian Broad.

Second to move on...

Grandma Lee. Huh? Don't get me wrong, I don't hate her, love her attitude actually, but how in the world did this happen? She's not really all that funny but she could supply some nice bits for Hee-Haw if there were still Hee-Haw.

Say good-bye to Paradizo Dance and Tony Hoard & Rory. Shucks, now Tony needs to get a real job.

Next to move on... dudududuuhhhhh....

Kevin Skinner. The annointed pre-determined winner on the oddly-infatuated Piers barometer.

Say good-bye to... Acrodunk. Aw, man! Aw, man!

Judge's choice, will it be Voices of Glory or The Fab Five? Both enjoyable acts, very likeable. Lordy oh lordy, it's country theme night, both fit, how can the judges decide, oh my what a tough one, I mean after all it is shlocky country night, gospeltype kids or barndancers, oh my!

Sharon... refuses to decide

Hoffelhass... refuses to decide

Piers... decides to throw out the supposed rules, puts through both acts.

My decision, I am simply stunned that the producers of the show expect any of us to believe this feldergarb.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-09, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Results"
Acrodunk is gone.

The Texas Tenors are hugely overrated.
Grandma Lee is funny but won't be the winner.
Kevin Skinner is enormously overrated.
Voices of Glory is really just the girl singer. Not winners.
At least Fab Five is fun to watch. *sigh*

I don't see any of these being the winning act. Hopefully the other five finalist acts will be better.

another nifty agman creation

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-09, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Results"
Acrodunk's gone? And Kevin (and Grandma Lee) stayed? Argh!

Aw shucks ma'am, my heart belongs to Tribe

09-03-09, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "The next 10"
contortionist breakdancer Hairo Torres,
pianist Jeffrey Ou,
married juggling team Mario and Jenny Ferreira,
singer Lawrence Beamen,
dance ensemble FootworKINGz,
opera singer Barbara Padilla,
singer/guitarist Drew Stevyns,
musical band Recycled Percussion,
singing trio The EriAm Sisters,
ballroom-dancing children Erik and Rickie

Wonder who made the decision of how the 20 would be divided.

Would have been more fair (imo) to have had all 20 perform (even if on 2 nights) and America then vote. Then the top 10 move on from there.
Who's to say that more than 5 from one group or the other would have gotten the highest % of votes.

I would really like to know the exact number of votes each one gets - but we'll never know. And? with voting on 2 different nights, even that would not be a fair comparison - there could be more viewers & voters one week.

09-03-09, 10:57 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The next 10"
They could have showcased all 20 acts in one night if they eliminated all the filler background stuff, have just a straightforward talent contest. But no, this is a TV show, it is really about perpetuating itself. The stuff about girlfriends back home and sick dads and dead husbands et cetera has audience appeal. TVQ, whatever that means.

09-03-09, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Anyone else ticked off about last night??"
Ok, this is how I understood it: Voices of Glory and Fab 5 were the LOWEST scored, right? So, they were to be 'judged' by the Judges, and decided who would stay and who would leave.

That means, that those acts before them, ie: Acrodunk, Dog&Man, Drew&Team had MORE POINTS than these guys, right?

OK, this is where it gets really fuzzy for me. The judges ALL decide that they cannot decide on who should go home of the BOTTOM TWO acts, so they keep them both, right??

How fair is that? They got the LEAST amount of votes, and yet they are going on ahead of people who got MORE votes than THEY did??

Tell me if I'm missing something here. I AM blonde, but not THAT blonde!!!

What. a. crock.

09-03-09, 07:37 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Anyone else ticked off about last night??"
They were 4th & 5th in the number of votes they got.
Grandma, Texas & Skinner got the most votes - 1st 2nd & 3rd - don't know which order tho.

They planned all along to put 5 acts thru. The drama was just for that - drama.

09-04-09, 11:18 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Anyone else ticked off about last night??"
Wow-how did I get that so wrong? Sure wasn't my understanding at all. I thought they put the acts up in the order of votes they received, then axed them accordingly. But I do see where you are coming from. OK. Whatever...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •