The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8/25 show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-26-09, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"8/25 show"
Finally, the last quarter-final to determine which acts will fill out the Top 20!

Ishaara, Bollywood dance troupe. Nice outfits.

Barbara Padilla, oparetic singer. She really upped the ante.

Pam Martin's Top Dogs, trained dog act. Okay, it is a dog act, at least it is better and more inventive than the one that already made the top 20.

African High Flyers, acrobatic dance troupe. Again, nice outfits. A little more artistry might have been nice.

Mia Boostrom, singer. Good singer but I was more impressed when she was also playing the piano.

Erik & Rickie, prepubescent ballroom dancers. How wrong is that? What kind of parents push their kids into this? Very talented but kinda creepy.

Coney Island Chris, geek. Blech. I didn't like him last time anyway.

Matt & Anthony, guitarist and tapper, or tapper and guitarist, whatever. Piers was right, whichever of them was singing should stick to playing the guitar. But that was Lawrence Welk Show worthy tapping.

The Lollipop Girls, strippers. Astonishingly, watching ten women strip can be pretty boring. Take away the stripping and they aren't good dancers, just nice to look at. But the Hoff got it right, Las Vegas needs more strippers, why just the other day I read about the stripper shortage...

Drew Stevens, guitarguy singer. Not the greatest singer but he put a lot of emotion into that cheesy song.

Recycled Percussion, offbeat musical act. At least they didn't sing.

The EriAm Sisters, singing/dancing. Not the best singers or dancers this year but certainly the best sister act.

My picks (feel free to disagree, of course):

Yes

Ishaara
Barbara Padillo
Matt & Anthony
Drew Stevens

Acceptable

Pam Martin's Top Dogs
African High Flyers
Mia Boostrom
Recycled Percussion
The EriAm Sisters

No

Erik & Rickie
The Lollipop Girls

Never In a Million Years

Coney Island Chris

SMILES ARE FREE

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 My picks Dizwiz 08-26-09 1
 RE: 8/25 show lam0033 08-26-09 2
   RE: 8/25 show dabo 08-26-09 4
 RE: 8/25 show lam0033 08-26-09 3
 The decisions dabo 08-27-09 5
   RE: The decisions Max Headroom 08-27-09 6
   RE: The decisions jbug 08-27-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-26-09, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "My picks"
Yes

Ishaara
Barbara Padillo
Recycled Percussion
Erik & Rickie

Acceptable

EriAm Sisters
Mia Boostrom
African High Flyers
Lollipop Girls

No

Pam Martin's Top Dogs
Drew Stevens
Matt & Anthony
Coney Island Chris

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

lam0033 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-26-09, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lam0033 Click to send private message to lam0033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 8/25 show"
You really dont know anything about tap otherwise you wouldnt be saying "Lawrence Welk" tapping, Anthony is one of the best tap dancers EVER!!!!! Sharon compared him to Gregory Hynes and let me tell you that is no Lawrence Welk tap dancing!!!!

08-26-09, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 8/25 show"
I meant that as a compliment. Watched a lot of Lawrence Welk growing up, the tap dancer guy (Arthur Duncan) was always one of my favorites.

lam0033 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-26-09, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lam0033 Click to send private message to lam0033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 8/25 show"
I totaly agree with you about Anthony & Matt, they are very talented young men, Anthony is one of the best tap dancers I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-27-09, 00:18 AM (EST)
5. "The decisions"
Moving On: Drew Stevens. Act #10 the night before.

Moving On: The EriAm Sisters. Act #12 the night before.

Going Home: African High Flyers. Act #4 the night before.

Going Home: Pam Martin's Top Dogs. Shucks, this was the best dog act on the show in four seasons, but still it was a dog act. Act #3 the night before.

Going Home: Coney Island Chris. Thank you, America. I thought his act was horrible in the try-outs anyway. Act #7 the night before.

Moving On: Recycled Percussion. Why? I mean it, these guys would be great on a football field, but on a Las Vegas stage? Act #11 the night before.

Seeing a trend here, America? Later acts have a better chance with voters, I noticed this last week as well.

Going Home: Matt & Anthony. Shucks, I bet they would have moved on had they been act #12 instead of act #8 versus act #11.

Going Home: Ishaara. Act #1 the night before, the kiss of death in this show.

Going Home: The Lollipop Girls. Act #9 the night before, but don't worry, I hear Vegas has a stripper shortage.

Moving On: Barbara Padilla. Act #2 the night before, and finally genuine talent wins over luck of the draw performance placement.

Judges Decision: Mia Boortrom (act #5) v. Erik & Rickie (act #6).

Unsurprisingly, the Hoff went with the kids. Unsurprisingly, Sharon went with the singer. Piers was left with the tough decision of choosing which act would lose in the next round anyway, went with the later act of course, sorry, Mia.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-09, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The decisions"
I liked Recycled Percussion. Of all the 12 acts in the last episode, theirs was by far the most memorable, and in a good way.

Am I the only one who finds Erik and Rickie to be creepy? While they're talented dancers, their stage presentation as miniature adults freaks me out a little bit. C'mon, they're 8 and 9 years old.

Capn2patch 2009

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-09, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The decisions"
Coney Island Chris should never have been selected from the very beginning. The judges asked for that.

The young ballroom dancers are okay; but again, sometimes the judges think about the Vegas show part of this and other times they forget it. They just wanted some kids in the final 20.
And? I don't think Piers liked Mia's attitude.

Agman 2009

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •