The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8/18 episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-19-09, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"8/18 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-09 AT 00:39 AM (EST)

Yippee, I got to watch this one real time, and it was a pretty good night for AGT! Much better than last week anyway, high energy and fewer flubs.

FootworKINGz started off the show, and if there are faster, quicker, speedier, more footimpressive dancers, they must have superspeed. Very good choreography, very impressive performance. A dance act.

Let me take a moment here to congratulate the producers and directors in learning how to better present dance acts, they actually seem to have gotten better since my complaints last year.

Marcus Terell & the Serenades followed up, a sexy singer with his sexy back-up chorus. Fine performance, and that one back-up singer can really nail it when she's in the spotlight.

Third up, Pixie Mystere, the pre-pubescent dance troupe who are all really bendy. Now, I'm like an ancient old fogey, I thought they did really well, I have to wonder what behind the scenes prevert thought up that bit. Still, they are exellent dancers, and really bendy.

Magician Jay Mattioli showed up next and, what can I say, he must have been listening to the same showbert who sent the Pixies on stage. His act tonight had a lot of flare but was otherwise fairly routine magician stuff, you might want to hire him for a birthday party though.

Singer Bri all of 17, and playing the piano as well, then came along to try and knock us all out. Let's give her credit, she has a knockout voice and plays piano pretty good, but in reality she's a diva wannabe and that outfit was so 1997 Britany.

Reclaimed dance act U4RIA came along and with a really original unpredictable performance in circa 1984 video outfits and make-up.

Ah, my, then came along singer/guitarist/novelty songwriter Dave Johnson doing the exact same performance he gave before except this time it was about falling in love with Sophia from "The Golden Girls" rather than the Hoff from "Baywatch." Next time he shows up expect him to be in love with Potsie from "Happy Daze."

Solo dancer Hairo Torres then showed up and, my goodness, he was pretty good and combined a lot of break-dance and Jerry Lewis comedy bits. If he gets to the next round he's got to find a way to do some Three Stooges stuff, or maybe some Red Skelton.

Hey, all you teenybopperockers, did you totally love G-Force? I got to admit, the drumming was spot on. Everything else, meh, maybe they should try again in a year or two.

Pianist Jeffrey Ou then showed up. and we are advised to judge him from the first half of his performance as the second half was ruined by technical difficulties. Okay. Virtuoso pianist, no doubt, but I never heard that piece performed at that tempo before, it was really too fast and unartistic, bleh.

Ah, then, the sideshow Klingon juggling act of Mario & Jenny. I loved how they upped the ante, not that the juggling fire routine was ever more dangerous than the juggling fake chainsaws routine really. But they made much more a show of it, very nice. Shame though that Jenny wasn't in her show-off-the-skin outfit, but Mario had great Klingon make-up, give it up for the showmanship.

Singer Lawrence Beaman came along to finish the show, and gosh do you think they would ever let a bad act anchor the program? Uh-uhh!!!

I thought he did better before with "Old Man River" but at least this time he managed to get on base.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 8/18 episode Max Headroom 08-19-09 1
   RE: 8/18 episode Dizwiz 08-19-09 2
 RE: 8/18 episode raward65 08-19-09 3
   RE: 8/18 episode mindy23 08-19-09 4
 RE: 8/18 episode susang 08-19-09 5
 I agree with Piers. Max Headroom 08-20-09 6
   RE: I agree with Piers. dabo 08-20-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-09, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 8/18 episode"
Unlike last week, at least there were five worthy acts this time around, but there were also quite a few duds.

Definite votes
Marcus Terell and the Serenades
Pixie Mystere
Bri
Mario & Jenny
Lawrence Beaman

Take 'em or leave 'em
FootworKINGz
Jeffrey Ou (the sound failure was a bummer for him)

Never in a million years
Jay Mattioli
U4RIA
Dave Johnson
Hairo Torres
G-Force

I wonder why the judges kept train-wreck Dave Johnson? He was every bit as bad as the screeching violin triplets and far less attractive. Couldn't they find someone more worthy out of the thousands of acts which auditioned?

Surfkitten Sigshop Summer 2008

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-19-09, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 8/18 episode"
My list is very similar to yours.

Definite votes

Marcus Terell and the Serenades
Mario and Jenny
Lawrence Beaman
Bri
FootworKINGz

Take 'em or leave 'em

Pixie Mystere
Hairo Torres
Jeffrey Ou (the sound failure was a bummer for him)

Never in a million years

Jay Mattioli
U4RIA
Dave Johnson
G-Force

raward65 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-19-09, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail raward65 Click to send private message to raward65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 8/18 episode"
ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS THE RULES AND POLICIES LIKE THE AGE GROUP THAT IS ALLOWED ON THE SHOW AND THE POLICIES THAT IMPLY TO EACH CONTESTANT. DO YOU TRAVEL LIKE AMERICAN IDOL?

RAMONA WARD

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-19-09, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 8/18 episode"
I think once they win this show, they are sent straight to Vegas to perform. At least, that's my impression.
Which leads me to wonder WHY anyone would put kids on, knowing that they still have to be in school, would have to rehearse, perform, etc. How in the world would they be able to do that? I just think it would be next to impossible for any child act to handle a full-time position anywhere, but especially in Vegas!

But, IMHO, I haven't seen a child act, under, say 18, yet that has impressed me, anyway. I wouldn't vote for any of them. Especially one that has over, say, 5 or so kids in it. The older dance/acrobatic type acts are much better and can really perform, and would have the time to put into it.

What do parents do? Pull up their roots, change jobs, pull the rest of their kids out of school for ONE kid to be in Vegas with a dance troupe? Doesn't even make sense to me. I guess it could be about exposure, and that's about it.

I think the two men singers were great, and the first dance act. Bri was ok. Other than that, nothing really moved my soul last night. I'm still waiting to see if they bring back the young guitarist. He's the only 'child' act I would even consider!

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-19-09, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 8/18 episode"
Dave Johnson was mildly funny the first time, and a complete disaster the second time

He is this group's "Manuela Horn"

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-09, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "I agree with Piers."
"America made some odd choices with this group." - Piers Morgan

As they were three of my favorite acts, I was disappointed that Pixie Mystere, Marcus Terell and the Serenades, and Bri didn't make it. I'm not terribly offended that FootworKINGz and Jeffrey Ou took two of those slots, but Hairo Torres? Huh? I wouldn't pay money to watch that guy if he had the only show in Las Vegas. Wow.

/rant

Surfkitten Sigshop Summer 2008

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-09, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I agree with Piers."
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-09 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

It was a weird night. Around here thunderstorms kept disrupting the network feed and knocked it out entirely just after Nick said, "And the next act to go home is (pause)..."

I was able to catch up thanks to the vids NBC put up today.

Moving on:

Bri v. Jeffrey Ou

Right off the bat it was an "oh no" for me, I thought both these acts were deserving. I also thought Jeffrey would perhaps lose because of that unfortunate technical difficulty the previous night. He won this round though, I was shocked that America sent home Bri.

Jay Mattioli v. Dave Johnson v. Lawrence Beaman

This was a no-brainer, two acts that got buzzed against Lawrence the powerhouse. It would have been a flipping weird night indeed had America decided to put through Dave Johnson in order to hear his next TV crush song about Mrs. Powell or Foghorn Leghorn or the General Lee or whatever. And Jay's best bit the night before was the song choice, whoop whoop!

Marcus Terell & the Serenades v. Mario & Jenny

This was another surprise. Both acts had really stepped it up the night before, I thought Marcus had the advantage, instead America decided to keep the faux danger element of Mario & Jenny. I will be interested in seeing what they come up with next, they do have the best off-beat act this season.

U4RIA v. Hairo Torres v. G-Force

This was where we lost the network feed entirely, so thank you NBC for finally getting around to putting up the vids.

It was again obvious, at least that G-Force would be going home. But I was surprised that U4RIA lost to Hairo. To be fair to Hairo he doesn't have to carry the whole Las Vegas show should he win, just headline it. And I guess U4RIA should have taken into account it's NBC which established back in the '60s the unofficial network television rule: DON'T WEAR THE RED SHIRT!

FootworKINGz v. Pixie Mystere

Judge's choice, FootworKINGz! And I thought it funny that Nick avoided going to the Hoff by going first to Sharon and then to Piers, minimizing the cloying Hoff to kids stuff. Thank you, Nick! Now let's work on next year replacing the Hoff with another Brit judge, Davy Jones maybe.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •