The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Las Vegas Tryouts??????????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-29-09, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Las Vegas Tryouts??????????"
What was that? "Congratulations, Your going to Vegas." But then they tell a fourth of them in the airport that they didn't make it and send them home.

The rest of the acts get to have fun in Vegas for a night or two, but then wait in a room while the judges review tapes of their original auditions and decides from that who goes on to the final 40.

Why didn't they just let the contestants perform for them again. It wouldn't have taken that much longer than viewing all of the tapes and it would have at least given everyone the impression that they had at competed.

Next year they say "Congratulations, Your tape is going to Vegas."

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Las Vegas Tryouts?????????? mindy23 07-29-09 1
   RE: Las Vegas Tryouts?????????? catsnotkids 07-29-09 2
 RE: Las Vegas Tryouts?????????? Donald Chump 07-29-09 3
 RE: Las Vegas Tryouts?????????? dabo 07-29-09 4
   RE: Las Vegas Tryouts?????????? jbug 07-30-09 5
       RE: Las Vegas Tryouts?????????? Gerbear 07-31-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-29-09, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Las Vegas Tryouts??????????"
ICAM!!! Give me a freaking break! In these days of recession/depression, they put hundreds of people from all over the country on airplanes, flew them to Vegas, just to have them hang out in the hangar (pardon the pun), only to be sent home the same danged day! WHAT IS THAT ABOUT??

It seems someone is smoking a real good product and not thinking too straight. I think Ozzie passed it out before the show started. Only Piers seems to have the brains of a talent judge.

What a total waste of time, money, efforts and tv space!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-29-09, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Las Vegas Tryouts??????????"
ITA. What a shame - all these people had to take time off of work, mess up their own schedules and lives, just to fly in and fly out? Really stupid.

The judges/producers could have just as easily viewed those tapes from the comfort of the studio and let these poor people know some other way.

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-29-09, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Las Vegas Tryouts??????????"
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-09 AT 08:04 PM (EST)

What the hell was the purpose of Vegas if they're not going to have the contestants perform there?

I wish some of the contestants gave them a good cussing.

If that's how they're going to operate, they shouldn't bother with the rest of the episodes. Just have the panel decide the winner right now and be done with it.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-29-09, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Las Vegas Tryouts??????????"
I know exactly what you mean, somewhere off-camera a director was giving the judges the "stretch" signal. I call schmalz!

Why not just have a couple fewer audition rounds and a couple more semi-final rounds? This show has some amusement in the dog days of summer value but it doesn't really become entertainment until we get to vote.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-09, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Las Vegas Tryouts??????????"
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-09 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

Not really any tryouts in Vegas.

All those people went to Vegas just to sit around and wait to see if they'd be going to Hollywood?

They didn't audition again like the do on AI?

Why send them all out there? Why not just call them on the phone and tell them?

Any idea how long the time was/is from those Vegas cuts and the decision of the final 40 to when the live shows actually start in Hollywood?
So they all go home again and then the 40 acts go to Hollywood?
Strange, I don't remember all this from last season....

Agman 2009

Gerbear 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-31-09, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gerbear Click to send private message to Gerbear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Las Vegas Tryouts??????????"
I think this was different in Vegas from last season.

My memory is very bad but I do not remember them being cut like this last season.
I thought they did their acts again Vegas and then were cut.

Also I think the first tryouts were much longer this season.
It seems it went on forever this time around.
So maybe they made the first tryouts much longer and then cut out the Vegas time.
But that was rotten to tell these folks they were going on to Vegas and then send them right back home once the plane landed.

Yes, they did not lie and sent them off to Vegas but heck all they got was a plane ride and their hopes up.
Did not like that at all.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •