The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This Show has Jumped the shark"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-03-09, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This Show has Jumped the shark"
Its no longer about talent its about the judges.

They have become to much like the American Idol Judges.

Sharon as Paula with oh I love you, and I don't know what to do with out you

Peirs as Simon who is brutally honest and doesn't care.

David as Randy who brings up new words that doesn't exist, like hofftastic, etc..

Plus this show is no longer about talent.

There are way to many singing acts going through.
Yes Singing is a talent, but we don't need 7 acts of singing going through.

Lets see here
The Texas Tenors
Kevin Skinner
Voices of Glory

Next we have
Barabara Padall
Drew Stevens
Lawerence
The Arim Sisters

The only two acts that might not go through are The Arim Sisters and Drew Stevens.

Plus the whole twist of 48 contestants. Only 1 wildcard made it through.

Then the whole las vegas episode. It wasn't like last year, when we got to see them a second time.

I wish america would stop voting for singers and put through some great acts.

Yes they can sing. But ACRODUNK left of Voices of Glory and Fab Five.

What I would've done is kicked both of them out and brought acrodunk back if they want to suspend all the rules.

This is the final year I will watch, especially if a singer wins.

If they do it would be the third year that a singer won.
Bianca
Neil Boyd

Terry Fater was a ventriloquist who made puppets sings, but that is a talent.

If you disagree thats cool, i'm just voicing my opinion.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This Show has Jumped the shark Max Headroom 09-03-09 1
   RE: This Show has Jumped the shark jbug 09-03-09 2
       RE: This Show has Jumped the shark dabo 09-03-09 3
           RE: This Show has Jumped the shark mindy23 09-04-09 4
 RE: This Show has Jumped the shark beau_30 09-06-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-09, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This Show has Jumped the shark"
I agree. If singers keep winning, how is America's Got Talent different from American Idol? Surely there are some Americans with talents other than singing?

If a mediocre singing act like the Texas Tenors, Kevin Skinner, Voices of Glory, or Drew Stevyns wins, I may also be done with this show. At least Lawrence Beaman and Barbara Padall can sing, so I'll be less disappointed if they win.

another nifty agman creation

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-09, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This Show has Jumped the shark"
I agree that there are a lot of singers, but...
Most of the ones on AGT would not be eligible for AI. Either too young or too old. And AI is for individuals - Texas Tenors could not make it as solo artists - it's their harmony that makes them good.

So at least they have a place to show their talent.

Now if Voices of Glory don't win, they could always try out individually on AI when they are old enough (the oldest brother is probably old enough now).

Agman 2009

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-09, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This Show has Jumped the shark"
The older brother is a good back-up singer with a decent enough voice to front a rock band, nothing distinctive though. The younger brother is still developing, could become a soloist in time. The little sister has the pipes! If it comes down to Voices of Glory or the EriAm Sisters bet on Voices of Glory.

But, yeah, three singing acts put through this time, with a geriatric comedienne and the lovely clogging sisters.

As things currently stand I'm rooting for the Fab Five. Or Voices of Glory. Let's see who moves on next week.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-04-09, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This Show has Jumped the shark"
ITA that since the Judges can break whatever rules are in place, they should have axed both those acts and brought back AcroDunk! They, IMHO, were the most entertaining, different, and UNvocal group to audition during this episode.

But what do I know? Apparently not much. But I'm with a great deal of you who say that if this continues, I will not.

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-06-09, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This Show has Jumped the shark"
I just looked up the seasons and saw this

Season 1:
Bianca Ryan-Singer
All That-Dancers
The Millers-Singers

Season 2:
Terry Fator - ventriloquist/impressionist/singer
Cas Haley - singer/guitarist
Butterscotch - beatboxer/singer
Julienne Irwin - singer

Season 3:
Neal E. Boyd -singer
Eli Mattson- pianist/singer
Nuttin' But Stringz - violinists
Donald Braswell - singer
Queen Emily - singer

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •