The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8/11 episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-09, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"8/11 episode"
Okay, once again I haven't seen the ep real time, darn the band camp schedule and all.

Tonight's acts, you tell me how they done.

The Fab Five (cloggin' Utah sisters)
Charles DeWayne (singer/musician)
Carol Loo (comedic 70-yr-old dancer)
Tony Hoard and Rockn Rory (dog n frisbee act)
Eleisha Miller (8 yr-old singer-dancer-musician)
Paradizio Dance (Sexy married couple doing sexy dance/acrobatic stuff)
The Texas Tenors (three singers from down Texas way who by coinkydink had a spammer mole show up today well maybe, I mean how desperate)
SQ Entertainment (dancers)
Pete Peterkin (Obama et al impersonator make that slash comedian)
Alizma (triplet blondes in search of an act, and they really can't sing that well, though they violin some mighty fine g-string)
Beale Street Flippers (acrobats in search of a choreographer)
The Voices of Glory (patriotic sibling singers)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 8/11 episode Max Headroom 08-12-09 1
 RE: 8/11 episode grit 08-12-09 2
 RE: 8/11 episode rasslinmomma 08-12-09 3
   RE: 8/11 episode Dizwiz 08-12-09 5
       RE: 8/11 episode jbug 08-12-09 6
           RE: 8/11 episode Dizwiz 08-12-09 7
               RE: 8/11 episode Donna481 08-12-09 8
 RE: 8/11 episode beau_30 08-12-09 4
   RE: 8/11 episode Donna481 08-12-09 9
       RE: 8/11 episode Max Headroom 08-12-09 10
           RE: 8/11 episode dabo 08-13-09 11
               RE: 8/11 episode Max Headroom 08-13-09 12
                   RE: 8/11 episode grit 08-13-09 13
                       RE: 8/11 episode mindy23 08-13-09 17
 Tony & Rory vs Charles jbug 08-13-09 14
   RE: Tony & Rory vs Charles Dizwiz 08-13-09 15
       RE: Tony & Rory vs Charles Lorr 08-13-09 20
   RE: Tony & Rory vs Charles Max Headroom 08-13-09 16
       RE: Tony & Rory vs Charles Dizwiz 08-13-09 18
 Top 40: Second Eliminations susang 08-13-09 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-09, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 8/11 episode"
I only saw a couple of acts myself-- the episode is on the TiVo, waiting for me to watch it tonight. Still, Piers cracked me up during last night's episode, right after Pete Peterkin finshed his act. After receiving some constructive criticism, Pete was arguing with Piers about it, and Piers finally got exasperated and buzzed Pete after his act was complete, saying, "It's never too late for a buzz."

"Play expert, you noob." - Max's DS

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-12-09, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 8/11 episode"
My husband and I actually got to watch part of this last night.

We missed the The Fab Five, Charles DeWayne, and Carol Loo (who looked kind of freaky in the recap).

Tony Hoard and Rockn Rory - cute dog, cute routine, would not be able to sustain a Vegas act. I'm not sure what Piers' complaint was about the dog dropping the frisbees. I thought he HAD to in order to pick up more frisbees?

Eleisha Miller - moderately talented, liked the attitude at first but then it got old REALLY FAST.

Paradizio Dance - best of the night. Hubby could stand to lose some weight. He was pretty good but detracted from his wife who was amazing.

The Texas Tenors - pretty good but I have to agree with Piers. It was cheesy. I hate when acts choose songs designed to appeal to the audience like that.

SQ Entertainment - not bad but they need better choreography. About 3 or 4 times they all grouped together like they were done then they started something else.

Pete Peterkin - not bad, not great.

Alizma - I haven't seen previous episodes with these 3 so I can't attest to their violin-playing skills. However, their singing was not that good and I was annoyed at their outfits.

Beale Street Flippers - what dabo said - acrobats in search of a choreographer

The Voices of Glory - not bad, sure to get the sympathy vote.

I got sliced!

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-12-09, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 8/11 episode"
I wish we could bring back Thia from last week, because a top 5 out of last night's group will definitely include some stinkers! I don't think any of these acts can touch AcroDunk or Kevin Skinner.

The Fab Five - high energy, good synchronization, well done
Paradizio Dance - slow start with her trying to lift his bulk, flowed much better when he was doing the lifting
The Voices of Glory - little gal can sing! love the harmonies

Meh
Charles DeWayne - technically good, but doesn't sing with much feeling.
Tony Hoard and Rockn Rory - neat dog act, but didn't stand up well to the stage noise/environment
Eleisha Miller - still cute, but not a winning talent
The Texas Tenors - you guys really could have had me with a different song
Beale Street Flippers - nice flips, but very disorganized, finished routine too long before music done

Blech
Carol Loo - never wanted to imagine gramma as madonna. too late now.
Alizma - eliminated the only good part of their audition - the violin
SQ Entertainment - didn't seem cohesive, not ready for next level
Pete Peterkin - not funny, didn't seem cohesive

Courtesy of the very talented ARnutz

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-12-09, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 8/11 episode"
Agree 100% with everything you have here. The Texas Tenors should probably go on, but Piers had it right on about the cheese factor. Plus, I hate that freakin' song.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-09, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 8/11 episode"
Come on Diz. Lee Greenwood is the master of patriotic song writing!
Didn't it make you want to stand up?

Agman 2009

08-12-09, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 8/11 episode"
It made me want to stand up and throw things. I like to think I'm pretty patriotic, but that song is just SO tacky.

Donna481 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-12-09, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donna481 Click to send private message to Donna481 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 8/11 episode"
Can you tell me who is the top five for tonight?

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-12-09, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 8/11 episode"
Who's Going? Who's Staying?

These are my predictions:

Moving on For Sure
The Voices of Glory
The Fab Five
Paradizio Dance
The Texas Tenors

Wildcards/Going Through/Going Home
Tony Hoard and Rockn Rory
Pete Peterkin
Eleisha Miller
Beale Street Flippers
SQ Entertainment
Charles DeWayne

Going Home For Sure
Carol Loo
Alizma

Donna481 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-12-09, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donna481 Click to send private message to Donna481 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 8/11 episode"
Can anyone please tell me who is the five going forward?

08-12-09, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 8/11 episode"
The five acts advancing to the next round are:

The Voices of Glory
The Fab Five
Paradizio Dance
The Texas Tenors
Tony Hoard and Rockn Rory (judges choice)

I don't see any of them being good enough to win it all, but that's who we got from this week's acts.

agman 2009

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-09, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 8/11 episode"
Cngrats to the acts moving on.

I mean, aw crud, we aren't going to see the stripper blonde triplets again, what a shame. They lost to the dog act?

BUAAA-HAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Personally, I'm going to miss the flippers. They certainly messed up by losing their dance and choreography elements, but let's at least admit that was an impressive athletic exhibition.

Seriously, the dog act made it! It's a trained dog!

Oh, well, at least it wasn't a blonde violinist who couldn't really sing.

08-13-09, 08:05 AM (EST)
12. "RE: 8/11 episode"
Oh, well, at least it wasn't a blonde violinist who couldn't really sing.

It's funny, during the audition rounds the judges told the blonde triplets to skip the mediocre singing and focus on their violin work. So what did they do in the next round? Play a token violin intro and then sing badly. Three quick buzzes later, they were gone.

It takes more than good looks to make it in show biz.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-13-09, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 8/11 episode"
So how do you explain Paris Hilton?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-13-09, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 8/11 episode"
>So how do you explain Paris
>Hilton?
>
>
>Handcrafted by RollDdice

FAMILY MONEY!! LOL. No, seriously. That's it, and only it.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-09, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Tony & Rory vs Charles"
Hasn't Piers learned anything at all in the last few years?
He should know that if he makes any comment - like he did last night about how terrible it would be if Charles did not make it thru - Sharon is going to vote opposite what he wants. She is going to do it just to show him and for the drama.

She pushed the first vote off to David (perhaps it was planned that way) so that David & Piers would vote and then she would get the deciding vote.

Shame on Sharon. There is no way that the dog has more talent that the singer.

Agman 2009

08-13-09, 11:02 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Tony & Rory vs Charles"
Agreed, Sharon should be ashamed of herself. I think she was trying to diversify the talent by dumping a singer (of which there are many) and keeping the dog. I felt badly for the singer...he really got cheated.
It was the only surprise of the night, though.

Lorr 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-13-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lorr Click to send private message to Lorr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Tony & Rory vs Charles"
There is no way this act can be a headliner in Vegas. I enjoy them but I would not pay money to go watch the dog jump and catch for 45 minutes

08-13-09, 11:05 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Tony & Rory vs Charles"
I wasn't impressed with Charles, but a frisbee dog act isn't a million-dollar winner either. Both of these acts are cannon fodder in the semi-finals, so in the long run it didn't matter which one Sharon picked.

If I were a judge, I'd pick Thia Megia or the blues-guitar kid over both of them.

08-13-09, 11:19 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Tony & Rory vs Charles"
Actually, you're right...it didn't really matter who Sharon picked, because nether will win. I'm still hoping to see the blues guitar kid. It was criminal that he wasn't sent on in the first place.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-13-09, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Top 40: Second Eliminations"
So glad Alizma and Eleisha Miller were eliminated

Both cannot sing

Also, I didn't like Alizma's attitude

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •